Who had the better voice Freddy Mercury,Robert Plant or Steven Tyler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
I personal liked Robert Plant and Freddy Mercury equally

Alpha Centauri
I prefer Plant, but I think Freddy's was technically better.

-AC

Deathblow
Might just be me, but Tyler always sounds like he's trying way too hard.

Plant in my view has the perfect rock voice. He's not technically the best, there are many who can hold a note better than him, and who have a better range, but as a frontman, can't beat him.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't go so far as to say he can't be beat as a frontman, but I do agree he has one of the voices that epitomise rock music.

The wail on Whole Lotta Love of course.

-AC

Impediment
As much as I love Led Zeppelin, I have to say Freddie Mercury has the best voice. He had lotsa talent.

Victor Von Doom
Steven Tyler is out of his depth.

Robert Plant versus Mercury is a bit like, respectively, Chris Cornell versus Mike Patton.

Plant is the better pure singer. Mercury is better technically and imaginatively.

I'm not sure which I'd pick though.

barbarossa
Oh Freddy, you left us too soon.

Yes, I beleive Freddy is the better of the three.

Slay
Robert Plant.

Not because i think he's better technically or as a frontman.I just like his voice more then those of the other two.I don't see why Steven Tyler is in there anywho erm

alic88
Freddy Mercury

L0KI
Why IS Tyler in there? .....his status isn't that of the other 2.

Ladyluck
There's something about Robert Plant's voice that I just love, but I think Freddy Mercury's voice is much better.

MildPossession
Robert Plant for me.

GABRIEL05
Mercury owns them all

knight
Freddy Mercury

http://queen.home.sapo.pt/freddie_mercury_tribute_concert.jpg

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

Pandemoniac
Tyler has his moments in some songs, but he is indeed no match at all in this poll.
Out of Plant and Mercury, I like Mercury's tone and feel for emotion better, he seems more adaptable to the topics of his songs. Plant does sounds more powerfull though.

el_barto
Freddie Mercury

eggmayo
Freddie Mercury.

cool_dudes_rule
Originally posted by alic88
Freddy Mercury agreed.

Maya Zurak
Plant.

AC/DC'S_LVR
steven tyler hands down
go sexy go sexy go!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Pezmerga
Mercury. Greatest of all time imo.

VoodooChile89
Steven Tyler? wtf?

I prefer Plant and Zeppelin MUCH more than Mercury and Queen... but Freddy has the better voice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.