favorite Sean Connery Bond movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Whats your favorite Sean Connery James Bond Movie and why?
the Connery Bond movies of course are

1.Dr No
2.From Russia With Love
3.Goldfinger
4.Thunderball
5.You Only Live Twice
6.Diamonds are Forever
7.Never Say Never Again.

Mine is Never say Never again because the special effects were the coolest of the connery bond films,good storyline although not the best of his,but mainly because of Kim Basinger and the girl-cant remember her name off hand,the one that played the female villain fatima blush,they were the best connery bond girls and were so gorgeous. big grin Plus it was funny watching connery- a guy who was old enough to be fatima blush's grandfather,seduce her. laughing whats yours?

Clovie
can't decide (what a surprise...)

FRWL and YOLT eek!

Mr Parker
Yeah I understand what you mean,their all good and its hard to pick one,it wasnt easy for me.

Mando
You only live twice. I can't get enough of that one.

Actually now that I think of it, any Bond movie with "Jaws".

yerssot
pfff...FRWL, Goldfinger or Thunderball messed

FRWL has a great story, is focusing on the spypart
GF is showing a different Bond: one that has actually not a big role and gets easily beaten
TB because it shows the archetype plot: worlddomination due using a superweapon

Doc Ock
This one is easy-Goldfinger.The best Bond movie EVER!!!!

Auric Goldfinger,Oddjob,Pussy Galore,girl painted gold,the Aston Martin.....so many cool things in this.

It has still to be topped IMO.Brilliance.

yerssot
and I believe it still holds a record to date

Doc Ock
A record of what??

BAILY
From Russia with Love.. easily the best Bond movie.... I wont argue with the Goldfinger lovers.. it was a great movie too.. but FRWL is my personal fav..

Robert Shaw was a great villain... this movie had the hottest Bond girl IMO too... mmmm Tatianna.. mmmm.... a Bentley car at the beginning.. and the first movie with Q I believe too!!! It is a classic and I feel it is the definitive Bond movie...

yerssot
Originally posted by Doc Ock
A record of what??
Top second sequals with 106% improvement

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/sequel2.htm

Doc Ock
Originally posted by yerssot
Top second sequals with 106% improvement

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/sequel2.htm

Awesome big grin

yerssot
yeah, but that's As of "7/28/02", I would take Return of the King (LOTR III) would be number one now messed

Doctor Lecter
From Russia With Love is my favorite. I also think it's the best Bond movie.

yerssot
then how do you rate GoldFinger?
Just asking cause most people think of both of them as excellent

Mr Parker
goldfinger is one of my favorites of the bond series as well.

bakerboy
Mr parker, the girl who played fatima in never say never again was Barbara Carrera, a very hot thing.

For me, Sean Connery is the best bond ever. here is my ranking of his movies:

1: Goldfinger( best bond movie ever)

2: From Russia with love( great plot and great fight on the train)

3: Doctor no( the one who started everything and ursula andress in a bikini, great.,)

4: Thunderball( a little overrated, but still pretty good)

5: You only live twice( very original with the plot in japan)

6: Diamonds are forever( maybe the worst official connery bond movie, but the shirley bassey theme was great)

7: Never say never again( not a official movie, a remake of thunderball and maybe the worst Connery movie playing Bond. But it had some good points like the girls and some action scenes)

Darth Kreiger
Goldfinger, it had good dialogue, characters, story, plus Oddjob! eek!

Tangent
All the Connery movies are excellent. Even if the Cold War politics and social attitudes are a bit outdated, these movies blazed new ground in action-adventure. If I'm in the mood for a "serious" Bond, FRWL is the best. But it's hard to argue with the blending of plot, supporrting cast, music, setting, cinematography, plus that outlandish volcano, which together push YOLT to the top and over.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Dusty
You only live twice. I can't get enough of that one.

Actually now that I think of it, any Bond movie with "Jaws".

I have to agree.I just recently watched that movie again for the firs time in ages and since I have now seen them all recently,I got to say You Only Live twice is my favorite Sean Connery Bond movie followed by a very close second Thunderball.

coolmovies
Thunderball for me

Darth Martin
1. Dr.No
2. From Russia With Love
3. Goldfinger

sithsaber408
I can't pick, other than to say that Never Say Never is shit, and that I haven't actually seen Goldfinger all the way through embarrasment , so I'll say Thunderball.

Mr Parker
yeah thunderball is my second favorite after you only live twice

Darth Macabre
Thunderball....easily.

Mr Parker
Yeah Thunderball is a very close second for me.you should watch YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE again sometime.I hadnt seen that one in ages and was going by my memory when i first made this thread but after seeing that one recently,I rank it ahead of THUNDERBALL even.Its easily now my favorite.the music of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE is a lot better than THUNDERBALL so for that,i got to put it as my favorite.that and plus it had so much action in it as well.

Etrigan
FRWL, because it's the most spy-orientated and the least action-orientated of all the Bond films, which is why I like it best.

Goldfinger is an EXTREMELY close second.

Jovan
I agree with Etrigan!

Mr Parker
people you know there IS a Roger Moore favorite james bond thread as well just right below it to post your thoughts on THOSE movies as well you know?

Jovan
Originally posted by Mr Parker
people you know there IS a Roger Moore favorite james bond thread as well just right below it to post your thoughts on THOSE movies as well you know?
as soon as I find a good Roger Moore Bond movie, I'll post there laughing out loud

Mr Parker
well you need to start posting then because the ONLY one that isnt is A VIEW TO A KILL.

Jovan
you mean that's hte only bad one?

Mr Parker
well you need to start posting then because the ONLY one that isnt is A VIEW TO A KILL.

just to clear things up what I mean in this post is that A VIEW TO A KILL is the ONLY Roger Moore James Bond film thats bad.

Jovan
seriously? Wow! huge taste difference, I do not think any of them were any good... like, Moonraker?

Mr Parker
Loved it,great action scenes.

Chewy07
For me it has to FRWL. Sean looked really comfortable in the role and Robert Shaw was a fantastic villain.

Jovan
Loved it,great action scenes.
but considering what star wars had done the previous year, it had ugly FX

coolmovies
all of them

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Jovan
but considering what star wars had done the previous year, it had ugly FX

yeah but before the space battle,there were a lot of cool action scenes like the boat chase where he drops the bombs in the water and blows up the boats chasing him,my favorite boat chase after live and let die,and the fight with Jaws on the skyscraper lift ride.and how can you forget the opening sequence of him falling out of the airplane and having that fight with jaws in the air? that made it a fun and exciting film to watch.I never even thought about star wars while watching the movie because NO SCI FI film measures up to the greatness of star wars.of course you'll be let down if you think of it as a sci fi movie and try to compare it to Star Wars.

Jovan
I hav to say I do not remember anyting you wrote because I never watch it because I find it so bad :s perhaps I have to see it again, some day

Mr Parker
yeah you should at LEAST watch the movie all the way up until they have the laser fight in outer space since that seems to be your major beef with the movie is the outer space fight.Cause up till that point,its a typical james bond flick.

Jovan
the things I did remember didn't make it a good movie; like making Jaws fall in love and talk... it destroyed his myth

Mr Parker
oh yeah,I didnt like that part either.I want to see Bond DEFEAT his enemys.Not walk away from them cause the villain got good at the end.

Darth Martin
1. FRWL
2. TB
3. GF

Mr Parker
Looks like from russia with love and goldfinger have the lead so far.

=Tired Hiker=
I think I liked Thuderball the best because of the underwater action.

Mr Parker
thunderball didnt have jaws in it though.its my second favorite connery movie though,has a lot of great underwater action in it.maybe that was WHY it was?

=Tired Hiker=
thunderball didnt have jaws in it though.its my second favorite connery movie though,has a lot of great underwater action in it.maybe that was WHY it was?

What did I just say?

coolmovies
well if it wasnt for Connery bond would not have been that famouse

Mr Parker
true dat.

Darth Martin
1. From Russia With Love
2. Goldfinger
3. Dr. No
4. Thunderball
5. You Only Live Twice
6. Never Say Never Again

Haven't fully seen Diamonds Are Forever and quite frankly I don't really want to.

Mr Parker
yeah that one is my least favorite of the connery Bond films as well.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by coolmovies
Thunderball for me

great choice.thats my second favorite of his.For me its a close second behind You Only Live Twice.

steverules
Gold finger...Bond was caught and he coulda been killed...showed that Bond wasn't invincible and could be caught which made things more interesting than Bond just escaping all the time

Darth Martin
Originally posted by steverules
Gold finger...Bond was caught and he coulda been killed...showed that Bond wasn't invincible and could be caught which made things more interesting than Bond just escaping all the time Everything in Goldfinger was good except for the plot. That thing about Ft.Knox was lame. FRWL was perfect.

Darth Martin
thunderball didnt have jaws in it though.its my second favorite connery movie though,has a lot of great underwater action in it.maybe that was WHY it was? Jaws was lame and a sophmoric villain IMO.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by steverules
Gold finger...Bond was caught and he coulda been killed...showed that Bond wasn't invincible and could be caught which made things more interesting than Bond just escaping all the time

good point.The thing I like most about Goldfinger is the car.reminds me a lot of the game SPYHUNTER. big grin which Im sure was the inspiraction for that game. big grin

Darth Martin
The more you watch movies the more you find out that James Bond inspires everything. cool

Mr Parker
true.Like in one of Connerys Bond movies,he is actually talking about a watch Q gave him and asking him if its water proof-back then in the 60's if you had a water proof watch,you were the talk of the town and everybody was in awe of you if you had one,NOW of course,very few people who wear a watch dont have one thats not waterproof.and also in the spy who loved me,towards the end of the movie when Moore is on that wetbike riding it,I know from people who were around at that time old enough to see it when it came to the theaters,they told me the audiences were laughing when he got on that wetbike to rescue his girl from that underwater city where his girl was being held at because back then,they had never seen anything like it in their life.back then in the 70's,everybody wanted to be your new friend if you had one of those cause they were so rare and new.NOW if you go to a beach,its rare NOT to see someone skiing around on one of those.

MildPossession
I like Sean Connery, but for some reason I can't really remember the ones I liked out of all his films apart from Goldfinger. Can't remember enough to give an opinion, saw the films such a long time ago. Must watch them again.

Mr Parker
yeah thats a good idea,you should do that.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I can't pick, other than to say that Never Say Never is shit, and that I haven't actually seen Goldfinger all the way through embarrasment , so I'll say Thunderball.

I just finished rewatching all The Sean Connery/Roger Moore James Bond movies and I got to say,god what was I thinking listing Never Say Never Again as my favorite originally? sick as i said before,You Only Live Twice is easliy my favorite followed closely by Thunderball.Man This is the james bond film of the connery series thats right up there with Moores A View To A Kill as a real horrible Bond movie.I only liked it back then when i saw it as a kid cause of how gorgeous Kim Basinger and Barbara Carrera are,their the ONLY thing about that movie worth looking at.

This movie doesnt even coincide with the other Bond films at all.In For Your Eyes Only for example,we see Roger Moores Bond put flowers on the grave of his dead wife at the beginning and he then kills Blofield who has that white cat on him in the wheelchair and by that time,Connery's Bond had already destroyed and tore apart spectre that Blofield was running.Yet what do we see in this movie which was made two years later AFTER For Your Eyes Only? Blofield again and running spectre again AFTER it was established he was dead for sure now. roll eyes (sarcastic) Sith is right,Never Say Never Again is utter shit and should be burned.

bakerboy
Mr parker, it was because never say never again was a non official bond movie, out of the series. I mean, it was just a remake of thunderball( see how the story and the name of the characters are the same) out of the official series and made by another production company.

Mr Shindiggery
My favourite Connery movie is Dr No because its the first movie and one of the best Bond movies that was true to the Bond character and of course the first novel that Iain Flemming wrote. The movie also as a whole was great, great iconic scenes and it truly showed Bond`s nature and character that the later movies failed to do (Roger Moore`s movie series).

Game of Death
NSNA was made by WB , only EON produced films counts.

Hmm , I'd say DN or GF......

Mr Parker
Here it is for you Keefer.whats your favorite Connery Bond movie?

Keehar
Goldfinger, the definitive Bond movie.

Lethal Rogue
I like Goldfinger too, but i also like Dr. No.
Oddjob was awesome in goldfinger.

Plutonic_Hat90
Wait a sec, I haven't seen the originals in a long time, but was jaws in the Connery films? I thought he was only in The spy who loved me and Moonraker

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
I like Goldfinger too, but i also like Dr. No.
Oddjob was awesome in goldfinger.

Yeah I think he is tied with Jaws as the best Bond villian of all time.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
Wait a sec, I haven't seen the originals in a long time, but was jaws in the Connery films? I thought he was only in The spy who loved me and Moonraker

you are correct.Jaws was never in any of the Connery Bond films.He was only in those two films you mentioned The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker.Oddjob from Goldfinger gave him a run for his money though as Bonds most dangerous villian he ever fought though so maybe thats why you might have thought he was in Goldfinger.

darthmaul1
never say never again shouldn't be on the list as it's not even considered one of the bond movies and it was a remake of thunderball
Domino in the original thunderball was very pretty

Shadow_King
my favourite is you only live twice.

Darth Martin
1.FRWL
2.TB
3.DN
4.GF
5.YOLT
6.DAF
7.NSNA

mastagambit
I love From Russia With Love,it had all the traditional 'Bond' moments, Golden Eye is a rip off of it in my opinion.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Shadow_King
my favourite is you only live twice.

awesome.great to see someone else post on here who likes that one the best as well. Happy Dance

Daft Ada
I absolutely love From Russia With Love. I feel this is the film in which the franchise really gets under way. Connery really seems to be at ease with the part and it shows.

jayce78
My goodness , . . what a question. I will have to say Thunderball. I just felt like Connery was at his all time prime as Bond in that Film. When I think of Connery as Bond , that film is the first in my mind. I love Goldfinger , it a undesputible classic , but I just felt that Sean 60's high as 007 was Thunderball. That being said I also loved how he came back and played Bond in Diamonds are Forever. What a wonderful campy and fun classic 007 film. Written by the man who would eventualy give us Superman: the movie.

Mr Parker
yeah I really loved Thunderball as well,thats my second fave of Connerys.

RussellBrooks
Whats your favorite Sean Connery James Bond Movie and why?
the Connery Bond movies of course are

1.Dr No
2.From Russia With Love
3.Goldfinger
4.Thunderball
5.You Only Live Twice
6.Diamonds are Forever
7.Never Say Never Again.

Mine is Never say Never again because the special effects were the coolest of the connery bond films,good storyline although not the best of his,but mainly because of Kim Basinger and the girl-cant remember her name off hand,the one that played the female villain fatima blush,they were the best connery bond girls and were so gorgeous. big grin Plus it was funny watching connery- a guy who was old enough to be fatima blush's grandfather,seduce her. laughing whats yours?

I believe Fatima Blush was played by Barbara Carerra.

RussellBrooks
I liked Goldfinger and Thunderball the most. They had the best villains that challenged Bond. And, of course, Oddjob and Pussy Galore.

The Power
From Russia With Love is not only the best Sean Connery Bond film, it is also one of the overall best.

Mr Parker
a lot of people like that one I notice.

The Power
a lot of people like that one I notice.

That is because he helped to set the tone for all future Bond films. It is easily the best in the franchise.

ClarkSkywalker
From Russia With Love is by far my favourite of the Connery films.

Mr Parker
bump.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by ClarkSkywalker
From Russia With Love is by far my favourite of the Connery films. Agreed. thumb up

ChocolateCake
From Russia With Love is by far the best Bond movie Connery starred in.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
From Russia With Love is by far the best Bond movie Connery starred in.

a lot of people agree with you on that obviously from the poll. wink

ChocolateCake
a lot of people agree with you on that obviously from the poll. wink

I think that FRWL sets up the whole mood for future Bond pictures. Connery really seems to have got a handle on the character as well.

Hatchet
I do not think you can beat Goldfinger. I think it has everything. A great villian with a fantastic henchman. A gorgeous Bond girl and one of the most entertaining plots.

Darth Martin
From Russia With Love is by far the best Bond movie Connery starred in. I don't know if it's by far the best. Thunderball is up there as well. Don't get me wrong it is the best entry of his. The order goes like this IMO:

From Russia With Love
Thunderball
Dr.No
Goldfinger
You Only Live Twice
Diamonds Are Forever

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Hatchet
I do not think you can beat Goldfinger. I think it has everything. A great villian with a fantastic henchman. A gorgeous Bond girl and one of the most entertaining plots.

Yeah Goldfinger and From Russia With Love are the ones that most Bond fans pick here for the Connery films which is fine,I can understand why they like them the best,my favorite is You Only Live Twice.Great theme song,and lots of great action.thats just me though. wink

Darth Martin
YOLT is a good entry. I just hate at the end when Bond is running around in that grey jumpsuit. What the f**k? I know he's a prisoner but damn. Could he not whip out a hidden tux or something to counter that dreadful attire.

xrg9Va3UDdc

ChocolateCake
Yeah Goldfinger and From Russia With Love are the ones that most Bond fans pick here for the Connery films which is fine,I can understand why they like them the best,my favorite is You Only Live Twice.Great theme song,and lots of great action.thats just me though. wink

YOLT is a great entry in the series. It grips you from the moment it starts.

Mr Parker

especially with the death of Bond,it starts making you say to yourself-How could this be,how could Bond be dead? and I just love the theme song, it totally sets the tone for the films greatness.

Darth Martin
YOLT is brilliant up until the part after Bond escapes from Osato. After that it just becomes solid and the climax is too over the top for my liking. I hate it when Bond leads a large group of commandos with him to combat the enemy like here, TSWLM, GF, TLD etc. Not what I want to see in a Bond film. But, nevertheless, You Only Live Twice is a good entry. Connery's 5th best.

Hatchet
I have never been a fan of YOLT. For me it is only just better than DAF.

Darth Martin
For me it's far better than DAF. That's one of the worst entries and by far the worst of Connery's outings(I don't count NSNA).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
For me it's far better than DAF. That's one of the worst entries and by far the worst of Connery's outings(I don't count NSNA).

could not have said it better myself.yeah not counting NSNA which shouldnt count as a Bond entry,DAF is easily the worst Bond entry in the series. YOLT in easily far better than that film.theres no comparison.

Mr Parker

this poster hit the nail right on the head. thumb up

Hatchet

For me it is only slightly better than DAF. The whole making Bond look Japanese strand of the film made it laughable.

Darth Martin
DAF is easily the worst Bond entry in the series. As I said, it's by far the worst of the Connery outings. The worst in the series? Possibly. I would probably give that to DAD though.

The whole making Bond look Japanese strand of the film made it laughable. Yeah, the film is far from perfect. I think it's brilliant up until where Bond leaves Osato's office. After that it sort of takes a downward slope for me. But that material before and the decent material that ensues after that is more than enough for it to be better than DAF by alot.

Alpha-7
For me it is only slightly better than DAF. The whole making Bond look Japanese strand of the film made it laughable.

YOLT is by far a better movie than DAF. Yes it goes a bit downhill in the second act but I think there is enough there to keep the audience happy.

Hatchet
As I said, it's by far the worst of the Connery outings. The worst in the series? Possibly. I would probably give that to DAD though.

Yeah, the film is far from perfect. I think it's brilliant up until where Bond leaves Osato's office. After that it sort of takes a downward slope for me. But that material before and the decent material that ensues after that is more than enough for it to be better than DAF by alot.

I'm sorry but it is a terrible film and will always be regarded as only slghtly better than DAF in my view.

Darth Martin
In your opinion. I'll take YOLT over any of the Brosnan and half of the Moore outings.

Alpha-7
I'm sorry but it is a terrible film and will always be regarded as only slghtly better than DAF in my view.

Terrible is a very strong word to use for this movie.

Hatchet
In your opinion. I'll take YOLT over any of the Brosnan and half of the Moore outings.

I think you will find that in my view means the same as my opinion. If you are going to have an adult debate learn to read.
Also, Brosnan is the second best actor to play the role of Bond.

Originally posted by Alpha-7

Terrible is a perfect word to use with regards to this film.

Darth Martin
If you are going to have an adult debate learn to read. That wasn't necessary and I'm well aware what it entails.Originally posted by Hatchet
Brosnan is the second best actor to play the role of Bond. Actually, he's the worst.

1.Craig
2.Connery
3.Lazenby
4.Moore
5.Dalton
6.Brosnan

Hatchet
Actually, he's the worst.

1.Craig
2.Connery
3.Lazenby
4.Moore
5.Dalton
6.Brosnan

No he wasn't. Daniel Craig is by far the worst. The man cannot act to save his life.

Darth Martin
Bullshit. He's by far the best actor out of the group as well as doing the best job of potraying the character in question.

Hatchet
Is in no way the best of the actors to portray Bond. He proves that by screwing up an emotional scene in Casino Royale. Having seen Daniel Craig in his other films and television work I can say with total confidence that he is a bad actor.

Darth Martin
Who else besides him even had a dramatic scene of that caliber in the entire series?

Hatchet

Zoom
Why on Earth do the younger generation think that Daniel Craig is a good actor and a great Bond? The guy is quite possibly the worst actor I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.
Just because there is a lot of action in his two outings does not mean that they are good films. In fact they are atrocious as is he.

Darth Martin

Hatchet
More bullshit. Craig's two pictures have more dramatic moments as well as character development for the title character than any other actor's entries. His films have better action.

Cool, I'll except this.

Your joking?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

First of all, the fact that you cannot see that Moore had a great emotional scene in TSWLM shows that you do not know what you are talking about.
Second, Daniel Craig's films may have more dramatic moments but they fail because he cannot play them out. The action just papers over the cracks in the films.

Zoom
More bullshit. Craig's two pictures have more dramatic moments as well as character development for the title character than any other actor's entries. His films have better action.

hysterical

Oh dear we have another Bourne fan who has stumbled his way upon the Bond franchise. CR and QOS are dreadful films. The writing is pathetic as is the direction, and the acting is non existent.
With any luck now that the franchise has been halted they will realize that they made a mistake and quickly find a replacement for Craig.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Alpha-7

ignorant as well in the fact that its one of the most exciting action packed filme of the Bond series.

Mr Parker

I have to agree.as mcuh as Moore is my favorite Bond.YOLT is one of the most exciting Bond films of them all.easily better than the Brosnan Bond movies COMBINED.

Mr Parker
I think you will find that in my view means the same as my opinion. If you are going to have an adult debate learn to read.
Also, Brosnan is the second best actor to play the role of Bond.

Terrible is a perfect word to use with regards to this film.

no again its IGNORANT in the fact that your outvoted.sorry but Brosnan is the worst actor to play Bond and the one that needs to learn how to debate like an adult is you,not him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Zoom
Why on Earth do the younger generation think that Daniel Craig is a good actor and a great Bond? The guy is quite possibly the worst actor I have ever had the misfortune of seeing.
Just because there is a lot of action in his two outings does not mean that they are good films. In fact they are atrocious as is he.

Kinda like you have the younger generation like you cant get it that Brosnan is the worst Bond actor. laughing

Mr Parker
First of all, the fact that you cannot see that Moore had a great emotional scene in TSWLM shows that you do not know what you are talking about.

thats the ONLY thing you have said since you have come on here that has any truth to it.Thats one of the reasons Moore and Connery are the only two REAL Bonds with all the others being wanna be pretenders. sick

Darth Martin
Second, Daniel Craig's films may have more dramatic moments but they fail because he cannot play them out. The action just papers over the cracks in the films. I never denied Moore's scene. Its tiny compared to Craig's multiple scenes. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Oh dear we have another Bourne fan who has stumbled his way upon the Bond franchise. CR and QOS are dreadful films. The writing is pathetic as is the direction, and the acting is non existent.
With any luck now that the franchise has been halted they will realize that they made a mistake and quickly find a replacement for Craig. I dislike the Bourne films. You want to compare the writing of the Craig films to Brosnan and Moore's films? The acting is existent. Wright is the best Leiter by far in the series, both Bond girls have been solid, as is Dench as M, the villains, and Mathis.

Zoom
I never denied Moore's scene. Its tiny compared to Craig's multiple scenes. We're just going to have to agree to disagree.

I dislike the Bourne films. You want to compare the writing of the Craig films to Brosnan and Moore's films? The acting is existent. Wright is the best Leiter by far in the series, both Bond girls have been solid, as is Dench as M, the villains, and Mathis.

I do want to compare the writing of those films to these ones because they were better. Wright is a very poor Leiter and Giancarlo Giannini (Mathis) lays the same character in every film he has ever been in and he does it badly. Judi Dench is the only one who comes out of these films with any credibility. The Bond girls have been absolutely terrible

Darth Martin
Saying Eva Green is terrible.......facepalm She's easily a top 5 Bond girl at the least.

I wouldn't know if Giannini plays the same character because I've only seen him in one other film; Hannibal. I found nothing wrong with him and, again, who are some better allies(besides the girl, M, Q, Moneypenny or Leiter) in the series?

Jeffrey Wright is hands down the best Leiter.

Zoom
Saying Eva Green is terrible.......facepalm She's easily a top 5 Bond girl at the least.

I wouldn't know if Giannini plays the same character because I've only seen him in one other film; Hannibal. I found nothing wrong with him and, again, who are some better allies(besides the girl, M, Q, Moneypenny or Leiter) in the series?

Jeffrey Wright is hands down the best Leiter.

Eva Green does not come close to the top five Bond girls. I can only assume you were high when you wrote that.
Jeffrey Wright is a poor actor and a poor Leiter. He brings nothing to the films.

Darth Martin
Your top 5 are?

Wright is far from a poor actor and brings the best performance of Leiter to date(and it's really not that close).

Zoom
Your top 5 are?

Wright is far from a poor actor and brings the best performance of Leiter to date(and it's really not that close).

1. Honor Blackman
2. Daniela Bianchi
3. Diana Rigg
4. Jane Seymour
5. Famke Janssen

Jeffrey Wright is never going to be remembered as a good Leiter. Most people don't even notice him. That is how bad he is.

Darth Martin
1.Vesper Lynd
2.Fiona Volpe
3.Tracy di Vicenzo
4.Tatiana Romanova
5.Pussy Galore

Shout outs to Jill Masterson, Sylvia Trench, Strawberry Fields, Solange Dimitrios, and Magda.

Oh, really?
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index.php?showtopic=45942&hl=Leiter

Zoom
1.Vesper Lynd
2.Fiona Volpe
3.Tracy di Vicenzo
4.Tatiana Romanova
5.Pussy Galore

Shout outs to Jill Masterson, Sylvia Trench, Strawberry Fields, Solange Dimitrios, and Magda.

Oh, really?
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/index.php?showtopic=45942&hl=Leiter

2 to 5 are good choices. The one you have chosen as your number one is just ridiculous.

That link proves nothing and your attempt at using it is rather desperate.

Darth Martin
The one I have chosen as my number one choice had the second most important role of all of the Bond girls in the series, literally owned Bond, had a genuine romantic relationship with Bond, and plays a pivotal role than most any other Bond girl in the series. Instead of having her become an action figure, she was depicted as intelligent and played a key role in the film.

That link proves that you are wrong in stating "Jeffrey Wright is a poor actor and a poor Leiter. He brings nothing to the films." and "Jeffrey Wright is never going to be remembered as a good Leiter. Most people don't even notice him."

Desperate? I've atleast provided a source for which Bond fans congregate and discuss such matters. Most of them seem to think different from you.

Zoom
The one I have chosen as my number one choice had the second most important role of all of the Bond girls in the series, literally owned Bond, had a genuine romantic relationship with Bond, and plays a pivotal role than most any other Bond girl in the series. Instead of having here become an action figure she was depicted as intelligent and played a key role in the film.

That link proves that you are wrong in stating "Jeffrey Wright is a poor actor and a poor Leiter. He brings nothing to the films." and "Jeffrey Wright is never going to be remembered as a good Leiter. Most people don't even notice him."

Desperate? I've atleast provided a source for which Bond fans congregate and discuss such matters. Most of them seem to think different from you.

First of all the link proves that there is a small collection of fans who like Wright. If you were to tear yourself away from the internet once in a while you would find that in most Bond magazines he is slated.

She would be important if she had played the role well and the movie had been any good. Also she has no bearing on the films of Connery and co as it is a different franchise according to the makers.

Darth Martin
Bond magazines? Enlighten me. Small collection? He led the poll as the best. That doesn't include all of the other fans who didn't consider him the best, but didn't consider him "poor" as you do.

So I guess the "real" Bond fans consider Casino Royale a bad film. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Different franchise? I don't think so. It may have been a reboot but it contains the same actress as M from the Brosnan entries as well as the same producers, director, and musical composer.

Zoom
Bond magazines? Enlighten me. Small collection? He led the poll as the best. That doesn't include all of the other fans who didn't consider him the best, but didn't consider him "poor" as you do.

So I guess the "real" Bond fans consider Casino Royale a bad film. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Different franchise? I don't think so. It may have been a reboot but it contains the same actress as M from the Brosnan entries as well as the same producers, director, and musical composer.

Seriously child do you know anything about Bond? It was clearly stated that these new films were to be a different franchise to run alongside the other. This is pretty standard stuff for a fan to know.

Again, your little forum link is not proof. Check out the Bond magazines for clarification.

Darth Martin
"Child", "too young" I see that you keep bringing up my age.
That proves nothing and your attempt at using it is rather desperate.

Again, your little forum link is not proof. It's a source. I've yet to see yours.

Bond magazines? Enlighten me.

Zoom
You want me to teach you how to look for magazines in newsagents?

Darth Martin
No. But a link to one of your magazines would be nice. You know, how I sorta gave you the link to my source.

Zoom
You gave me a source to an unofficial forum. If you haven't got the get up and go to find an official magazine I can only assume you are admitting defeat.

Darth Martin
Go and find an official 007 magazine? Thanks but I'll pass.

Defeat at what? It's pretty clear we're not going to shake the others opinion. We are both Bond fans, apparently just with different tastes.

Zoom
Go and find an official 007 magazine? Thanks but I'll pass.

Defeat at what? It's pretty clear we're not going to shake the others opinion. We are both Bond fans, apparently just with different tastes.

If you do not look for an official magazine you will continue to live in ignorance.

Darth Martin
Fail to see how this 007 Magazine site is any different from the site I posted previously. But okay.

Mr Parker
something just occured to me,this is the wrong thread to be talking about the actors who were the best 007 and all that,this is the favorite Sean Connery Bond movie thread.Theres no right or wrong,people can love whichever Connery Bond movie they like the best.

all that stuff needs to be talked about on the best 007 thread.

Zoom
Fail to see how this 007 Magazine site is any different from the site I posted previously. But okay.

If you cannot see that then you are beyond help.

ADarksideJedi
You Only Live Twice is my favorite!

residentevil1
heyyyyyyyy guyssss
my Favorite is Goldfinger

Sgt.Shakedown
From Russia With Love is mine. It is the best film in the series in my opinion.

Upton O Goode
From Russia with Love

hard to beat IMO - Robert Shaw, the gypsy settlement, Rosa Klebb, Blofeld, Desmond Llewelyn's first outing as Q,

I could go on embarrasment

jimeshten
I seen a lots of movie of Bond.I would like to say something about the all the Cannery movie are excellent. Even if the Cold War politics and social attitudes are a bit out dated, These movie blazed new ground in action-adventure. If, I'm in the mood for a "serious" Bond, Bond's supporting cast/music/ setting/ cinematography/ plus that so much good .I like Bond's action seen in the Movie !!!!!!!!

1.Dr No
2.From Russia With Love
3.Goldfinger
4.Thunderball
5.You Only Live Twice
6.Diamonds are Forever
7.Never Say Never Again.

Doc Blake
I will have to go with From Russia With Love. For me it is the perfect movie.

Mr Parker
cool.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>