Thanos vs. Lucifer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369

DrDoom101
I love thanos but i say Lucifer.

id369
Originally posted by DrDoom101
I love thanos but i say Lucifer.

In a chess match?

and

and Thanos would lose even with a cosmic cube?

do voice out your opinon evil face

DrDoom101
Lucifer wins both...

id369
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Lucifer wins both...

Ouch where are the Thanos fan boys?.............

sam_drugbringer
Lucifer wins, no contest.

leonidas
lucifer wins against thanos with anything you want to give him. do you know how far above thanos lucifer is in every way . . .?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by leonidas
lucifer wins against thanos with anything you want to give him. do you know how far above thanos lucifer is in every way . . .?

even in darts, tennis, basketball, and TV trivia? eek!

leonidas
hmmmmm . . .

id369

yes I do.

sam_drugbringer
It's like this.

Lucifer > Eternals and absolutes > high level comsic entitys > mid level cosmic entitys > low level cosmic entitys > Thanos.

id369
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
It's like this.

Lucifer > Eternals and absolutes > high level comsic entitys > mid level cosmic entitys > low level cosmic entitys > Thanos.

I thought Thanos was an Eternal. And the Cosmic Cube gives him a huge bump.

Well here is lucifer...(in case you didnt know)

Also known as Morningstar and Lightbringer, formerly the angel Samael. The first rebel among the angels and the undisputed ruler of Hell for millennia. Not too long ago, the Lightbringer had gone weary of his un-life. He abdicated, cut off his wings, and abandoned Hell. Since then, Lucifer has been seen vacationing at a beach in Australia, among other things. He has also assisted Heaven with taking care of an unholy spirit, taking the assignment in exchange for an apology and a letter of passage from the Creator. These days, Lucifer is the owner of the exclusive bar called Lux, located in Los Angeles, with his mistress Mazikeen on his side. His current plans are mainly unknown, but without any doubt, there are plans of infernal proportions. Hell's ruler or not, Lucifer is still one of the mightiest beings in any world. He recently created his own Universe as opposed to his creator's.

HISTORY

In the beginning there was only God, and God created the Archangels Michael and Samael, also known as Lucifer Morningstar, the bringer of light. Michael used his power to create the first matter, and Lucifer's will shaped it into suns and thus the universe was created.

God preordained everything in the universe, everything was already written, and everything had to follow the script. Lucifer was a wise, caring and passionate angel and ultimately that was what brought about his downfall. The caring Lucifer questioned the Presence's master plan and the fact that he had to follow the plan too, and started a rebellion. Lucifer managed to get one third of the host of heaven under his banner and stormed the Silver City. The fight didn't go to well for Lucifer, his brother Michael had to much power in him, and pushed Lucifer's army to the edges of heaven, and finally, they were banished from Heaven.

Around ten billion years ago after falling for an eternity they would up in the metaphysical realm that would one day become known as Hell. Realizing that it would be impossible to return Lucifer began his reign in Hell and became the undisputed Lord of Evil for ages. Though being the most powerful of demons, he rarely ventured from his throne in Dis. Lucifer ruled hell for ten billion years, but he never liked it, he got bored, so bored he manipulated the demons who lived in hell. He set them one against the other, let them faction, divide and plot.

At the end of a course of events known as "American Gothic", connected to the world-shattering Crisis, a force called the Ultimate Darkness arose and merged with the Divine. This resulted in a civil war in Hell, something which ultimately made Lucifer allow it to be ruled by a Triumvirate consisting of Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies, Azazel the Abomination, and himself.

One day, Dream of the Endless (Morpheus) decided it was time to get his ex-girlfriend out from hell, he was feeling a bit bad about sending her to hell and let her alone in that place for ten thousand years. Morpheus didn't want to go to hell; because the last time he visited the place, he embarrassed Lucifer, and Lucifer has never been very good in forgiving. But Lucifer was actually happy about Morpheus' visit, it gave him the opportunity to quite Hell. Lucifer kicked out everyone in hell, closed down all the doors and gave the key to Morpheus, hell no longer was the responsibility of Lucifer. Lucifer asked Morpheus to cut his wings, and Morpheus did.

Having walked on Earth for a short while Lucifer later settled down in the city of Los Angeles, where he opened his own piano bar called "The Lux". His girlfriend, the lilim Mazikeen, became a waitress, and Lucifer played the piano every night. For a while, this satisfied Lucifer, he no longer ruled hell like God wanted. But it didn't last, Amenadiel of the thrones showed up, Heaven needed someone to do some dirty work, and of course, they decided to hire Lucifer.

Lucifer had to kill the voiceless gods, forgotten deities from a time when men were not advanced enough to imagine anything better than dark clouds as deities. He accomplished his mission and killed the voiceless, and he received his reward, a letter of passage, which allowed Lucifer to leave creation and visit the void.

Needing his wings back to navigate in the void, Lucifer visited Izanami's hell, because Remiel (who by God's order became the next ruler of hell and found the wings there) had sold the wings to the Japanese gods. Lucifer could not enter Izanami's realm with his powers and his immortality, so he had to leave that at the door, so to speak. Lucifer entered the house of windowless rooms, outsmarted Izanami's children, and got his wings back.

Amenadiel took the armies of heaven under his command and attacked Lucifer, to close down the gate to the void. But Lucifer outsmarted them too, he put a monster he had recently hired on the other side to eat anyone who dared cross the gate to the void, and he also rescued his brother Michael from Sandalphon, another rebellious angel. Michael has the demiurgic power, if he dies, the power explodes and wipes out the entire multiverse. No angel dared to attack Lucifer while he carried Michael's body, and Lucifer had promised Michael, that he would kill him, which was the only way to heal Michael, because it would allow him to resurrect himself without all the scars Sandalphon gave him. Amenadiel had two choices, let Lucifer kill Michael in creation and destroy everything, or let Lucifer keep the gate and kill Michael in the void.

Lucifer took Michael into the void and killed him, the demiurgic power created matter in the void, like it did when it created the original multiverse. Lucifer later shaped the matter into a new multiverse, creating worlds and galaxies. He then invited anyone who wanted from God's cosmos to live in his cosmos.

Lucifer currently watches over this new cosmos, and he only has one rule. You shall not worship anything, not even Lucifer, or you die.

POWERS AND WEAPONS

Lucifer is omnipotent, he can create his own universes on a whim, create life and create entire concepts like 'Time' from scratch.

His power is incalculable. He stood on ground zero of the demiurgic explosion, the explosion that could wipe out a multiverse, and didn't even get a tan.

Only his brother Michael is his equal in power, and only God is superior to both of them.

But the power Lucifer likes to use most is his brain, his devious bastardness allow him to defeat gods even when he is mortal and powerless. He is the god of deception and prep time. Compared to him Batman and Dr. Doom are babies.

id369
Ok lets Give Thanos a better comic Item......IG. So can this should even out the fight. (not the chess game thou)

sam_drugbringer
I meant the Endless.

kgkg
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
It's like this.

Cosmic has been outsmarted by Thanos many times

leonidas
he ain't outsmarting lucifer. give him ANYTHING you want. lucifer still wins or at the least stalemates in power and talks thanos out of whatever device he has. lucifer is thanos taken to the n-th. and thanos is AN eternal -- not 'eternal'. though i suppose since death banned him he is immortal . . .

Avalonofthewind
Thanos gets outsmarted by Warlock.
Lucifer will feed him his brain Hannibal style.

id369
If anyone in marvel has anychance at fighting on even grounds agianst Lucifer it would be thanos. Thats all I think.

kgkg
he ain't outsmarting lucifer. give him ANYTHING you want. lucifer still wins or at the least stalemates in power and talks thanos out of whatever device he has. lucifer is thanos taken to the n-th. and thanos is AN eternal -- not 'eternal'. though i suppose since death banned him he is immortal . . .
didn't say he will.

Lucifer has been trick in the past but doesn't mean much here.

being like Eternity etc don't act that's why they get tricked.

in Vs forums they whould know everything.

and ya Lucifer wins

sam_drugbringer
Lucifer's place is... disputed.

But by any accounts, the weakest thing that could possibly defeat him in marvel are the absolutes, and that's selling him VERY short.

Beyonder
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Thanos gets outsmarted by Warlock.
Lucifer will feed him his brain Hannibal style.

Come on now, he'd outsmart Darkseid, Supes, and Batman as well.
Magus outsmarted LT, Galactus, and Eternity.
Other than Warlock, who really stopped one of Thanos' grand schemes?

Lucifer wins.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Beyonder
Come on now, he'd outsmart Darkseid, Supes, and Batman as well.
Magus outsmarted LT, Galactus, and Eternity.
Other than Warlock, who really stopped one of Thanos' grand schemes?

Lucifer wins.

Thanos has done well for himself. No doubt about that, but compared to Lucifer? He's probably forgotten more than Thanos will ever know.

Piedmon
Who wins in the smarts department basically depends on who's writing.

Can Mike Carey outfox Jim Starlin (closest thing Thanos has to a core writer I guess...)

Superherovandal
Lucifer is what Thanos could never imagine of being intelligence wise. I can honestly say that there is noone in comics more genius, intelligent, sharp, etc than Lucifer.

Xplosive
Lucifer would beat also Thanos with IG, but Thanos with HOTU would tear him apart.

leonidas
no

Superherovandal
he'd trick Thanos into giving him the power of HOTU. and then rule MU.

eleveninches
He wouldnt even bother with thanos. he is not even a threat to lucy

Xplosive
Originally posted by Superherovandal
he'd trick Thanos into giving him the power of HOTU. and then rule MU.

Even if this is Lucifer, he wouldnt succed on Thanos.

Superherovandal
Of course he could He'd just promise Thanos Death.

leonheartmm
even with the HOTU, thanos cant do shit to lucifer.

Xplosive
Originally posted by leonheartmm
even with the HOTU, thanos cant do shit to lucifer.

Yeah right, keep dreaming. Lucifer is shit to THOTU.

leonidas
really? care to explain why?

Xplosive
really? care to explain why?

Lucifer is joke to THOTU like LT and rest of the MU was.

sam_drugbringer
Do you think Thanos could have beaten ToAA with the HotU? If not, he can't beat lucifer ethier.

leonidas
<<Lucifer is joke to THOTU like LT and rest of the MU was.>>

except that lucifer is nothing like lt or the 'rest of the marvel universe' . . .

there IS no lucifer equivalent in marvel.

id369

except that lucifer is nothing like lt or the 'rest of the marvel universe' . . .

Closest thing would be Thanos or Warlock/Manus HoTU.

golem370
Living Tribunal became part of Thanos with HOTU Powers.Lucifer at nothing to that. Living Tribunal is the second most powerful being in the Universe besides The All Powerful no I am sorry but until I see Phoenix Force or the Beyonders beat him or Stop him that's what I think. Now I have heard alot of different stories about Lucifer,Michael and Spectre it gets more and more confusing. Living Tribunal is the Judge Jury and Exercution over all the Universe's of Marvel.

Xplosive

Only disaster fan of Lucifer can say that.

leonidas
<<Only disaster fan of Lucifer can say that>>

disaster fan? blink i like disasters? well there was that time i was rooting for a blizzard so i could stay home and watch the michigan/ohio state game . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

by the way, nice argument. i said there is no equivalent to lucifer because there IS no equivalent. marvel's cosmology is simply different and doesn't allow for a character like lucifer. thanos with hotu could wipe out everything but it's likley lucifer would be outside its sphere of influence because lucifer is older than the concepts that rule creation. as i said, i suppose there is a chance lucifer couldn't kill thanos (but e wouldn't have to, he is MORE than intelligent enough to beat him without a direct conflict) with the hotu, but it's at least equally unlikely thanos could kill lucifer.

Sir Whirlysplat
<<Only disaster fan of Lucifer can say that>>

disaster fan? blink i like disasters? well there was that time i was rooting for a blizzard so i could stay home and watch the michigan/ohio state game . . . roll eyes (sarcastic)

by the way, nice argument. i said there is no equivalent to lucifer because there IS no equivalent. marvel's cosmology is simply different and doesn't allow for a character like lucifer. thanos with hotu could wipe out everything but it's likley lucifer would be outside its sphere of influence because lucifer is older than the concepts that rule creation. as i said, i suppose there is a chance lucifer couldn't kill thanos (but e wouldn't have to, he is MORE than intelligent enough to beat him without a direct conflict) with the hotu, but it's at least equally unlikely thanos could kill lucifer.

laughing out loud So true

id369
Jesus would lay a smack down on Lucifer and Thanos.

Mider
Lucifer can exist outside of existence even creat the likes of time and space to his will and THOTU was the full power of TOAA when thanos had it he was TOAA this was so that TOAA would not have to sacrifice himself but instead have someone power hungry do so. Lucfer also outsmarts gods and the like even with out any power and his power is beyond thanos and even the IG against the THATU i wouldnt know but can he servive the power of THATU yes cause he can take a blast that can destroy a multiverse at ground zero and not be scratched thats big time durability is there even a level of durability for that?

joesha28
Thanos could only win with HOTU....

The Ion
Originally posted by Mider
Lucifer can exist outside of existence even creat the likes of time and space to his will and THOTU was the full power of TOAA when thanos had it he was TOAA this was so that TOAA would not have to sacrifice himself but instead have someone power hungry do so. Lucfer also outsmarts gods and the like even with out any power and his power is beyond thanos and even the IG against the THATU i wouldnt know but can he servive the power of THATU yes cause he can take a blast that can destroy a multiverse at ground zero and not be scratched thats big time durability is there even a level of durability for that?
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

Beyonder
Originally posted by The Ion
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

laughing out loud

leonidas
laughing rolling on floor laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.