CW GG vs. ROTS Obi-wan and ROTS Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luke Is Better
my 3 most favorite characters in all of star wars heads to head what do you think

Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan and Anakin, of course.

Please, think about the thread before you make it.

Darth_Glentract
CW GG for sure. It'd be a bit of a tough fight, but they would still win.

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Obi-Wan and Anakin, of course.

Please, think about the thread before you make it.

Actually Grievous since hes a clone wars GG. After all, Clone Wars characters are overpowered F#cked. ROTS...no.

Luke Is Better
thats what i was going to say the CW GG is way stronger than the ROTS. He had his chest crushed for gods sake but during the bulk of the war he was the most terrifying thing to the jedi. but i do think that Obi-wan and Anakin take this but now by much and Anakin might die

overlord
Obi Wan is almost undefeatable with his defense and with Anakin as major offensive partner they would destroy Grievous even without needing a gun this time.

Darth Faunus
Everyone save for overlord:

There is no difference between Grievous in CW and Grievous in ROTS. Stop trying to infuse characters with powers they don't have. CW or not, Grievous would get decimated here.

Darth Avis
GG relies on fear and intimidation. that is how he won in chapter 20. without those two things he is the same as ROTS. he is weak.

kamikz
Ok now I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong so please don't bash me, I just want an answere.
When GG fought those jedi in the cartoons he jumped on them, sure, but later they we're the once attacking while he was defending, then making a spin and took them out 1 and 1. Please tell me what you mean by fear and intimidation cause I saw them all attacking and Ki-Adi didn't look scared at all.

Luke Is Better
how is he still the same person. he got his whole chest smashed in after something like that you can't just get up and be the same person

darthsith19
By CW Grievous you mean over powered, unrealistic Grievous. Well, I think probably the duo then. But it'd be close.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Luke Is Better
how is he still the same person. he got his whole chest smashed in after something like that you can't just get up and be the same person READ LOE. his chest wasn't crushed! THAT IS NOT CANON!!! Lucus said it is, but LOE, the true prequel to ROTS, says it isn't. It never happened. GG wasn't overpowered either. Please read LOE!

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Everyone save for overlord:

There is no difference between Grievous in CW and Grievous in ROTS. Stop trying to infuse characters with powers they don't have. CW or not, Grievous would get decimated here.

Sorry, you can't win this one. The official site claims that in the Clone Wars Microseries both the powers of Mace Windu and General Grievous were hugely exaggerated.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Avis
READ LOE. his chest wasn't crushed! THAT IS NOT CANON!!! Lucus said it is, but LOE, the true prequel to ROTS, says it isn't. It never happened. GG wasn't overpowered either. Please read LOE!
No, GL said it didn't happen. He said he made Grievous cough to show the audience that Grievous wasn't a droid.

Darth Avis
just because SW.com claims it doesn't mean it is true. GG had fear and intimidation. He broke them before battling them. if you were scared out of your ass you would lose very badly as well.

Darth Avis
Originally posted by darthsith19
No, GL said it didn't happen. He said he made Grievous cough to show the audience that Grievous wasn't a droid. WHAT?

Luke Is Better
thats probably the dumbest thing you could have said "just because SW.com says it doesn't mean it's true." then what's a reliable source if we can't trust GL and his own site then there is no reason to even be talking about star wars

Darth Avis
it says that shaak ti helped the 2 jedi to defend the palpatine when for real there were 4 jedi knights that got masacured. READ LOE.

darthsith19
it says that shaak ti helped the 2 jedi to defend the palpatine when for real there were 4 jedi knights that got masacured. READ LOE.
Wasn't it her, Mace and Kit? And yeah, this isn't databank stuff. This was in an article. Besides, you saw the Microseries. It's pretty basic knowledge.

Se7in
CW means Clone Wars miniseries version, which is ridiculously overpowered. CW GG takes this.

Darth Traya
The duo win. Obi Wan pretty much curbstomped Grievous in combat, add Anakin in and it's overkill.

Se7in
Did you not read the title? This is CW GG, not regular Clone Wars, but the cartoon version. He can outrun chain guns and the blasts from Republic Dropships. He can kill 2 Red Guards, 1 Blue Guard, and 10 Clones by himself in Palps office. He can slaughter Jedi like they're nothing. The duo loses easily.

Darth Avis
ROTS GG can do that. They are the same. the guards are nothing at all. as are the troopers. He killed the jedi because he had fear and intimidation. Read LOE. everything is there. And SW.com isn't god. someone wrote it. no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. 1 mistake is writing that CW GG is overpowered. another is not reading LOE to get what really happened to GG's power. NOTHING! Clone wars and ROTS and LOE and every other GG is the same.

Oh yea in LOE there was the 2 jedi from CW (not shaak ti) and 2 other jedi who where defending palpatine that GG masacured. And badly too. then he killed 3 red guards like a hot knife cutting butter. Mace and Kit were fighting the droids and shaak ti and adi got there too late to fight GG.

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Luke Is Better
thats what i was going to say the CW GG is way stronger than the ROTS. He had his chest crushed for gods sake but during the bulk of the war he was the most terrifying thing to the jedi. but i do think that Obi-wan and Anakin take this but now by much and Anakin might die
Plus the cartoon over powers every single person with a lightsaber

Darth Avis
not GG.

Se7in
No, there is a difference, the same difference between CW Mace and ROTS Mace.

CW Mace:
- Can punch through durasteel
- Dodge bullets
- Defeat armies while unarmed
- Can jump to the peaks of mountains in a single bound
- Can Force Push entire battalions

ROTS Mace and do none of these things, if he could, he could've saved Obi and Anakin by himself.

CW Grievous is MUCH stronger than ROTS Grievous, and I say this not because of the Force crushing of his chest, but how he is portrayed. That whole Force crush thing had nothing to do with his skill. If you can't see this, you need help.

Darth Avis
no. god where are you faunus? where are you janus? illustrious? once again the only reason GG beat the 5 jedi was because they were scared watch this
http://media.putfile.com/Set-Me-Free

look at there faces. petrified. they were scared so bad. that is why GG won. GG f#ckin' crushed the jedis face with his foot. the jedi was charging him when GG grabbed his face and smacked it onto the ground. Now what jedi that is totally self-confident would get his face crushed like that?

Darth Faunus
no. god where are you faunus?

Right here. wink

Darth Avis
some help please. talk some sense into these people.

Se7in
What sense? It's a fact every character in CW is stronger or at least different than their movie counterpart.

Darth Faunus
Not necessarily. Mace Windu lands six blows on Kor Vastor in the blink of an eye in Shatterpoint. I don't see why he couldn't dent or damage a droid's thin carapace with blows as fast or powerful as that.

And why is Force pushing a few dozen droids 'over-powered'? If Mace can empower himself with force energies to such a degree that he can render entire tanks useless armed with a lightsaber, why wouldn't he be able to expel that energy into a powerful Force push?

Granted, the characters are exaggerated. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to do what they have. Obi-Wan defeats fifty super battle-droids single-handedly in LOE by deflecting their blaster-fire back at them. While drunk, in a sense.

I don't find it impossible to believe that Grievous would be incapable of defeating five exhausted, terrified Jedi.

Darth Avis
i finished LOE yesterday. good book.

Council#13
Clone Wars Grievous without a doubt

Darth Avis
Originally posted by Council#13
Clone Wars Grievous without a doubt READ THE OTHER POSTS!!!

Ianus
Ridiculously exaggerated. The guy who made SAMURAI JACK made the cartoon, people. If you are trying to argue anything other than the storyline of the CW cartoons you should be beaten with a stick. They're inconsistant with the novels and movies and thus the action sequences of CW cartoons do NOT fit into the EU continuity.

Darth Avis
so this thread is garbage?

Ianus
Rubbish.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.