How can a plane land at southpole's center right-side up instead of upside down?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
I always wanted to know this, cause if you look at the globe from space it obviously a ball. And if you grab, say a basketball and lets assume it has it's own gravity that can hold , say a real small toy plane, the plane would remain grounded yes, but it would remain grounded upside down on the ball but on earth a real plane parked on the center of the south pole, or underneather the earth, would appear rightside up.

Just like with people. If they were in the south pole or directly underneath the planet; Earth's surface, they'd be walking right side up. But on the model, the toy plane would be upside down on the basketball.

I always wanted to know..

jaden101
everything has a gravitational force...when you drop a ball to the ground...the earth acts on the ball, pulling it towards it...but the ball also pulls the earth towards it but its effect is so small that it is completely unnoticable...not to mention is most likely counteracted by something on the other side of the planet anyway

as for the upside down thing...technically there is no up and down...there is only a map representation that shows north and south

imagine you approached earth from space for the first time in the so called "upside down" position...any map you make of earth from that viewpoint would be the opposite of the way we represent it

Sir Whirlysplat
Indeed Jade or (exactly the same as you) you beat me to it smile

The earth's gravity pulls us directly toward the earth's center. Because the earth is round, the earth's center is straight down from wherever you are. Straight down for you in New York or whatever in the US (Fist of the North Star) is at an angle to straight down for me in London, but both point to the center of the earth.

Ushgarak
Indeed.

Your mistake is to say that it would be "grounded upside down on the ball."

No it wouldn't. It would be grounded the right way up on the ball- wheels touching the surface, just as it would anywhere.

You mean that you see it being upside down. But that's irrelevant, isn't it? Turn the ball the other way around and it would be fine. You only think it is upside down because you are relating it to Eartb's gravity, which is a big mistake when you are trying to simulate the Earth on a basketball.

debbiejo
There really is no upside down, just as in space in the shuttle there is no upside down.....

Ever wonder if people that live on the bottom half of the hemisphere position their earth globes upside down?... blink

Ushgarak
No, why would they?

debbiejo
Because they would view the Northern hemisphere as the upside down for them.

Ushgarak
No they wouldn't. North is still North.

AOR
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I always wanted to know this, cause if you look at the globe from space it obviously a ball. And if you grab, say a basketball and lets assume it has it's own gravity that can hold , say a real small toy plane, the plane would remain grounded yes, but it would remain grounded upside down on the ball but on earth a real plane parked on the center of the south pole, or underneather the earth, would appear rightside up.

Just like with people. If they were in the south pole or directly underneath the planet; Earth's surface, they'd be walking right side up. But on the model, the toy plane would be upside down on the basketball.

I always wanted to know..

This is the principal of gravity. The only reason it seems upside down is because the earth, in essence, is a line that appears straight but is actually cruved. You can also notice this through jet's that fly in the atmosphere. When you look up, it seems that they are falling down. Missiles work the same way. But to answer your question, the line around the world is an illusion. You break the illusion at a distance, like the plane flying down. And therefore you think that the plane is up-side down, but in fact it's right side up.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No they wouldn't. North is still North.

The South Magnetic Pole is one of the two magnetic poles of the Earth's magnetic field. It lies near the Geographic South Pole, but its exact location is gradually shifting. The South Magnetic Pole is named after its proximity to the Geographic South Pole; in a strict magnetic sense, it is a north pole. The south pole of a magnet is attracted to the north poles of other magnets, hence the south pole of a freely suspended magnet (as in a compass) will point towards the Geomagnetic South Pole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pole

blink..was only curious

Alpha Centauri
Sometimes I seriously wonder if a ban on certain people using computers would be a good thing. Seriously I do.

Scary mentality, or lack thereof, sometimes.

How many people on this forum believe that if you dug through the Earth you'd come out the otherside with your head touching the floor? I am now of the belief that someone must, surely.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by debbiejo
The South Magnetic Pole is one of the two magnetic poles of the Earth's magnetic field. It lies near the Geographic South Pole, but its exact location is gradually shifting. The South Magnetic Pole is named after its proximity to the Geographic South Pole; in a strict magnetic sense, it is a north pole. The south pole of a magnet is attracted to the north poles of other magnets, hence the south pole of a freely suspended magnet (as in a compass) will point towards the Geomagnetic South Pole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Pole

blink..was only curious

in a magnetic sense perhaps...but the world uses standardised maps to determine north and south anyway...the only reason that we create the illusion of up and down in our minds is the fact that north is at the top of a map and south is at the bottom...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

How many people on this forum believe that if you dug through the Earth you'd come out the otherside with your head touching the floor?
-AC

How many times did you try before you gave up? big grin

See, if there really is no up or down, then it only makes one wonder how others view the world from the other advantage point....I
I know about maps

Alpha Centauri
If I were you, I'd not try to make jokes considering you just said you believed certain people view hemispheres as upside down.

Really.

Right now I'd be seriously considering a healthy dose of, I dunno, reading. Or a book.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Indeed.

Your mistake is to say that it would be "grounded upside down on the ball."

No it wouldn't. It would be grounded the right way up on the ball- wheels touching the surface, just as it would anywhere.

You mean that you see it being upside down. But that's irrelevant, isn't it? Turn the ball the other way around and it would be fine. You only think it is upside down because you are relating it to Eartb's gravity, which is a big mistake when you are trying to simulate the Earth on a basketball.

I still don't understand. And how would it be a mistake for me to say that I would, for myslef with my own eyes, see a small toy plane parked underneath a basketball,.. assuming that the Basketball had a gravitational pull and core.

You wrote: "It would be grounded the right way up on the ball- wheels touching the surface, just as it would anywhere." No it wouldn't. Not if it's up-side down. The wheels and plane would be grounded just as it would anywhere, yes, but it would stand in accodance to it's position on the ball.

Imagine being in space flying towards Earth, towards the under-side of the globe, then landing. You'd land right-side up but how can that be. The basketball sim contradicts this, it's not irrelevant to assimilate both the Earth and the ball in the same light. They're both round, both have the same gravity capacity but on one ball, if I landed underneath it, I would be upside down but on the other ball, I'd be right-side up?

Still don't get it.

AOR
hemispheres are upside down?

AOR
I still don't understand. And how would it be a mistake for me to say that I would, for myslef with my own eyes, see a small toy plane parked underneath a basketball,.. assuming that the Basketball had a gravitational pull and core.

You wrote: "It would be grounded the right way up on the ball- wheels touching the surface, just as it would anywhere." No it wouldn't. Not if it's up-side down. The wheels and plane would be grounded just as it would anywhere, yes, but it would stand in accodance to it's position on the ball.

Imagine being in space flying towards Earth, towards the under-side of the globe, then landing. You'd land right-side up but how can that be. The basketball sim contradicts this, it's not irrelevant to assimilate both the Earth and the ball in the same light. They're both round, both have the same gravity capacity but on one ball, if I landed underneath it, I would be upside down but on the other ball, I'd be right-side up?

Still don't get it.

But you just did. You answered your own question, it all in concordance with sight and nothing else. Hence it being an "illusion".

debbiejo
Just has to do with magnetic fields....the poles thing.

jaden101

Still don't get it.

imagine that toy stuck to that ball...but imagine approaching it and seeing it from another angle...it could appear stuck to the side or the top or wherever depending on what angle you approached it from

so up and down has nothing to do with where something is located...only to do with how you view it

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AOR
But you just did. You answered your own question, it all in concordance with sight and nothing else. Hence it being an "illusion".

I did answer my own question? How? You referring to my "Things stand up in accordance to their positions." statement?

So by that "answer" then a plane would land upside down, underneath the globe, because of the accordance of it's planted position?

Weren't you opposed to that view, yet you're telling me I answered my own question that you now seem to agree with, just by simply saying that I answered my question..

lol, I just want a logical answer to my question cause I don't know the answer.

AOR
I did answer my own question? How? You referring to my "Things stand up in accordance to their positions." statement?

So by that "answer" then a plane would land upside down, underneath the globe, because of the accordance of it's planted position?

Weren't you opposed to that view, yet you're telling me I answered my own question that you now seem to agree with, just by simply saying that I answered my question..

lol, I just want a logical answer to my question cause I don't know the answer.

Up-side down to who? The plane or you? I wasn't opposed, I stated that because of the earths principal of gravity and the illusion of a curve to be straight cause the optical sensors to see the plane as upside down. But the plane would say it's right side up. So it's all in concordance to who see's the plane. Here's a better example.
The sun appears to come out of the earthin the morning but go back in at night. When in fact the sun comes from the side. But because of your "up-side down" theory we see the sun as coming up.

jaden101
this is like pulling teeth

you are standing on the floor looking at the ball with the plane stuck to the bottom of it...hence the plane appears upside down

imagine looking at the ball while standing on the ceiling...

the plane would look like it was on the top of the ball

because space has no up or down then the position of objects on the planets surface are all just relative to the angle you are looking at them from

AOR
It's not difficult to explain, just hard to understand. Because it can't be said, it can only be shown. Throwing the ball is another good example. But the only reason why it seems upside down, and I failed to mention this before, is because of our own eye sight. Because our vision is straight, and not curved like that of the earth, we see the plane as upside down. I'll see If I can get a picture I did up and running...

AOR
this should help

Hit_and_Miss
Don't believe them North star... There lying... they all believe the brain washing the govenment did....

For the truth go there...
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

Once you realise The truth... as it easy to understand...
Become a member...
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm
The proof page clearly shows why the earth is flat... All those points are washed over by scientists paid by the govenment...

I am joking... but the site isn't LOL

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Don't believe them North star... There lying... they all believe the brain washing the govenment did....

For the truth go there...
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/fe-scidi.htm

Once you realise The truth... as it easy to understand...
Become a member...
http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm
The proof page clearly shows why the earth is flat... All those points are washed over by scientists paid by the govenment...
I am joking... but the site isn't LOL

lol

What, is this a joke intended to make me laugh? Cause if it is, it worked.

Your offered piece attached to your provided link was more humerous & amusing than it was non-sensical.

The Earth is clearly the shape of a sphere and not flat. You're late, it's only been, oh 555 years since such a foolish assumption was discredited.

The concept of your offered piece on the shape of the Earth, was flat (no pun intended). On the other hand there is spacial photographic proof the the Earth is in the shape of a Sphere, and not flat.

And how do you explain sunrises and sets on our "flat" wolrd? Does our Sun run underneath our table-like planet? Or do we spin over and under then back up, lol. You, the scientists who wrote the non-sense you gave me to read and their outlandish theories have no basis and that ontop of that fact that your relying on theory (guesses, basically) whilst I'm relying on evidencial proof, fact. But we digress.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AOR
this should help

Aaand,..what do I do with this picture?

Is that an upside down plane?

Underneath a sphere, ok? That's what I was describing..

Hit_and_Miss
I clearly said in the spoiler I was joking... But the question your bringing up falls into the proof on the one site...

KharmaDog
I can only believe that this is a joke. Anyone with the ability to sit down and type a coherent sentence on a keyboard had to at one time frequent a school, and that school hat to teach them the basic concepts of gravity.

If this isn't a joke...then we are all doomed.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I clearly said in the spoiler I was joking... But the question your bringing up falls into the proof on the one site...

Just as clearly as you said, on that same spoiler that the "site isn't", which is what I was refering to..

debbiejo
We are doomed...not much critical thinking being done in schools to day. wink

People are taught what to think...not how to think....and how to think from different views.

FistOfThe North
We are doomed...not much critical thinking being done in schools to day. wink

People are taught what to think...not how to think....and how to think from different views.

lol, excuse me?

I don't know if you were referring to me, but if you are.

Are you insinuating I was under-taught in school and am not a critical thinker because i'm not accepting his or the dead scientific belifs the writers of that piece, were blurting out?

Then I apoligize for not being foolish, lol

AOR

KidRock
Originally posted by jaden101
everything has a gravitational force

Are you sure about that? What about in space.

AOR
Originally posted by KidRock

Well following the theory of "The big crunch" there is some cosmetic pull that is bringing the universe together. Also known as the "Omega Point".

This term is used by Tulane University professor of mathematics and physics Frank J. Tipler to describe a hypothetical cosmological scenario in the far future of the Universe. According to the omega point theory, as the Universe comes to an end in a Big Crunch, the computational capacity of the Universe is capable of increasing at a sufficient rate that this computation rate is accelerating exponentially faster than time runs out. In principle, a simulation run on this Universe-computer can thus continue forever in its own terms, even though the external Universe lasts only a finite time. This theory assumes that certain cosmological variables prove that the universe will eventually contract, and that there will be intelligent civilizations in existence at the appropriate time to exploit the computational capacity of such an environment.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by AOR
Well following the theory of "The big crunch" there is some cosmetic pull that is bringing the universe together. Also known as the "Omega Point".

This term is used by Tulane University professor of mathematics and physics Frank J. Tipler to describe a hypothetical cosmological scenario in the far future of the Universe. According to the omega point theory, as the Universe comes to an end in a Big Crunch, the computational capacity of the Universe is capable of increasing at a sufficient rate that this computation rate is accelerating exponentially faster than time runs out. In principle, a simulation run on this Universe-computer can thus continue forever in its own terms, even though the external Universe lasts only a finite time. This theory assumes that certain cosmological variables prove that the universe will eventually contract, and that there will be intelligent civilizations in existence at the appropriate time to exploit the computational capacity of such an environment.

Interesting. And conceptual, to say the least, but I don't go by forseen (or in this case, unforseen) theory. Space is probably the most mysteriously spontaneous natural element known that even theories, which are practically inteligent guesses, cannot uncover answers from, in my opinion.

AOR
Interesting. And conceptual, to say the least, but I don't go by forseen (or in this case, unforseen) theory. Space is probably the most mysteriously spontaneous natural element known that even theories, which are practically inteligent guesses, cannot uncover answers from, in my opinion.

So I'm guessing this shift of topic must mean that you have understood my explanations and thus your querry is settled?

Lana

Objects in space still have a gravitational pull -- the term 'zero gravity' is misleading as there is always gravity - just not necessarily the same amount as on earth.

It's very simple. Down is towards the core of the Earth (or if you were on the moon, it'd be towards the core of the moon, etc). If you were to stick two little toy cars on a globe, say, one on the south pole and the other on New York, it'd look like the one on the south pole was upside down. But turn the globe over, and it'd be the other way around.

PVS
Still don't get it.

our perception of 'down' is the draw we feel toward the earth's center.
thats what 'up' and 'down' in you're equilibrium is based on...its called gravity.

i cant believe this is even debatable blink

GCG
When i was a kid, i used to think that the Nile was just the sea flowing inland towards the mountains. laughing out loud

http://www.thewaterpage.com/images/nilebasin.gif

Ushgarak

Still don't get it.

You're not paying attention.

"You wrote: "It would be grounded the right way up on the ball- wheels touching the surface, just as it would anywhere." No it wouldn't. Not if it's up-side down."

No! It's only upside down according to you. Forget about you and view everything from the point of view of the basketball- forget that you and the basketball are on the REAL Earth inside the real Earth's gravity and pretend the basketball is in space. Up and down are calibrated from the centre of the basketball. 'Down' is towards the centre, 'up' is away from it.

Hence, a toy plane on the 'bottom' (from your view) of the basketball is just as much the right way up on the basketball as one on the 'top'. They are both wheels on the surface, being pulled towards the centre of the ball, and hence towwards the surface, which to both planes would be 'down'.

So your mistake is to be using your own personal feel for up and down when looking at the plane and relate it to whether the plane is the right way up or not.

"Imagine being in space flying towards Earth, towards the under-side of the globe, then landing. You'd land right-side up but how can that be. "

Assuming that you define the underside as the one that looks lowest to you when you approach the Earth- because, of course, you could approach the Earth, in space, from any damn angle you liked, as there is no central reference for up and down there- then if you deliberately headed for what you saw as the underside, unless you turned your ship over you wouldn't land the right way up at all. You would come into the atmosphere upside down and you would very quickly feel gravity pulling yourself towards the top of your ship and it would soon be exactly as if you had just inverted an aeroplane in the air.

The answers you are getting are perfectly logical; you just need to look at them properly. Your very question shows the problem you are having- why is the South Pole any different to any other part of the p;anet? It's all the same.

Ushgarak
Meanwhile, debbie- the essence of navigation- starting with the stars, and eventually moving on to the operations of compasses- all contribute towards everyone having developed a universal sense of North, which we naturally associate with 'up'.

Sir Whirlysplat
THIS THREAD HAS BECOME SCARY AND STRANGE, JADE, USH AND I ANSWERED IT IN THE FIRST THREE POSTS - IT IS NOW THREE PAGES LONG - INSANE sad

Ushgarak
I got the feeling that he needed it all in one post. My point about the relativity of his viewpoint I thought went well with comments like yourss already made, but he seems to see them in isolation instead.

Sir Whirlysplat
I got the feeling that he needed it all in one post. My point about the relativity of his viewpoint I thought went well with comments like yourss already made, but he seems to see them in isolation instead.

perhaps, I still find it scary though Ush.

jaden101

what about in space...what do you think keeps the planets moving around the sun?

the moon moving around the earth?

entire galaxies spinning around a centre?

the tracjectory of comets?

all of it is because of gravitational forces

Victor Von Doom
Tragic.

Isn't this the sort of thing you wonder when you are about 4 years old?

Wonderer
Any good air plane pilot would never fly upside down when it wants to land the plane...what kind of a question is this?

FistOfThe North
Ok, Ush. I think you've somewhat cleared it up a for me now. Let me offer my interpretation of what I read what you wrote to see if im correctly understanding what you wrote:

There is no up and down in terms of the planet's sphere. Down is the towards planet's core and up is anywhere on the planet's surface.

Ok, so if, from space, I flew into the direction of the underside of the planet where eventually the planet was under me., I would enter the atmosphere as normally as anywhere else on the planet because somehow gravity would tell my mind and body that my plane is right-side up. But what I dont get is the physical position of the plane itself at the point of entry. Does the plane have to shift in accordance to the gravity.... I would enter Earth and then 'Id manuver my ship.....

lol you know what forget it, Ush. Just close this thread already.

I'm just asking to be flammed ain't I, lol

I'm done.

Ushgarak
Like I said, if you deliberately aimed for what you saw as the undersaide of the planet... then no, you would 't suddenly flip over, you would enter the atmosphere with the ground- and gravity- above you, exactly as if you were in an aeroplane and torlled it over onto its back. You would be upside down.

You wouldn't have been feeling any gravity at all in space, but when you entered into the planet, you would feel gravity pulling what to your mind would be up[wards. Soon your natural sense of balance would assert itself and you would have no difficulty in realising that you are flying upside down.

debbiejo
Meanwhile, debbie- the essence of navigation- starting with the stars, and eventually moving on to the operations of compasses- all contribute towards everyone having developed a universal sense of North, which we naturally associate with 'up'. Yes, I know....But I had a lot of turkey last night....It was a triptophan thing on my brain.....laughing out loud

But I always wondered if people who lived way down near the south pole had their globes turned upside down.....I just think differently...

I look things a little differently as you know sometimes... big grin

FistOfThe North
Like I said, if you deliberately aimed for what you saw as the undersaide of the planet... then no, you would 't suddenly flip over, you would enter the atmosphere with the ground- and gravity- above you, exactly as if you were in an aeroplane and torlled it over onto its back. You would be upside down.

You wouldn't have been feeling any gravity at all in space, but when you entered into the planet, you would feel gravity pulling what to your mind would be up

So then you would have to manuver your ship rightside up then.

So inside on Earth, lets say the underside, your plane would be right side up to you, the pilot. but if seen from space, the plane would be seen as upside down.

I rememeber the scene in "Star Wars Ep. II-AOTC" during the beginning of the movie, and right after the crawl, Queen Amidala and her ship and crew entered Coruscant through the underside of the city-planet and the ship had to flip upside down to enter because entering the way the ship was, which was flying rightside up to us, in space, would've ended up upside down in the planet. I see now. Gravity takes care of it all I guess.

Right?

Alpha Centauri
What the hell? Just seriously.

Why is anyone doing humanity the injustice of trying to explain to someone why, if you fly around the Earth, you won't end up upside down?

Just asking.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
What the hell? Just seriously.

Why is anyone doing humanity the injustice of trying to explain to someone why, if you fly around the Earth, you won't end up upside down?

Just asking.

-AC

Because we care enough about others to wish to educate them smile

Alpha Centauri
Well considering you have to be over 13 to join and he's still asking about how basic gravity works, by saying "If a plane flies around the world does it end up upseide down", does he deserve responses?

Just curious.

-AC

jaden101
merely trying to educate the tards...and failing miserabley i'll admit...

Alpha Centauri
I always believed 'Tards didn't deserve it. Of this level and age at least.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
I always believed 'Tards didn't deserve it. Of this level and age at least.

-AC

Everyone deserves an education its a basic right - the failiure of some early on does not mean their attempts at self improvement should be thwarted by elitism. wink

Asking Why is the first step to wisdom AC.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Everyone deserves an education its a basic right - the failiure of some early on does not mean their attempts at self improvement should be thwarted by elitism. wink

Asking Why is the first step to wisdom AC. thumbsup

Sir Whirlysplat
thumbsup

thank you Bebbie smile

debbiejo
thank you Bebbie smile

Enunciate..."D" "D".....debbiejo....., princess smile

Alpha Centauri

Asking Why is the first step to wisdom AC.

The man is asking if a plane will end up upside down if it flies around the Earth.

What more is there to say?

-AC

FistOfThe North
Well considering you have to be over 13 to join and he's still asking about how basic gravity works, by saying "If a plane flies around the world does it end up upseide down", does he deserve responses?

Just curious.

-AC

Do you even deserve to be on this thread by saying that my thread question is "If a plane flies around the world does it end up upseide down?" Unless you're dyslexic or illiterate, then you can post cause it's not your fault, see.

Just curious.

cool

Alpha Centauri
Do you even deserve to be on this thread by saying that my thread question is "If a plane flies around the world does it end up upseide down?" Unless you're dyslexic or illiterate, then you can post cause it's not your fault, see.

Just curious.

cool

I paraphrased. I realised you're (hopefully) not dumb enough to say that.

You're obviously over 14 and you're asking, in a very confused manner, stuff that you should have known at 8. Continually not getting it.

-AC

FistOfThe North
I paraphrased. I realised you're (hopefully) not dumb enough to say that.

You're obviously over 14 and you're asking, in a very confused manner, stuff that you should have known at 8. Continually not getting it.

-AC

I guess at 8 i should've known about my thread question but I gave 2 furry rats nuts to care about what the answer was, lol. I was too busy chasing girls and playing "Altered Beast" on Sega Genesis. It's why i'm not continually getting it, I guess lol.

Know what the funny thing is though, AC? I still chase girls and play video games and still don't get it, lol.

And you used the word "hopefully" wrong.

Alpha Centauri
I guess at 8 i should've known about my thread question but I gave 2 furry rats nuts to care about what the answer was, lol. I was too busy chasing girls and playing "Altered Beast" on Sega Genesis. It's why i'm not continually getting it, I guess lol.

Know what the funny thing is though, AC? I still chase girls and play video games and still don't get it, lol.

And you used the word "hopefully" wrong.

And you used capitalisation wrong, actually...you barely used it. So I'll call a spade, a spade wink.

I do believe that regardless of paying attention, you should know how gravity works though.

-AC

FistOfThe North
And you used capitalisation wrong, actually...you barely used it. So I'll call a spade, a spade wink.

I do believe that regardless of paying attention, you should know how gravity works though.

-AC

lol and you misspelled "capitalisation" wrong unless your in England.

And what did I miscapitalized besides a couple of "I's"

Look, i'm not dumb, i know about gravity, lol. I just didn't know the answer to my question, thats all simply.

Wow. I don't know the answer to a question and I'm stupid idiot because it, lol.

I love it. And this forum and "Altered Beast"..(still)

cool

Alpha Centauri
lol and you misspelled "capitalisation" wrong unless your in England.

And what did I miscapitalized besides a couple of "I's"

It's correct, even if you're not in England. Hence why it's called the English language. Americans can't handle non-literal spellings you see wink.

Wow. I don't know the answer to a question and I'm stupid idiot because it, lol.

I love it. And this forum and "Altered Beast"..(still)

cool

Well, yeah. I'm not having a pop but it's genuinely frightening you don't know that which you asked.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Well, yeah. I'm not having a pop but it's genuinely frightening you don't know that which you asked.

-AC

It's genuinly frightening to not know the answer to a question asked..

Hm..*guess ill just level with him*

umm...A head weighs 8 pounds..

big grin

Capt_Fantastic
Why would a plane land upside down? The Earth is flat.

Hit_and_Miss
/\/\ exactly! I tried to tell them that! laughing

Trickster
Sometimes I seriously wonder if a ban on certain people using computers would be a good thing. Seriously I do.

Scary mentality, or lack thereof, sometimes.

How many people on this forum believe that if you dug through the Earth you'd come out the otherside with your head touching the floor? I am now of the belief that someone must, surely.

-AC

If it was possible to do that - as in, you wouldn't die when you got to the centre - would you just stuck in the centre? Because, if the centre of the world was hollowed out, where would the floor be?

Would it be like the inside of a ball? So you walked around it?

Snoopbert
It's correct, even if you're not in England. Hence why it's called the English language. Americans can't handle non-literal spellings you see wink.

-AC

It's spelled with a Z or S in America, one of those "Common Spelling Mistakes" that are done so frequently it just becomes natural.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Why would a plane land upside down? The Earth is flat.

Then the other underside must be kinda dark......We'd fall off.

Hit_and_Miss
Originally posted by Trickster
If it was possible to do that - as in, you wouldn't die when you got to the centre - would you just stuck in the centre? Because, if the centre of the world was hollowed out, where would the floor be?

Would it be like the inside of a ball? So you walked around it?

If you hollowed it out it would lose its gravitational effect... You would die..
if you didn't hollow it out you might strugle getting more then 70 miles in... something about a molten core.... not too sure about the reasons though.. just "fire is bad, it burn you up good"

FistOfThe North
Then the other underside must be kinda dark......We'd fall off.

Gravity won't allow for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.