Rune King Thor vs. Pre-Crisis Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DrDoom101
Who wins? This is in the tundras.

MadMadTitan
What exact powers does PC Darkseid have? I have read the Darkseid respect thread, but still don't really get what kinds of god-like powers that Darkseid possesses. Please help me out, guys.

cheldon
i'm going with pre crisis darkseid

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by cheldon
i'm going with pre crisis darkseid

Agreed. According to Kirby he was Galactus level which is way beyond Rune King Thor.

sam_drugbringer
Not really "way" beyond. If they fought in asgard, RKT might have a chance.

Anywhere else, Darkseid wins.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by sam_drugbringer
Not really "way" beyond. If they fought in asgard, RKT might have a chance.

Anywhere else, Darkseid wins.

Full power Galactus is waay beyond RKT. Dont be fooled by occassions in the past where a weak Galactus has been driven off by Thor. In between the skyfathers and the likes of Galactus you have the cube beings. Galactus at full power as is the assumption with threads unless stated otherwise is waaay beyond RKT.

Sir Whirlysplat
For a change I agree with Galactic Storm eek! makes me think I must be wrong but in this case she is right.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
in this case she is right.

Why are you such a b*tch!! stick out tongue

the Darkone
Rune King Thor can defeat Pre-Crisis Darkseid if they battle on Asgard darkseid is f**ked. King Thor can absorb all the life force of asgard and the nine worlds into himself, plus he has full power of the odinforce and rune magic, I'm going with Thor on this one.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Why are you such a b*tch!! stick out tongue

smile

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by the Darkone
Rune King Thor can defeat Pre-Crisis Darkseid if they battle on Asgard darkseid is f**ked. King Thor can absorb all the life force of asgard and the nine worlds into himself, plus he has full power of the odinforce and rune magic, I'm going with Thor on this one.

Whirly tell him about that occcassion where he absorbed the energies of the planet of a race sorcerers. It was something like that anyway.

Pre C DS is waaay beyond RKT. Its like pitting Storm against the Silver Surfer.

Juntai
Darkseid wins.

the Darkone
RKT wins, in asgard thor is unbeatable. In the nine worlds of asgard thor is "god".

pre-crisis darkseid= hungrey Galactus
pre-crisis darkseid = (marvel) Odin
pre-crisis darkseid < normal Galactus
pre-crisis darkseid <<< Full potential Galactus
Pre-crisis darkseid= Odin <<<< Rune King Thor

Sir Whirlysplat
RKT wins, in asgard thor is unbeatable. In the nine worlds of asgard thor is "god".

pre-crisis darkseid= hungrey Galactus
pre-crisis darkseid = (marvel) Odin
pre-crisis darkseid < normal Galactus
pre-crisis darkseid <<< Full potential Galactus
Pre-crisis darkseid= Odin <<<< Rune King Thor

Not according to Kirby who created both smile

the Darkone
Kriby is dead unless he is still writting from the grave. Kriby stated that back in the 70's like ever thing else nothing is a sure thing.

Sir Whirlysplat
Kriby is dead unless he is still writting from the grave. Kriby stated that back in the 70's like ever thing else nothing is a sure thing.

He is dead but Pre crisi Darkseid no longer really exists either smile and he was as powerfulas full powered Galactus.

the Darkone
A full powered galactus can destroy the universe stated by the watchers.

the Darkone
If pre-crisis darkseid wants a chance in beating rune king thor, they will have to fight on a netural battlefield if not RKT will rock his ass.

Rune King Thor >>>>> Odin and all skyfathers on earth

Rune King Thor = Atum the godeater/demogorge, cube beings

MadMadTitan
Hey folks, I am wondering where should I start if I want to read some Pre-Crisis Darkseid stuff? Is Kirby's New Gods a good start? smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by MadMadTitan
Hey folks, I am wondering where should I start if I want to read some Pre-Crisis Darkseid stuff? Is Kirby's New Gods a good start? smile

Legion of Superheroes Great Darkness Saga its still in tpb

MadMadTitan
Legion of Superheroes Great Darkness Saga its still in tpb

Thx dude. Even PC Darkseid doesnt exist anymore, he along with Kirby always stay alive in paperbacks and in our hearts. wink

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by MadMadTitan
Thx dude. Even PC Darkseid doesnt exist anymore, he along with Kirby always stay alive in paperbacks and in our hearts. wink

agreed smile

sam_drugbringer
Thor in asgard is almost equal to galactus. He;s WAY more powerful then he is in the mortal world.

cheldon
Thor in asgard is almost equal to galactus. He;s WAY more powerful then he is in the mortal world.

almost. that means it won't be enough to stop pre-crisis darkseid smile

sam_drugbringer
I'm just saying it would be close.

cheldon
it would be. it be fun to watch

ImmortalOne
What the F ??/ This is SOOO UNEVEN it isnt even funny !!!

PC Darkseid would sodomi a blondie like Thor, heck, he even sodomied Kalibak !!!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by ImmortalOne
What the F ??/ This is SOOO UNEVEN it isnt even funny !!!

PC Darkseid would sodomi a blondie like Thor, heck, he even sodomied Kalibak !!!

agreed

ImmortalOne
lol !!!

Juntai
Thor in asgard is almost equal to galactus. He;s WAY more powerful then he is in the mortal world. the entire Norse pantheon were scared to death of Darkseid. There's a scan in the Darkseid Respect Thread, of them all shitting themselves because they think he's coming to kill them. lol.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Juntai
the entire Norse pantheon were scared to death of Darkseid. There's a scan in the Darkseid Respect Thread, of them all shitting themselves because they think he's coming to kill them. lol.

Those are Dc gods not marvel gods get it right, there is a big difference between them. Odin at full strength would whoop darkseid ass in asgard with in minutes. RKT is more powerful than his father and more wiser, only way darkseid can win if they fight on a netural battlefield if not RKT will send darkseid packing like he did against Galactus.

One hit from the godforce blast darkseid is in a world of trouble, he would be one staggering b***h on the verge of death.

Sir Whirlysplat
Those are Dc gods not marvel gods get it right, there is a big difference between them. Odin at full strength would whoop darkseid ass in asgard with in minutes. RKT is more powerful than his father and more wiser, only way darkseid can win if they fight on a netural battlefield if not RKT will send darkseid packing like he did against Galactus.

One hit from the godforce blast darkseid is in a world of trouble, he would be one staggering b***h on the verge of death.

No offense but - Rubbish smile

the Darkone
No offense but - Rubbish smile

Who gives a f**k what you think.

Sir Whirlysplat
Who gives a f**k what you think.

No offense but you don't know much about comics smile

the Darkone
No offense but you don't know much about comics smile

Oh like you do, please you are full sh** like President Bush.

DrDoom101
is whirly evn in the US?

ZephroCarnelian
Nope he's English. And he's been collecting comics since the 70's.

TheDarkOne - you're being offensive and ignorant.

It's obvious simply from the way that he's posting that Whirly knows more than you - please don't insult him and make yourself appear even more childish by talking like that.

the Darkone
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Nope he's English. And he's been collecting comics since the 70's.

TheDarkOne - you're being offensive and ignorant.

It's obvious simply from the way that he's posting that Whirly knows more than you - please don't insult him and make yourself appear even more childish by talking like that.

First of all I have been collecting since the early 80's, And I have my own opinion if you guys don't like I really don't give a f**k. He's knows Dc 90% better than me but not marvel.

ZephroCarnelian
Let's settle this thread.

The Spectre at full power failed to destroy the AntiMonitor.

Darkseid did it by himself.

Now - is Rune King Thor more powerful than Spectre?

If he is... he'd stand a chance.

If not, then he doesn't....

Sir Whirlysplat
First of all I have been collecting since the early 80's, And I have my own opinion if you guys don't like I really don't give a f**k. He's knows Dc 90% better than me but not marvel.

smile righhht smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Sir Whirlysplat

agreed and his not smile

Beyonder
True.

So false. Where did you get this? Pushing a button and using assistance is different from "doing it by himself."

No. Neither is Darkseid.

Mute point. Both aren't on full powered Spectre's level. As for Darkseid surving Spectre trying to kill him, it was because he was essential to the universe, not because he was more powerful or on Spectre's power level.

GalacticStorm

While i think Pre C Ds will win this match for you to say he destroyed AM singlehandedly is a very bad recollection or misinterpretation.

He contributed to AM's downfall nothing more.

Wild Cowboy
True, he cant beat AM by himself........... but he beats muscle-clad blondies on a daily basis !!

Xplosive
PreC Darkseid would murder RKT, even in Asgard.

ZephroCarnelian
He destroyed AntiMonitor's physical body when all else failed too.

All that was left afterwards was residual energy, that Superman2 smack into nothingness. smile

ZephroCarnelian
Here his body is being destroyed.

ZephroCarnelian
Here he mentions that his science lets him see through Alex Luthor's eyes.

Tell me that you think that a machine is more powerful than the Spectre.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was Darkseid's own power fired through the eyes of Luthor.

grey fox
Hmmm omega beams versus Strip-the-flesh-from-your-bones-vision

Juntai
Here he mentions that his science lets him see through Alex Luthor's eyes.

Tell me that you think that a machine is more powerful than the Spectre.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It was Darkseid's own power fired through the eyes of Luthor. Spectre didn't fail to destroy him, he didn't TRY to. If you actually READ what is going on in the fight with Anti-Monitor and Spectre, it was said that IF Spectre DID destroy the Anti-Monitor, he would kill everyone the Anti-Monitor was drawing energy from.. so it really wasn't an option.. but you'll notice none of them DOUBT the Spectre's ability to do so. Instead, Spectre shattered and recreated the universe, and banished the Anti-Monitor back to the Antimatter realm, where the final confontations were staged.

Don't worry though, this is a common misinterpretation.

ZephroCarnelian
Right you are - totally missed that! eek!

ZephroCarnelian
But you have to admit...

Considering all he was doing was fighting against AntiMonitor's power... and you consider the fact that all of DC's magic users were giving Spectre their power.... it start took a lot for him to win, lol.

Whereas Darkseid got it all over and done with in one instant. smile

Beyonder

All that was left afterwards was residual energy, that Superman2 smack into nothingness. smile

He's pushing a button. The fight is Rune King Thor vs. Pre-Crisis Darkseid, not Rune King Thor vs. Pre-Crisis Darkseid + a button/Apokolips tech.

Yes. He can see into the anti-matter universe because of Alex. He didn't even mention it came directly from him. He pushed a button. Where in that did he do it himself?

Hmm? Let me think about this... He pushed a button did he not? And it got the job done did it not? And nowhere do we see or here that he directly attacked Anti-Monitor. All speculations.

- Korvac, a machine, got ahold of Galactus' World Ship and became so powerful than LT couldn't beat him, rather closed off his universe
- Secondly, Cyborg Superman controlled a part of the Source Wall
- Doom steals powers from Watcher up to Galactus just using "machines"
- And lastly, Darkseid used Apokolips tech to destroy Anti-Monitor

It was Darkseid + Apokolips Tech + Alex Luthor.

GalacticStorm

But youre still failing to acknowledge the battles AM had had prior to DS's attack. Youre saying he singlehandled defeated AM. Thats incorrect and you've contradicted yourself by now saying he destroyed AM's armour leaving the Supermen to finish the job.

He contributed thats all.

He does however imo win this match.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
But youre still failing to acknowledge the battles AM had had prior to DS's attack. Youre saying he singlehandled defeated AM. Thats incorrect and you've contradicted yourself by now saying he destroyed AM's armour leaving the Supermen to finish the job.

He contributed thats all.

He does however imo win this match.

No, I see how you think I said that though, lol.

I said that Spectre defeated AM with the help of all the power of the DCU's magic. Darkseid did it without said help. smile Not that Darkseid beat him one on one.

Flash managed to injure AM by destroying the machine. All AM's troops were turned on him by PsychoPirate and Supergirl got some good shots in too.

But even after all that and after Dr Light stole some of his own power and threw it back at him, he still recovered and was still about to defeat our heroes.

Only Darkseid dealt lasting damage to his physical body.

And then Superman dealt the final blow to his pure energy form! big grin

----------------------

Whether it was DS himself or his Apok machinery that emited the energy blast is debatable. He only mentions that the machinery lets him see through Luthor's eyes. never mentions that it can defat the AM.

I personally believe it was DS's own power that did the job. But regardless, at least we agree on one thing:

Darkseid is a BADASS!!! laughing

Juntai
But you have to admit...

Considering all he was doing was fighting against AntiMonitor's power... and you consider the fact that all of DC's magic users were giving Spectre their power.... it start took a lot for him to win, lol.

Whereas Darkseid got it all over and done with in one instant. smile Anti-Monitor was likewise powered up for the fight with Spectre, by entire universes, and the entire army of heros and villains. And had his whole plan thrown back in his face for trying. It's pretty undeniable that his battle with Spectre was his high moment in power.

Darkseid does win this battle though.
I'm just commenting on that original "He did what Spectre couldn't" remark, when it was clear in the comic that wasn't the case. He was saving lives and protecting the multiverse.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - I get what you mean. yes

But you've just got to love the way that Darkseid did his deed with the most contemptuous ease.

big grin

Juntai
Yeah - I get what you mean. yes

But you've just got to love the way that Darkseid did his deed with the most contemptuous ease.

big grin True enough.

GalacticStorm
No, I see how you think I said that though, lol.

Yep. I do to.

I said that Spectre defeated AM with the help of all the power of the DCU's magic. Darkseid did it without said help. smile Not that Darkseid beat him one on one.

Flash managed to injure AM by destroying the machine. All AM's troops were turned on him by PsychoPirate and Supergirl got some good shots in too.

So with all this you now realise your previous statement was incorrect. Cool. You've now clarified what you meant even if you didnt say it initially.

But even after all that and after Dr Light stole some of his own power and threw it back at him, he still recovered and was still about to defeat our heroes.

Never recovered to the physical condition he was in prior to his battle with Spectre and his later battle with the heroes. After all of that he got up again and DS managed to destroy his physical armour. A feat all accounts indicate he wouldnt have been able to do if AM was at the height of his power and hadnt been through the various battles he had before DS's assault.

Only Darkseid dealt lasting damage to his physical body.

Which he could only do thanks to the previous efforts of the heroes.

And then Superman dealt the final blow to his pure energy form! big grin

Uh huh.

----------------------

Whether it was DS himself or his Apok machinery that emited the energy blast is debatable. He only mentions that the machinery lets him see through Luthor's eyes. never mentions that it can defat the AM.

I personally believe it was DS's own power that did the job. But regardless, at least we agree on one thing:

Darkseid is a BADASS!!! laughing

I have no issue with it being DS's personal power i just wanted to clarify that his was only a contribution, that was as effective as it was, thanks to the efforts of the heroes before him.

Agreed DS is badass. big grin

ZephroCarnelian
Okay, I have no problem with that.

It makes it look like DS dealt more damage by himself, but there's noway of knowing, because the heroes did do some damage beforehand.

So I'll agree with you and say that he helped.

A lot.

big grin

Adam Warlock
Nevermind, Beyonder explained it all.

Wild Cowboy
mmm

jinzin
wait wait wait... what the ****?

pre-crisis darksied wins but hunter/pray dd loses?

how the hell does that work?

Wild Cowboy
pc ds > hp dd !!!!

jinzin
ORLY? is that why dd flung pc ds away like a rag doll? is that why dd caused pc ds to have the first twinge of fear in his life? confused

ZephroCarnelian
Doomsday wasn't around before the Crisis.... what are you on about??

confused

Beyonder
Originally posted by jinzin
ORLY? is that why dd flung pc ds away like a rag doll? is that why dd caused pc ds to have the first twinge of fear in his life? confused

HP DD never fought PC Darkseid. If you really buy into New Gods never effected by Crisis, then Supes and HP Doomsday both beat up PC Darkseid, a feat PC Superman couldn't do.

jinzin
Doomsday wasn't around before the Crisis.... what are you on about??

confused

doomsday year one... doomsday meets up on a planet with darksied and easily tosses him aside like garbage.. this happened hundreds to thousands of years ago apparently.... thus yeah he sort of did meet up with pc-darksied as this happened before crisis on infinite earth's....

doh

Originally posted by Beyonder
HP DD never fought PC Darkseid. If you really buy into New Gods never effected by Crisis, then Supes and HP Doomsday both beat up PC Darkseid, a feat PC Superman couldn't do.

no... a MUCH MUCH MUCH weaker incarnation did however. andif that's the case,then my point stands either way... thanks.

leonidas
<<doomsday year one... doomsday meets up on a planet with darksied and easily tosses him aside like garbage.. this happened hundreds to thousands of years ago apparently.... thus yeah he sort of did meet up with pc-darksied as this happened before crisis on infinite earth's....>>

now that is interesting. was that meeting alluded to in hunter/prey? i don't recall. and that would have been before dd's evolution into a much stronger creature, correct? if that's the case, i gotta admit jin, that year one smacks a bit of PIS . . .

jinzin
Originally posted by leonidas
<<doomsday year one... doomsday meets up on a planet with darksied and easily tosses him aside like garbage.. this happened hundreds to thousands of years ago apparently.... thus yeah he sort of did meet up with pc-darksied as this happened before crisis on infinite earth's....>>

now that is interesting. was that meeting alluded to in hunter/prey? i don't recall. and that would have been before dd's evolution into a much stronger creature, correct? if that's the case, i gotta admit jin, that year one smacks a bit of PIS . . . Originally posted by leonidas

now that is interesting. was that meeting alluded to in hunter/prey? i don't recall. and that would have been before dd's evolution into a much stronger creature, correct? if that's the case, i gotta admit jin, that year one smacks a bit of PIS . . .
I don't recall it being referenced either... but at the end of their first meeting darksied asks his uncle that they never speak of the incident from that day forward because it was the first time darksied ever turned his back on a foe (he boomtubed to escape the explosion of the planet they were on as was caused by dd).

The only way i figure is, darkseid tried to go at it hand to hand.. not a good idea obviously.. since this was before the radiant got to dd, perhaps he could have defeated doomsday with the omega beams.. infact I'm sure of it.. but after the radiant that's no longer an option.

yes you are correct that doomsday was in his much weaker incarnation... but if this is the case perhaps we are either overestimating pc darksied, or underestimating doomsday.

jinzin
the hell? why does it keep making me double quote? What the f**k?

leonidas
don't don't know know . . . . . . big grin

yah, both your explanations sound feasible. i just hate it when they do things retroactively like that and throw things out of whack . . .

jinzin
Originally posted by leonidas
don't don't know know . . . . . . big grin

yah, both your explanations sound feasible. i just hate it when they do things retroactively like that and throw things out of whack . . .

true.. but it's been intigrated into the character's histories. now the test is if it can be accepted...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.