Humility versus Arrogance in Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pondo Booboo
Okay, let's get down to it, Stars Wars fans! Personally, I have no doubt, on my short time on this site, that there will be opinions which will be widely varying on this issue. And I wanna see what they are. So let's see... Was Obi Wan right? IS humility the path to light? Or was he full of it? Saber weilding Jedi on both side. IS it wise to stay calm, or should you cut loose on any little punk? Let's find out in the heat of discussion! Let's find out!

Click click click....ready!

aj_vader
cue the imperial march,

oh thats better

love marry me anakin

overlord
Arrogance is never a good thing. Period.

Ianus
Let's see...

Users of arrogance in battles...

Maul (TPM)
Anakin (AOTC)
Dooku (ROTS)
Sidious (ROTS)
Anakin (ROTS)
Tarkin (ANH... not a jedi, but a trend is developing here)
Luke (ESB)
Sidious (ROTJ)

So yeah, I'd say arrogance gets you OWN3D.

Dirk Jade
i think Ianus just destroyed everyones arguing point. no one has any grounds... but i have to add a couple who are aragant and dont get totally Screwed...

Han solo
Chewbacca
R2D2

starwarsrules14
Ianus is right, arrogance is not a good way to fight, however, there are times when you need to cut loose. Mace Windu did, but I guess he only got killed in the end huh erm But here I will emphasize the word "sometimes".

Ballister
Arrogance is bad most of the time, but if you know your limits and how to control it, then it can help in battle.

Ianus
Originally posted by Dirk Jade
i think Ianus just destroyed everyones arguing point. no one has any grounds... but i have to add a couple who are aragant and dont get totally Screwed...

Han solo
Chewbacca
R2D2

Well, Han Solo has no fewer than fifty seven guardian angels watching over him at all times. This extends to Chewie somewhat.

Artoo is THE head of the mighty Astromech Pantheon and is a god in his own right.

Great Vengeance
Exar Kun was the epitome of arrogance, and he did pretty well in his battles.

Ianus
Yeah, and in his arrogance he bound himself to a temple and went insane.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Ianus

The point is, he owned whoever dared face him in combat. Revan was said to be arrogant as well. Hell pretty much all sith are arrogant, and sith can generally best jedi in combat.

SS_181st_Snow

My dream...Oh, wait, I did that here.

Ianus
Actually, Revan was never said to be too arrogant. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. And this is a movie section; no sense in you wrongly arguing EU here, GV.

Great Vengeance
Actually, Revan was never said to be too arrogant. I'm not sure where you're getting that from. And this is a movie section; no sense in you wrongly arguing EU here, GV.

Revan was said to be arrogant by the jedi masters in kotor. I didnt know EU was forbidden here, oh well if you want to continue in the EU forums I'll be happy to oblige.

Ushgarak
Don't mistake confidence for arrogance.

SS_181st_Snow
I think Humility takes this one. Arrogance got it's legs chopped off on Mustafar.

Spearhead
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
Ianus is right, arrogance is not a good way to fight, however, there are times when you need to cut loose. Mace Windu did, but I guess he only got killed in the end huh erm But here I will emphasize the word "sometimes".

he lost, but not because of arrogance...in Anakin's mind, it wasn't Jedi vs Sith, it was Mace Windu, the man who has distrusted Anakin ever since he came to Coruscant vs Chancellor Palpatine, the man who took Anakin under his wing, got him onto the council, says to have the knowledge to save Padme...well, you get the idea

Ballister
... Yup!

henniestevens
If arrogance means you get cocky and start to make mistakes, hell yeah humility is better in battle.

starwarsrules14
Let's just say don't be aggresive, be assertive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.