How do people react to you being on forums?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fianna
I was just wondering if people tell friends/family that they come on forums...or not..and how they react to you being online.. confused

My parents hate it...my sister goes on forums as well so it doesn't bother her..and I've only told a few friends..who reacted okay to it..though one of them was like "Promise me you will never meet anyone" ..
just before I went and meet someone.. stick out tongue

Imperfect_Love
My parents don't know...they would kill me
My friends are okay with it (one of them comes on here), exept one. She is always telling Diamond~Kisses off for coming here, and now she's starting on me. I think she's kind of admitted to herself that we are gonna keep coming here, but she just tells us not to meet anyone...like we would...no offence anyone

Tired Hiker
I don't tell my friends about it anymore, they don't understand how fun it can be. For the most part, I keep it to myself.

Sir Mist
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I don't tell my friends about it anymore, they don't understand how fun it can be. For the most part, I keep it to myself.

Exactly cool

Fianna
I don't tell my friends about it anymore, they don't understand how fun it can be. For the most part, I keep it to myself. Yeah, I've decided to stop doing that now..they seem to think online automatically means paedophiles..messed

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by Fianna
Yeah, I've decided to stop doing that now..they seem to think online automatically means paedophiles..messed

I hear you there. It sux that this happens. I simply love movies, love KMC, love ranting and chilling on kmc with you fun folks, and that's pretty much it. Also, it mildly satisfies my attention whore needs. happy

BakaXero
i have been classed a loser cry

so i dont tell them shifty
my bro hated forums but then he joined one. (not this one though...)

ladygrim
most of them dont know .....

those tht do are the members that hardly come on here

Fianna
I hear you there. It sux that this happens. I simply love movies, love KMC, love ranting and chilling on kmc with you fun folks, and that's pretty much it. Also, it mildly satisfies my attention whore needs. happy

Yup..that's exactly it yes ..let out your inner attention whore..stick out tongue

..I came at first becuase no one else I knew read X-Men comics...it pleases the geek in me... wink

Tired Hiker
I spent an entire year here watching movie trailers before I registered as a forum member. Then I registered, and my life went in a direction I never thought it would, sorta like northeastern western and then a bit south, then west again. yes

BakaXero
i dont use this place as an excuse to be attention whore. if i wanted attention i'll can find other ways of getting it. I may regret it later. but whats done is done.

Tired Hiker
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura
Hmmm, well most people I know are fully aware I come to this forum, none of them have ever had a problem with it, but then I never knew there were people out there who did...

Tired Hiker
My dad actually belongs to a forum, not this one, but we both made an agreement a long time ago that we'd never try to figure out where the other hangs out. I think he belongs to some Classic Rock forum in some other dimension.

Fallen Jedi
i told my parents... big mistake, so much drama, yadda yadda yadda (thus the reason i was gone for a year). but now i'm living on my own with the freedom to do whatever the hell i want.

my two best friends know about this place. they use to post here a lot a while back, but they don't anymore. i've never really told anyone else about KMC.

i'm still a bit of geek. stick out tongue

Clovie
Parents know. and generally don't mind
sis is spending time on some forum anyway
same goes to most of friends

and recently i've sinng up to some new forum and i tend to meeting there ppl i know IRL anyway laughing out loud big grin

Tired Hiker
I belong to one other forum where i know a bunch of people in RL as well. It's cool, on a different level.

Fallen Jedi
i've tried searching for forums as good as KMC but i can never find one. cry

Tired Hiker
Yeah, I can't really compare Tribe.net with Kmc Forums, they are both great on different levels. Tribe.net is cool in that you can make connections with different tribes of people who can guide you to finding jobs, housing, parties, and you invite friends to your tribe you create who are usually connected with someone you know. My tribe is called 'DHA'. Dry Humpers Anonymous. happy

BakaXero
i've been on other forums. but i dont like posting on some of them because. it either not my topic or they are full of idiots. same goes for why i dont like to venture to other areas of kmc much. i know about the idiots in otf but im not sure what kinda stupidity exist outside them. I must admit the stupidity on the otf is not as bad as some of the other forums that are out there.

fini
Hmmm I dont tell much people. My brother is on a few gaming forums. I was on another forum, but they carry on like real bitches when you dont write as if your 12. I made some weed joke and I got kicked out.

I like KMC, lot more to talk about, and even things that I didn't know you could have any sort of conversation bout * Fini eyes the attention whores*

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by BakaXero
i've been on other forums. but i dont like posting on some of them because. it either not my topic or they are full of idiots. same goes for why i dont like to venture to other areas of kmc much. i know about the idiots in otf but im not sure what kinda stupidity exist outside them. I must admit the stupidity on the otf is not as bad as some of the other forums that are out there.

True dat, essay! big grin

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by fini
Hmmm I dont tell much people. My brother is on a few gaming forums. I was on another forum, but they carry on like real bitches when you dont write as if your 12. I made some weed joke and I got kicked out.

I like KMC, lot more to talk about, and even things that I didn't know you could have any sort of conversation bout * Fini eyes the attention whores*

Dude, weed jokes rule, yo! You are above them. yes

BakaXero
True dat, essay! big grin
did you just call me a term paper?

Tired Hiker
did you just call me a term paper?

Yessss! erm

BakaXero
ok. just wanted to be clear

Fianna
I go to a few others and have my own forum..but none of them get the traffic that KMC does..though sometimes it's nicer to have a smaller, more exclusive place to go..

BakaXero
I go to a few others and have my own forum..but none of them get the traffic that KMC does..though sometimes it's nicer to have a smaller, more exclusive place to go..
one of the mods here has a small forum... its messed up. partly due to me.

Tired Hiker
There is a guy named Emile who lives in South America. He has no idea that I even exist, let alone reacts to me being on forums.

BakaXero
theres a guy in America named preston. that ends my story no expression

Syren
All my friends know I go on forums a lot, and none of them are bothered by it... it's just more ammunition for them, another excuse to make me feel humiliated.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I love my friends love

Tired Hiker
*dry humps Syren* evil face big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
i dont use this place as an excuse to be attention whore. if i wanted attention i'll can find other ways of getting it. I may regret it later. but whats done is done.

I do quite a lot smile its fun, you should try it -

My girlfriend knows because I live with her - I don't really talk about it to other people at all.

Syren
*dry humps Syren* evil face big grin

nono

You're supposed to be anonymous!!

Check the member pic thread, I could do with your opinion on my hair. Yay or nay dahling? eyes

Bloigen
Yeah, I've decided to stop doing that now..they seem to think online automatically means paedophiles..messed

confused

DarkC
My friends say I have no life.

GCG
Actually, a lot of people I know are a bit shy to use forums. I tell them how advantageous it is. But they dont understand. In my case, I work all alone and at night and it does get boring sometimes, so apart from the Internet, there are forums.

Alpha Centauri
I don't really give a shit, nor do my parents.

-AC

crispycream
well this is kinda the first time i've come on a forum cos i;m bored and i can't sleep but i usually chat which is fun cos u get instant replies

Syren
Instant messenger has that advantage, of course, but it's the only real advantage. I think being a member of a forum, for me, gives me a sense of security and unity. I feel accepted cry

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.