December Debate Poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RoguePw25
Muchos apologies for missing Novembers debate guys! I'm not sure where Phoe is but school's been crazy, but to make it up to ya, we're going to have a special activity here. But here is the nominations for the December debate, happy voting!

Here is Ush's idea for a debate, I couldn't get a question out of it. So here is his explaination:

Originally posted by Ushgarak
I think a but of 'meta-debate' would be nice. Rather than arguing out a plot-based subject- nwhich is turning up pretty thin lately- a debate about the process behind the plot.

For example, I think it would be interesting to discuss if Rowling made a mistake in the whole 'Snap kills Dumbledore' thing. The dramatic advantages are obvious- but hasn't she rather painted herself into a corner? Debate about Snape is now so rampant, and everyone so set into one camp or the other... but there is no hidden 'third' option; either Snape is on one side or the other (at least when he killed DD, anyway), and inevitably people are going to be disappoitned either way.

I worry she has set up a payoff here that she will never be able to deliver.

I really like it! This leaves the door opened to a variety of topics for us to debate about. You could talk about Snape and what JK did with him, Dumbeldore's death or book 6 overall. Do you think the payoff for Book 7 will deliver?

Happy voting!

Barker
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Muchos apologies for missing Novembers debate guys! I'm not sure where Phoe is but school's been crazy, but to make it up to ya, we're going to have a special activity here. But here is the nominations for the December debate, happy voting!

Here is Ush's idea for a debate, I couldn't get a question out of it. So here is his explaination:

I really like it! This leaves the door opened to a variety of topics for us to debate about. You could talk about Snape and what JK did with him, Dumbeldore's death or book 6 overall. Do you think the payoff for Book 7 will deliver?

Happy voting!
Voted Ush's Idea. eek!

scurran
hey my suggestion made it in to the poll,cool

(Its the harrys army idea!)

personally i think the dumbledores horcrux theory should be up there

Princess Lyla
I support Ush's idea aswell

Makae
Me too. It sounds interesting.

Ushgarak
Hmm, who to vote for...

scurran
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Hmm, who to vote for...

so what are your views on snape anyway id love to know

nastyyy
Is a traitor among the friends confused

Saratn
snape is an evil git who is innocent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.