Peta

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soleran30
Wow I have seen it all.......obviously PETA is all for a tofu thanksgiving however now they are looking to other avenues....

ie fishing is now cruelty to animals they have the same pain receptors as cats and dogs and if you fish look out becuase you are a flithy animal murderersmile

BackFire
PETA is a stupid, hypocritical and idiotic organization. They are an evil corperation who support terrorists and criminals. They are nazious in nature and rely heavily on lies and rhetoric to get their point across. They are dangerous and should be avoided/destroyed at all costs. Next time you see a PETA rally be sure to throw some animal blood on them.

soleran30
I don't know Backfire they are all eating tofu and they want equal rights for turkey's as well.

They do make an interesting point though who would eat dog or cat instead of turkey or at least kill their own animal for slaughter.

BackFire
That's not an interesting point.

Of course people wouldn't kill their own pet, it's their pet. They love it and it's part of their family. They exist to be a pet, not to be eaten. Turkeys that are eating are born for the sole purpose to be eaten.

They're a bullshit organization. They're bad in every sense of the word.

soleran30
Lol I never said eat your dog......I said a dog. I wouldn't kill my dog and eat him eithersmile However if it was a dog plant instead of turkey how would people feel about throat slitting of dogs and cats to eat might strike a nerve.

Will I stop fishing or become a vegetarian? Nope but its certainly a perspective to think about.

Any one for a bit of dog pattae?

Darth Revan
If we lived in a country where turkeys were pets, and dogs were for food, nobody would feel any different.

Besides which, turkeys are extremely dull-witted, aggressive animals. I would not want one living in my house any more than I would want to shoot a dog. Domestic turkeys are bred for eating... Dogs are not. No need to compare them.

Also, being a meat animal on somebody's farm wouldn't be so bad. You'd get to eat and sleep all day, then die young and healthy before becoming senile and immobile.

Tptmanno1
Heh!
Murder makes meat all the more tasty!
I once saw a group of Peta-ians picketing a KFC.
I've never wanted fried chicken so much in my life.

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
I don't know Backfire they are all eating tofu and they want equal rights for turkey's as well.

They do make an interesting point though who would eat dog or cat instead of turkey or at least kill their own animal for slaughter. Interesting though...It's hard to kill your own food...I've done it twice, and couldn't stand the thought of killing something that liked you and followed you around, then to eat it...though one was mean...I still had a hard time with that......One was a rooster....the other was a duck... sad ...Then I have a pet turkey, and she was hurt, so I tried to kill her too by wringing her neck....To put her out of her misery.....OH MY GOD....the most awful thing I ever did....she wouldnt die...her neck just kept going around, like two times.....OH GEEZ....I had to have a few drinks and crying all while trying to do that to her....She's my pet.. Because of those experience....me can't kill anymore...

OH..BTW...I've had Tofurky...It's ok...it's just made of glutton not tofu...but real turkey does tast yummier. sad

Imperial_Samura

debbiejo
Turkeys are very good pets...social....I remember one family telling me that once a turkey came up to see what they were doing, and they all grabbed stick an what not to beat it to death, to eat it.....and Yes people do eat dogs in China along with monkey brains, cats....man everything...I don't know much about PETA...some of what I've read is true though...I'm mainly veggie myself...

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by debbiejo
Interesting though...It's hard to kill your own food...I've done it twice, and couldn't stand the thought of killing something that liked you and followed you around, then to eat it...though one was mean...I still had a hard time with that......One was a rooster....the other was a duck... sad ...Then I have a pet turkey, and she was hurt, so I tried to kill her too by wringing her neck....To put her out of her misery.....OH MY GOD....the most awful thing I ever did....she wouldnt die...her neck just kept going around, like two times.....OH GEEZ....I had to have a few drinks and crying all while trying to do that to her....She's my pet.. Because of those experience....me can't kill anymore..laughing out loud Sorry deb, I know it's supposed to be sad but for some reason your story of the immortal turkey made me chuckle...

Stay away from my pets... big grin

Thoughts on use of animals in research of human diseases?

debbiejo
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
laughing out loud Sorry deb, I know it's supposed to be sad but for some reason your story of the immortal turkey made me chuckle...

Stay away from my pets... big grin

Thoughts on use of animals in research of human diseases? laughing out loud laughing out loud So laughing at my pain and suffering are you?

Well, I use natural remedies that seem to work well for myself...

Sir Whirlysplat
Even though I am really a city boy as a Gypsy I like hunting - Especially fo Rabbit smile I used to have Ferrets and I love fishing smile

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.17lbcod.fsnet.co.uk/ferretsandmilk.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.17lbcod.fsnet.co.uk/page34.html&h=224&w=250&sz=20&tbnid=D-w6cQnYkuAJ:&tbnh=94&tbnw=106&hl=en&start=6&prev=/ images%3Fq%3DFerreting%2B%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%2
6lr%3D%26sa%3DG

debbiejo
Everyone around here hunts....IT'S DEER SEASON!!!! eek!

OH, and I have rabbit in my freezer now...tastes much like chicken.

Sir Whirlysplat
Everyone around here hunts....IT'S DEER SEASON!!!! eek!

OH, and I have rabbit in my freezer now...tastes much like chicken.

Rabbit is etter than Chicken it makes much better Gravy smile Rabbit Stew is yummy -

Deers a cute - I would still eat one though smile

whobdamandog
Wow I have seen it all.......obviously PETA is all for a tofu thanksgiving however now they are looking to other avenues....

ie fishing is now cruelty to animals they have the same pain receptors as cats and dogs and if you fish look out becuase you are a flithy animal murderersmile

Utterly ridiculous..I don't condone abusing animals..but PETA takes things to the extreme. I've heard of incidents where PETA protestors will go into Red Lobster, buy all the lobsters from the tank and then release them into the ocean..what morons...laughing

The sad thing about their beliefs is that half of these morons won't even offer a homeless man on the street a buck.

These are also the same dummies who are against testing drugs on lab rats. Bunch of simpletons..I say the government should make a law stating that anyone who doesn't want animals to be used for drug testing..automatically becomes a "lab rat" them self. My two cents.

lil bitchiness
Fish do feel pain. Of course they do - i dont understand why it took people so long to acknowledge that being vegetarian does not equal eating chicken and fish.

debbiejo
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Utterly ridiculous..I don't condone abusing animals..but PETA takes things to the extreme. I've heard of incidents where PETA protestors will go into Red Lobster, buy all the lobsters from the tank and then release them into the ocean..what morons...laughing

Though I wouldn't go to Red Lobster and do that....I've stopped making live lobster at home.....It makes a sound when you drop it in the water.... sad

My pet turkey was originally for sale as a dinner.......I saved her.

soleran30
PETA has its uses however like Green Piece they can exagerate to illustrate.

That said it was rather disgusting how the birds were thrown together and anyone that has lived near a chicken farm can tell you it is FILTHY disgusting oh and it disgustingly sick the way you "need" to handle chickens and such....blah but I do love to eat chicken!

Animals for research is seriously a no brainer in my opinion. But you never know with cloning anymore what we might do in the future...stem cells might allow for a better study for human research.

Darth Revan
Though I wouldn't go to Red Lobster and do that....I've stopped making live lobster at home.....It makes a sound when you drop it in the water.... sad

If you put them in a freezer for a few minutes, they supposedly go unconscious. Guilt-free crustacean murder. cool Not that I've ever tried it... We don't get live lobsters much around here erm

Keep in mind though, lobsters are pretty equivalent to giant cockroaches, so don't beat yourself up over killing one. no expression

KharmaDog
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Fish do feel pain. Of course they do - i dont understand why it took people so long to acknowledge that being vegetarian does not equal eating chicken and fish.

Fish can feel pain, but not necessarily like mammals, or in the same areas.

If a fish's (say a largemouth bass) mouth were as sensitive to pain as that of a cat or a dog they could not eat their favorite prey items such as crayfish, sunfish or hellgramites. Crayfish and hellgramites bite back and if anyone has ever caught the tip of a sunfish's dorsal ray you know how sharp they are.

Peta disgust me for a variety of reasons, the way they try to brainwash people and full them ful of bullsh*t information being two big reasons to hate these people.

Currently they are distributing comic books :

http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

It's titled "you're daddy kills animals". It tries to convince children that they should disuade their fathers from fishing by telling them things such as," Until your daddy learns that it's not fun to kill keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so jooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"

F*ckin' brutal.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by KharmaDog

If a fish's (say a largemouth bass) mouth were as sensitive to pain as that of a cat or a dog they could not eat their favorite prey items such as crayfish, sunfish or hellgramites. Crayfish and hellgramites bite back and if anyone has ever caught the tip of a sunfish's dorsal ray you know how sharp they are.

Peta disgust me for a variety of reasons, the way they try to brainwash people and full them ful of bullsh*t information being two big reasons to hate these people.

It's titled "you're daddy kills animals". It tries to convince children that they should disuade their fathers from fishing by telling them things such as," Until your daddy learns that it's not fun to kill keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He's so jooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"

F*ckin' brutal.

I love fishing smile

soleran30
Yup I saw the cover of that comic........how else can you make a point to a child fishing kills and hurts animals unless you make an association with an animal it is familiar with......

BackFire
Yup I saw the cover of that comic........how else can you make a point to a child fishing kills and hurts animals unless you make an association with an animal it is familiar with......

That's the problem. They're making an invalid association for their bullshit agenda; I.E. They're LYING.

soleran30
Yeah know I am not sure how fish feel pain its really not the biggest concern for me cuz I am going to eat fish, turkey, dog (well I would) whatever give me meat.

Its an interesting perspective though and not one I ever created an association with fish=mammal for pain.

BackFire
It's foolish because they're insinuating that because someone likes fishing that their next target may be their own pet. It's absolute idioicy and such a obvious/sloppy attempt at deception.

God damn it, PETA pisses me off.

I hope for their sake they're never having a protest around here, or they're liable to get run over by my car.

soleran30
I saw a guy from PETA on 2 interviews last night. Two different stations regarding different topics.

The one that I thought to be most provoking as an individual (don't get me wrong the fish thing is disturbing) was the if the factory that was housing turkey's for slaughter did the same thing but used dogs for our thanksgiving treat would we let them get away with how they are treated?

I say I probably would.

BackFire
Well again, he's making an invalid, sloppy and idiotic "what if".

Dogs in this country are our pets, that's why they exist and that's what everyone sees them as, they're not seen as food and as such they wouldn't ever be our "thanksgiving treats". However, if eating dog were acceptable in this country, and it was the common thing to do, then no one would have a problem with it. It's all about society standards.

In asian countries they DO eat dog. It's their cultural norm, like eating turkey is for us.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by BackFire
In asian countries they DO eat dog.

Only in Asian countries? Erhem..In the US..all you have to do is got to your local Charlie Chan's Chinese take out down the street.

soleran30
Yes and really when are "what if's" anything but what you described Backfire......one can only observe and come up with their own opinion.

BackFire
Yes and really when are "what if's" anything but what you described Backfire......one can only observe and come up with their own opinion.

That's why "what if's" are invalid in an argument. They have no backing or no evidence to support them. They're always a slippery slope.

Whob - Yeah, I know some asian stores may sell dog meat, thing is it's not culturally acceptable in this country - it's not advertised and made readily available like it is in their home countries People will look down on someone buying dog meat in this country.

soleran30
Lol I used the wrong words as I read my post I was agreeing with your post on what if's to begin with its called fantasy land.

WindDancer
Mmm!! mmm! I just finished my Thanksgiving dinner. I ate a nice slice of turkey breast with some toasty bacon stuffing. And I had a nice slice of sweet juicy smoked ham. Delicious! Turkey lovers and PETA get lost! I'm full and happy. If this offends them...oh well, too bad.

BackFire
Damn right, WD. I had delicious turkey today too. Bacon stuffing though.....sounds good! Gotta try that next year.

Impediment

They do make an interesting point though who would eat dog or cat instead of turkey or at least kill their own animal for slaughter.

When I was stationed in Korea (during my stint in the Army) I ate dog and cat meat. The Korean people eat dog and cat like we (America) eat chicken and pork..........seriously. Honestly, it wasn't bad at all. Kinda sweet and stringy. Id eat it again, easy. As long as I didnt see the cat get slaughtered 'cause I'm a cat owner. LOL

Wonderer
I have compassion for those Americans who fear the rest of the world...find some inner peace dudes...do well unto others (don't fight, leave other countries alone) and tey'll do well unto you. Peace.

Wonderer
Peace

Darthburgerking

Wonderer
If PETA is for the respect of animals, then I am for pro PETA. We must have equal respect for animals, like we have for humans. Respect life, period!

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Wonderer
If PETA is for the respect of animals, then I am for pro PETA. We must have equal respect for animals, like we have for humans. Respect life, period!

What a ridiculous statement. Human life not= animal life. Abuse of animals should not be condoned, however, I'd willingly kill 100 rats if I knew that it could save the life of 1 human being.

KharmaDog
If PETA is for the respect of animals, then I am for pro PETA.

Before you declare yourself "PRO" anything, maybe you should take the time and use some common sense to learn about what you are supporting. Failure to do so often leaves one looking rather dimwitted.

Wonderer
Who told you that a human life is superior to that of an animal?

Wonderer
Before you declare yourself "PRO" anything, maybe you should take the time and use some common sense to learn about what you are supporting. Failure to do so often leaves one looking rather dimwitted.

You misread my post: I meant exactly what I said: "If PETA is for the respect of animals, I am pro PETA"." In other words, if it really is the case, and only if, that they are for the respect of animals, and not different, then I support them.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Which suggests you have no clue what they are about, yet are choosing to comment.

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

Which suggests you have no clue what they are about, yet are choosing to comment.

-AC

Are you a prision inmate?

Alpha Centauri
It was fine when you posted it the once, in the other thread.

-AC

Wonderer
AC - don't fly too close to that hot star with your name on it.

Alpha Centauri
Try replying to my actual post:

"Exactly.

Which suggests you have no clue what they are about, yet are choosing to comment."

-AC

debbiejo
It was fine when you posted it the once, in the other thread.

-AC

Do you and Bruno have pet names for each other... eek!

Wonderer
Try replying to my actual post:

"Exactly.

Which suggests you have no clue what they are about, yet are choosing to comment."

-AC

Why are you so angry and feel that you have to prove to me your intelligence? Calm down, man.

I commented abstractly about the fact that if PETA is good, they're good, if not, they're not good. What's wrong with that?

Peace and goodwill to you.

Alpha Centauri
I don't feel I need to prove anything, nor am I angry. Insinuating as much when you feel threatened is not good. Stop being silly.

Why not research what PETA are about rather than choosing to post an ignorant and abstract opinion?

-AC

Wonderer
I am just worried about the fact that you come accross as someone who feels the need to prove himself...just look at the way you proudly sign each of your posts with -AC.

Lose your ego and people will actually respect your opinions. Good luck.

Alpha Centauri
Why not research what PETA are about rather than choosing to post an ignorant and abstract opinion?

Reply to this or do not reply.

-AC

debbiejo
I am just worried about the fact that you come accross as someone who feels the need to prove himself...just look at the way you proudly sign each of your posts with -AC.

Lose your ego and people will actually respect your opinions. Good luck.

Dido......not to be confused with dildo.... laughing out loud

Wonderer
Reply to this or do not reply.

-AC

Some things in life, like wisdom and compassion are more important than proud opinions or replies on mundane topics, my friend.

Alpha Centauri
Then stop replying. I replied to you fairly and you reply with trolling.

-AC

debbiejo
Then stop replying. I replied to you fairly and you reply with trolling.

-AC You sound so angry and paranoid...... laughing out loud

Of course fish have feelings....just look in the mirror..

Wonderer
Look in the mirror untill you see a Buddha.

Sir Whirlysplat
Dido......not to be confused with dildo.... laughing out loud

you mean ditto

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Whats wrong with -AC

it seems understated to me smile

Sir Whirlysplat
You sound so angry and paranoid...... laughing out loud

Of course fish have feelings....just look in the mirror..

very witty Bebbie - join the tr...... shifty something ending in ll club

smile

debbiejo
Thank you ditto....

Sir Whirlysplat
Thank you ditto....

Now you've have given in to the Dark Side you will be slaughtering children in the Jedi temple soon smile

debbiejo
I'm veggie.....me not sacrifice anymore...

well mostly veggie.

Sir Whirlysplat
I'm veggie.....me not sacrifice anymore...

well mostly veggie.

A Veggie who likes Rabbit smile

soleran30
Its important to have the freaks like PETA around because if they won't do it who will....same with certain factions of green piece.....read what they have to say take it with a grain of salt form your own opinion and man I love bacon and eggs for breakfast.

lil bitchiness

F*ckin' brutal.

How fish feel pain is not really important, to be honest. I was making a comment about the people who claim to be vegetarinas but eat fish and chicken.

Vegetarans are all for not harming any beings - fish is a living, breathing being. How it feels pain is unimportant as it feels it one way or the other.

As for PETA themselves, i dont appreciate people forecefully getting their opinion and point of view on people like they do. Children should make their own choice if they want to eat meat or not.
That is pure propaganda.

GCG
Holy Crap !

Anyone seen what goes on in China and how they 'kill' animals for their FUR ? It was on SkyNEWS today. The reporters were held for 10 days by the police who demanded their tapes showing animals in cages, being dragged out and shocked through their body leaving them convulsing and some were even skinned alive as the shock did not kill them.

There was actually an animal that was skinned alive and its heart could still be seen beating !

Thats outrageous !

soleran30
Originally posted by GCG
Holy Crap !

Anyone seen what goes on in China and how they 'kill' animals for their FUR ? It was on SkyNEWS today. The reporters were held for 10 days by the police who demanded their tapes showing animals in cages, being dragged out and shocked through their body leaving them convulsing and some were even skinned alive as the shock did not kill them.

There was actually an animal that was skinned alive and its heart could still be seen beating !

Thats outrageous !

No thats a good lesson for you! Always ALWAYS use low lvls of electricity to overload the heart and to not damage the fur..........man common knowledge....seriously. evil face

GCG
Here watch the report:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-fur_p4668,00.html

JacopeX
Sorry for the bump but this is pretty interesting. I only was against PETA becasue they are taking human rights away from doing things like medications and giving us life with meat from animals. But this is crazy. I present to you

Penn and teller
BULLSHIT

http://media.putfile.com/petaBS

amity75
Peta are maniacs and worse than that - hypocrites. Penn and Teller did a great expose on them. Watch it then enjoy your KFC knowing that you're upsetting these fruitcakes.

Aziz!
Originally posted by BackFire
PETA is a stupid, hypocritical and idiotic organization. They are an evil corperation who support terrorists and criminals. They are nazious in nature and rely heavily on lies and rhetoric to get their point across. They are dangerous and should be avoided/destroyed at all costs. Next time you see a PETA rally be sure to throw some animal blood on them.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

replies in kind
Turkeys are very good pets...social....I remember one family telling me that once a turkey came up to see what they were doing, and they all grabbed stick an what not to beat it to death, to eat it.....and Yes people do eat dogs in China along with monkey brains, cats....man everything...I don't know much about PETA...some of what I've read is true though...I'm mainly veggie myself...

You forgot about the French eating Frog Legs. sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.