MAJOR 2006 DC spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
I saw this on Comicblocforums. It's taken from this weeks Wizard.

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman or Oracle

...will be stripped of their powers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern (Hal)

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA, JLA, JLA, JLA laugh.gif

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, John Stewart

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac, Sinestro, Black Adam, Vandal Savage

February - Infinite Crisis Secret Files by Marv Wolfman

March - 8-issue story by James Robinson, running through Batman and Detective Comics
- New ongoing Blue Beetle series (NOT TED KORD) by Giffen & John Rogers with art by Cully Hamner
- Ivan Reis, new ongoing artist on GL
- Simonson/Chaykin on Hawkgirl (formerly Hawkman)
- Johns/Busiek on eight-issue Superman/Action Comics x-over
- Rucka on Supergirl
- Terry Dodson on new WW book, no writer named

April - Checkmate book by Rucka and Saiz
- Ron Marz on Kyle Rayner Ion book
- Willingham on Shadowpack ongoing

The Ion
Ion Happy Dance

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing

That sucks. I like all of these guys....well, except Gardner.

King_Mungi
I thought you were joking, but yeah...Ion
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=50350

eleveninches
I think the only one to give birth could be Catwoman. There have been rumours that she will have a girl named helena (E2 referene)

Lucid Lui
I wonder if the Aquaman's the one get amnesia. He is getting a new direction come OYL.

Though MM seems quite possible for that aswell.

eleveninches
If kyle becomes ion again, he would be the one who is the most powerful hero in the DCU

eleveninches
I think it will be:

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Catwoman (child named helena, E2 reference)

...will be stripped of their powers: Wonder Woman (as punishment for killing max lord)

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Oliver Queen

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: Aquaman

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Kyle Rayner (ION)

...will become a criminal: Captain Marvel

...WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Superboy (Connor). (Flash's series is coming to an end. Nightwing looks like his series is coming to an end soon. I can see them killing of guy guardener for a while as well.)

One of these teams won't survive Infinite Crisis: JLA

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Red Tornado

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions:Black Adam

The Ion
You quoted it wrong. It actually says "will be seen as criminal by the world" which will be Superman. It's only natural for people to see you as a prick when you have someone who looks exactly the same save for grey temples running around trying to change the universe.

I'm betting that will last as long as a depowered Magneto.

botcherby
**** **** ****, I'm seriously stressing over this one:

WILL BE THE ONLY ONE AROUND AFTER "INFINITE CRISIS": Wally West, Superboy (Connor), Guy Gardner, Nightwing

(fav hero is nightwing)

most of us have heard that batman will go crazy... take a guess at why that would happen.... feck Devin Grayson has stopped writing nightwing at issue 117, and Hester &Parks are leaving the title too at the same time.
I hate to see Wally West go, but he'll probably rejoin the speed force... like barry... but I would look forward to seeing Kid Flash (bart) becoming flash... hes not as fast but "could" be more intelligent, so use his powers better than wally.
Guy gardner... well hes only been back for a short time, but I ain't got no love for him, so who gives...
now, superboy... I've heard the rumours that hes gonna kick the can, and I hope so to, I haven't got much love for the superclone and hes had a good run since 1993... and his teentitans/outsiders crossover was decent I wouldn't mind to see him go... I think hes gonna go evil again then get killed.

nooo please DC please, don't kill Nightwing.... hes my fav.... first Iceman's gone (but will return in a year or 2), but not nightwing too!!!!

If I see his body in issue 5/6 that means he ain't coming back (says Dan D)... why...why

its been a bad year for me :P

willRules
I hope they don't kill off Nightwing either...........

jrodslam
Why is everyone assuming the characters are going to die? Ok, so only one of them will be around after Crisis. Does that automatically mean that they are going to die? I dont think so. Wally may retire, and decide to take care of the kids. Rumors were that Nightwing may retire too and be a mayor. Guy just came back and rumor also says that there will be a Green Lantern Corps ongoing after the mini. Superboy may die or go to another reality.

All im saying is that just because they say people arent going to be around, that doesnt mean theyre gonna die. Hell, some may not be around on "DC earth" Considering Nightwing, Wally, Superboy all work and live on the planet. They may have other adventures elsewhere. I know Guy does. Les just try to keep a positive outlook on things.

Plus the people at Wizard may be wrong.

eleveninches
I also saw this over at newsarama:

Draco69
Why would WW be punished for killing Maxwell Lord? She did the right thing. Why should poor Di be punished when Superman and countless other heroes have gotten away with multiple homicides with some much of a passing glance

eleveninches
could THIS be MM???

snoopdogg
Originally posted by eleveninches

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Kyle Rayner (ION)

That is what DC is trying to trick people into believing. I don't think it's gonna be Kyle.

Wild Cowboy
me too

Draco69

One of these characters will give birth in '06: Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Catwoman or Oracle

Wonder Woman's a diehard virgin. I SERIOUSLY doubt she'll get laid anytime soon.

The only one Power Girl seems to be associating with is Earth 2 Superman and Superboy Prime. And that would be kinda sick...

Either Catwoman or Oracle. My bet's on Oracle. I can see her being a mother.

...will be stripped of their powers: Superman, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Green Lantern (Hal)

Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman. Saw a preview of Wonder Woman with Superman AFTER the Crisis. They still have their powers. Lifting tanks and all...

Stripping Green Lantern of his powers just after he returns from the dead? Nuh-uh.

Supergirl loses her powers. And hopefully she gets run over by a truck

..will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen

Could be anyone of them. Even Batman. Too close to tell. I'm leaning in Green Arrow's direction. OR the Flash.

...will have amnesia and be unable to tell friend from foe: MM, Aquaman, Atom, Elongated Man

The Atom. When was the last time we saw him? He's still at miniture size after Identity Crisis. Ten bucks he cracked.

..will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman

Kyle Rayner may seem like an obvious choice. Especially since his new title is named ION. But that's too obvious for my tastes. I'm leaning in Booster Gold's direction. He's up to something big.

.Originally posted by eleveninches
..will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel

Hal Jordan is nullified. He's already had that role. Possibly Flash if Zoom impersonates him or something. My gut feeling is Superman.

I'm not sure what the hell this means. Does that mean everyone else dies??

Most likely Superboy.

...will becomes the military's secret weapon: Cyborg, Wonder Woman, Red Tornado, John Stewart

Red Tornado or John Stewart. Geoff has a hard-on for the Tornado so most likely him.

...will destroy an entire country and kill millions: Braniac, Sinestro, Black Adam, Vandal Savage

Anyone of them are certainly capable of it. Some of them ALREADY have done it. Either Sinestro or Black Adam.

Fishy 500
Batmans going to Arkyham
Flash is going to die
ion will be most powerful
nightwing survives because he becomes batman

The rest i agree with Draco, although i don't really trust wizard ! Could all be BS.
smile

Evil Genius
smile

The Ion
Where did you see the preview of Post IC Supes and Diana?

Draco69
At my local comic shop. They have this cool mag with lots of previews. Apparently is written by the owners and they have insiders in the companies.

It's very authentic because it's always been right in the past.

Mainstream
anybody think Bruce might become mayor and dick may become Batman....that way Nightwing won't be around because he's Batman now.

Wild Cowboy
What if Superman really became rogue.......... ?? Wouldnt he create a new series "The Wrath of the Ex-Hero" !!! ??

Main, could you recommend me a DB site with good pics ??

eleveninches
Aquaman:sword of atlantis has a brand new charachter as aquaman

The Ion
I saw this on Comicblocforums. It's taken from this weeks Wizard.

...will become the mayor of a crime-riddled city: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen

...will take the mantle of the most powerful hero in the DCU: Booster Gold, Animal Man, Kyle Rayner, Earth-2 Superman

...will become a criminal: Hal Jordan, Superman, Flash, Captain Marvel

February - Infinite Crisis Secret Files by Marv Wolfman

March - 8-issue story by James Robinson, running through Batman and Detective Comics
- New ongoing Blue Beetle series (NOT TED KORD) by Giffen & John Rogers with art by Cully Hamner
- Ivan Reis, new ongoing artist on GL
- Simonson/Chaykin on Hawkgirl (formerly Hawkman)
- Johns/Busiek on eight-issue Superman/Action Comics x-over
- Rucka on Supergirl
- Terry Dodson on new WW book, no writer named

April - Checkmate book by Rucka and Saiz
- Ron Marz on Kyle Rayner Ion book
- Willingham on Shadowpack ongoing
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Mar06/DCMar05Solicits.html

Looks like Ollie is mayor, Nightwing is still around, and Supergirl is powerless.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Mar06/DCU/LegionofSuperHeroesCv16.jpg

And judging by that bust size, Power Girl is Supergirl. Happy Dance

yer
so from the oyl its seems that

spoiler because i cant figure out how to use the tag things

bruce is comish that there is a new bman possibly dick, Jason is either dead or the new nightwing. Catwoman isnt catwoman anymore probably cause shes pregnant and shes not selina kyle anymore so she could be selina wayne. Supergirl and pwergirl are now in kandor adn one of them also goes into the future to join the legion, GA is mayor, and tim is wanted for murder. Also the BOP have a new line up with two shodow figures hangin with Huntress and BC so maybe one is the Batwoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.