LOTR sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adamwankenobi
LOTR sucks.

the.shape
1... 2... 3...4... 5...

No, Freddy's not coming for anyone but you will probably be beaten to death by tousands of LOTR fanatics.

Personally, I'm with you on this one. smile

Adamwankenobi
Star Wars will always be king.

Mandos
As a big Lotr fan, I will be representing all of them in this post. No one will reply to this thread except this post and it's going to go down and eventually come out of the front page. yes I hope you did not want to stay in this forum because now we won't talk to you.

(I'm also a big star wars fan, but SW is no match for Tolkien's work, including silmarillon, unfinished tales, lotr and the hobbit. You probably didn't read them, so before posting here again, please do) wink

I'm finished now. Good day to you.

Shadow x 20
I wish to add something.

You can say what you want about LotR because that is what you think (but I guess this would come out from someone like you). I shall respect that and will not bash but do not say SW is king for others will speak differently about it. Tolkien was a brilliant man that spent his entire life on LotR (since he was a kid to his dieing death) and thousands (more like millions) love his works. In fact during the 20th cen. the LotR was the second most read book (second only to the Bible). So please do not waste space here on the LotR forum for we do not waste space on the SW forum.

Thank you

Adamwankenobi
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
I wish to add something.

You can say what you want about LotR because that is what you think (but I guess this would come out from someone like you)
Thank you

How the hell do you even know me?!?

Spearhead
The point of this thread is?

You have no reasons at all to back up this argument. How 'bout I make a generic, random insult to a certain section and see what happens?

Normally, when someone makes such a retarded claim, they have some sort of evidence to back it up. Kindly do not present your opinion as fact.

GCG
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
LOTR sucks.

Go home

DanielLB
I respect you opinion on 'LOTR sucks' but like Mandos said, you obviously havent read the books and SW is no match for Tolkiens literature! SW is mostly computer generated and there are no books at all!

Next time, please think before you post a thread like this

Spearhead
Well, there are SW books...stick out tongue

Murray
LOTR sucks.

Then get the F*CK OUTTA HERE, DUSCH BAG!!!

Shadow x 20
Originally posted by Spearhead
Well, there are SW books...stick out tongue

That people (not GL) write because they can't think up their own story and plots.

Rapscallion
LOTR sucks.

Lets see. which is better the film that tied the record for most oscar wins in a year, or the biggest most dissapointing bust in the history of cinema? Don't get me wrong, I loved the old one. though they don't stand up to the Lord of the Rings. It's the

I think you will find that the LOTR is more successful than SW in every aspect imaginable. Financially more successful, it won more oscars, and has a bigger more loyal and less moronic fanbase.

Furthermore, George Lucas got most of the themes for his screenplay from theLOTR( A young unlikely hero comes of age and realises that he, and he alone can defeat a seemingly unbeatable foe. Can you tell which story I just summarized?). Visually the LOTR is more colorfull and detailed the music is much more complex (although the score in SW is very good, it's very simple and not even close to LOTR). The acting is infinitely better.

So have fun watching cartoon characters like Jarjar Binks (quite possibly the most irritating character in the history of ANYTHING EVER!!) while we enjoy the hauntingly realistic Gollum chew scenery in the first genuine digital performance in history in what is without question the definitive adventure film of all time.

wow you sure are cool.

Shadow x 20
Wait wait. Plus all you hear people say is that the PT is this big disappointment while you hear people say that the LotR kept getting better.

The Ones
LOTR sucks.

Prove It!

Ushgarak
Obviously not a constructive thread so I shall close...

... but I think Rapscallion needs reminding that Star Wars is the second most successful film in the US of all time (just under Gone with the Wind), whereas the best LOTR film is 48th (landing it considerably below The Phantom Menace, which is 19th), so trying to claim that LOTR is more successful on all fronts is a bit of a bust I am afraid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.