Best movie werewolf

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mac Murphy
As anyone that has ever encountered me is aware I love horror movies and werewolves are my favorites. Which Werewolf is the best though? I like the design of the ones used in Van Helsing and Cursed, the one from Ginger Snaps/Ginger snaps unleashed/Ginger snaps back is the most aggressive, The transofrmation from American werewolf in Paris and American werewolf in London and the intelligence of the pack in Dog Soldiers but I hate the design of the 1940's wolfman and there are so many competeing for the title of best movie werewolf I can't decide on my own.

b-dan
well this movie isnt a horror but i like the werewolfs from Van Helsing

Impediment
American Werewolf in London
The Howling
Dog Soldiers

house
american werewolf in paris werewolf transformations rock.

Mando
Dog soldiers
Van helsing
The howling

MildPossession
I thought the werewolf effects in Van Helsing and Cursed were absolutely terrible.

Ginger Snaps 1 and 2 are two of my favourites.

LizzyT123
Yeah, the effects in Van Helsing and Cursed were like animated like, or whatever, so they were kinda cheesy, but I deffinetly liked the design of the werewolves in Van Helsing, Cursed, and An American Werewolf in London.

sadisticon
I loved The Howling, An American Werewolf in London, In The Company of Wolves etc... and then I saw Dog Soldiers, so for now Dog Soldiers is my most favourite werewolf movie, and that's saying something because I LOVE werewolf movies. Hey, let's make a werewolf movie!!!!

BackFire
Dog Soldiers, something about the wolves in that movie were really creepy.

Rambo
All the good ones have been said. That being Dog soldiers. I know alot dont like it but I enjoyed Underworld, with the whole werewolf/vampire war thing.

deathbycorn
Dog Soldiers & Underworld.

Dethbyhashi
The Wolf Man (1941), Ginger Snaps 1 & 2, American Werewolf in London, Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula, Cursed, Werewolf in London, Underwold's werewolves looked awesome but I hate the movie, there are some other ones but i just don't feel like naming them

Wolfie
I live for werewolf movies.

Underworld
AWIL & AWIP
The Howling
Dog Soldiers
Ginger Snaps Trilogy
Wolf
Cursed, I thought it was funny
The Wolf Man movies
Van Helsing, pretty good for CGI IMO

deathbycorn
"Kick him in the nards!"

The one in The Monster Squad was pretty good aswell, imo.

Dethbyhashi
I love Monster Squad I can't wait till they bring it out on DVD nice name Deathbycorn are we related

Undertaker
Ginger Snaps.

Gaetane
the compagny of wolves definitly

T.M
Originally posted by BackFire
Dog Soldiers, something about the wolves in that movie were really creepy.

Agreed. Dog Soldiers have the best IMO.

I liked the change in Underworld to.

I didn't like Van Helsing's Werewolves or the movie has a whole to be honest, which I think might have made me not like the wolves more.

Next Venom_girl
I thought Van Helsing had the best-looking werewolves with Underworld as a close second. The Howling, American Werewolf in Paris , Ginger Snaps, and Dog Soldiers have the best pre-CGI werewolf effects, and I'd nominate Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers for best storyline.

Now for the Rasberries (worst werewolf effects), I'd nominate rat-wolf Lupin from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and low-budget Oz from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

LizzyT123
Damn! The company of wolves had some scary ass images in those movies, eek!

jayy
big grin Dog Soldiers

American Werewolf In London

The Howling

Wolfen

Underworld

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/img/u/underworld2/UW2-007A.jpg

Wolfie
Oh man, I was wondering if anyone was gonna mention Wolfen. Damn did that suck. 75% of the movie, you wouldn't even know it was a werewolf movie. The deaths were lame, first person of the werewolves with cheap colors to save money. Then the "werewolves" (really, just wolves) all vanish into thin air at the end! What a sweet ending! roll eyes (sarcastic)

jayy
Originally posted by Wolfie
Oh man, I was wondering if anyone was gonna mention Wolfen. Damn did that suck. 75% of the movie, you wouldn't even know it was a werewolf movie. The deaths were lame, first person of the werewolves with cheap colors to save money. Then the "werewolves" (really, just wolves) all vanish into thin air at the end! What a sweet ending! roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing laughing

LizzyT123
I don't know how you guys think the Ginger Snaps werewolves look good....I really didn't like them, but thats just me. smile

Wolfie
The werewolf in the first Ginger Snaps wasn't great. It was really... bald. Ginger Snaps 2 had much better werewolves. Ginger Snaps Back... they weren't bad either, you saw a lot more of them so they kinda lost their effect.

beta-wolf_101
American Werewolf in London, I mean come on......

LizzyT123
Originally posted by beta-wolf_101
American Werewolf in London, I mean come on......

well yes

Wolfie
AWIL still holds the title of the best werewolf transformation.

beta-wolf_101
absolutelyvampire

Next Venom_girl
AWIL is one of the best pre-CGI. I remember being very impressed w/ it when it first came out. But when I watch it today, it looks fake. sad

LizzyT123
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
AWIL is one of the best pre-CGI. I remember being very impressed w/ it when it first came out. But when I watch it today, it looks fake. sad

CGI BLOWS ASS! I hate that sh*t! makes everything look sooo bad.

jayy
Underworld: Evolution takes the prize. Nuff said.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/a429MySpace/Dance/JB.gif

Wolfie
The CGI in Underworld: Evolution wasn't as good as the CGI in the first.

LizzyT123
Yeah, I do like the CGI in the Underworld series, it just fit in so well, but I really hated Underworld 2. I could have seen Hostel again instead....

b-dan
Originally posted by LizzyT123
Yeah, the effects in Van Helsing and Cursed were like animated like, or whatever, so they were kinda cheesy, but I deffinetly liked the design of the werewolves in Van Helsing, Cursed, and An American Werewolf in London. what are you talking about in cursed they had ppl in costumes lol cheezy costumes van helsing ones were cool tho

Wolfie
Costumes make the best werewolves and the ones in Cursed weren't bad.

Dog Soldiers has the best costumes though.

grey fox
Whoever said the harry potter werewolf sucked is a saint , i talked to all of the fanboys over in the hp forum about it and they ignored me.....

LizzyT123
Originally posted by grey fox
Whoever said the harry potter werewolf sucked is a saint , i talked to all of the fanboys over in the hp forum about it and they ignored me.....

Dude! The werewolf from harry potter was soooo wimpy, it was pathetic. The people at those dumb harry potter forums have never seen anything scary.

Wolfie
HP3 is the only one I saw in its entirety. I have to say, I really liked the actor that played the werewolf. But I was laughing at their CGI werewolf. We called it the anorexic werewolf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.