Gillyweed...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
you guys notice that in the book, dobby gives harry the gillyweed, but in the movie it is neville? WTF?

The Ones
Yes. Yes we did notice

daeri
OMFG! Nooo... stupid stupid.... aarg... I didn't even see it yet, but HOWWW can they

zac_j
This really is a spoiler. I haven't seen the movie yet.

The Ones
yea. they cut out voldemort in the film aswell

hotsauce6548
I was hoping to see Dobby, but it doesn't matter if he's in it or not.

The Phantom
They just couldn't but Dobby in the movie. It would mean to put Winky and the SPEW thing all in and it would be too long (though I wouldn't mind.

DarkC
That certainly f*cks up the plot.

Joseph_Kerr
It works in the movie and makes sense in terms of the storytelling. Besides, I liked the idea of giving Neville more of a role in the movie.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DarkC
That certainly f*cks up the plot.

What?

Barker
Originally posted by The Ones
yea. they cut out voldemort in the film aswell
hysterical

The Ones
i was being sarcastic

DarkC
I liked Dobby. schmoll

Barker
Originally posted by The Ones
i was being sarcastic
That's What I Found Funny. no expression............ laughing out loud

Insomnia
I'm glad they cut dobby. Just like Lucas and Jar-jar.

But the gillyweed scene looked too much like a drug deal, in my opinion. Did anyone else notice that? Neville had it stashed away and all, then slipped it into Harry's hand as they walked... "Shiiiiiit, Neville... You're a lifesaver." "Yeah, just pop that into your mouth, effects last about an hour or so, but listen- don't mix it with saltwater, that shit will **** you up."

ladygrim
Originally posted by Joseph_Kerr
It works in the movie and makes sense in terms of the storytelling. Besides, I liked the idea of giving Neville more of a role in the movie.

me too i found dobby abit annoying i liked the idea of giving neville more of a role too

Sir J
i like it

hotsauce6548
Well, if Dobby was in the film, moronic fanboys and girls would complain that Winky wasn't in it, and then if Winky was in it, they would complain that SPEW wasn't in it, and then if SPEW wasn't in it, they wouldn't be able to think of something related to SPEW so they would choose some random thing like the Dursleys and complain that they weren't in it. no expression

Joseph_Kerr
Amen to that hotsauce. wink

Black Rob
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
you guys notice that in the book, dobby gives harry the gillyweed, but in the movie it is neville? WTF? Who cares honestly? Besides it fits in pretty well being that that's why Moody gave him the book in the first place

The Ones
Mad Eye/Barty Crouch: Do you think Neville Longbottom, The witless wonder, could have provided you with Gillyweed if i hadnt lent him the book that led him straight to it

hpfan811
??????????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.