Batman, Spiderman, Magneto, Wolverine...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
Which is the worst case of Fanboyism? I've just joined the forum but I've read and enjoyed the many debates here for a full year. Now, we all have our favorite characters (mine being Thanos), but I think most would agree some of us use these excuses to make guys unbeatable:

Batman- Prep
Spiderman- Spidey Sense
Magneto- Control the iron in your blood
Wolverine-Healing factor

I hereby call upon Fanboys everywhere to take the battles here seriously, and admit when your guy's outclassed. Thanos is my guy, but there are guys in every comic universe who'd whip his purple A$$!

wolverine8888
magneto wins lol

who?-kid
You forgot dr. Doom (beats everyone with enough prep) and Surfer (just look at his powers, look at them goddammit).

wink

(But in this thread, I vote for Batman).

spetznaz
Originally posted by Crease
Which is the worst case of Fanboyism? I've just joined the forum but I've read and enjoyed the many debates here for a full year. Now, we all have our favorite characters (mine being Thanos), but I think most would agree some of us use these excuses to make guys unbeatable:

Batman- Prep
Spiderman- Spidey Sense
Magneto- Control the iron in your blood
Wolverine-Healing factor

I hereby call upon Fanboys everywhere to take the battles here seriously, and admit when your guy's outclassed. Thanos is my guy, but there are guys in every comic universe who'd whip his purple A$$!

Easily Wolverine .....wiith nearly 100% of the fanboyism associated with him directly attributable to one certain poster whose name has Wolverine in it, and then some digits after ...hint hint.
Under the auspices of this poster, Wolverine has managed to do feats that are not to be found in any comic book.

Anyways, there are Magneto fanboys ....but Magneto is still a really powerful character.
There are Batman fanboys ....but Bruce Wayne is really efficient with prep.
There are Spiderman fanboys (who at times have some rather weird arguments) .....but Peter Parker is a really rich character when it comes to depth, and in terms of ability I'd even say he is under-written since he is capable of far far more (think of something along the lines of a really smart, very strong, rather fast, highly agile, super-fighter who also happens to have what is essentially pre-cognition in his spidersense).

HOWEVER Wolverine is a short dude with an effective healing factor (although not even the best in Marvel), adamantium bonding that gives him nearly unbreakable bones and claws able to cut through nearly anything, and a disposition that makes him either the life of the party or the grumpy dude coming after your jugular.
And he is a really cool character.
However his fanboys (or may I should use the singular fanboy) turn what would be a really hot character into a parody.
Some of the characters his fanboys (fanboy) state he could beat are so out of Wolverine's league that he wouldn't even be a minor threat to them.

And one of these days Marvel will stop giving Wolvie a bunch of PIS .....and it seems as if it has started. In the Ultimate series the Hulk literally ripped Wolverine into two.
I guess Marvel may be growing up when it comes to Wolverine.

Oh, and one more thing ....the DC/MARVEL crossover that was voted on by fans .....there was a match between Wolverine and Lobo.
Wolverine won due to voting.

Wolverine easily has the greatest fanboy factor here.

Crease
Originally posted by spetznaz
Easily Wolverine .....wiith nearly 100% of the fanboyism associated with him directly attributable to one certain poster whose name has Wolverine in it, and then some digits after ...hint hint.
Under the auspices of this poster, Wolverine has managed to do feats that are not to be found in any comic book.

Anyways, there are Magneto fanboys ....but Magneto is still a really powerful character.
There are Batman fanboys ....but Bruce Wayne is really efficient with prep.
There are Spiderman fanboys (who at times have some rather weird arguments) .....but Peter Parker is a really rich character when it comes to depth, and in terms of ability I'd even say he is under-written since he is capable of far far more (think of something along the lines of a really smart, very strong, rather fast, highly agile, super-fighter who also happens to have what is essentially pre-cognition in his spidersense).

HOWEVER Wolverine is a short dude with an effective healing factor (although not even the best in Marvel), adamantium bonding that gives him nearly unbreakable bones and claws able to cut through nearly anything, and a disposition that makes him either the life of the party or the grumpy dude coming after your jugular.
And he is a really cool character.
However his fanboys (or may I should use the singular fanboy) turn what would be a really hot character into a parody.
Some of the characters his fanboys (fanboy) state he could beat are so out of Wolverine's league that he wouldn't even be a minor threat to them.

And one of these days Marvel will stop giving Wolvie a bunch of PIS .....and it seems as if it has started. In the Ultimate series the Hulk literally ripped Wolverine into two.
I guess Marvel may be growing up when it comes to Wolverine.

Oh, and one more thing ....the DC/MARVEL crossover that was voted on by fans .....there was a match between Wolverine and Lobo.
Wolverine won due to voting.

Wolverine easily has the greatest fanboy factor here.

This is a great example of legitimately defending your opinion, backing it up with examples completely free of bias...great job spetznaz

darkfan76
(1) spider-man:

The spider sense is perceived by fanboys as unlimited precognition, almost as the one of a Jedi master, as if spider-man could know exactly when, how, where a hit will come. If this were the case, spider-man's enemies in comics wouldn't stand a chance and that's not the case. We've seen spider-man having a hard time with green goblin and others. Even thought I think the whole spider sense thing makes no sense, since real spiders don't have such precognition, I guess it will work really as an alarm system, telling him that something is approaching, but not necessarily meaning SM would know where and when to move, and he wouldn't have necessarily the time to dodge everything, specially if his attention is focused on something else. Anyway I have always thought the spider sense can be both an advantage and a disadvantage for spider-man, since it can be confused as the punisher did once. I guess spider-man's foes are written as idiots since they have not realized a that this spider sense can be deceived. Note: I like spider-man, don't get me wrong.

(2) Wolverine: Again a great advantage can be turn into a disadvantage. e.g., heavy adamantium bones, I guess wolverine would have more problems than regular humans when they have to swim. or the use of magnetism as Magneto did. Also unbreakable claws that can be use against himself. Any experimented and skillful martial artist could not only dodge wolverine attacks, but make him hurt himself. Yeah, fanboys will claim that wolverine's healing factor makes all soars meaningless, but that is not true, and what comic books have shown is that when the damage is big, even wolverine will faint or even die. Super sharp senses. Again: very loud or high sounds or penetrating bad odours could affect wolverine more than regular human beings, just as in the case of daredevil. He's very cool, but what about the "berserk wolverine". He could be stronger and feel no pain, but that makes him vulnerable to smart opponents, that will use his rage against himself, leading him to a trap. Yes, "berserk wolverine" has no analytical mind.

(3) Magneto: Magnetic fields and magnetism is overrated in magneto's case. The truth is that Iron is present in the blood as a non-magnetic compound. Yes, and magnetic fields only repel other magnetic fields of
opposite charge, not even metal objects. But, that's OK with me, we are talking abouts comic books, just don't make it look as if there are no more powerful energies than magnetism. Electricity, a heavy object moving fast, a very strong being, even gravity, would have more effect on metal objects than magnetic forces many times.

(4)Batman: Very fast mind, and tactician. That sounds fair to me. As described in comic books, he is smart enough to know his own limits. (I'm batman's fan, as a matter of fact). But some of batman's fanboys, only use the phrases "batman would win because he's batman", "batman would find a way", "batman could beat anybody with enough preparation time". It might be true in many cases, but in others like "batman vs Galactus " threads, it is just laughable. In the case batman would have preparation time to face Galactus, the most probably thing he would do first is to recognize that he is not able to defeat Galactus by himself, and then he will get some help, or in some cases he will just back off and/or trick him to gain more time or more help, or as a last resort he would sacrifice himself trying to stop someone. He's not unbeatable at all, but yes he's damn good!

MuffinmanMike
Batman can find some sort of serum to calm the Hulk down.

Spidey can avoid him for a few hours till he just gets annoyed and leaves/the rest of the Avengers come in to help.

Magneto is Magneto.

Wolverine can heal. It's not even as powerful as Deadpools healing factor. Yet, despite all this, and his adamantium skeleton(which can apparently hurt guys who constantly punch metal and ignore the pain), he's said to be a match for the Hulk. Not Uni-Power Wolverine. REGULAR Wolverine.

Worst fanboys of all.

Crease
Originally posted by darkfan76
(1) spider-man:

The spider sense is perceived by fanboys as unlimited precognition, almost as the one of a Jedi master, as if spider-man could know exactly when, how, where a hit will come. If this were the case, spider-man's enemies in comics wouldn't stand a chance and that's not the case. We've seen spider-man having a hard time with green goblin and others. Even thought I think the whole spider sense thing makes no sense, since real spiders don't have such precognition, I guess it will work really as an alarm system, telling him that something is approaching, but not necessarily meaning SM would know where and when to move, and he wouldn't have necessarily the time to dodge everything, specially if his attention is focused on something else. Anyway I have always thought the spider sense can be both an advantage and a disadvantage for spider-man, since it can be confused as the punisher did once. I guess spider-man's foes are written as idiots since they have not realized a that this spider sense can be deceived. Note: I like spider-man, don't get me wrong.

(2) Wolverine: Again a great advantage can be turn into a disadvantage. e.g., heavy adamantium bones, I guess wolverine would have more problems than regular humans when they have to swim. or the use of magnetism as Magneto did. Also unbreakable claws that can be use against himself. Any experimented and skillful martial artist could not only dodge wolverine attacks, but make him hurt himself. Yeah, fanboys will claim that wolverine's healing factor makes all soars meaningless, but that is not true, and what comic books have shown is that when the damage is big, even wolverine will faint or even die. Super sharp senses. Again: very loud or high sounds or penetrating bad odours could affect wolverine more than regular human beings, just as in the case of daredevil. He's very cool, but what about the "berserk wolverine". He could be stronger and feel no pain, but that makes him vulnerable to smart opponents, that will use his rage against himself, leading him to a trap. Yes, "berserk wolverine" has no analytical mind.

(3) Magneto: Magnetic fields and magnetism is overrated in magneto's case. The truth is that Iron is present in the blood as a non-magnetic compound. Yes, and magnetic fields only repel other magnetic fields of
opposite charge, not even metal objects. But, that's OK with me, we are talking abouts comic books, just don't make it look as if there are no more powerful energies than magnetism. Electricity, a heavy object moving fast, a very strong being, even gravity, would have more effect on metal objects than magnetic forces many times.

(4)Batman: Very fast mind, and tactician. That sounds fair to me. As described in comic books, he is smart enough to know his own limits. (I'm batman's fan, as a matter of fact). But some of batman's fanboys, only use the phrases "batman would win because he's batman", "batman would find a way", "batman could beat anybody with enough preparation time". It might be true in many cases, but in others like "batman vs Galactus " threads, it is just laughable. In the case batman would have preparation time to face Galactus, the most probably thing he would do first is to recognize that he is not able to defeat Galactus by himself, and then he will get some help, or in some cases he will just back off and/or trick him to gain more time or more help, or as a last resort he would sacrifice himself trying to stop someone. He's not unbeatable at all, but yes he's damn good!

Another seemingly unbiased post...however, you didn't clearly state which character's perceived advantage is the most overrated...I'd hate to have to assume.

darkfan76
Another seemingly unbiased post...however, you didn't clearly state which character's perceived advantage is the most overrated...I'd hate to have to assume.

Hmm...

As they were mentioned

(1) Spiderman (most overrated)
(2) Wolverine
(3) Magneto
(4) Batman (less overrated of the ones inclueded in this list)

darkfan76
Crease, by the way, are you latino?? I like the phrase at the bottom of your posts...

Crease
Crease, by the way, are you latino?? I like the phrase at the bottom of your posts...
Thanks for the compliment, but no, I'm actually black...I do speak a little spanish though. The story behind my nickname is from the movie "Man on Fire".

darkfan76
Thanks for the compliment, but no, I'm actually black...I do speak a little spanish though. The story behind my nickname is from the movie "Man on Fire".

Great. You should try to participate in some spanish-forums sometimes in case you want to practice your spanish.... As I do to practice my english...

stick out tongue (just a thought..)

Anyway,

What are your thoughts about these overrated characters? Who goes first in your book??

Crease
Great. You should try to participate in some spanish-forums sometimes in case you want to practice your spanish.... As I do to practice my english...

stick out tongue (just a thought..)

Anyway,

What are your thoughts about these overrated characters? Who goes first in your book??

Will do, yo necesito practicar...But as far as these four guys:

Magneto- One of Marvels most powerful if not the most powerful Earth-born characters...the complete scope of Magneto's power puts him on par with the low level cosmic guys. His only drawback vs them would be the speed factor, and not being able to exist indefinitely in space. Having said that, Magneto could dispose of most guys we pit him against with relative ease. Thus he'd easily be the least overrated. His supporters "cop out" with the "iron in your blood thing" when they really don't have to.

Spiderman- Spidey's fans have taken a great idea for a hero and changed him into something more than he is. Spiderman cannot tell the future. That's not how spideysense is or has ever been portrayed. Yet I've heard on this very forum that Daredevil, Cap, Batman, Wolverine, and a couple other guys who are all considered to be among the best hand-to-hand combatants in comicdom would not be able to hit Spidey because of his "Spidersense"...sad.

Batman- Best idea for a hero ever. Period. Talk about inspiration. However...even with "prep", Batman cannot best heros/villains with super strength, speed, reflexes, or abilities that can hurt him from a distance. (i.e. Storm, Cyclops, etc...) yet, on this very forum, people have him beating guys with enhanced strength and speed...with ease.

The only exception to this would be the JLA itself. Batman is too resourceful not to have contigency plans just in case one of these powerhouses go crazy on the unsuspecting world. Because of this reason, with prep, I would take Batman against ANY of the other JLAers.

Don't get me wrong, in all of comicdom Batman's prep is second only to Thanos of Titan. But unless you're talking a decade, not an hour, prep won't help him against the majority of superpowered people. A little while ago there was a hotly contested vs debate...Spidey vs Batman. Spidey's physical stats are so much more impressive than Bat's across the board that this should've been a joke. One punch without Spidey holding back kills Bats. Unless of course you give Bats Spideysense . lol

And Spidey's at least as smart as Bats. Batman's skills of deduction are the best in comicdom, but let's not call him a "genius" like I've heard so much. Dr. Doom, Reed Richards are genuises. Batman's only a detective genius. Period. Same as Magneto's a genetic genius and Tony Starks a mechanical genius.

Wolverine- Fanboys want you to beleive that Wolverine can't die without being disintergrated. Ok...adamantium skeleton and all, some of the guys you think Wolverine has a chance against don't even notice he's alive. "If Wolverine can get to THOR'S throat..." sounds...well...not so smart.

All in all, Wolvie just barely edges out Batman for the title of "The most Overrated" . At least Bats books are always well written, whereas Wolverine could lose to Jubilee one week and best Hercules the next.

house
whos ever heard of a magneto fanboy? btw I think wolverines fanboys are superior.

gladiator69
wolverine has much better fighting skills then magento but no way in hell he can beat magneto cause magneto could control wolverines body with the metal inside him. adamentium or what ever the hell you call it.

and out of all the rest of the guys magento can kick there butts and nothing can ever hurt magneto cause when he covers himself with his magnetic force field nothing can get through

the_satan32
Spider-Man's spider-sence is a form precognition. In the clone saga there was a failed clone called Kaine who's powers where at a superior level. With his spider-sence he could see the future and to the question why Spidey has been hit before, the answer is simple - an invincible hero is a boring hero (like Superman). I think Batman has the worst fanboys "Batman will find a way" is a good example. I mean they make it look loke with prep Bats can beat anyone. Wolverine has some nasty ones too but still Bats is "winner".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.