Thanos vs. Superboy (prime)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos

vs.

Superboy prime

id369
Who si Superboy prime?

the Darkone
Superboy prime for infintie Crisis, or better yet crisis on infinity earth.

ZephroCarnelian
If this is Superboy as in Pre-Crisis Superboy, then Thanos is in for a world of hurt...

DarkCrawler
Superboy was a dick.

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/164.html

the Darkone
Superboy is stronger than current superman but not more powerful than Thanos. People forget that thanos is mutant eternal with greater power then any other eternals, he can amp his abilities up to skyfarhter levels like he did against Odin and was holding his own. Just imagine thanos doing that to superboy and going all out, boy they will be scraping up superboy of the walls.

ZephroCarnelian
Riddle me this - is it Pre-Crisis Superboy? The same Superboy who left to a parallel dimension with Luthor and Supes 2?

Porsche
Thanos takes out ANY version of superboy. Please. 1000+ years of fighting experience vs like 10?

olympian
"Riddle me this - is it Pre-Crisis Superboy? The same Superboy who left to a parallel dimension with Luthor and Supes 2?"

Its Prime Superboy that originally comes from "prime earth" with no other heroes.

Pre crisis Superboy is finito.

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm....

Wrong. Superboy has years and years of experience in the Legion of Superheroes too.

Remember, whenever he went back into the past, after helping out in the future, he always returns to his exact age.

He could stay in the future for a hundred years, go back to the past and not age a day. smile

He has more experience than you think. yes

And if it IS PreC Superboy, then he'll win.

He is nearly as fast as PreC Supes - ie, fast enough to deal with Thanos.

He's strong enough to move multiple planets at the same time with ease.

And he's invulnerable to everything but magic and KNite.

----------------------

He may be young, but he's tough. smile

olympian
"Wrong. Superboy has years and years of experience in the Legion of Superheroes too."

He did yes before he dissapeared along the rest of the pre crisis crew.

This one is tecnically called Superboy Prime from another earth that wasent either Earth 1 or 2.

Hes more powerful than current Superboy obviously but how does he compare to his earth 1 and earth 2 namesakes? No idea.

The last time Pre crisis Superboy was seen, was during the Zero Hour timeshift incident.

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah. The Pre-Crisis Super-'men' all had similar power.

And Superboy Prime didn't disappear. He went into another dimension with Alex and Superman2.

smile

olympian
Thats what i said. This one isent the pre crisis one. Its another that escaped with both Alex, Golden age Superman and Lois to that dimension.

Funny note. Pre crisis Wonderwoman didnt died either. She stayed on Olympus and its valid for use.

the Darkone
Superboy doesn't have a chance in hell of beating Thanos. Thanos can maniuplate any forms of energy, pisonic abilities, teleportation, excellent fighting skills, superior intelligences, vast stamina, impervious to harm, absorb any form of energy and ruthless. Thanos wins 10/10

Avalonofthewind
In physical battle Superboy prime would beat the hell out of Thanos. He's basically a Silver Age Superman with less weaknesses (Red Sun radiation being another thing that doesnt affect him.)

However, I do believe that Thanos would win. He would simply outsmart him.

id369
Well Silver Surfer >>>Superboy prime.

Thanos >>>Silver Surfer

So Thanos FTW.

The Ion
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Superboy was a dick.

http://www.superdickery.com/dick/164.html
laughing

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
In physical battle Superboy prime would beat the hell out of Thanos. He's basically a Silver Age Superman with less weaknesses (Red Sun radiation being another thing that doesnt affect him.)

However, I do believe that Thanos would win. He would simply outsmart him.

Actually Avalon much as usually I agree with you sometimes red sun did affect him. In Legion of Superheroes 293 Superboy needed technology to function under a red sun. Although some other times he did not.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Actually Avalon much as usually I agree with you sometimes red sun did affect him. In Legion of Superheroes 293 Superboy needed technology to function under a red sun. Although some other times he did not.

I believe you are speaking of a different Superboy Whirly. Superboy Prime didn't have many appearances... Here is a scan showing Red Sunlight does not affect him.

http://superman.ws/tales2/comet/21.gif

olympian
That makes me want to dig some precrisis stories.

ZephroCarnelian
Yup. Superboy Prime IS PreCrisis Superboy only from an altermate universe.

If he has all of PreC Superboy's powers, he'll at the very least give Thanos a very VERY hard match. big grin

the Darkone
Champion w/power gem, pp is stronger than superboy prime and pre-crisis superman and still still got his a$$ kicked. Superboy better use something besides his strength because thanos has fought beings that are alot stronger than superboy prime

Avalonofthewind
Really? Anyone have a scan of Champion dragging along a ton of planets across the universe?

Physically, Thanos gets slaughtered.

kgkg
????? Physically you can never be Stronger than power gem. ( power gem can channel Infinite strength)

Even with PP Cham was at Hulk level Strength, Chap has used his PP to power himself to level beyond that.

Avalonofthewind
Is that why a forcefield was able to hold thor with power gem, but not odin?

Odin>Power gem?

kgkg
Is that why a forcefield was able to hold thor with power gem, but not odin?

Odin>Power gem?
when did the forcefield hold Thor?

kgkg
You mean that force block

Because Odin > Mad Thor with powergem

Odin infinite power > Power gem infinite power

Avalonofthewind
Good one.
So finite forcefield> than 1 infinite power, but not a finite deity or a mad demi-deity.

kgkg
Finite deity you can prove this?

Cubes infinite, Galactus infinite, Celestal etc infinite

There are levels of infinity my friend you got lot to learn

i don't even know what are you arging anymore

that Power gem Is not infinite in power???????????????

Avalonofthewind
Finite is logical.
Can you prove he is infinite or any of them. Do you know what infinite is?
And if he is, how are there others such as Galactus who are finite in power, yet higher on the scale than he is.

You dont know what I'm arguing because I'm mocking what you are saying..and it doesnt make sense.

kgkg
Finite is logical.
Can you prove he is infinite or any of them. Do you know what infinite is?
And if he is, how are there others such as Galactus who are finite in power, yet higher on the scale than he is.

You dont know what I'm arguing because I'm mocking what you are saying..and it doesnt make sense. ya I can read the FF

Says Cubes are infinite in power etc.......... I have posted pic.

It’s not an argument

powergem = infinite power ( you can tap into more and more power)

Avalonofthewind
So how was Thanos able to trap Thor with a power gem in a force block?
Finite force field vs Infinite Power.
Odin is not infinite....just very powerful.
I could show you a scan of someone saying Energy Supes is infinite..doesnt mean he is.

Fishy 500
Really? Anyone have a scan of Champion dragging along a ton of planets across the universe?

Physically, Thanos gets slaughtered.

Is that pic of Super boy prime ? smile

Avalonofthewind
Nope, but just another pre crisis Superboy.
Only difference that I've seen is that Prime doesnt have a weakness to red sunlight.

kgkg
So how was Thanos able to trap Thor with a power gem in a force block?
Finite force field vs Infinite Power.
Odin is not infinite....just very powerful.
I could show you a scan of someone saying Energy Supes is infinite..doesnt mean he is.
thanos can also tap into power to infinite levels

stated by Odin

he even explains why it didn't work on him , but it worked on his son.

and ya show me the scan.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by kgkg
thanos can also tap into power to infinite levels

stated by Odin

he even explains why it didn't work on him , but it worked on his son.

and ya show me the scan.

The term infinite gets throw around all the time in comics .... It literally means Hyperbole !

Avalonofthewind
"Potential beyond the infinite"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supsbad2.jpg

Thanos is by no means infinite...at anything. Just a pretty powerful brick.
Odin is a much wider scope, but neither is he infinite.

kgkg
Originally posted by Fishy 500
The term infinite gets throw around all the time in comics .... It literally means Hyperbole ! Even when marvel has made section dealing and explain the reason for infinite powers

Such as cubes and celestials ?

DarkCrawler
So when Superman (or someone) states that his power is beyond infinite, we are supposed to take it as canon?

What if they are just bragging?

kgkg
"Potential beyond the infinite"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/supsbad2.jpg

Thanos is by no means infinite...at anything. Just a pretty powerful brick.
Odin is a much wider scope, but neither is he infinite. Potential and he is saying that himself

That’s kind of like Gladiator saying no One can beat him.

Am giving you reason for their infinite power.

They tap into power that has no limits dimensions( doesn't mean they are always at infinite level) mean they can tap into their source of energy to get stonger and stonger to infinite level ( whatever that means)

Superman can also become infinite stronger as he absorbs more Sunlight ex Prime

jrodslam
So when Superman (or someone) states that his power is beyond infinite, we are supposed to take it as canon?

They usually are bragging.

Avalonofthewind

Exactly my point. Plenty of characters and items are said to be infinite at some point in time..when in fact...they are not.

Should we take all that as canon?

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by kgkg
Potential and he is saying that himself

That’s kind of like Gladiator saying no One can beat him.

Am giving you reason for their infinite power.

They tap into power that has no limits dimensions( doesn't mean they are always at infinite level) mean they can tap into their source of energy to get stonger and stonger to infinite level ( whatever that means)

Superman can also become infinite stronger as he absorbs more Sunlight ex Prime

Actually...Energy Supes isnt just sunlight...its basically any energy.

For your point..yes...the dimensions they get their powers from may not have any limit, but it doesnt make them infinite in any way. Just very powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.