Xbox360 Smashed On Launch Day!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

El_NINO
http://www.smashmyxbox.com/

It happened where I work. 2 guys camped outside for 3 days and were first in line to buy one and when they went outside they smashed it infront of everyone, they filmed everything.

TwisterGameX
Is there a video..wel lthey are very stupid because they wasted their money and camped 3 days...

El_NINO
there will be a video its just that they are having server problems. No they got people to donate money however they mention they purchased a premium and there is a pic of a green box which is the core system only so they pocketed some money.

Just checked, video is up

-hh-
although they wasted alot of money and wasted their times camping out there, what they did was genius. thumb up

El_NINO
http://planetboredom.net/smx_videos.php

LMAO

"can I have your controller"

mattador
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Is there a video..wel lthey are very stupid because they wasted their money and camped 3 days...

Yeah, waste of time and money stick out tongue

§P0oONY
Bastards.... they could have given it to me.

Seeing the faces of the other campers would have been ****ing funny though.

Koala MeatPie
Didn't the Shop Person say that the XBox was already ****ed? Freezing and Scratching DVDs?

El_NINO
ya it seems thats a common problem with some XBOX360s, they scratch the cd or it freezes or the hard-drive doesnt work. Thats expected with some new consoles.

I another note, I hope Microsoft will switch to Blu-Ray Discs because I think that will be the future for all CD/DVD formats. They hold alot more and will enhance the game itself by allowing more disc room to store data.

Wolf Dog
I think it would be alot more fun smashing the 360 then actually playing it. Zing!

hotsauce6548
Ya know, this is a pretty interesting story. They didn't really waster their money; it all came from donors who wanted to see the results.

Especially if it was a messed up console, I think it's pretty cool. smile

Smasandian
Originally posted by El_NINO
ya it seems thats a common problem with some XBOX360s, they scratch the cd or it freezes or the hard-drive doesnt work. Thats expected with some new consoles.

I another note, I hope Microsoft will switch to Blu-Ray Discs because I think that will be the future for all CD/DVD formats. They hold alot more and will enhance the game itself by allowing more disc room to store data.

Blu Ray discs are pretty much useless.
Think right now, most computer games like Half Life 2, FEAR and Doom 3 have 1 regular dvd. All three games have alot of content on those discs.
If they used bluray discs, which require a seperate disc drive, what are they going to put on those discs. It will be all filler on those discs that most people wont even use.
Stay with dvd's because its the medium right now. Blue ray will be available for PS3, thats it. Can you see blu ray outdoing dvd considering dvd is such a popular storage medium?
Sure its nice to have more storage, but whats the point of changing the whole industry standard for space that wont be filled up. Also, can you see a developer spending more money, and time, and lost revenue just to put on some special feature for games? I cant.

powerfulone1987
What's this blueray disc talk about.
Do they look any different than dvd disc?
What's the difference? Did they just give a dvd disc a different name b/c it stores more data?

is it comprehensible.....

Sir Mist
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
What's this blueray disc talk about.
Do they look any different than dvd disc?
What's the difference? Did they just give a dvd disc a different name b/c it stores more data?

Dvd - 4.8gb
Blu ray - 40+ gb

Dvds use a normal red laser to burn things, blu rays use a different blue laser, more dense or something technical, allows for higher storage capacity.

Yep, blu ray are pretty crap for gaming. Just because they can store 40+ gb, you think developers are gonna make games that are over 40+ gb? Hell no. Half Life and the others mentioned are what, 5gb max? I cant see developers making games 10x times that size for a long ass time. If they did, the prices would increase to cover the cost of making a game that huge, and for porting it to blu ray for a minimal target audience.

For pc storage, beautiful! Bring on the blu ray! Back up hard drives with 2/3 discs, instead of 20+ dvds.

Maybe for the next gen consoles after ps3/xbox 360, but not for this lot.

powerfulone1987
So how long would a game be if it was made on a blue ray disc and it filled up all that space, b/c we already have some games on the discs we have now going on 40 and more hours.

Morridini
Originally posted by El_NINO

Expected with new consoles?
That sounds stupid, a new console should be all perfect and in no need for fixing. None of my consoles have ever had any problems like that (NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2).

Sir Mist
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
So how long would a game be if it was made on a blue ray disc and it filled up all that space, b/c we already have some games on the discs we have now going on 40 and more hours.

Depends on the game...Fable lasted what, max 12 hours, and that was fairly big size (I dont have it on pc so I dont know what the file size is). Whereas Morrowind lasts for months, and its only 650mb or so.

Most of the space on a blu ray would be filler, as Smasandian said. Theres only so much you could cram into a game (by today's standards), then they'll start throwing in hi res cinematics to use up space.

You can get dual layer 9gb dvds, they're more than enough to cover the space for a game nowadays.

I want to know the specs of Oblivion. The game is massive, it'd take ages to do everything. Say it was 10gb, easily overboard, but for sake of easy numbers comparing.....they could make a game 4 times as big to put on a blu ray. But thats 4 times as long for making it, testing it, fixing errors and so on....the cost of making it increases, so they'd want to hope for massive selling of it. And if the game bombs, all that time and money is wasted.

WindDancer
Looks like the Xbox360 won't be the only victim of these guys agenda.

http://www.smashmyps3.com/

JKozzy
http://smashmyrevolution.com/
http://smashmyipod.com/

Lana
Can I have your controller?

laughing out loud

Gotta admit, that is pretty funny.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Morridini
That sounds stupid, a new console should be all perfect and in no need for fixing. None of my consoles have ever had any problems like that (NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2).

The funny thing is that all those consoles you mentioned, only 1 is not an Nintendo product. Nintendo has always been good in making quality systems that dont have problems.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Morridini

Well its new technology, im not saying every console will be defective, what i am saying is that not everyone will ( by this i mean proly 2 in 10 people) have a perfect system that doesnt cause any trouble in performance. I remember when iPOD came out, some peoples batteries didnt work or worked for a short time.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Smasandian
Blu Ray discs are pretty much useless.
Think right now, most computer games like Half Life 2, FEAR and Doom 3 have 1 regular dvd. All three games have alot of content on those discs.
If they used bluray discs, which require a seperate disc drive, what are they going to put on those discs. It will be all filler on those discs that most people wont even use.
Stay with dvd's because its the medium right now. Blue ray will be available for PS3, thats it. Can you see blu ray outdoing dvd considering dvd is such a popular storage medium?
Sure its nice to have more storage, but whats the point of changing the whole industry standard for space that wont be filled up. Also, can you see a developer spending more money, and time, and lost revenue just to put on some special feature for games? I cant.

This is like when people were introduced to a VCR and a VCR TAPE, then when people started seeing CD/DVDs they jumped on. Ya i can see that for a game it would be pointless because 40Gb would take a gamer a long to beat the game.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Lana
Can I have your controller?

laughing out loud

Gotta admit, that is pretty funny.

I couldnt stop laughing when i saw the xbox smashed then when the guy said that it just made my day.

laughing

hotsauce6548
Wow, I didn't realize the Blu Rays will be able to hold 40 gigs. I agree. Totally freakin pointless for games, but for all the extra crap I have on my computer... droolio

When are they going to be released to the public for regular uses?

JKozzy
If the next-gen consoles are said to improve graphics as much as they are, blu-ray's gonna be necessary. If some PS2 games take dual-layer DVDs, the next gen surely will be larger by the HD nature of the graphics and movies. Length doesn't matter, quality and quantity of graphics and cinematics will lead to the inevitable evolution in game media. The 360 is going to be quite a bit behind when the PS3 comes out and more graphically demanding games come out -- talks are already around for HD-DVD or Blu-ray upgrade drives for the 360. HD content takes up so much more room; I feel Microsoft is really running themselves into a wall, especially with their rushing the 360 out before the rest of their competition.

El_NINO
Originally posted by JKozzy
If the next-gen consoles are said to improve graphics as much as they are, blu-ray's gonna be necessary. If some PS2 games take dual-layer DVDs, the next gen surely will be larger by the HD nature of the graphics and movies. Length doesn't matter, quality and quantity of graphics and cinematics will lead to the inevitable evolution in game media. The 360 is going to be quite a bit behind when the PS3 comes out and more graphically demanding games come out -- talks are already around for HD-DVD or Blu-ray upgrade drives for the 360. HD content takes up so much more room; I feel Microsoft is really running themselves into a wall, especially with their rushing the 360 out before the rest of their competition.

As of right now, Blu Ray discs would be a waste of time, however when PS3 comes out we will have to see why they chose Blu Ray discs and how their games compare to the standard DVD 9 for games

Snoopbert
laughing "Thanks to the 3 camera men who didn't show up. ****ers."

ragesRemorse
to bad they diddnt try and do this stunt in front of more people to get a bigger reaction

Smasandian
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
to bad they diddnt try and do this stunt in front of more people to get a bigger reaction

Definitly.
What would be great, if they got the 360 while people were still outside waiting to get one.
THat would be awesome.
The other great thing is that they didnt actually buy the console, so no harm done.

Nactous
*Takes moment of silence for Xbox 360*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.