Movie with small robots that give lethal injections?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jrh008
I'm trying to find the title to a movie I saw a long time ago, early 90's late 80's in which I remember only two things.
1. There are tiny robots that look like spiders with syringes on their front. They hide in small places and wait for someone to come near and when they are not looking they crawl out and stick them with their little needle. In one scene, a woman gets killed in a public bathroom stall by one of these robots.
2. During a high speed chase down a freeway the culprits are activating small remote control bombs which they lower onto the freeway through a hole in the vehicle and then drive them into position under other vehicles on the freeway before detonating them.

This movie was interesting in that it used such small toy like things to kill and destroy, any help would be appreciated thanks

big gay kirk
Its got Tom Selleck in it, if I remember..... its on channel five in the UK quite oftenn.... I think its called "Runaway" but I could be wrong.....

jenzie
yep, RUNAWAY is the name

jrh008
Thanks for the help, exactly what I was looking for.

Koala MeatPie
Movie Trivia Forum...

Evil Genius
Gene Simmons from Kiss starred in it

Evil Genius
and Tom Selleck I think

SlickRick69
yeah RUNAWAY, Tom Selleck, the police bomb squad dude, vs Gene Simmons, playing against-type (LOL) as a meglamaniacal bazzilionaire psycho bent on world domination

loved those 'smart bullets' and the spider bombs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.