I hate rockstar! Hate them all!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blue Dragon
Grand Theft Auto is one example but NOW a bullying game has been made & if you ask me, I think it's the worst thing ever!!! mad mad mad

I mean what's wrong with these people! For heavens sake please! You play as a bully terrising people! I mean whaaat!? It's just so pathetic, how childish & how bad is this!? I can't even thing of words that are bad enough to describe this game, there just isn't bad enough words to explain the game!

People who've been bullied (lots of people have, including me) aren't going to like it. Parents don't like it because it can get serious (not including me, yet...)

Fights & violence is the main objective of the game. Just bin the flipping game now! Do it NOW!

TwisterGameX
Eh I got messed a messed up child hood...Anyway well if you just type in problems with rock star is that there is a list, people say the violence and teaching to hate cops is bad then they said the racial sterotypes and sexist in all of them are bad, then the sex stuff is bad, and now they make another game that is bullying.

Well people don't have to buy the games but you kn ow how much people love it. it says!!

Well I don't see any game now adays without this stuff in it so...

§P0oONY
*shrugs*

They've been quite revolutionary, they basically created a whole genre.

TwisterGameX
Eh just don't play it if you don't like it. these games are the least thing you got to worry about in the world.

§P0oONY
I think it is a rather humourus idea for a game, I don't really see how it is any worse then GTA, they both involve bullying and GTA also has other stuff in.

Blue Dragon
It will increase bullying if people play, it's a fact!

§P0oONY
You don't know that, like the GTA games it may be sending out alternate messages to what you primarily think.

Lana
And it's not at all a proven fact that games/movies/whatever else people like to play as scapegoat will influence people to do things. In fact, contrary to popular belief, it usually doesn't, and people who DO do things they see in games or whatever usually had that idea in their head long before. Games did not create violence, remember.

TwisterGameX
^ good

Also if anything, I say they relieve themselves by playing games instead of killing some one they go kill aliens in Halo.

BackFire
Originally posted by Blue Dragon

THAT is utter bullshit. People, please do not listen to this crap, this is just some rhetoric trying to trick people into thinking that video games "factually" effect real life when there has never been any actual valid evidence to suggest such a correlation actually exists.

§P0oONY
yes

It's just an excuse for certain mothers of the world blaming their crappy parenting skills on something else.

(That new moderator sign is slightly garish & "in yo' face"

I feel it is time for beatings, Raz stick out tongue)

Edit: no wait.... I just had the font set to large... no expression

TwisterGameX
Well after playing Super smash bros I went outside and beat the hell out of every single person..I even through one off the cliff to get them out the areana..I didn't know they would die or me hitting them with hammer was going to make them bleed...there is no blood in SSBM so I didn't think it would hurt but games like half life make me notice that if you shoot some one you will die so I don't shoot anyone because i see blood....yup.

besides if you watch the news(which is on a local channel for kids) then thats a problem.

Showing psyco killer eat children and bombs blowing up, then school shootings, body parts found in froot loops...ok that would mess up your kid mentally.

MetallicaT
the gta games are some of the best, most revolutionary games out there...and besides...did someone force you to play it? ....go watch some more anime, fool

hotsauce6548
eek!

I didn't know Jack Thompson posted on web forums!

-hh-
It will increase bullying if people play, it's a fact! laughing laughing

Smasandian
Grand Theft Auto is one example but NOW a bullying game has been made & if you ask me, I think it's the worst thing ever!!! mad mad mad

I mean what's wrong with these people! For heavens sake please! You play as a bully terrising people! I mean whaaat!? It's just so pathetic, how childish & how bad is this!? I can't even thing of words that are bad enough to describe this game, there just isn't bad enough words to explain the game!

People who've been bullied (lots of people have, including me) aren't going to like it. Parents don't like it because it can get serious (not including me, yet...)

Fights & violence is the main objective of the game. Just bin the flipping game now! Do it NOW!

Umm, I guess you havnt really read much into the game, have you?

You dont play as a bully at all. You play as a troubled schoolchild who is affected by bullying. So, your not terrozing people. Your sticking up for people.
So before you go a huge charade about a game, please find out about the game first.

TwisterGameX
Burn mario!!!!

Smasandian
Okay.......

Spearhead
Fights & violence is the main objective of the game

what a concept...djee, just like every other game ever to have been created

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Spearhead
what a concept...djee, just like every other game ever to have been created

Not my fav game Harvest moon big grin

Spearhead
the exception that makes the rule...stick out tongue

Ast
Im actually wanting to try this game. big grin

I hope I can resist running outside and giving people wedgies. no expression

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Smasandian
Umm, I guess you havnt really read much into the game, have you?

You dont play as a bully at all. You play as a troubled schoolchild who is affected by bullying. So, your not terrozing people. Your sticking up for people.
So before you go a huge charade about a game, please find out about the game first.
I heard you play as a bully. Well in any case I also saw it on the news. I didn't hear anything like, "you play as a bully" or "you're a child being bullied", all I know is that it's bad and aren't they thinking of binning the game?
Originally posted by Lana
And it's not at all a proven fact that games/movies/whatever else people like to play as scapegoat will influence people to do things. In fact, contrary to popular belief, it usually doesn't, and people who DO do things they see in games or whatever usually had that idea in their head long before. Games did not create violence, remember.
Of course game didn't create violence, I wasn't saying they are. I'm just saying that playing games as well may make people worse. Not turning them bad, making them worse than what they already are.
Originally posted by BackFire
THAT is utter bullshit. People, please do not listen to this crap, this is just some rhetoric trying to trick people into thinking that video games "factually" effect real life when there has never been any actual valid evidence to suggest such a correlation actually exists.
I am not trying to trick people, what do you take me for? sad Read above, I'm explained some thing you may want to read.
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Well after playing Super smash bros I went outside and beat the hell out of every single person..I even through one off the cliff to get them out the areana..I didn't know they would die or me hitting them with hammer was going to make them bleed...there is no blood in SSBM so I didn't think it would hurt but games like half life make me notice that if you shoot some one you will die so I don't shoot anyone because i see blood....yup.

besides if you watch the news(which is on a local channel for kids) then thats a problem.

Showing psyco killer eat children and bombs blowing up, then school shootings, body parts found in froot loops...ok that would mess up your kid mentally.
That was poor. SSBM isn't a violent game & it's a fun game to play. I just think this bully game is sick.

§P0oONY
SSB was not released on SNES in the majority of areas... simply beecuase of the idea of brothers fighting..... we live in a totally different world now, games/movies/tv are no longer affecting the public in the way they act then in the past.

Smasandian
I heard you play as a bully. Well in any case I also saw it on the news. I didn't hear anything like, "you play as a bully" or "you're a child being bullied", all I know is that it's bad and aren't they thinking of binning the game?

Um yeah, the reason YOU gave us to ban (not bin) the game is that you play as a bully.
Well, I just told you dont play as a bully, so your source of news was incredibly wrong.
Maybe, you should not take what the "news" says, and research and find out what the correct info is.
Gamespot, Gamespy and IGN, all three have said you play as a person being bullied.

If you didnt hear anything like "you play as a bully", why do you think you play as a bully. Oh, my fault, you said you heared it, and then you said you didnt hear it. So what it is?
Get your facts straight, and then you can talk something about it. And please, make an observation thats not from the "news".

BackFire
Lies. You explained nothing other then you not liking the concept of the game. There is still no evidence, no proof, and no reasoning to support that video games contribute to real violence as you claims it does.

who?-kid

Cinemaddiction
That isn't true for "The Warriors". In fact, it's a dead on video game adaptation of the movie. The work Rockstar Canada put into the game is incredible.

Inspectah Deck

But you rather play Dragon Ball Z games, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkC
Assumption.^

DanZeke25
If anyone thinks that a game can influence someone to kill then they are retarded, or the 'someone' is retarded. If a kid played GTA and said "Ooh that looks like fun lets go kill people!!" then he is retarded and needs help. And if you think normal kids will do that then you are retarded and also need help fast.

Blue Dragon
Um yeah, the reason YOU gave us to ban (not bin) the game is that you play as a bully.
Well, I just told you dont play as a bully, so your source of news was incredibly wrong.
Maybe, you should not take what the "news" says, and research and find out what the correct info is.
Gamespot, Gamespy and IGN, all three have said you play as a person being bullied.

If you didnt hear anything like "you play as a bully", why do you think you play as a bully. Oh, my fault, you said you heared it, and then you said you didnt hear it. So what it is?
Get your facts straight, and then you can talk something about it. And please, make an observation thats not from the "news".
Bin or ban, they are similar. It means no one will play it so it doesn't really matter. erm Yes I heard 'you play as a bully' at school. On the news I didn't hear either you play as a bully or you are assulted by a bully.

Either way it does not seem right & people are agreeing with me (most of you on here aren't but there you go.) I said to a friend, "Why have a gamr like this?" & he said, "It's Rockstar, they don't need a reason."

hotsauce6548
laughing

This thread makes me giggle. no expression

Smasandian
Bin or ban, they are similar. It means no one will play it so it doesn't really matter. erm Yes I heard 'you play as a bully' at school. On the news I didn't hear either you play as a bully or you are assulted by a bully.

Either way it does not seem right & people are agreeing with me (most of you on here aren't but there you go.) I said to a friend, "Why have a gamr like this?" & he said, "It's Rockstar, they don't need a reason."

So where did you hear that you play as a bully, because its wrong.

You make a statement, you should research it first.

Inspectah Deck

Your friend is very wise zorro

Shadow x 20
bash

It's just the way rockstar is.

Snoopbert
It will increase bullying if people play, it's a fact! It's not a fact you two-bit fool. It's something you pulled out of your ass.

Hey, don't go to the theatre, it'll make you gay! It's a fact!!1

roll eyes (sarcastic)

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Snoopbert
It's not a fact you two-bit fool. It's something you pulled out of your ass.

Hey, don't go to the theatre, it'll make you gay! It's a fact!!1

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just like masterbation makes you blind. yes

Snoopbert
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Just like masterbation makes you blind. yes It doesn't? stick out tongue

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Snoopbert
It doesn't? stick out tongue

I would respond, but I can't see the keyboard. no expression laughing

Snoopbert
laughing

SaTsuJiN

lol.. thats like saying dragonball will influence people to run around outside screaming in high pitched voices while punching the crap out of eachother real fast..

also.. you say you had fun playing the grand theft auto series?(I forget)... I think gunning down prostitutes, or beating people to death with a baseball bat is just a tad bit more violent than people bullying eachother at school.. sad

personally, I look forward to what wierdness rockstar can conjure.. they seem to get away with making alot of controversial issues into the gaming world..

lowrider370
Rockstar rocks if u don't like it then don't play it i for one am a big fan of the GTA Lineup and am looking foward to Bully R* seems to get away with how i don't know

Spearhead
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. thats like saying dragonball will influence people to run around outside screaming in high pitched voices while punching the crap out of eachother real fast..

omg stick out tongue that's priceless, I want to shake your hand now wacko

BD, you're not one of those people what want to ban all violent games in existance, are you? no expression

hotsauce6548
omg stick out tongue that's priceless, I want to shake your hand now wacko

BD, you're not one of those people what want to ban all violent games in existance, are you? no expression

Most likely. wink

*coughJackThompsoncough*

Inspectah Deck
I would respond, but I can't see the keyboard. no expression laughing

Klean up the mess

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

also.. you say you had fun playing the grand theft auto series?(I forget)... I think gunning down prostitutes, or beating people to death with a baseball bat is just a tad bit more violent than people bullying eachother at school.. sad

personally, I look forward to what wierdness rockstar can conjure.. they seem to get away with making alot of controversial issues into the gaming world..
I don't want to ban them. I mean okay I have played GTA before. It was okay but not my kind of stuff. It was fun driving about & shooting people, but if you're a different kind of person you may take it too far.

I suppose that's not really rockstars' fault, but a bullying game!? That is just plain stupid! People who are bullied are going to think the same way. Teachers & parents too. Only people I could see enjoying this is other bullys.

Lana
See, that's just silly. All sorts of people enjoy all sorts of games. I have a lot of fun playing GTA but am I the sort of person who'd go out and shoot cops? No, I'm not that stupid.

Only people who would take something like that too far are those who already have problems and have such ideas in their heads.

And you realize games like this are a good way to take out anger without harming anyone, yes? Oftentimes if I'm in a really pissed off mood I'll toss in GTA and blow some shit up. Works very well at getting rid of anger, and it doesn't harm anyone else at all.

Inspectah Deck
I don't want to ban them. I mean okay I have played GTA before. It was okay but not my kind of stuff. It was fun driving about & shooting people, but if you're a different kind of person you may take it too far.

I suppose that's not really rockstars' fault, but a bullying game!? That is just plain stupid! People who are bullied are going to think the same way. Teachers & parents too. Only people I could see enjoying this is other bullys.

I could say the same thing Dragon Ball Z, couldn't I no expression

Thats like saying a peaceful person would play Dragon Ball Z: Budokai and be influenced to go Super Saiyan

CaptainBen
Blue dragon I bet your a good christian boy that is poisoned by your parents and are very sheltered

Smasandian

How can bullies enjoy that goes against bullying?
Why would he want to play a game that has an nerd beating up bullies.

Silverstein
yeah the people that are bullied in real life can now bully back...in a video game unvierse.

Gregory
Do you think that only sadistic serial killers enjoyed manhunt? That only murderous gangsters enjoy the GTA games?

kmcdude

I cant wait till Bully comes out big grin And GTA RULES

house
why do you hate rockstar they have given us such masterpieces such as gta, manhunt, the warriors, red dead revolver...

Koala MeatPie
Thats why most agmes are Rated M for mature.

If you don't liek the game, Don't play it, don't liek Death / pain, Don't play it, Do Not be one of thoes Anti - Choice people.

Smasandian
Originally posted by house
why do you hate rockstar they have given us such masterpieces such as gta, manhunt, the warriors, red dead revolver...

GTA is an masterpiece.
Manhunt is a piece of shit.
The Warriors is good beat em up, but far from masterpiece
and Red Dead Revolver is an okay game.

Blue Dragon
Only people who would take something like that too far are those who already have problems and have such ideas in their heads.
I already know that, I'm not saying game create the violence but people who play them who do have problems might get worse. But this is different, this bullying game isn't right. Surely people can see that.
Originally posted by CaptainBen
Blue dragon I bet your a good christian boy that is poisoned by your parents and are very sheltered
1. I'm not a christian
2. I'm not a 'boy'
Originally posted by house
And what happened to Manhunt? It got taken off the shelves, but got put back on...

DarkCrawler

You idiot.

You don't "bully" people in that game. Have you every played it?

No, it's not a fact.

You are wrong. THAT'S a fact.

DarkCrawler
"I hate rockstar! Hate them all!"

You hate people?! This thread increases hate! If someone reads this thread, they go and hate people for no reason at all!

Hey, I read a book where they killed a guy. I didn't kill anyone after that.

Oh yeah, and I played "Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" where you go at rampage and kill thousands of people. Now check:

My kill count in games: Over 10000

My kill count in real life: 0

hotsauce6548
GTA is an masterpiece.
Manhunt is a piece of shit.
The Warriors is good beat em up, but far from masterpiece
and Red Dead Revolver is an okay game.

Manhunt was pretty good. smile

Inspectah Deck
I already know that, I'm not saying game create the violence but people who play them who do have problems might get worse. But this is different, this bullying game isn't right. Surely people can see that.

So your saying an retarded person would play a Rockstar game and become even more mentally unstable?

"Surely people can see that"

See what? That all your post are based off far-fetched ideas

Smasandian
Manhunt was pretty good. smile

Well, not piece of shit.
But it wasnt very good.

JKozzy
Rockstar makes a video game... uh, yeah. It's a game? Not sure how much clearer it can get. If you think it's a tool for bullies... they probably already were bullies. Way to find a scapegoat for your problems.

Hey, look. Everyone's mainly voted in the "who ever votes this is stupid" category laughing out loud

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
"I hate rockstar! Hate them all!"

You hate people?! This thread increases hate! If someone reads this thread, they go and hate people for no reason at all!

Hey, I read a book where they killed a guy. I didn't kill anyone after that.

Oh yeah, and I played "Hulk: Ultimate Destruction" where you go at rampage and kill thousands of people. Now check:

My kill count in games: Over 10000

My kill count in real life: 0
Okay okay just listen. Everyone who has said something like 'when you play DBZ, you start killing people' or 'if you play this game, you are likely to go around hitting people over the head with crowbars', why are you saying this?

My 'point' is about 'this' game & this game only, don't bring up other games (which won't do anything so why say it?) This game is a bullying game, who needs a bullying game, even if it is about being the victim?

Victims of real bullying isn't going to say, "Oh, you play a victim in this game & get abused, can I buy it dad?" They've dealt with real bullying so what's the point?

Maybe I should close this thread, all I've done is anger people. sad

Lana
1. You can't close threads, that's my job, and I feel no reason to close it.

2. People are bringing up other games to refute your argument, which is admittedly very weak and has nothing behind it. DBZ is targetted at young kids, who are much more impressionable and likely to imitate something they see. This game is targetted at older teens and adults, who know the difference between reality and fantasy and therefore WON'T imitate it.

DarkCrawler

Maybe I should close this thread, all I've done is anger people. sad

That is because your points are weak, and stupid, and you don't really listen to anything others say...

That tends to anger people.

SaTsuJiN
Okay okay just listen. Everyone who has said something like 'when you play DBZ, you start killing people' or 'if you play this game, you are likely to go around hitting people over the head with crowbars', why are you saying this?

because its basically what you're saying.. you say playing this game called "Bully" will cultivate the need for people (whether they be bullies themselves or not) to run around tormenting others

by giving you back what you've said, but on a much more extreme scale, it helps you to see why its silly to believe this to be true. So you want a comparison that relates more to real life issues?

People who play bully >> Become bullies themselves

People who play first person shooters (Doom, Counterstrike) >> become next "columbine" duo, blowing thier respective school up to high hell

See how that doesnt work?..

Inspectah Deck

2. People are bringing up other games to refute your argument, which is admittedly very weak and has nothing behind it. DBZ is targetted at young kids, who are much more impressionable and likely to imitate something they see. This game is targetted at older teens and adults, who know the difference between reality and fantasy and therefore WON'T imitate it.

thank you

MarioX
Hilary clinton can eat me out, I love GTA. screw her hard

Blue Dragon

1. I obviously know I can't, but I can ask moderaters such as yourself.

2. Yes but I don't see the point, & before people start, you lot probably don't see the point in this thread. Am I right? DBZ is targetted around 12+ years old & it isn't realistic violence - only a cartoon.

3. People my age is the worst age group, you hear all kinds of things being said here & there. On the news, newspapers, magazines, radios etc. This game is targetted at that age group.

Lana
DBZ is targeted at young kids -- ages 8 and up. Kids that age are FAR more impressionable than teenagers.

This game is still rating pending but I will bet that it will be rated M, meaning no one under 17 can get it on their own.

This is a case of if you don't like it, don't play it, simple as.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.