Peace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonderer
I see so many angry and aggressive people in the forums of KMC. The world is worse off because of such people in society.

I don't want to judge you angry folk, but simply point out the fact that anger and aggression does not promote your own wellbeing as an individual, nor does it promote the wellbeing of society.

Just try for one day in your life to only think positive thoughts, to only utter good words, not to judge other opinions than your own as wrong, to send out vibrations of kindness, respect and love, rather than hatred and fear.

Remember, to be angry is like holding on to a hot coal in your bare hands: you are the one getting burned.

Happiness and wellness to everyone.

Alpha Centauri
Anger isn't a bad thing. It can often be very constructive. I think you're confusing anger with hatred.

-AC

Wonderer
No, anger is not constructive, at least not as constructive as calm, rational thoughts, because anger clouds the mind, therefor acting as an impediment to progress and efficacy. Also anger is dangerous, as it may lead to hatred.

Wonderer
Who do you think will come up with the best solution for a problem: an angry person, or a calm, rational and focussed person?

GCG
Piss off ! mad

stick out tongue

Wonderer
Originally posted by GCG
Piss off ! mad

stick out tongue

You people contribute to the violence in society. But remember, your bad karma will get you one day.

GCG
1) Didnt you say you dont want to judge ? So how do you think you can possibly do so without even knowing me.

2) You cant tell that i was merely joking.

3) I suggest you speak to Whirlysplatt, who likes peacekeeping a lot. He is a member on KMC. smile

Wonderer
If you are joking, then indicate so - many bad things have happened in the past, due to people making jokes, and others not knowing it. Sorry if I judged you, I'm only human. yes

GCG
erm

Wonderer
rock

All I'm saying is, rock the world with love, respect and sensible jokes, nothing else.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Wonderer
No, anger is not constructive, at least not as constructive as calm, rational thoughts, because anger clouds the mind, therefor acting as an impediment to progress and efficacy. Also anger is dangerous, as it may lead to hatred.

Saying anger is not as constructive as calm is not only frighteningly silly but missing my point.

I said it's constructive, which it can be. A lot of the best music, visual art or film is made through anger.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Anger can and is a valuable commodity.

Without it, many, many huge moments in human history would not have occurred.

It can also be misused.

Being angry does not necessarily mean being irrational.

Wonderer
You guys are missing the point: angry artists, musicians, etc. does not make the world a better place, nor do they contribute to a charitable society. Anger is not good, as it promotes suffering. It depends on how you see it though...all relative. But do yourselves a favour and read the writings of Buddha, who is and was seen as the greatest man ever, by Einstein, writers like Ralph Waldo Emmerson and H.G Wells, and many other great historical figures.

debbiejo
I see so many angry and aggressive people in the forums of KMC. The world is worse off because of such people in society.

I don't want to judge you angry folk, but simply point out the fact that anger and aggression does not promote your own wellbeing as an individual, nor does it promote the wellbeing of society.

Just try for one day in your life to only think positive thoughts, to only utter good words, not to judge other opinions than your own as wrong, to send out vibrations of kindness, respect and love, rather than hatred and fear.

Remember, to be angry is like holding on to a hot coal in your bare hands: you are the one getting burned.

I have to agree with you wonderer.

I see much of the world as an angry and negative place..quite selfish..not trying to see the others views, closed minded, stubborn..Much of it, I feel it could be contributed to the stuffing down of politics which is really what our school systems really teach, not wisdom.....Our history books are all bias to defind the wrongs that we as nations have done...like Hiroshima..etc.....Many parents do the same thing. They say they want their children to think, but really what they mean is that they want them think like they do, when children start using their own little brains and challenging society, becoming rebelious, many times it's because they are seeing thing how they really are and become angry because they are not being heard...

The boards are just part of what the world has created...there are many types of personalities and biases here.

Many people have not yet learned that anger long hurts yourself...really does...It attracts the like of...It's the law of attraction again...you attract what you are...seen it happen a lot with people I've seen and know.

Victor Von Doom
If it were not for anger, there would be a lot more suffering.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by debbiejo

I see much of the world as an angry and negative place..quite selfish..not trying to see the others views, closed minded, stubborn

None of those are linked with anger per se, they are just possible bedfellows.

KharmaDog
The problem is people are associating anger with negativity.

If one is angered by injustice into action to against that injustice, do you still think that that expression of anger was negative?

Alpha Centauri
You guys are missing the point: angry artists, musicians, etc. does not make the world a better place, nor do they contribute to a charitable society. Anger is not good, as it promotes suffering. It depends on how you see it though...all relative. But do yourselves a favour and read the writings of Buddha, who is and was seen as the greatest man ever, by Einstein, writers like Ralph Waldo Emmerson and H.G Wells, and many other great historical figures.

Artists do NOT contribute to society?

Where are you from? Not Earth I bet. Because you are talking as if you don't know what society is, which is true. I don't think you have experienced much of society.

-AC

debbiejo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
If it were not for anger, there would be a lot more suffering. I don't agree....If people saw that we are all one entity, then there would be more compassion...but people don't see themselves they way...they see themselves as separate and have to oppose each other.

Everything is connected as taught in quantum physics..and Metaphysical studies....when one part hurts, it affects the other parts....it's only one of the laws...Ripple effect.

Victor Von Doom
I don't agree

That's encouraging.

Alpha Centauri
You never cease to amaze me, in the worst way.

If someone is suffering in Japan, it doesn't bother or affect me in any way. I find the singular consciousness and the concept of us being eternal in spirit to be not only interesting, but something (following research and thinking about it) worth believing.

You however are applying it completely wrong. You are applying a personal belief to how everyone should act. Which is wrong. Anger isn't wrong, it isn't "bad", it isn't negative. It can be very constructive, positive and creative. This is a fact.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
On a side note, that's impractical nonsense.

If White America had had such views, then there would have been no oppression. They didn't though, and anger is what redresses those actual imbalances.

It's all very well living in a philosophical wonderland, but it's not the way the world works.

Wonderer
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Artists do NOT contribute to society?

Where are you from? Not Earth I bet. Because you are talking as if you don't know what society is, which is true. I don't think you have experienced much of society.

-AC

Look, I'm myself an artist, but I don't think that makes a societal contribution. I've experienced more of society than you could imagine.

Alpha Centauri
Look, I'm myself an artist, but I don't think that makes a societal contribution. I've experienced more of society than you could imagine.

"Reply me down and I shall become more threadal than you can possibly imagine."-High Den Rike. The great philosopher.

Seriously though, you can't reply with that, it's BS. You might not have made a societal contribution. You either chose not to or you lack the ability to. Doesn't mean every artist doesn't have a societal impact.

-AC

Wonderer

Anger isn't wrong, it isn't "bad", it isn't negative. It can be very constructive, positive and creative. This is a fact.

-AC

Anger is useless, and that's a fact. There are many more positive ways available, like enlightenment.

Alpha Centauri
Anger is useless, and that's a fact. There are many more positive ways available, like enlightenment.

I never said there aren't more positive ways, I said anger can be positive.

Stop being a fool. Anger isn't useless because good or bad (it can be both) it has a use. This is an actual fact.

-AC

debbiejo
On a side note, that's impractical nonsense.

If White America had had such views, then there would have been no oppression. They didn't though, and anger is what redresses those actual imbalances.

It's all very well living in a philosophical wonderland, but it's not the way the world works.

You see the problems we have today because the of selfishness...IF, we hadn't gone that direction we wouldn't have many of the problems we have now....The Aborigines being secluded from the rest of the world didn't suffer the same things in their society....no rapes....etc...

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

There's also a lot they don't have, for the worse. If you seriously believe they are better off than you, I suggest giving everything you own to a homeless guy and go live with the aboriginies. Because now you're just being ungrateful.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
You see the problems we have today because the of selfishness...IF, we hadn't gone that direction we wouldn't have many of the problems we have now....The Aborigines being secluded from the rest of the world didn't suffer the same things in their society....no rapes....etc...

Quick reminder, point of current discussion- 'anger'.

debbiejo
I never said there aren't more positive ways, I said anger can be positive.

Stop being a fool. Anger isn't useless because good or bad (it can be both) it has a use. This is an actual fact.

-AC

The world funtions in polarities...negatives and positives....anger is a negative and only draws on more of it....

Negatives do not produce long lasting positives.....It represses it, but it does come out.

Alpha Centauri
The world funtions in polarities...negatives and positives....anger is a negative and only draws on more of it....

Negatives do not produce long lasting positives.....It represses it, but it does come out.

I actually feel the lack of any understanding seeping through my monitor right now.

Read carefully. YOU believe it has no positive, you are wrong. It factually does. You can sit there trying to deny this but you are doing so ignorantly, because it's not opinion. Anger can be positive, it has done good things.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
That's amazing crap.

People are inspired by anger to actually change things that aren't right with the world.

debbiejo
You two, just don't get it....I said IF.......

are you getting angry of something. laughing out loud confused

I have to agree with you wonderer.

I see much of the world as an angry and negative place..quite selfish..not trying to see the others views, closed minded, stubborn..Much of it, I feel it could be contributed to the stuffing down of politics which is really what our school systems really teach, not wisdom.....Our history books are all bias to defind the wrongs that we as nations have done...like Hiroshima..etc.....Many parents do the same thing. They say they want their children to think, but really what they mean is that they want them think like they do, when children start using their own little brains and challenging society, becoming rebelious, many times it's because they are seeing thing how they really are and become angry because they are not being heard...

The boards are just part of what the world has created...there are many types of personalities and biases here.

Many people have not yet learned that anger long hurts yourself...really does...It attracts the like of...It's the law of attraction again...you attract what you are...seen it happen a lot with people I've seen and know.

Wonderer
"Reply me down and I shall become more threadal than you can possibly imagine."-High Den Rike. The great philosopher.

Seriously though, you can't reply with that, it's BS. You might not have made a societal contribution. You either chose not to or you lack the ability to. Doesn't mean every artist doesn't have a societal impact.

-AC

Well, good for you, my friend. I have compassion for you, because I see you have a lot of useless anger inside you (I also had in the past, but I've risen above that now and it feels inexplicably great), I can sense it in your tone and choice of words.

Both Einstein (who admired Buddha) and Buddha believed in peace, and look at how much greatness they achieved without anger.

Here's a poem (work of art) I've written without anger:

I sense the emptiness in the fullness of illusion;
I feel the nothingness in nature's embrace,
just as much as I taste the somethingness of selflessness
in your kiss when you love me as part of you.

Alpha Centauri
Debbiejo, we get it. You're just not all there in the brain dept. Sorry, someone had to say it.

Well, good for you, my friend. I have compassion for you, because I see you have a lot of useless anger inside you (I also had in the past, but I've risen above that now and it feels inexplicably great), I can sense it in your tone and choice of words.

Both Einstein (who admired Buddha) and Buddha believed in peace, and look at how much greatness they achieved without anger.

Here's a poem (work of art) I've written without anger:

I sense the emptiness in the fullness of illusion;
I feel the nothingness in nature's embrace,
just as much as I taste the somethingness of selflessness
in your kiss when you love me as part of you.

No you don't see anything inside of me, let's be honest. Stop being a pseudo-philosophical buffoon.

I have nothing by humour for you. I find it quite amusing that you somehow believe you are an artist or able to speak on issues such as these when you are of the blinkered and wrong believe that anger has no use.

-AC

debbiejo
You never cease to amaze me, in the worst way.

If someone is suffering in Japan, it doesn't bother or affect me in any way. I find the singular consciousness and the concept of us being eternal in spirit to be not only interesting, but something (following research and thinking about it) worth believing.

You however are applying it completely wrong. You are applying a personal belief to how everyone should act. Which is wrong. Anger isn't wrong, it isn't "bad", it isn't negative. It can be very constructive, positive and creative. This is a fact.

-AC

Are you a prision inmate? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
Are you a prision inmate? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yes, I'm clearly typing from a cell.

I'm not sure if you are putting on a really unfunny act or you genuinely are that clueless. I mean this as no insult, it's just that your posts are depressingly blinkered.

-AC

Wonderer
Debbiejo, we get it. You're just not all there in the brain dept. Sorry, someone had to say it.

No you don't see anything inside of me, let's be honest. Stop being a pseudo-philosophical buffoon.

I have nothing by humour for you. I find it quite amusing that you somehow believe you are an artist or able to speak on issues such as these when you are of the blinkered and wrong believe that anger has no use.

-AC

Wow! Tthe anger you have displayed so far really proves to me that you are such a great person. Me a pseudo-philosophical buffoon? What do you mean?

Alpha Centauri
I'm not angry, I'm slightly amused, more depressed at the sheer fact people of your brainpower/lack thereof exist and are allowed near computers.

Let's get back to topic:

You believe anger is useless and not positive in anyway, you are factually wrong.

Some black woman got angry on a bus once, I dunno what happened. I think everyone just ignored her for being unconstructive. Wouldn't it be funny if she caused a world changing movement though?

-AC

Wonderer
I'm not angry, I'm slightly amused, more depressed at the sheer fact people of your brainpower/lack thereof exist and are allowed near computers.

Let's get back to topic:

You believe anger is useless and not positive in anyway, you are factually wrong.

Some black woman got angry on a bus once, I dunno what happened. I think everyone just ignored her for being unconstructive. Wouldn't it be funny if she caused a world changing movement though?

-AC
So why do you then reply to the posts of someone who lacks brainpower in your opinion?

Anyway, anger have never caused any good. Imagine if that black Woman (how racist of you) rather remained calm, while most people would've imagined that she would've been angry say at an insult at her...imagine what kind of an inspiring impression she would've left in the minds of people.

Peace to you, my angry friend, I'll chant for you. good bye.

debbiejo
Yes, I'm clearly typing from a cell.

I'm not sure if you are putting on a really unfunny act or you genuinely .

-AC
How's your girlfriend Bruno?.... eek!

Wonderer
The non-angered, peaceful Popeye won over his girlfriend. laughing

Alpha Centauri
Debbiejo, your window-caressing nature aside, continue posting dumb one liners to me in multiple threads and I will report you.

So why do you then reply to the posts of someone who lacks brainpower in your opinion?

Because I am trying to discover from where you derive these points of view.

Anyway, anger have never caused any good. Imagine if that black Woman (how racist of you) rather remained calm, while most people would've imagined that she would've been angry say at an insult at her...imagine what kind of an inspiring impression she would've left in the minds of people.

Peace to you, my angry friend, I'll chant for you. good bye.

I was referring to Rosa Parks, some intelligence you have. She's pretty inspirational you know?

Also, there was nothing racist about what I said.

You are sitting there saying anger has never caused any good, when you only need look at world history to see that it has.

-AC

debbiejo
The non-angered, peaceful Popeye won over his girlfriend. laughing

He must of brought a gift.. eek!

Alpha Centauri
You've been reported, enjoy.

-AC

debbiejo
Debbiejo, your window-caressing nature aside,-AC

blink What's that?....Is it a inmate thingie....

See you need some peace....maybe a piece,...NO...bruno will help you.

Alpha Centauri
I'll allow you to continue this, and the PMs (now being forwarded to a mod), because you will be banned soon enough.

So enjoy this while you can.

While she's wheel-spinning, does anyone wanna discuss the topic?

-AC

debbiejo
OUch!!...I think I'm bleeding.......Peace makes the world go round....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wonderer
AC, are you an animal or just undisciplined in your intellect?

Alpha Centauri

Stealing your debate, which is based off a subjective religion, from Wikipedia makes you look more stupid than anyone or anything.

Posting two stolen paragraphs of buddhist and christian reasoning as to why anger is bad does not make your argument any less stupid.

Anger has factually, objectively led to good things. Whether you like anger or not is up to you, but to deny this is like denying there's a moon.

-AC

debbiejo

NO, he just needs (a) piece... wink

Wonderer
Stealing your debate, which is based off a subjective religion, from Wikipedia makes you look more stupid than anyone or anything.

Posting two stolen paragraphs of buddhist and christian reasoning as to why anger is bad does not make your argument any less stupid.

Anger has factually, objectively led to good things. Whether you like anger or not is up to you, but to deny this is like denying there's a moon.

-AC

Whatever. erm

Ushgarak
Anger, in its correct place, is vital to a healthy society. To try and stiufle the ability of such expression would be very harmful both to the psyche of the individual and the statr of people as a whole.

Like anything, it can be taken too far, but a blanket dictum against it, as in the start of this thread, is not only impractical, it is also unhelpful.

It was also incredibily patronising.

Saying that art has never made a contribution to society... that was just dumb.

soleran30
Yes but even the good Buddha acknowledges anger and doesn't say thats its bad simply don't act on anger alone......same with christianity.......

IT's only when anger leads our actions that bad things occur, not that anger itself is bad.

All those philosophies have a huge wheel of balance.

lil bitchiness

That is a quote by Buddha. ''Being angry is like holding a hot coal in your hand with the intention of throwing it at someone else; you're the one getting burned''

lil bitchiness
If it were not for anger, there would be a lot more suffering.

Im sorry, but I fail to see the logic here.

That is like saying, if there wasnt for hate, there would be more suffering.

When someone is angry, thats one time they don't think or act rationally. How exactly is that productive?

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Im sorry, but I fail to see the logic here.

That is like saying, if there wasnt for hate, there would be more suffering.

When someone is angry, thats one time they don't think or act rationally. How exactly is that productive?

People who are unjustly treated feel anger. This mobilises them to attempt to rectify the situation. If they did not feel anger, there would be no feeling of oppression.

So it's nothing like saying 'That is like saying, if there wasnt for hate, there would be more suffering.'

You can be angry and rational, completely. Anger does not equal the total loss of all rationalising faculties. It's merely a propellant.

Alpha Centauri

Ticks and Leeches. That's how. You'll get the reference I'm sure, and once you do you'll understand why suggesting anger isn't productive is silly.

For someone who claims to love metal music, I find it extremely confusing that you say anger isn't productive.

-AC

lil bitchiness
People who are unjustly treated feel anger. This mobilises them to attempt to rectify the situation. If they did not feel anger, there would be no feeling of oppression.

So it's nothing like saying 'That is like saying, if there wasnt for hate, there would be more suffering.'

You can be angry and rational, completely. Anger does not equal the total loss of all rationalising faculties. It's merely a propellant.

Not being angry, does not mean ignorance. Just because someone choses not to be angry, does not mean that they automatically lose the conciousness to what is happening to them.

As for the example, take the monks (and great number of people) of Tibet. They are trained themselves not to be angry - that is their relgion. Are you saying that they are not aware that they are being opressed by Chinese?

Lack of anger is understanding of what is happening, and thus rational solution to getting out of it, by the means other than hate.

Anger produces hate, so techically my statement above about the hate was relevant.

soleran30
In my opinion here I believe people are confusing anger with rage or along the likes of that.

Sir Whirlysplat
I find anger in others amusing - suprisingly shifty smile

Victor Von Doom
Not being angry, does not mean ignorance. Just because someone choses not to be angry, does not mean that they automatically lose the conciousness to what is happening to them.

As for the example, take the monks (and great number of people) of Tibet. They are trained themselves not to be angry - that is their relgion. Are you saying that they are not aware that they are being opressed by Chinese?

Lack of anger is understanding of what is happening, and thus rational solution to getting out of it, by the means other than hate.

Anger produces hate, so techically my statement above about the hate was relevant.

I'm not saying that not being angry means ignorance.

So no, I'm not saying the contents of your second paragraph.

I'm also not saying that anger doesn't produce hate. It can do.

What I am saying is that there are several instances in which anger has been the propellant behind real change in society, thereby disproving the notion that it is never useful.

I don't suggest that there aren't other ways to react than getting angry, but it's a nonsense to imagine everyone does or can do that. I merely point out that in very real examples, anger has led to change.

Obviously, angry people can contribute a lot negatively to society, but that's not the fault of 'anger', it's the fault of people with poor mentalities.

Alpha Centauri

Anger doesn't produce hate, for definite. If I'm angry at my TV not working, I don't feel hatred for it.

Anger is an emotion, a reactive emotion. As Victor said, a propellant. It's lead to some of the greatest art ever, so how do you figure it's not productive?

-AC

lil bitchiness
I dont anticipate everyone (or even a great majority of people on this planet) not getting angry. To not get angry takes great discipline, which manny cannot and are not willing to practice.

From this perspective, then, getting angry to fight opression is the way out in certain places.

If everyone chose not to get angry (which is extreamly unlikely at any point in time) then there would not be such issue of opression or hate nor a need for hate.

Victor Von Doom

If everyone chose not to get angry (which is extreamly unlikely at any point in time) then there would not be such issue of opression or hate nor a need for hate.

It's not really anger that leads to injustice though. The fact that no-one was angry doesn't mean people wouldn't take severe advantage of others.

All that'd happen is the disadvantaged would have less cause to do something about it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Fear is the Mindkiller - not anger smile

Anger can be constructive although more usually is just amusing - remeber it leads to the Darkside smile

soleran30
LOL anger is the mindnumber.......

KharmaDog

Sorry there Lil', but you're wrong on that one.

You are confusing anger with madness. One can bee very angry, but totally rational and posses all their faculties.

debbiejo
Originally posted by KharmaDog

You are confusing anger with madness. One can bee very angry, but totally rational and posses all their faculties.
Then explain why some people never get angry?

soleran30
Madness is a disease not an emotional state.

Rage is an emotional response that is explossive without thought.

Debbiejo now I could be wrong here but ALOT of people get angry however its not the emotion that is bad its the expression of the emotion.

Sir Whirlysplat

because I am to busy winding others up

debbiejo
Originally posted by soleran30
Debbiejo now I could be wrong here but ALOT of people get angry however its not the emotion that is bad its the expression of the emotion.

Honestly, I just don't get angry....It's just how a person looks at a situation then reacts to it...

soleran30
Honestly, I just don't get angry....It's just how a person looks at a situation then reacts to it...

Thats why I said ALOT and not ALL. I cannot tell you what to feel or how to feel however that doesn't mean someone else cannot feel a specific way is all.

If you have gotten over anger still you are missing out evil face Thats where all that Buddha and Tao and all that stuff comes into "play" you must seek enlightenment by understanding one can only understand what one has experienced haha

KharmaDog

Detachment from self. Emotional impotence. Labotomy. By the way, what does this question have to do with what I said?

Rage is an emotional response that is explossive without thought.

Thanx for calling me on that, yes I should have used rage as an example and not madness.

Victor Von Doom

Not so much a non sequitur as non sense.

KharmaDog
Not so much a non sequitur as non sense.

laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
Detachment from self.

very easy on the internet smile

Eis

Hippies... no... mommy not damn hippies!! stick out tongue
But I don't agree, it's anger what makes the world change for good or worse.

debbiejo
laughing out loud HAHA...

At one time I used to have very much repressed anger, but now have none.....It's a looking at things differently and using some wisdom thing...you learn to look beyond someones actions, words, and see something deeper......Once a person can do this, then anger transforms into compassion.. smile

Sir Whirlysplat
HAHA...

At one time I used to have very much repressed anger, but now have none.....It's a looking at things differently and using some wisdom thing...you learn to look beyond someones actions, words, and see something deeper......Once a person can do this, then anger transforms into compassion.. smile

Indeed - do you meditate Bebbie? smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Indeed - do you meditate Bebbie? smile

Yes, but I am not buddhist, or Tao...or anything like that, just lots of reading into the quantum fields along with metaphysics, and practice along with the study of psychology....

soleran30
HAHA...

Yes but really only two things incite very quick change.....anger and pain. If I am not happy with my situation I get very angery then decide what it is I need to do and take action......if I fell into compassion I would be lulled into complacency......which is alot of what Victor was describing anger can be your friend wink

debbiejo
....if I fell into compassion I would be lulled into complacency...... Not true....compassion motivates...moves mountains.

soleran30
Not true....compassion motivates...moves mountains.

Yeah I am picking up what your putting down however that certainly doesn't discredit anger at least how I have described it.

Really whether you study metaphysics, Tao, Christianity or any other philosophy/science everything has an opposite. When you lose one side it becomes imbalanced and the whole thing stops functioning accordingly.

Anyway to much easten philosophy without western live for today syndrome gives people the impression that harmony is good understand all and I say tell that to your bill man lol.

Anyway percieve this anyway you like simply because I wasn't saying compassion is bad but that anger can be good and has its place.

Sir Whirlysplat
Anger has its place, anger at oppression gave Women the vote etc confused really that was a good thing confused really it was confused

debbiejo
LOL...well everyones entitled to their opinion... smile

What I'm saying is if everyone practiced this way, the way I'm saying, then there would be no need for women to get angry for a chance to vote.....along with other type demonstrations....because women along with everyone else would of been considered equal anyway.

Eis
Anger has its place, anger at oppression gave Women the vote etc confused really that was a good thing confused really it was confused
exactly.

Slay

True words smile

Now,it's time to kill somebody smile

Alpha Centauri
LOL...well everyones entitled to their opinion... smile

What I'm saying is if everyone practiced this way, the way I'm saying, then there would be no need for women to get angry for a chance to vote.....along with other type demonstrations....because women along with everyone else would of been considered equal anyway.

Like Victor said, it's all good living in a philosophical wonderland but that's not how the real world works.

-AC

soleran30

lol I don't know that in itself is worthy of a seperate discussion.

I don't know Debbiejo I can empathisize with that but certainly not sympathize.

See the only way your method works Debbiejo is if everyone believes in it.......by not making the angery able to at least empathisize with you thats one audience you will only enrage because you rather discredit them with a smile. big grin

FistOfThe North
I actually think that a forum isn't a forum without hate or anger. But I think most of the people that are angry or hateful on here our probably having personal problems that have nothing to with with you, lol nothing.

It's like the "my friend at work didn't get laid last night, so fcuk you for it, even though I don't know who you are and you had nothing to do with it." type of thing. It's funny.

Thats how I always look at it all the time when someone does it.

I mean, lol how can you fiercly hate and wanna stick a screwdriver through a persons temple and be super angry at someone for posting a question, even if it's a conspicuous question, lol. It's pretty hilarious to tell you the thuth, i love it.

To me

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I actually think that a forum isn't a forum without hate or anger. But I think most of the people that are angry or hateful on here our probably having personal problems that have nothing to with with you, lol nothing.

It's like the "my friend at work didn't get laid last night, so fcuk you for it, even though I don't know who you are and you had nothing to do with it." type of thing. It's funny.

Thats how I always look at it all the time when someone does it.

I mean, lol how can you fiercly hate and wanna stick a screwdriver through a persons temple and be super angry at someone for posting a question, even if it's a conspicuous question, lol. It's pretty hilarious to tell you the thuth, i love it.

To me

Agreed

Lana
Anyone who says that anger can never be constructive or positive needs to open their eyes to how the real world works.

If no one ever got angry, the US as a country wouldn't exist. Slavery would still be legal. Equal rights wouldn't exist. Etc.

Also, anyone who says that art doesn't contribute to society is woefully ignorant. Art is a vital part of culture, and oftentimes considered to be one of THE most important things to define a culture. But that doesn't contribute to society, hmmm? Art is also something that is very often driven by emotion; anger being one of them.

So, I'm sorry, but you are wrong in saying that anger is always negative and never has any use. Anyone with a realistic view of the world can see that.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Lana
Anyone with a realistic view of the world can see that.

There'in lies the problem. You are arguing with someone who does not have a realistic view of the world. So not only will they not see that, arguing the point against them is totally useless.

I agree with you though wink

soleran30
There'in lies the problem. You are arguing with someone who does not have a realistic view of the world. So not only will they not see that, arguing the point against them is totally useless.

I agree with you though wink

Let us meditate on this

Breathe in

Breathe out

in with the blue

out with the red

and after much thought and meditation in the lotus position not only am I sore but absolutley pissed at buddha! That was my righteous anger for the locust positionsmile

debbiejo
Let us meditate on this

Breathe in

Breathe out

in with the blue

out with the red

and after much thought and meditation in the locust position not only am I sore but absolutley pissed at buddha! That was my righteous anger for the locust positionsmile laughing out loud laughing out loud

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

crazylozer
I think the problem here is a slight case of narrow-mindedness.

I think that righteous anger can be productive indeed.
Even if anger didn't exist, injustices would still stem from ignorance, envy, lust, stubborness, and on and on for human flaws. To be rid of these flaws would result in a lack of humanity, how could we exist without a full range of emotion? If karma did not exist, pure chance could make instances of misfortunes that should induce sadness, anger or envy. It wouldn't make sense not to feel these emotions. As much fun as it is to dream, pain is part of life, and the existence of pain is what seperates good from bad.

kmcdude
Anger isn't a bad thing. It can often be very constructive. I think you're confusing anger with hatred.

-AC

laughing out loud Sometimes I go out and get drunk and start fights and punch people to feel better about myself laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.