Neo vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Just adding a poll... mod, please merge the two.

Ianus
Nice sig btw

OBI-Ninja
uh you expect people to vote for Neo in a STAR WARS FORUM? Not trying to be rude, but just saying.

Ianus
I don't expect anyone with a working brain to vote Neo. Yoda's Force exists outside of the Matrix. Technically, it existed BEFORE if you tried to sandwich them into the same reality. The Matrix takes place in the near future; Star Wars takes place "Long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away." Thus by haphazard logic the Force predates the Matrix and thus exists outside of it. Yoda pulls Neo's plug, KO.

Darth Avis
earth is 6,900,000,000 ABY. big grin no really

kamikz
I agree with you on some parts Ianus, but do remember that even though the force lives in the real world, Yoda can't move an object he can't see or is close to. Like he can't help Obi-Wan and Anakin during their fight against Dooku with the force because he doesent know what happens. He will not know what Neo is doing in that chair nor would he think about pulling the plug. And I doubt he can inside the matrix and so far away from that place. Tell me if I'm wrong. smile

DrDoom101
in the other thread, the thread creator said this was neo after his fight with smith. wouldnt that make Yoda winning by default? since neo died?

Ianus
Well, the problem therein is that Neo is strapped to a chair. He's more or less nonforce sensitive. Yoda is a jedi master, capable of being able to detect things in the Force via meditation. I mean, this isn't like Sidious or Dooku who both know techniques to actively cloak themselves... this is some jobber sitting in a chair with a plug in his head. The thread never says that Yoda has to be plugged in, either.

I mean, you could argue that Neo can beat anyone in the Matrix, since he has an unnatural advantage in that area. He's literally hardwired to interface with it better than anyone, if I recall corrrectly. But in the real world, where Yoda's power is, he would die horribly.

kamikz
Is this Neo in the real world??? Then he will get owned. If it's Neo with his powers he will have a good chance of winning. I'm confused. confused

Or mabey he still has a chance in the real world. He can blow up those robots by rasing his hand, even hundreds of them coming in his direction. Think he can blow Yoda??

overlord
JKozzy is utterly retarded IMO! big grin

(and he immediately chose neo after making poll)

Ianus
Originally posted by kamikz
Is this Neo in the real world??? Then he will get owned. If it's Neo with his powers he will have a good chance of winning. I'm confused. confused

Or mabey he still has a chance in the real world. He can blow up those robots by rasing his hand, even hundreds of them coming in his direction. Think he can blow Yoda??

Uh, it's pretty easy. The Force gives Yoda amazing abilities.

Neo could simply affect robots and programs connected to the Matrix, even in the real world. at most he could do an EMP attack. That isn't gonna stop Yoda. Evidence wise, Neo's abilities are more or less exclusive to the Matrix and to its agents. Yoda's Force, however, exists around and in all living things. It has no such restrictions, and Yoda would kick his ass. Period.

kamikz
Ok but is this Neo as he is in the Matrix or outside??

Borbarad
I don't see the point of this debate.

In the "real" world, Yoda would destroy Neo.

Inside the Matrix Neo's powers are still very limited. He can't influence other people "directly" with his powers (throw them around and throw stuff on them...things like that) - Yoda can. Next thing is that there isn't any weapon inside the Matrix that can stop a lightsaber and as we have seen in "Matrix: Reloaded" Neo can be hurt with normal weapons and a lightsaber will cut him down.

So how the hell Neo should be able to win this since he has no defence against Yoda's force powers and Yoda's lightsaber ?

kamikz
In the Matrix, Neo would probably be able to blow Yoda's lightsaber up by rasing his hand. Neo can also jump into peoples bodys and blow them up from the inside. He can fly damn fast and would take alot of hits before going down. I'm not a Neo fanboy, not a chance in hell. I just don't think your giving him the credit he deserves.

Ianus
The only people Neo "blows up" are programs.

kamikz
Well I don't belive Yoda could unplugg him, have we ever seen Yoda lift something that is so far away from him than we can't see it, not really. I doubt he could just sit down, concentrate, feel Neo sitting in that chair and unplugg it. Neo will also be fighting him at the same time.

Bullets move alot faster than the laser in star wars and can't be deflected back at the opponent. Neo can also fly at a very high speed making it very hard for Yoda too hit him.

Neo's seeing ability reminds me alot about flies, they see everything in slow-mo making them able to dodge a human trying to kill them, Neo is exactly the same way. That way he will have a less harder time hitting him while flying in the air and shooting at him and have an easier time dodging Yodas attacks.

Neo can still interact with other things like staffs, swords, and draw them towards him or blow them up. Could he not blow Yoda's lightsaber up?

JKozzy
Originally posted by overlord
JKozzy is utterly retarded IMO! big grin

(and he immediately chose neo after making poll) Actually, I haven't voted yet.

overlord
Damn.. Busted.. (feared that would happen) erm

Ianus
Well I don't belive Yoda could unplugg him, have we ever seen Yoda lift something that is so far away from him than we can't see it, not really. I doubt he could just sit down, concentrate, feel Neo sitting in that chair and unplugg it. Neo will also be fighting him at the same time.

Yoda could keep up with Neo in the Matrix. Why? He's used to fighting that fast. The Matrix interprets your movements and actions inside the program based on your neural output. Yoda is wise, smart, and like I said, used to moving very fast. He would be able to hang with Neo in melee combat. Technically Morpheus hung with Neo in melee combat for quite some time, and he is a normal human being.

So you're saying there's no way he couldn't unplug Neo? At all? Yoda felt the slaying of the jedi across star systems. I bet if he was trying he could find Neo's inert body, especially since Neo would be easy to detect in the Force given his unusual (Or unnatural) nature. And saying he has to see it is ridiculous... Yoda wasn't even looking when he lifted the X-Wing.

Bullets move alot faster than the laser in star wars and can't be deflected back at the opponent. Neo can also fly at a very high speed making it very hard for Yoda too hit him.

Bullets would be enveloped in the lightsaber's blade and disappear. And Neo can't fight at that speed. It's a mode of transportation.

Neo's seeing ability reminds me alot about flies, they see everything in slow-mo making them able to dodge a human trying to kill them, Neo is exactly the same way. That way he will have a less harder time hitting him while flying in the air and shooting at him and have an easier time dodging Yodas attacks.

And by the same measure Yoda senses things through the Force and is used to moving at breakneck speeds. I don't see the definate advantage.

Neo can still interact with other things like staffs, swords, and draw them towards him or blow them up. Could he not blow Yoda's lightsaber up?

Watch Matrix: Reloaded. See him fight those normal humans? See him fight those programs? Yoda could pwn the hell out of those guys. He isn't a melee god.

kamikz
Originally posted by Ianus

He aint trying his hardest against the humans, watch him before the fight, he puts his hand behind his back and waits for them to attack him, it's in the end, when he starts to bleed from when parrying the sword that makes him attack. And these are not normal humans, (at least not if your talking about the Megrovinians guards, those are the only normal persons I recall him fighting). They can jump incredibly incredible high and can take hits with sharp knifes without dying. Neo hits a person three times in the head, still that doesent kill him.

You have convinced me though that Yoda will surely be able to stand up or beat Neo. Great Job. smile

Edit: ops some quotes got totally wrong, hope you can read it anyway.

Morpheus
i've voted.
i'll Watch matrix and star wars.
i'll come back later.

b-dan

Neo can still interact with other things like staffs, swords, and draw them towards him or blow them up. Could he not blow Yoda's lightsaber up? how could he unplug neo he can go into the matrix just thinking about it. And if he can stop bullets im pirttysure he can stop a lightsaber and he can fly yoda cant but yoda can jump pritty high and isnt Neo like god in the matrix anyway he can change the program the way he sees fit hes the chosen one he could probably just unplug Yoda rather than yoda unplugging him and how in gods name would yoda unplug him hes in the matrix to.

kamikz
What are you talking about?? I was talking in Neo's favour in that post, not Yodas. I said he couldent unplug him.
And it's hard to read when your just writing a floating text, try using some dots.

Zarathustra
Can Yoda even use the Force inside The Matrix? I don't think it even has a program for the Force. Anyway, though, I see no real reason why Yoda wouldn't be able to do whatever Neo can within the parameters of the Matrix. One's abilities in the Matrix are based on his ability to see past the world of shadows cast down over his eyes, in an obvious allusion to the allegory of the cave. To break or bend the rules, one need only see that they don't apply to him. "Stop trying to hit me and hit me", right? Well, here's another one: "Do or do not, there it no try." Aren't those exactly the same sentiment?
Well, Yoda is already easily able to see past his aparent limitation in the real world where there are actually concrete rules. Seeing past the malleable rules of the Matrix would come to him as easily as breathing. If Yoda can indeed use the Force within the Matrix, Neo can't even hope for a stalemate because, hey, all that rule bending Yoda's doing is just on top of the things he can really physically do.
Neo's best possible outcome is a tie.

Zarathustra

Well, I wouldn't take what's visually occuring in Star Wars to represent what is supposedly the physical reality. You say yourself that those blast are lasers, and thus they would move at the speed of light: much faster than a bullet. Of course, being lasers they should be invisible, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting battle scene as all you would see is explosions and men falling over for no apparent reason. Just like you wouldn't hear anything in space: physical realities take a back seat to looking good, so I wouldn't really try to apply special effects to physics.
Also, who's to say the bullets wouldn't bounce off? Metal staffs used by droids are deflected by a Jedi's lightsaber, so wouldn't a bullet ricochet off as well?

b-dan
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Well, I wouldn't take what's visually occuring in Star Wars to represent what is supposedly the physical reality. You say yourself that those blast are lasers, and thus they would move at the speed of light: much faster than a bullet. Of course, being lasers they should be invisible, but that wouldn't make for a very interesting battle scene as all you would see is explosions and men falling over for no apparent reason. Just like you wouldn't hear anything in space: physical realities take a back seat to looking good, so I wouldn't really try to apply special effects to physics.
Also, who's to say the bullets wouldn't bounce off? Metal staffs used by droids are deflected by a Jedi's lightsaber, so wouldn't a bullet ricochet off as well? neo can stop them isnt he as fast as light and he can see things before they happen

Ianus
Originally posted by b-dan
neo can stop them isnt he as fast as light and he can see things before they happen

LMFAO!

Yes, this was convincing evidence.

Zarathustra
My, articulate.

kamikz
Originally posted by Zarathustra
Also, who's to say the bullets wouldn't bounce off? Metal staffs used by droids are deflected by a Jedi's lightsaber, so wouldn't a bullet ricochet off as well?

So you are saying that the jedi can move their hands in the speed of light? The laser ain't moving that slow because he wants the fights to look cool, check out the "jedi temple purge" (not the one with Ragnos) for some info.
I would belive that the bullet would simply melt instead of being deflected back at Neo. The staffs that the droids are using isent normal metal staffs but lightsaber resistant staffs. GL says that this weapon is the only one (in the films) that can resist lightsaber attacks.

overlord
So... What is supposed to happen in this fight anyway?

Neo constantly running away from a lightsaber and secretly punch Yoda in the back when he has a chance?

This thread is actually about people with matrix avathars coming here because they are bored. How else do we have six Neo votes?

jollyjim311
Yoda uses his Jedi mind trick. After seeing the second and third Matrix movies Neo is definately weak-minded.

Every other line was like:
"Who?"
"Why?"
"But how?"

b-dan
at least Neo can speak properly

Ianus
Originally posted by b-dan
at least Neo can speak properly

lmfao!

You, sir, are Mister Convincing.

Neo: "Whoa!"
Yoda: "Whup your ass, I will"
Neo: "There is no spoon."
Yoda: "WFT?"

legacy92
wusnt the mod sopose to combine them ?

kamikz
Neo was not weakminded because he didn't know the answere to some questions. He is able to completly empty his mind and is very focused on the moment, Yoda would not be able to use a mind trick.
And why is every body saying Neo would constantly run, he could either just fly up in the air, stay there and shoot with his guns, or mabey he could destroy Yoda's lightsaber with his telekanesis.

overlord
Destroy Yoda's lightsaber with his mind? Is that because Yoda is a computer program or something? What logic is this?

So all arguments are that Neo goes running away and shooting at Yoda? Guess what! Yoda destroys all bullets and Neo runs out of them. Neo dies in a fight with Yoda.
Let's close this dumb thread and use a Jango versus Yoda thread instead.

Ianus
Neo was not weakminded because he didn't know the answere to some questions. He is able to completly empty his mind and is very focused on the moment, Yoda would not be able to use a mind trick.
And why is every body saying Neo would constantly run, he could either just fly up in the air, stay there and shoot with his guns, or mabey he could destroy Yoda's lightsaber with his telekanesis.

For someone who's not a Neo fanboy, you're sure going to the wall for him.

kamikz
Why are you saying I'm going off the wall with him just because I say he has a chance of winning. I just post my oppinion and if I know Neo could do something while some say he can't, I have the rights to post that without being called a fanboy.
No one has yet still convinced me how Yoda is being able to kill Neo while he's up in the air, shooting bullets at him, I mean he could fly up way higher than Yoda could jump and pull out a sniper rifle.
I'm not sticking with Neo in any weather, no one has just said something that makes me belive Yoda would beat him as easy as you guys say he would.
I belive Yoda would win but he would definently not own him, if Neo got his chance he would kill Yoda just as well.

overlord
Why are you saying I'm going off the wall with him just because I say he has a chance of winning. I just post my oppinion and if I know Neo could do something while some say he can't, I have the rights to post that without being called a fanboy.
No one has yet still convinced me how Yoda is being able to kill Neo while he's up in the air, shooting bullets at him, I mean he could fly up way higher than Yoda could jump and pull out a sniper rifle.
I'm not sticking with Neo in any weather, no one has just said something that makes me belive Yoda would beat him as easy as you guys say he would.
I belive Yoda would win but he would definently not own him, if Neo got his chance he would kill Yoda just as well. You're counting on some chance? Yoda defends against all those slow low technology bullets. And because this thread is about them fighting and not fleeing, Yoda wins because Neo isn't going to be able to pound Yoda.

Yoda is superior, period.

kamikz
Overlord, are you sure that bullets are slower than the laser???
In the jedi temple purge thread, everyone said that the british army would win because bullets can't be seen when shot and are to fast.
And as I said, I belive Yoda would take this but definently not as easy as you guys have said before.

Could you just please tell me how Yoda would deflect all the bullets and how he would reach Neo when he is high up in the air I would appreciate that. smile

overlord
Could you just please tell me how Yoda would deflect all the bullets
They may get deflected, probably destroyed but we know at least that they won't go through the power of a lightsaber.

In the jedi temple purge thread, everyone said that the british army would win because bullets can't be seen when shot and are to fast

That's just exaguration.. Don't think that you can take statements you find here as instantly true, it's all theory and speculation.
Let's assume that lightspeed lasers are even faster.

and how he would reach Neo when he is high up in the air I would appreciate that

This is Neo vs Yoda, not Neo running away from Yoda. Yoda is superior in a fight.

Let's just drop this dumb thread or I'll pull a Gryn Jabar on your ass.

kamikz
I agree that Yoda is more powerful so in this fight he wins. But if it was in a fight of survival with anything allowed you have to agree with me that Neo would stand a BIG chance.
One more thing, if the laser in star wars goes in lightspeed that would mean we couldent see it and the jedi would move their hands in lightspeed, therefore the lightsaber duels would be much faster. You have to agree that you speculate at that point to.

Ok let this thread die.

overlord
Well, I didn't actually see laserbeams fly, I have only seen residu lighting from it for brief moments. (at least in the OT.. I don't know about the PT in this case)
I think it's safe to say that the laserbeams go faster than viewable because of the light allowing us to see it in the first place..

I can't imagine a laserbeam traveling through the sky slower than a bullet anyway.

kamikz
Yeah, but in the PT it seems like they hit them exactly when the red (the light) gets near, so that would probably mean that they would get hit, mabey I'm wrong. Whatever, shall we stop posting on this thread now?

jollyjim311
Kamikz, you are applying super reflexes, not precog, Jedi can get their lightsabers up to block shots before they are even shot.

aquaman
first of all i think that the guy who made this thread meant both yoda and neo fighting one on one at their best. lets exclude all this unplugging neo crap etc. Neo's speed focus is far more effective than yoda's supersped and his edi powers hat enable him to predict incoming attacks. Neo would be able to focus his speed and basically slow down time and could probably shoot yoda without even almost geting hit by his lightsaber.

kamikz
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Kamikz, you are applying super reflexes, not precog, Jedi can get their lightsabers up to block shots before they are even shot.

How about when many people shoot at the same time, they deflect the shots after there being shot.

Look at AOTC when Mace Windu is getting attacked by those SB droids and they are far away. Both of them open fire and Mace deflects. If it would move in lightspeed the laser would be there in less than a second and you can clearly see that Mace isent moving his hands to the place they are going to shoot before they have fired. They shoot about 4-5 blasts in a row and there are two of them, so it's impossible for him to move his lightsaber before they have shot. That means he has to move his hands in lightspeed, which he clearly doesent.

Zarathustra
Yeah, and TIE fighters make sounds in space. The film-makers take creative license.
Although I would add that the lightsaber needs to be moved fast enough to be where it needs to be in between the times when a blaster fires, not after it fires and before the light travels to its target. If Mace can deflect two blasts one after another, there must have been a space in between when they are fired.

kingkman
Yoda can use the force, he would kick neo's ass, just throw his lightsaber at him. that should do the trick.

kingkman
wait i just read what you said aquaman and i take it back, neo would probably win.

overlord
Yeah, aquaman is the shit.
Neo's speed focus is far more effective than yoda's supersped and his edi powers hat enable him to predict incoming attacks. Neo would be able to focus his speed and basically slow down time and could probably shoot yoda without even almost geting hit by his lightsaber.

Yeah, Neo slows time and shoots Yoda to death.. What logic.. So I guess the bullets can slow down time too, don't they? And with Matrix force vibration they manage to disable a jedi's ability to feel where the bullets will end up.
F*cking stupid BS just like aquamans arguments.

I don't get why this stupid thread is allowed to live anyway.

aquaman
look overkill you are obviously not the brightest pee in the pod so let me make it a bit more simpler for you you ****ing idiot. neo's speed focus ability which enables to slow down time is far more effective against yoda bcos he is able to move at the same speed and he is still able to concentrate whereas yoda would only move a hell of a lot faster than he could think. All neo would have to do would be to superspeed behind yoda, (which by the way yoda has no way of stopping as his control over the force is not good enough) and shoot him in the back with a m16. How is yoda going to stop that you idiot. Tell me how he would an ill admit i was wrong but in the future how about you actually form a solid argument instead of shouting bs sarcasm which nobody gets and then you can try and act cocky. until then go back to your hole and continue licking ianus's ass.

kingkman
oh no bruv aquaman completely ripped the piss out of you.

Darth Faunus
zOmG!! bruv he jus pwn3d u now foo so shut up b4 i beet u up wit my amzing clevrness and skillz!

kingkman
faunus how old r u. in your 30s, 40s bcos you are behaving like a 6 year old.

Darth Faunus
And you spell like one.

You think I'm in my forties? Lol!

kingkman
oh sorry yur in your 50s

Darth Faunus
Yep. You hit puberty yet?

kingkman
yes i have old man, have you lost your hair yet.

Darth Faunus
Not quite. Thanks for the consideration.

Ianus
Alright, you're reported. I KNOW Aquaman is your sock, Kingman.

kamikz
Originally posted by kingkman
yes i have old man, have you lost your hair yet.

I think he was talking about the time when a boy becomes a man and gets mature, you must have been mistaken.

Have your hair grown out yet?

kingkman
kamitz stay awake you only ever now half of whats going on. i was saying that bcos faunus is an old man, keep up slow boy

Darth Faunus
Slow boy yourself. I really do hope you know what's going on.

kamikz
Kingman, your the one being slow, you still havent realised that you are the one flaming. Don't you remember anything from what you have done, then you would know why they don't appreciate seeing you here. If you just would have apologised for what you have done before then non of this would happend.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.