Trouble & Strife Vs. The Joy Of Life...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The troubles we experience in life are many, but the joys deserve to be beheld. In the due course of all things, we will experience ups, downs, lefts, rights and all arounds, but how we cope with these determines the 'quality' of our lives.

Sometimes bad things happen, but what-ya-gonna-do? Sulk like you're the only one in the world with a problem, or reason with the failure/disappointment/loss?

I may not be a fundamentalist man, but I got principles and I gots me some faith; Principles that I don't feel like comprimisng on, and faith that bad things will pass and the good will out.

I always try to qualify a loss by referring it to a gain, this way the bitter pill can be dissolved by a greater good. Failure can be attributed to part of a learning curve, and disappointment can be neutralised by aiming at future goals.

This is the way I think about funk'd-up thangs, but wot-abou-choo?

KharmaDog
Basically the "do you see the cup half-full or the cup half-empty" debate.

I've had to deal with some serious crap in the last 10 years, but I think you have to give yourself time to sulk or be pissed off, then leave it behind. I see too many people who cling to bad experiences and blame every facet of their life that is wrong on them. They use it as a crutch, conversely, they are never happy(or never seem to be).

As you get older you should develope the tools to 'get on with your life'. I've seen people complain about in life and in this forum about having dyslexia and that is the reason they did bad in school, that they can't communicate, that they can't type a coherent sentence, that they quit school, etc. I am a severe dyslexic, yet it has not held me back in anyway (yes when I was younger, but I learned to cope and got over it).

There are people who are dealt the sh*ttiet cards in life, but they manage, or they try to see the good. Other people use the same experiences to see the bad.

I will stop rambling now.

Alpha Centauri
Some people just have that natural ability to cope, some don't. Some purposefully don't, some forcefully move on. Neither the latter or former are good really.

I think you have to progress however feels right while AIMING to get over the fence of problems. It doesn't help to be depressed but better out than in really.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Without bad there is no good.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
True, but dwelling on the bad does not make the good any better. Everyone has a bad experience from time to time, but it's getting over it that maketh the man/woman. I think this is what age gives you - an ability to compare things in a rational way. Like Kharma said, you develop the tools for living. Everyone needs to find their own way of doing this, but the basic need is essential to all.

It's important to lighten up the dark with a little glittering perspective.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah. I was just pointing out that without the perspective, everything is lukewarm.

Inspectah Deck
Everything on Earth is balanced. For example without taxes, there might be enough schools to teach our furture doctors. So, I guess life is a series of ups 'n' downs angel

silver_tears
My life philosophy is if you think your life is shit it will be. So whenever I have a bad day I look on the bright side, could be much worse, and the longer I pity myself the worse it'll feel.

Fëanor
personally i think the "bad" things in life is what defines a person. without it he/she becomes this rather boring person who's outlook on life is tainted by rose coloured lenses. always happy and chipper. beware the person that constantly smiles for what lies beneath it is not always honest and pure. while perpetual sadness and the supposed "bad" things can be an irritation to the one who must suffer it, e.g. friends and family...the real joy in that is saying to that person is, "enjoy it while lasts, for when you're happy you're doomed to repeat it!"

a flawed logic i know...but then what logic isn't?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.