Storm vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Ah....FIGHT!

Remember, Storm can block telepathy via controlled electromagnetic storm around her head...or something.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by long pig
Remember, Storm can block telepathy via controlled electromagnetic storm around her head...or something. Not really... she has resistance to mind alteration/control... but she's still susceptible to psi-blasts.

Lucid Lui
Aquaman could do the ol' seizure trick. But barring that...if Storm just stayed hiiigh up in the air she'd eventually win. But if she comes close at all Aquaman'll take her.

ImmortalOne
Pff.... Orin will give her a new baby !!!

Mindship
This could well be a matter of 1) who strikes first, and 2) who fights smartest. First impression: Aquaman takes this 6/10 cuz he strikes me as being more of a tactical fighter than Storm. Good match-up, in any event.

jrodslam
Well this is different from the Namor Storm fight that was posted some time ago. Im only assuming that Aquaman is able to withstand extreme temperatures like cold, so that option is nulled for Storm. However, Namor can absorb 1,000's of volts of electricity. I dont think Aquaman can.

Like mentioned before, its who gets off the first move. Storm can take AM down with a lightning bolt or AM uses his telepathy to take Storm down.

Plus Aquaman doesnt fly, so that could pose a bit of a problem for him with Storm buzzing around.

Lucid Lui
Aquaman has been struck by lightning before and been fine...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Mindship
This could well be a matter of 1) who strikes first
Isn't this what every versus debate with Storm in it reduces to? Nine pages of stormfront saying "instantly" 6-8 times per post then referencing comics without issue numbers.

8bitChris
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Isn't this what every versus debate with Storm in it reduces to? Nine pages of stormfront saying "instantly" 6-8 times per post then referencing comics without issue numbers.

LOL

Wait for it...the Storm is coming...the SF... :P

Nobody beats Storm, not even Galactus if Storm strikes first.

supremthor
AM can take lighting and extrem cold woth no probelms...he cant absorb lightening like namor but its still doesnt bother him that moch.

RoguePw25
Storm all the way, no questions asked. If Aquaman isn't in water, how can he use his power? All Storm has to do is create a couple of whirwinds to take care of him, or make it snow so cold so that Aquaman is trapped underwater.

King_Mungi
His magic hand prevents him from drying out and he can use his abilities out of water with it. So he is always at full strength

RoguePw25
Okay but still even so, with Storm using every element of the weather, I see him as no competition. A couple of whirwinds, a little lighting, some snow to freeze him, I see her as the winner.

ImmortalOne
How can Storm hold back a barrage of raged sharks ??

jrodslam
^ By staying in the air.

xmarksthespot
How can Storm hold back a seizure...?

jrodslam
^ Good question. Who was it that said Storm was able to put up some type of block against telepaths?

jrodslam
Ah....FIGHT!

Remember, Storm can block telepathy via controlled electromagnetic storm around her head...or something.

Nevermind.

I dont know how true that is however.

ImmortalOne
I really dont get that......

jrodslam
Youre telling me. sad

long pig
She's done it before, don't worry.

It's part of her control over electricity.

xmarksthespot
She's done it before, don't worry.

It's part of her control over electricity.

ImmortalOne
Yep

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
Yep

RoguePw25
How can Storm hold back a barrage of raged sharks ??

If she's flying, she doesn't even have to come within 5 ft of sharks. The real question is how is Aquaman going to use his fish friends to attack her if she's in the air?

I still stand by Storm winning. Aquaman's power just doesn't match Storms, especially if she gets angry.

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

What does dat proove ??

wannabe
Since i don't know much about Aquaman i will not give a vote and say who wins imo, but you have to admit Xmark that the fight of Storm with Emma ended in Storm's favour.
Emma was able to hurt Ororo with her mental attacks, but she was not able to take her out, dominate her or keep her from fighting!

ImmortalOne
That was bad writing......... as is with all Emma related comics.... !!

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by wannabe
Since i don't know much about Aquaman i will not give a vote and say who wins imo, but you have to admit Xmark that the fight of Storm with Emma ended in Storm's favour.
Emma was able to hurt Ororo with her mental attacks, but she was not able to take her out, dominate her or keep her from fighting! A (very brief) psi-blast hurt her enough to make her unable to use her powers. You have to admit that if she had wanted to just knock her out she could have with a sustained psi-blast or a more powerful one. She got cocky and tried to alter Storm's mind.
A blast from the past:

Lucid Lui
Remember, Aquaman's TP attacks in a different way to conventional TP. Also, as for Storm stopping Aquaman with snow, Aquaman lived in the Arctic when he was younger wearing just a pair of shorts. He can withstand temperature extremes. As for Storm staying in the air, i just remembered that Aquaman can also control birds, so he could enlist help from them.

Aquaman takes this the majority of times...

xmarksthespot
What does dat proove ?? Nothing, I just quoted because I was too lazy to scroll up...

ImmortalOne
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Aquaman lived in the Arctic when he was younger wearing just a pair of shorts. He can withstand temperature extremes.

Hmmm, can he get a hard-on ??

Lucid Lui
Uhh... well, he had a kid after that... so i'd wager he can...

o.0

ImmortalOne
I mean, in the arctic its like.................. cold !!!

Lucid Lui
Actually, yeah, he can. He has sex with an eskimo chick out in the open...

In fact, that's quite a feat. Should be in his respect thread... big grin

ImmortalOne
Indeed it should !!

wannabe
That was bad writing......... as is with all Emma related comics.... !! Emma is actually my favourite female X-character and i think it was a good fight even though she lost. Both fought very well in character.
A (very brief) psi-blast hurt her enough to make her unable to use her powers. You have to admit that if she had wanted to just knock her out she could have with a sustained psi-blast or a more powerful one. She got cocky and tried to alter Storm's mind.
A blast from the past: I very well remember this incident, but part of the story with Emma was for Storm to recognize her own insecurity about Frost that keeps her from winning against her even though she has the strength to overcome it...as she then proved.
It is hard for me to decide who would win if both women would go all out, especially since the one is number one on my hit list and the other (Storm) close behind, BUT that's not the issue here.

Again:
I don't know enough about AM to make a comment about the outcome of his fight against Storm, but i'm sure a mental attack is not exactly the best way to deal with Ororo.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by RoguePw25

I still stand by Storm winning. Aquaman's power just doesn't match Storms, especially if she gets angry.

I take it that you have spend most of your time on X-Men forums here om KMC?

You should do some research for Aquaman. wink

RisingStorm
...or DC characters tend to be stronger than Marvel ones. Wonder Woman with godwave can take half of Marvel Universe. Marvel tend to stick to science nearer tha DC that is why the characters abilities are limited. I just can't get the idea how is Storm shown weaker than a lot of heroes that got matched up against her here in the versus forum when obviously she is quite more powerful than them.

grey fox
This is laughable .... storm doesn't get any respect around here because she doesn't deserve it . Mainly because a dc villain can do what she can and he still get's his ass kicked , unlike aquaman all of storms upgrades don't make her any better.

Aquaman hit's her with a psi-bolt leaving her disorientated , she falls , he punches. One dead storm

http://www.mainframe.cl/mf/imagenes/comics/aquaman.jpg

"By Neptunes beard this women is weak"

kevdude
my guess is Storm wins..

LordKaos
xmen, living among their worlds most powerful telepaths have a high degree of resistance to psychic attacks through training, storms electric interference powers help. I doubt a bunch of animals (telepathically controlled or not) would be more than a minor diversion, as she could preform any number of air related feats to take them (birds) out. any upgrade to aquamans powers are a result of him sucking to begin with, he's done for

Sir Whirlysplat
Ah....FIGHT!

I don't think it looks like this in X picture

Not really... she has resistance to mind alteration/control... but she's still susceptible to psi-blasts.

Aquaman has been struck by lightning before and been fine...

Indeed he has lightning means nothing to his

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

laughing

How can Storm hold back a seizure...?

She can't

A (very brief) psi-blast hurt her enough to make her unable to use her powers. You have to admit that if she had wanted to just knock her out she could have with a sustained psi-blast or a more powerful one. She got cocky and tried to alter Storm's mind.
A blast from the past:

agreed

Remember, Aquaman's TP attacks in a different way to conventional TP. Also, as for Storm stopping Aquaman with snow, Aquaman lived in the Arctic when he was younger wearing just a pair of shorts. He can withstand temperature extremes. As for Storm staying in the air, i just remembered that Aquaman can also control birds, so he could enlist help from them.

agreed look at this guy he needs to read some comics

Originally posted by kevdude
my guess is Storm wins..

Uh huh what do you think Darkcrawler

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I agree bet Kev "dude" cool huh laughing out loud does

QUOTE=5442871]Originally posted by grey fox
This is laughable .... storm doesn't get any respect around here because she doesn't deserve it . Mainly because a dc villain can do what she can and he still get's his ass kicked , unlike aquaman all of storms upgrades don't make her any better.

Aquaman hit's her with a psi-bolt leaving her disorientated , she falls , he punches. One dead storm

http://www.mainframe.cl/mf/imagenes/comics/aquaman.jpg

"By Neptunes beard this women is weak"

agreed get a load of this guy

Originally posted by LordKaos
xmen, living among their worlds most powerful telepaths have a high degree of resistance to psychic attacks through training, storms electric interference powers help. I doubt a bunch of animals (telepathically controlled or not) would be more than a minor diversion, as she could preform any number of air related feats to take them (birds) out. any upgrade to aquamans powers are a result of him sucking to begin with, he's done for

I'll leave this to darkcrawler again

Storm dies freom a seizure enough said smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

LordKaos
your post of emma psi-blasting storm in the 70's is outdated, she knows full well what emma is capable of (more than psylocke, less than jean by far) so get a load of you.

Sir Whirlysplat
your post of emma psi-blasting storm in the 70's is outdated, she knows full well what emma is capable of (more than psylocke, less than jean by far) so get a load of you

It was Uncanny X men 132 1980 so no problem, I own a copy smile and she is still succeptable to Psi blasts

LordKaos
i never said she was not susceptible to psi attack, since the issue that you love to post she has grown. In a fight between storm and a telepath, if she knows that said attacker is a telepath she will be ready for any psi-assult, a psi blast would mess with her but psi blasts are not maintained, they are "blasts"! so unless aquaman keeps it up or maintains some kind of psi-force storm will only be incapacitated shortly. and remember because of mental trauma storm tends to allow her full power to surface when she has no control of her mind/emotions (seems like a psi bolt would be just the catalyst she needs to let loose)

Sir Whirlysplat
i never said she was not susceptible to psi attack, since the issue that you love to post she has grown. In a fight between storm and a telepath, if she knows that said attacker is a telepath she will be ready for any psi-assult, a psi blast would mess with her but psi blasts are not maintained, they are "blasts"! so unless aquaman keeps it up or maintains some kind of psi-force storm will only be incapacitated shortly. and remember because of mental trauma storm tends to allow her full power to surface when she has no control of her mind/emotions (seems like a psi bolt would be just the catalyst she needs to let loose)

Not Aquaman he shuts down the part of your brain inherited from your marine ancestors - its not the wimpy stuff she is used to, it works on Martians who are higher level telepaths than Prof X.

LordKaos
what makes martians better telepaths than mutant telepaths because they come from a race a telepaths? i'm not sure i'm ready to be afraid of people who get catatonic over fire! According to you and your constant pic post of the white queen psi blasting, it is the same whippy stuff she is used to

Sir Whirlysplat
what makes martians better telepaths than mutant telepaths because they come from a race a telepaths? i'm not sure i'm ready to be afraid of people who get catatonic over fire! According to you and your constant pic post of the white queen psi blasting, it is the same whippy stuff she is used to

Martian Manhunter telepahically controlled evermind on Earth without equipment like Cerebro - now back in the 60's when the Aliens were attacking Earth can't remeber there name sad in original uncanny X men Xavier linked every mind on earth. Its nowhere near the same thing.

LordKaos
Moondragon (not a mutant but marvel telepath) can telepathically control an entire planet, your point! The Gamemaster is connected to every mind on the planet and he is still leery of jean grey. Besides, when Xaiver lets loose things like Onslaught are born. aquaman - nonsensical power upgrade = lame

UltimateIronman
im the 50th reply. storm can just shock aqua man with thunder cause its aquas weakness

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by UltimateIronman
im the 50th reply. storm can just shock aqua man with thunder cause its aquas weakness What the f**k? ...

I assume you mean lightning, which pretty much has no effect on Aquaman...

Sir Whirlysplat
Moondragon (not a mutant but marvel telepath) can telepathically control an entire planet, your point! The Gamemaster is connected to every mind on the planet and he is still leery of jean grey. Besides, when Xaiver lets loose things like Onslaught are born. aquaman - nonsensical power upgrade = lame

The Gamesmaster is an elder
Moondragon in Whom the Gods would destroy in Avengers - It was a very small planet smile and she didn't control it exactly smile

LordKaos
the gamemaster is the omnipath that ran the upstarts. and it was a planet none the less earth is not one of the biggest planets

Sir Whirlysplat
but all that are bigger are made of gas in this Solar system smile

Oh that Gamesmaster - he didn't control every mind on the planet like MM did

LordKaos
he never tried, his natural power is to be connected to all minds on the planet and we all know how run of the mill telepathy works (read, control). we were speaking of size not composition

King_Mungi
Aquaman swam through a perfect storm going through blistering winds under the water tides and on the surface. He also got got by lightening and was still fine. In that same issue by controlling the density of his magic hand he parted a tidal wave.

You people need to read more Aquaman.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Aquaman swam through a perfect storm going through blistering winds under the water tides and on the surface. He also got got by lightening and was still fine. In that same issue by controlling the density of his magic hand he parted a tidal wave.

You people need to read more Aquaman.

agreed smile

RoguePw25

Feel free at any time to explain anything and everything about Aquaman. I think I know enough, but hey, I learn things everyday so feel free to provide some new info.

With Storms lightning strikes, I do not see how Aquaman would win. Unless he's immune to electric shocks, which he isn't. Storm could freeze the water and he'll be trapped underwater. Case close. There are several ways Storm coudl easily win.

King_Mungi
Feel free at any time to explain anything and everything about Aquaman. I think I know enough, but hey, I learn things everyday so feel free to provide some new info.

With Storms lightning strikes, I do not see how Aquaman would win. Unless he's immune to electric shocks, which he isn't. Storm could freeze the water and he'll be trapped underwater. Case close. There are several ways Storm coudl easily win.

No you don't.

In Aquaman #13, Aquaman must swim through a pefect storm on the surface and under the water. In one scene he is picked up by a water twister and thrown into the air and before he hits the water lightning hits him and he falls. He is unphased and keeps swimming. Besides even if he does someone get hurt, his magical hand heals him.

Tempest froze Aquaman in a water prison, and he quickly and effectively broke out of it . Besides the cold would do nothing to him, he has lived in the artic waters.

grey fox
AQUAMAN!!!!!

RoguePw25
No you don't.

In Aqua man #13, Aqua man must swim through a pefect storm on the surface and under the water. In one scene he is picked up by a water twister and thrown into the air and before he hits the water lightning hits him and he falls. He is unphased and keeps swimming. Besides even if he does someone get hurt, his magical hand heals him.

Tempest froze Aqua man in a water prison, and he quickly and effectively broke out of it . Besides the cold would do nothing to him, he has lived in the artic waters.

See it's been awhile since I've read an Aqua man comic, what else can he do?

I still see Storm winning though. If that didn't work, she can always create a whirlwind or something. When you're talking about a person who has control of all of the weather. . . yeah

grey fox
See it's been awhile since I've read an Aqua man comic, what else can he do?

I still see Storm winning though. If that didn't work, she can always create a whirlwind or something. When you're talking about a person who has control of all of the weather. . . yeah

Yeah.....WRONG

PSI-BOLT , thats all it takes to throw off storms concentration then bye-bye hurricane, aquaman lands safely and summons a tidal wave to smash her into the ground.

LordKaos
psychic attacks on storm do not always work that way, in the savage land under a direct and powerful psi attack from marvel girl III storm was made to generate a hyperstorm that could have destroyed the civilized world, she fought rachel every step of the way as the hyperstorm was on the verge of sustaining it's self

UltimateIronman
orriginally posted by lucid lue

??????? storm can just hide and summon up some thunder and bam! aquaman is dead. aquaman doesnt have enough durability to withstand thunder! bunny

Sir Whirlysplat
orriginally posted by lucid lue

??????? storm can just hide and summon up some thunder and bam! aquaman is dead. aquaman doesnt have enough durability to withstand thunder! bunny

he can withstand the pressure at the bottom of the Ocean, I think he does - You do know what thunder is right?

smile

UltimateIronman
cause hes aquaman u idiot. he can withstand water no duh hes AQUAMAN!thunder willl kill or hurt him almost to death

Sir Whirlysplat
cause hes aquaman u idiot. he can withstand water no duh hes AQUAMAN!thunder willl kill or hurt him almost to death

Please tell me what you think thunder is smile

UltimateIronman
what do you mean? why are you thinking so highly of aquaman?his durablility is not as high as you think

Sir Whirlysplat
what do you mean? why are you thinking so highly of aquaman?his durablility is not as high as you think
You said Thunder would hurt him please tell me what you think it is smile

UltimateIronman
lightning shot from the a thunderstorm. thunder causes stunn and.... it shock and hurts

DarkCrawler

For the love of...

It was already proven in this thread that Aquaman in nearly IMMUNE to lightning, so why are you still prattling?

READ the rest of thread before posting stupid stuff.

Seriously.

UltimateIronman
oh didnt know that. in that case aquaman

UltimateIronman
but storm has better lightning. still aqua man has better skills

DarkCrawler
Better lightning as in...?

Storm's lightning is as strong as the strongest lightning in nature.

UltimateIronman
storm used to be a god- like. now everybody says she sucks and she is weak. i bet even antman can beat her

Sir Whirlysplat

DarkCrawler
Storm has never been god like, except the time in Doom's castle.

No one has said that she sucks and is weak. Some people just don't like the ridicolous stuff she is doing nowadays. (Sun-lasers...pressure fields)

grey fox
storm used to be a god- like. now everybody says she sucks and she is weak. i bet even antman can beat her

Wrong

She was never 'godlike' that was what her villagers thought she was. The only person who thinks she's godlike is stormfront.

grey fox
. Some people just don't like the ridicolous stuff she is doing nowadays. (Sun-lasers...pressure fields)

Aka grey fox , who thinks storm is a overrated character with crap powers.

UltimateIronman
lets try ironman vrs aquaman in air and ground

Lucid Lui
what do you mean? why are you thinking so highly of aquaman?his durablility is not as high as you think Aquaman swims in the deepest trenches of the sea. The pressure down there is incredible. For example, he was swimming deep enough for the pressure to be 800 times our normall atmosphere. And he could go deeper...

RoguePw25
Originally posted by grey fox
Yeah.....WRONG

PSI-BOLT , thats all it takes to throw off storms concentration then bye-bye hurricane, aquaman lands safely and summons a tidal wave to smash her into the ground.

So Aquaman has psi-blots powers? Explain.

Also like someone else said, psi-blots don't always work on Storm. I know one time Emma Frost, whos a very powerful telepath hit storm with some psi-blots and it worked, but Aquaman is nowhere near powerful as she is. I still see Storm winning. Like I said, all it takes is a couple of hurricanes and Aquaman is down for the count. Some lightning would help too.

xmarksthespot
So Aquaman has psi-blots powers? Explain.

Also like someone else said, psi-blots don't always work on Storm. I know one time Emma Frost, whos a very powerful telepath hit storm with some psi-blots and it worked, but Aquaman is nowhere near powerful as she is. I still see Storm winning. Like I said, all it takes is a couple of hurricanes and Aquaman is down for the count. Some lightning would help too. Psi-blasts work on Storm. Shadow King and Emma Frost have psi-blasted her on multiple occasions. Psi-blasts work on telepaths who actually have means of protecting themselves from them, it's idiocy to think that they don't work on Storm. She has resisted mental control and manipulation, she is not immune to telepathy.

Storm would die of a seizure before she could summon anything useful.

grey fox
A psi bolt is near enough always linked with telepaths , their a simple blast of psychic energy from what i understand.

oh and this might help your telepathic confusion between storm and aquaman

RoguePw25
Psi-blasts work on Storm. Shadow King and Emma Frost have psi-blasted her on multiple occasions. Psi-blasts work on telepaths who actually have means of protecting themselves from them, it's idiocy to think that they don't work on Storm. She has resisted mental control and manipulation, she is not immune to telepathy.

Storm would die of a seizure before she could summon anything useful.

again, so Aquaman has telepathy powers now on humans? I know he can communicate mentally with other sea animals and such, but can he use telepathy to talk to humans? Like Jean and Emma Frost?

Lucid Lui
again, so Aquaman has telepathy powers now on humans? I know he can communicate mentally with other sea animals and such, but can he use telepathy to talk to humans? Like Jean and Emma Frost? Do you really think we'd all be saying that he could dominate Storm telepathically, if he couldn't even talk to her through TP...?

DarkCrawler
again, so Aquaman has telepathy powers now on humans? I know he can communicate mentally with other sea animals and such, but can he use telepathy to talk to humans? Like Jean and Emma Frost?

Aquaman is possibly greater telepath then Emma Frost.

He was able to psionically dominate an creature that defeated Poseidon. GOD of sea.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by grey fox
oh and this might help your telepathic confusion between storm and aquaman
From what little I've heard of this, it's more that Aquaman's telepathy may work differently than normal telepathy that Storm sometimes has defense against.

Juntai
what do you mean? why are you thinking so highly of aquaman?his durablility is not as high as you think Because he hangs with class 100's and is often enough one of the last to go down.

LordKaos
Real name Arthur Curry (pre-Crisis), Orin (post-Crisis)
Status Active
Affiliations Justice League of America
Previous affiliations All-Star Squadron (pre-Crisis)
Notable aliases Arthur Curry, Orin, the Sea King
Notable relatives Mera (wife), Garth (Tempest) (adopted son), Arthur Jr. (son, deceased), Orm (Ocean Master) (half-brother)
Notable powers Physically adapted for underwater environment; command of all marine life via telepathic abilities; superhuman strength, stamina, durability and speed; left hand is composed of enchanted water which gives him some magical powers.

who has he used these more powerful than regular telepathy psi-blasts on. telepathy is telepathy the only difference between his and others is that his is specialized for fish!

DarkCrawler
Real name Arthur Curry (pre-Crisis), Orin (post-Crisis)
Status Active
Affiliations Justice League of America
Previous affiliations All-Star Squadron (pre-Crisis)
Notable aliases Arthur Curry, Orin, the Sea King
Notable relatives Mera (wife), Garth (Tempest) (adopted son), Arthur Jr. (son, deceased), Orm (Ocean Master) (half-brother)
Notable powers Physically adapted for underwater environment; command of all marine life via telepathic abilities; superhuman strength, stamina, durability and speed; left hand is composed of enchanted water which gives him some magical powers.

who has he used these more powerful than regular telepathy psi-blasts on. telepathy is telepathy the only difference between his and others is that his is specialized for fish! laughing out loud

You are really realying on that bio more then comics?

EVERY life has came from sea. Even humans. And mutants.

Inspectah Deck
Ah....FIGHT!

Storm, she controls all elements. I don't see Aquaman standing a chance

DarkCrawler
Storm has never controlled elements.

Just weather.

LordKaos
mad then give me some comic evidence, instead of that crap about how everybody started out as a fish so aquaman can destroy their mind! imo you are banking a lot on this psi-blast because it's the only thing you can think of that he has on storm. assuming they battle according to the rules of the forum storm is aware of his powers, so she does him like she did jean and suck the O2 away in a whirlwind of grit and dirt so he's to busy trying to breath. and there are other ways to use lightning against him like super-heating the water (how's his resistance to heat) since he seems to be invulnerable to all her other powers laughing

LordKaos
air is an element

DarkCrawler
mad then give me some comic evidence, instead of that crap about how everybody started out as a fish so aquaman can destroy their mind! imo you are banking a lot on this psi-blast because it's the only thing you can think of that he has on storm. assuming they battle according to the rules of the forum storm is aware of his powers, so she does him like she did jean and suck the O2 away in a whirlwind of grit and dirt so he's to busy trying to breath. and there are other ways to use lightning against him like super-heating the water (how's his resistance to heat) since he seems to be invulnerable to all her other powers laughing

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375903&highlight=Respect+Aquaman

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063216/Aquaman-commands-giants.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063638/Aquaman-does-telepathic-battle-01.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063638/Aquaman-does-telepathic-battle-02.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063638/Aquaman-does-telepathic-battle-03.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063638/Aquaman-does-telepathic-battle-04.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027070326/Aquaman-shows-what-his-telepathy-can-do.jpg

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027072713/Aquaman-telepathic-assault-01.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027072713/Aquaman-telepathic-assault-02.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027072713/Aquaman-telepathic-assault-03.jpg

LordKaos
one of my main concerns is his telepathic ability to communicate with superman. superman is not from earth and we have no way of knowing that kryptonian life originated from the sea, so how is auqaman doing that? you've proved nothing. plenty of people with less power have survived a lightning bolt from storm that's why i haven't argued that issue, but being biological and not having any innate electrical powers i'm sure a sustained lightning attack would do damage

DarkCrawler
one of my main concerns is his telepathic ability to communicate with superman. superman is not from earth and we have no way of knowing that kryptonian life originated from the sea, so how is auqaman doing that? you've proved nothing.

I proved everything. You asked " then give me some comic evidence, instead of that crap about how everybody started out as a fish so aquaman can destroy their mind!"

And I proved that Aquaman can affect humanoids and other things then marine life. Read your own posts more carefully...

plenty of people with less power have survived a lightning bolt from storm that's why i haven't argued that issue, but being biological and not having any innate electrical powers i'm sure a sustained lightning attack would do damage

Sustained, maybe, but since one didn't do anything, Aquaman can just take out Storm psionically before she can do any real damage.

LordKaos
when i said you proved nothing i meant you have not proven to me that he can beat storm. from what i gleaned from those scans everybody who he used his telepathy on was not aware of him doing it except that chick you got decked by dolphin. i wanted proof of this all powerful i'm greater than all telepaths psi blasting. not mind probing and control of plankton. what about that magic water hand stuff? although i will never think he can beat storm until the two of them manifest on the physical plane and fight without writer interferrance, and i witness him win, you have however allowed me to see him in a new light i might even start getting back issues to learn more about him

DarkCrawler
He used an psi-bolt on those scans:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027072713/Aquaman-telepathic-assault-01.jpg

Took an telepathic control:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/041027063216/Aquaman-commands-giants.jpg

King_Mungi
Here good lord, DC has clearly shown you what he can do yet you still doubt it. Just view his respect thread

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t375903.html

Metalmanx
Xmarks already beat me to it, but Storm is not immune to psychic attacks. She is able to somewhat resist psychic manipulation, but it still VERY vulnerable to psi-blasts just like everyone else.

Aquaman wins.

RoguePw25
Aquaman is possibly greater telepath then Emma Frost.

He was able to psionically dominate an creature that defeated Poseidon. GOD of sea.

I'm not sure about him maybe being a greater telepath than Emma, I think that's a stretch. Emma is up there with the Phoenix, who is a VERY powerful telepath. From my understanding, Aquaman had a certain depth of telepathy on sea creatures. This is how he can get them to aid him and such. Humans are not sea creatures. Given, others have said that he's had a certain telepathic will on certain superheroes like Superman, who, as someone pointed out is not human and is from a different planet. His entire genetic code is not the same as a human like Storm. This is what leads me to believe that even if Aquaman did have some certain death of telepathy over certain beings in the world (certain creatures, monsters he's fought in his day) I don't think that they would have the same effect as say if Emma Frost was battling Storm. Emma's telepathy and Aquman's, if he has this effect on humans, are 2 completely different things.

And Storm has control of all weather elements, that includes air.

King_Mungi
Aquaman has used his telepathy on humans, just check out the scans here. Seriously how can you be so sure Storm wins when you don't even know Aquaman's abilities?

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

DarkCrawler
I'm not sure about him maybe being a greater telepath than Emma, I think that's a stretch. Emma is up there with the Phoenix, who is a VERY powerful telepath.
Emma is up there with Jean Grey. Without the Phoenix Force.

Why couldn't Aquaman be?

They descend from sea. There is still the part that connects them to their ancestors in the sea. Taken from Respect thread:

Using Telepathy in White Martian:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/tgtmarvel/jla-004-10.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c55/tgtmarvel/jla-004-11.jpg

Using telepathy into an human (with powers, though)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquaman48.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/silicondream/aquaman49.jpg

Using his telepathy into intergalactic demon thingy:

http://www.comicboards.com/dcb/attachments/051018011425/Aquaman%20vs%20Despero%20002.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/dcb/attachments/051018011425/Aquaman%20vs%20Despero%20003.jpg
http://www.comicboards.com/dcb/attachments/051018011425/Aquaman%20vs%20Despero%20004.jpg

He's effected humans among others. Check above.

But he doesn't control all elements.

Lucid Lui
Aquaman's TP works on White Martians who have actually have TP abilities of their own, so they'd no doubt have a much better resistance to TP attacks than Storm would. And, as DarkCrawler's shown, Aquaman has used his TP on humans numerous times.

But he wouldn't be able to affect Storm? That's crazy talk...

LordKaos
i know his abilities i'm still not sure he will win, especially if that win is based soley on a psi bolt

Lucid Lui
Well, he's also durable as hell. He's taken lightning bolts, can survive etreme temperatures, Class 80 strength and very, very fast. And then there's his Water Hand which can control water, change density to be extremely hard, negates magic, can heal injuries (his own and others) and reverse mutations.

LordKaos
i understand all that, but this has turned into an auqamans psi bolt versus storm thread. i asked about the water hand too and all anybody could talk about was his world shattering telepathy

Lucid Lui
Well, i'd say that just beacuse it's the most likely and easiest way for him to win. Barring the TP, with his other abilities he could still take Storm the majority of times IMO.

LordKaos
that's the reason why this thread keeps going, it's hardly the easiest way for him to win, it could very well be a reckless course of action. storm does not create weather she moves one weather pattern to overlap another now if she was in the midddle of summoning a storm a psi blast could very well take her out, but not her storm, without her controlling it, said storm would rage out of control

xmarksthespot
that's the reason why this thread keeps going, it's hardly the easiest way for him to win, it could very well be a reckless course of action. storm does not create weather she moves one weather pattern to overlap another now if she was in the midddle of summoning a storm a psi blast could very well take her out, but not her storm, without her controlling it, said storm would rage out of control She'd get taken out before getting anywhere near summoning anything.

LordKaos
so you say, aquaman has nothing on jean grey during revolution and storm took her out before any psi-blast could be thrown off. storms power are psionic in nature as well, so therefore she can activate her powers at the speed of thought same as any telepath

xmarksthespot
so you say, aquaman has nothing on jean grey during revolution and storm took her out before any psi-blast could be thrown off. storms power are psionic in nature as well, so therefore she can activate her powers at the speed of thought same as any telepath No she can't see Sue Storm vs Emma Frost.

LordKaos
so you want me to read a bunch of other peoples opinions? and this will prove what? cause i'm not reading it

Swanky-Tuna
Wasn't it mentioned or shown in those earlier scans that Aquaman can take lightning hits? What's Storm gonna do now? Advance on him? Not like that.

Lucid Lui
that's the reason why this thread keeps going, it's hardly the easiest way for him to win, it could very well be a reckless course of action. storm does not create weather she moves one weather pattern to overlap another now if she was in the midddle of summoning a storm a psi blast could very well take her out, but not her storm, without her controlling it, said storm would rage out of control Even if that does happen and her storm rages on, Aquaman's still won the fight. And he's more than durable enough to wait out a storm....

DarkCrawler
so you say, aquaman has nothing on jean grey during revolution and storm took her out before any psi-blast could be thrown off. storms power are psionic in nature as well, so therefore she can activate her powers at the speed of thought same as any telepath

Sure she can.

It's just the fact that it takes time for her weather effects to appear.

If Storm is not controlling her storm, etc. she is uncouncious, the storm will dissipate.

RoguePw25
Aquaman has used his telepathy on humans, just check out the scans here. Seriously how can you be so sure Storm wins when you don't even know Aquaman's abilities?

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7017332&postcount=99

I do know some of Aquman's abilities, not all of them, But I openly admitted to that in an earlier post and asked what his other abilities were. But no one really answered and focused on his telepathy. So....yeah.

I think saying Aquman is up there with Emma Frost and Jean is a huge stretch. He might have some level of telepathy, but I don't think it rivals their powers.

Thanks for the scans of him using telepathy on humans. I didn't know that. But even so, I still don't think that he would win against Storm. But it is true that Storms powers are psionic in nature and she can activate them just like any other telepath. So if Aquman is about to hit her with a psi blasts or something, Storm can use her powers just as quickly.

Storms Powers:

I just highlighted a few. Storm is able to deflect attacks, she CAN scramble psionic attacks, so even if Aquaman was able to do this, Storm could deflect it in some way. Also, she could always create some fog making it really hard to see and from there, attack Aquaman. He can't fight what he can't see.

This is why I think Storm would still be able to win. Being linked to the weather, she has multiple ways that she can defeat him.

Lucid Lui
I just highlighted a few. Storm is able to deflect attacks, she CAN scramble psionic attacks, so even if Aquaman was able to do this, Storm could deflect it in some way. Also, she could always create some fog making it really hard to see and from there, attack Aquaman. He can't fight what he can't see.

This is why I think Storm would still be able to win. Being linked to the weather, she has multiple ways that she can defeat him. Actually, there are two times that Aquaman's been blinded and went on to win the fight that i can think of off the top of my head. It's actually part of his abilities...

Storm's best chance of winning would be utilizing the wind. Which would give her a victory here and there, but Aquaman wins the majority of times...

RoguePw25
Actually, there are two times that Aquaman's been blinded and went on to win the fight that i can think of off the top of my head. It's actually part of his abilities...

Being blind and not seeing because of heavy fog are 2 different things. And what ability is it that he can see when he's blind? And who was he fighting against? What were their powers? Those things we need to consider when comparing being blind to not seeing through fog.

xmarksthespot
And what ability is it that he can see when he's blind?Obviously you don't read other people's posts... so why ask so many questions?

Lucid Lui
Well, i posted a description of the sonar ability in my previous post and no doubt his TP would also have a hand in helping him locate Storm. The people he fought when blinded were Deathstroke and The Gamesman.

The fog could interfere, but his sonar power works under water, and i'd imagine water would give more resistance than fog.

GODSCRIBE
hmm

coosie
Will it help if Storm blasts him with scorching desert hot winds?

grey fox
MAGIC HAND !!!!

AJ4LIFE
dont know if this has been said but storm lifts him up with wind and chucks him into the sea then she makes lightning hit it, but she would only do that if she ever used her full poitenal which she never does

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
dont know if this has been said but storm lifts him up with wind and chucks him into the sea then she makes lightning hit it, but she would only do that if she ever used her full poitenal which she never does
Lightning doesn't hurt Aquaman much.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by coosie
Will it help if Storm blasts him with scorching desert hot winds?

His hand keeps him hydrated.

grey fox
Lightning doesn't hurt Aquaman much.

He took a whole bolt to the chest once i think....

AJ4LIFE
but when hes underwater it would kill him rip1

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
but when hes underwater it would kill him rip1

It wouldn't. He is MUCH more durable then normal person.

CaptainStoic
Storm can whip up typhoons and hurricanes, and she can fly. If Aquaman got caught in a twister, I doubt that he'd survive being torn apart by metal and rock being hurled at him in excess off 2-3 hundred miles per hour... Storm has too many weapons for him to pull this off.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Storm can whip up typhoons and hurricanes, and she can fly. If Aquaman got caught in a twister, I doubt that he'd survive being torn apart by metal and rock being hurled at him in excess off 2-3 hundred miles per hour... Storm has too many weapons for him to pull this off.

...telepathy.

Which one do you think is faster? Thought or the time that it takes for hurricanes to appear?

CaptainStoic
Aquamans telepathy has limits when used against humans if I recall correctly.. but even then, I think that it's his only defense, which just goes to show you that Aquaman would have to fight a cheap fight in order to beat someone with storms abilities. So if by chance she was able to resist his TP, he would get swept up her wind storm.

TheKahn
Aquamans telepathy has limits when used against humans if I recall correctly.. but even then, I think that it's his only defense, which just goes to show you that Aquaman would have to fight a cheap fight in order to beat someone with storms abilities. So if by chance she was able to resist his TP, he would get swept up her wind storm.

So it's cheap to use one of your powers to win a fight??? confused
Why wouldn't you use the one power you have that your opponent doesn't have any protection against?

And his telepath isn't just defenseive no
repect thread telepathy feats :http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375903&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=6

"Aquaman can induce seizures on any life that has marine ancestors. Even adept TP users like the White Martians."
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

***(Scans posted by Lucid Lui)

That said, Aquaman wins 10/10.

Redatom65
storm zaps the oceon creates hurricanes deep in the sea kills aquaman

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Redatom65
storm zaps the oceon creates hurricanes deep in the sea kills aquaman What the f**k?

Seriously, soon I will just answer every post like this with a disbelieving smilie.

badabing
Aquaman is a bada$$ but I keep thinking that Storm has too much mobility for him. Tornados and lightning do the job on Aquaman.

TheKahn
Originally posted by badabing
Aquaman is a bada$$ but I keep thinking that Storm has too much mobility for him. Tornados and lightning do the job on Aquaman.

The problem is that before Storm has time to do any of that, Aquaman uses his telepathy to reduce her to a quivering mass writhing in agony on the ground. All he has to do is think and she loses. Her mobility is useless.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by TheKahn
So it's cheap to use one of your powers to win a fight??? confused
Why wouldn't you use the one power you have that your opponent doesn't have any protection against?

And his telepath isn't just defenseive no
repect thread telepathy feats :http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375903&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=6

"Aquaman can induce seizures on any life that has marine ancestors. Even adept TP users like the White Martians."
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2841/go2017tn.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7430/go2028cn.jpg

***(Scans posted by Lucid Lui)

That said, Aquaman wins 10/10.

Storm is not a fish, or a whale, you proved that his TP wouldn't work... that was brilliant... Thank you for ending this whole discussion. Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

DarkCrawler
Storm is not a fish, or a whale, you proved that his TP wouldn't work... that was brilliant... Thank you for ending this whole discussion. Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

You know that humans DO have marine ancestors? The first thing that crawled out from the sea...etc.

TheKahn

You are aware that, scientifically speaking, all life on earth evolved from marine organisms, aren't you? If you had looked at the respect thread link I posted you would see Aquaman using his telepathy on Dr. Polaris and Black Manta. Humans (and therefore mutants) have marine animals as evolutionary ancestors. roll eyes (sarcastic) Is it too much to ask for people to stay awake in their high school science classes?

badabing
The problem is that before Storm has time to do any of that, Aquaman uses his telepathy to reduce her to a quivering mass writhing in agony on the ground. All he has to do is think and she loses. Her mobility is useless.
I thought that she was resistant to telepathy.

TheKahn
I thought that she was resistant to telepathy.

I've only ever heard her described as having minor telepathic defenses. As Aquaman is one of the most powerful telepaths in DC, I doubt she could stand up to him seeing as White Martians, who are extremely strong telepaths themselves, couldn't block him.

badabing
I hear what you're saying Kahn and I guess it could go that way. I just think Storm can cause a lot of havok in a battle. By the way, what is your handle from?

TheKahn
I hear what you're saying Kahn and I guess it could go that way. I just think Storm can cause a lot of havok in a battle. By the way, what is your handle from?

Before I started coming here to kill time in between classes, I would play Texas Hold-em on TruePoker. And my avatar on there was the called "the Kahn". So I kind of stole that name when I was signing up. shifty

CaptainStoic
You are aware that, scientifically speaking, all life on earth evolved from marine organisms, aren't you? If you had looked at the respect thread link I posted you would see Aquaman using his telepathy on Dr. Polaris and Black Manta. Humans (and therefore mutants) have marine animals as evolutionary ancestors. roll eyes (sarcastic) Is it too much to ask for people to stay awake in their high school science classes?

1) First off the word theory means that it is not an absolute.
2) Whenever scientists are asked to prove without a shadow of a doubt that we evolved from simians they can not.
3) A gorilla was a gorilla 10,000 yrs ago and is still a gorilla today... unless you're saying that in another 10,000 yrs, that they will be able to build cars, or invent things beyond their primal grasp. Perhaps you shouldn't believe everything that you read in a text book.
3) Yes, it's true our DNA and a chimps DNA nearly mirror eachothers, but then again the DNA found in trees nearly mirror ours too, so what... am I to believe that trees will one day start walking around, and talking? Not everyone is in the dark when it comes to the BS being pumped into the masses of the less informed.

badabing
1) First off the word theory means that it is not an absolute.
2) Whenever scientists are asked to prove without a shadow of a doubt that we evolved from simians they can not.
3) A gorilla was a gorilla 10,000 yrs ago and is still a gorilla today... unless you're saying that in another 10,000 yrs, that they will be able to build cars, or invent things beyond their primal grasp. Perhaps you shouldn't believe everything that you read in a text book.
3) Yes, it's true our DNA and a chimps DNA nearly mirror eachothers, but then again the DNA found in trees nearly mirror ours too, so what... am I to believe that trees will one day start walking around, and talking? Not everyone is in the dark when it comes to the BS being pumped into the masses of the less informed.
That's a good counter point. I'm glad to see people with two different sides, it makes for good debate.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>