Lagoon Engine Einsatz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lumenesca
Now, I know that SOME of you subscribe to Newtype USA, so I know that SOME of you have heard of Lagoon Engine Einsatz. I read it, and I thought it was pretty cool! I've been a fan of Yukiru Sugisaki since I saw DNAngel (I also wanna get Rizelmine ^_^). So, I dunno about you, but since vol.1 of LEE is in stores now, I'm gonna buy it!

But there's one thing that bugs me...

How do Lagoon Engine and Lagoon Engine Einsatz relate? I see no connection between the stories or characters. O_O

Gaia
Hey, I just heard of that series as well. Yukiru Sugisaki is awesome!

Plot Summary: Lagoon Engine Einsatz is the story of Sakis, a girl who will become a man, and King of Lagoonaria and wield the Godsword, Lagoonverse. Sakis is one who can use the powers of the Gods, and so she protects the kingdom with them. Her enemy is the intriguing Arcrave Gutlerfurwan, who commands the fabled Black Ship. On top of this person's arrival, Sakis must deal with the awakening of old and new gods and the protective barriers of Laggonaria collapsing. Sakis deals with the changes occurring in her world and her own personal change from a young girl to a man.

From http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=4413

I don't think that this story is connected at all. Then again, Sugisaki rarely connects her stories.

Lumenesca
Yeah, but I can understand why DNAngel and Rizelmine aren't connected. But Lagoon Engine Einsatz sounds like a sequel to Lagoon Engine or something! That's what I thought before I read it. -_-U

Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway. I'm gonna try and buy it on Tuesday.

Gaia
Originally posted by Lumenesca
Yeah, but I can understand why DNAngel and Rizelmine aren't connected. But Lagoon Engine Einsatz sounds like a sequel to Lagoon Engine or something! That's what I thought before I read it. -_-U

Oh well, doesn't really matter anyway. I'm gonna try and buy it on Tuesday.
D.N.Angel is featured in Rizelmine. It's a manga in it. One of the characters uses it to show Rizel how to get a guy or something like that.

Candidate for Goddess seems kinda of interesting as well.

Lumenesca
O.O! Really? Oh geez. Well, that's what I get for not reading it...

Lumenesca
Hmm, I couldn't find LEE at Waldenbooks, but instead, I bought...RIZELMINE! Lol.

Gaia
Yeah for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to go to the bookstore. Walden's and Borders sometimes don't get everything on time.... like Angel Diary (by the author of Demon Diary)

Deimo
I've read the first two volumes of Lagoon Engine (have the third, haven't read it yet), and the first volume, the only one in English so far, of Lagoon Engine Einsatz. LEE is not a sequel of LE, but they ARE companion manga and are related in some way. It's not clear yet exactly how the stories intertwine (it'll probably be made clear in later volumes), but hints have already been dropped.

In the first volume of LE, at the very beginning of chapter one, there is a person in Yen's dream with a long earring. The face is not shown, of course, but it seems like it might be Sakis. In chapter four, Jin, for a brief moment, catches a glimpse of a strange scenery and a long-haired figure wearing a cape. Again, the entire face is not shown but, again, it appears to be Sakis. Also, in LEE, Sakis catches a brief glimpse of a strange boy. The face is not shown (of course), but the boy's clothes are the same clothes Jin was wearing when he saw the strange scenery.

So far, that's the only link I've seen between the two stories. They even take place in different worlds. But I ain't complaining; they're both awesome manga.

And so are the rest of Sugisaki-san's series. Yeah, they ALL rock.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.