Companions of the hall vs MARVEL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wolverine8888
Drizzt dark elf vs new swords men
Bruenors daughter kat vs hawlk eye
Bruenor vs swords men
wulfgar vs orignal blade

name who wins outa those fights

then out of group battle name who wins
team marvel has DD,new swordsmen,hawk eye and blade

team companions of the hall has Drizzt,Bruenor,wolfgar,Kat.
who wins

wolverine8888
/

Dizzle
I think Drizzt may actually take the New Swordsmen. But I am a fanboy. Does he get to use Guenhwyvar?

The rest lose terribly. Bruenor's more suited to beating up on groups of orcs than skilled opponents.

Wulfgar's a freaking beast and Aegis Fang is hella powerful, but Blade is beyond human capabilities, where Wulfgar is probably not quite peak human (he's gotta bench something like 500 something lbs though... And he's 7 feet tall)

All Taulmaril really has is minor exploding arrows. Cattie Brie is a good shot, (shot a small mirror from a good distance. Had to be a couple hunnerd yards) but is definitely no Hawkeye. Plus he has stuff even fancier than exploding arrows...

The group loses too... It'll end up as Drizzt against all of em, cuz all of them are skilled enough to counter hammer throws.

wolverine8888
I think ur wrong bruenor is just as good as drizzt, they just fight diffrently I think he could deffently take out swords men.
wulfgar is beyond human strength as is bruenor. both have feats that would easiliy put them over peak human.
drizz is probly superhuuman agility and reflex as well.

only one I realy see losing is cattie but still she could give hawlk eye one hell of a fight. she has arroes that could prrity much go through any thign eh can hide behind

wolverine8888
only one I see realy losing this is cattie, but she will put up a hell of a fight due to the fact her arrows move lightning fast and can pritty much go through any thing hawk eye could hide be hind.

ya i re wrote this last part because of my my spelling errors

wolverine8888
bump

Dizzle
Originally posted by wolverine8888
I think ur wrong bruenor is just as good as drizzt, they just fight diffrently I think he could deffently take out swords men.
wulfgar is beyond human strength as is bruenor. both have feats that would easiliy put them over peak human.
drizz is probly superhuuman agility and reflex as well.

only one I realy see losing is cattie but still she could give hawlk eye one hell of a fight. she has arroes that could prrity much go through any thign eh can hide behind

Bruenor, beyond peak human strength? Beyond a normal human, certainly, but peak human? Hell no. He's freaking 4 feet tall. He could bench maybe 300 pounds, being generous. Skillwise, he's nowhere near Drizzt. It's an even bigger gap in speed. Bruenor himself was hesitant when put up against... a good marksman with a crossbow. (Pasha Pook) Skillwise, he hasn't really faced anyone good. He beats the shit out of orcs and stuff, but who doesn't? I could beat the crap out of orcs. He mostly does it through strength and durability anyway.

Wulfgar is really strong. And 7 feet tall. Once again, beyond peak human? Definitely not. Blade IS definitely beyond peak human. Aegis Fang's magic is good for surprise strikes, but will only work once. Blade's good enough not to get killed by one magically reappearing hammer. Wulfgar's skilled, but then again, Blade hunts vampires.

Drizzt is crazy good, and quick and agile as all hell, but probably not superhuman. Most of his speed things are from skill more than physical speed anyway. His reactions are insane as well, but again, he's no Spiderman. I don't see other swordsmen really comparing to him, especially adding in darkness globes and Guenhwyvar, but it WILL end up with him in a 4v1, and he's not taking that many guys.

Cattie Brie's bow is extremely powerful, and her arrows create minor explosions on impact. That's it, besides the fact that she has an infinite number of them. She's a good marksman, but she's not enhanced like Hawkeye. He has much more experience, better aim, and probably even more deadly arrows.

Drizzt does well, the other 3 die. You should add in Jarlaxle and Entreri... Promise of the Witch King is f***ing insanity. And Charon's Claw kicks ass. Artemis is going around cutting off people's legs with single hits and stuff like that. Hehe, I love it.

wolverine8888
bruenor hald up an 900 oger. dont tell me he is not at least peak human strength. wulgar through a huge bowl and when i eman huge it took 6 dwarfs to pick up the back wulfgar picked the whole dam thing up and throw it.
also if u did not knwo dwarfs bodies are far denser then humans and adverage dwarf is far superior in strength then a human.
also bruenor is in fact as skilled as drittz but in adiffrent way.
also bruenor was not scared of the bolt marks men at all. he also was a master marks men with a cross bow so magical that the bolt went right through brunors magic shield. bruenors reflects are what saved him.
also u should also udner stand if bruenor and drizz fought they would both die. the author him self and I quote "Drizzt is the best there is but I would NEVER bet against bruenor." why would he say that? unless he him self was not sure would the victor of there batlle would be.

wolverine8888

DarkCrawler
You should add Obould...shifty

He's an fricking badass.

wolverine8888
obould ya the thing about him i realize is he just the bad version of bruenor just as entre is the bad version of drizzt.

DarkCrawler
Obould would so kick Bruenor's ass...I mean, Drizzt was never able to take him down completely...

wolverine8888
actauly he would not. drizzt first fight with entre he almsot lost but every time after that drizzt kept doign better and batter.
bruenor fight with obould would be mush of the same. u know how obould supose to be a avatar. I think we will find out in the next story that bruenor is also now in fact an avatar. also if drizzt and bruenor battle the author him self did not know would would actauly win. here a quote to that question. "drizzt is the best, but I would not bet against bruenor". this statement mean pritty much that if they fought the out come could go either way.

wolverine8888

Dizzle
bruenor hald up an 900 oger. dont tell me he is not at least peak human strength. wulgar through a huge bowl and when i eman huge it took 6 dwarfs to pick up the back wulfgar picked the whole dam thing up and throw it.
also if u did not knwo dwarfs bodies are far denser then humans and adverage dwarf is far superior in strength then a human.
also bruenor is in fact as skilled as drittz but in adiffrent way.
also bruenor was not scared of the bolt marks men at all. he also was a master marks men with a cross bow so magical that the bolt went right through brunors magic shield. bruenors reflects are what saved him.
also u should also udner stand if bruenor and drizz fought they would both die. the author him self and I quote "Drizzt is the best there is but I would NEVER bet against bruenor." why would he say that? unless he him self was not sure would the victor of there batlle would be.

Does it say in the books that Bruenor picks up, and is capable of bench pressing, said 900 pound ogre? What book, what part. (I have them mostly as trilogies, so page numbers won't help much)

Dwarves are indeed stronger than humans. Peak human is not by any means even close to the average human. Cap benches a freaking half ton, where the average guy probly benches like 200. I'd say Bruenor could bench somewhere around 300. Against Pook, he got one lucky block with his shield. On the second, Pook was getting all smug because he knew he wouldn't miss, but Wulfgar hit him with Aegis Fang from behind. My memory of it was a bit off, I thought it was Bruenor accepting that Pook would probably hit him.

It still remains to be proven that Bruenor is anywhere near Drizzt in skill. He gets by on durability and rage alone.

I'd also like to know the book and section of the Wulfgar lifting thing. Wulfgar is a beast, no doubt, but his biggest strength feat is probably turning a schooner at some crazy angle, in the sea battle with Pinochet. (He pulls the whole berserker wrath, "muscles strained as far as they can go" thing at that part)

Hmm... Looking it up, Blade definitely DOESN'T have enhanced strength. So Wulfgar probably will end up taking him. I still go for the team over the companions though, if only for Daredevil.

I'd definitely like to see one book quote, feat, or ANYTHING that would put Bruenor even CLOSE to Drizzt in speed or skill. Drizzt ran through Menzoberranzan and escaped alive. It was him against an entire city of century-hardened warriors, and he escaped. He even defeated the best one of them, who cheated and used speed-enhancing gauntlets. Entreri's also done some crazy shit that I can get into, if you really want me to... Bruenor, on the other hand, has smashed a whole bunch of things with his axe. His fighting style is more about berserker rage and killing stuff before it can retaliate, as opposed to real skills.

Obould is equal to BRUENOR!? The dude uses a huge greatsword, and swings it almost as fast as Drizzt does his scimitars. He threw a FROST GIANT. 12 feet tall, tons and tons of strength, that whole deal. With one swipe, he cut an elf in half, from right next to the neck to the waist on the opposite side. Bruenor is nowhere close to Obould. Drizzt beat him with A: Magical, razor sharp sword and a hand crossbow with exploding darts. B: Speed and skill.

wolverine8888
actauly obould armor was what drizzt needed to get around if u recall afte rhe got aorund the armor he was equal to obould. also I never stated any one could bench any thing in that book. do u remeber the book were they go to get wulgar hammer back and bruenor has a dead haft orger on top of him that wieghs 900 pounds well another one is on top of that one which is another 900 pounds and is trying to get at bruenor in the book it self it states bruenor is still standing under both these creatures wieght. also do u remeber in that same book drizzt barly defeated a haft oger who was using potions to boost it attributes. in that book at the end of it bruenor is fight the queen oger who is infact a full oger and the best of them all. she is using far more potions then that haft oger that almost killed drizzt. also in the two swords bruenor is fighting back the whole fighting armor of rocs which is well over 5,000 all by his lone some as the every one eles retreats into the kingdom. also in that same book it states bruenor was using the strength of 10 dwarfs in that abttle. also in many of there books they have stated that bruenor ax move lightning fast. he is indeed not as fast as drizzt but he is far more durable and stronger. and as I pionted out the author hims elf does not know who would win if they ever clashed. again u say posha would of hit bruenor but the fact is that bolt was extremely fast and went right through his own shield there was now ay even drizzt could of dodge that blast. also do u recall when bruenor defeated drizt brother who had almsot killed drizzt in there encounter oh and bruenor was not only fighting drizzt brother but was also having knifes thrown at him by the greatest knife thrower a live.
drizzt and bruenor are equals if the battle they would most likly both kill eachother. as u know bruenor is the only one drizzt never fears will die in combat and he is also the bravest of them all drizzt even mentions it in thousand orcs. also if u forgotten bruenor killed a black dragon who was considered a god.

wolverine8888

Piedmon
You seem to have changed your tune, Drizzle, I remember you saying 18 strength was peak human...

DigiMark007
I'll cosign everything Dizzle has written.

Drizzt wins his match. The rest lose. I'd be rooting for the companions, but they're screwed except Drizzt who might just have enough tricks to get out alive (but not likely).

-DM

P.S. Throw in Entreri and maybe Jarlaxle instead of two of the others (maybe Bruenor and Wulfgar) and you got yourself a fight. Entreri and Drizzt together could hold their own against all of them for a while. And Jarlaxle has more tricks up his sleeve than...well, he's got a lot of tricks, and some actual magical firepower to back it up. Blade's strength would still be an issue, but I think they'd have him in skill.

Dizzle
actauly obould armor was what drizzt needed to get around if u recall afte rhe got aorund the armor he was equal to obould. also I never stated any one could bench any thing in that book. do u remeber the book were they go to get wulgar hammer back and bruenor has a dead haft orger on top of him that wieghs 900 pounds well another one is on top of that one which is another 900 pounds and is trying to get at bruenor in the book it self it states bruenor is still standing under both these creatures wieght. also do u remeber in that same book drizzt barly defeated a haft oger who was using potions to boost it attributes. in that book at the end of it bruenor is fight the queen oger who is infact a full oger and the best of them all. she is using far more potions then that haft oger that almost killed drizzt. also in the two swords bruenor is fighting back the whole fighting armor of rocs which is well over 5,000 all by his lone some as the every one eles retreats into the kingdom. also in that same book it states bruenor was using the strength of 10 dwarfs in that abttle. also in many of there books they have stated that bruenor ax move lightning fast. he is indeed not as fast as drizzt but he is far more durable and stronger. and as I pionted out the author hims elf does not know who would win if they ever clashed. again u say posha would of hit bruenor but the fact is that bolt was extremely fast and went right through his own shield there was now ay even drizzt could of dodge that blast. also do u recall when bruenor defeated drizt brother who had almsot killed drizzt in there encounter oh and bruenor was not only fighting drizzt brother but was also having knifes thrown at him by the greatest knife thrower a live.
drizzt and bruenor are equals if the battle they would most likly both kill eachother. as u know bruenor is the only one drizzt never fears will die in combat and he is also the bravest of them all drizzt even mentions it in thousand orcs. also if u forgotten bruenor killed a black dragon who was considered a god.

Ok, Sea of Swords, near the end... "Bruenor just growled and cursed, swatting powerfully, taking hits that would fell most opponents and shrugging them off with dwarven toughness then boring on, his axe slashing in. He was losing though, and he knew it." The enhanced ogress would have killed him, but Cattie Brie ended up shooting it the chest, and Guenhwyvar jumped on its face. Bruenor attacked her stomach, and Cattie Brie followed the shot by chopping its freaking leg off. Chogorugga wouldn't have been much stronger or faster than her son (the one Drizzt killed. who actually WAS a full ogre), because both were enhanced in the same manner. In his fight, however, he wasn't touched once. In this one, Bruenor takes multiple hits, and almost dies.

I can't find the part where he gets buried by ogres...

In the Two Swords, when fighting the army of orcs, Bruenor DIES. He sacrifices himself to save Mithral Hall. Don't know how much that helps your case... "The strength of ten orcs" is obvious hyperbole. And the orc army is WAY bigger than 5,000, though Bruenor would still only be confronted by 3 or 4 at once. (his back was to a big stone wall)

Wait, Bruenor never kills Dinin... Drizzt does that. And it's Drizzt who fights Jarlaxle. (though Entreri would have something to say about "greatest knife thrower alive"wink Entreri, in his fight with Jarlaxle, catches a couple knives with his cloak, while dodging a constant stream of them, and throws it at Jarlaxle's legs, tripping him. If that's not insane skill and agility, I don't know what is.

Bruenor kills a dragon by lighting himself on fire, jumping on its back, hitting it with his axe, and riding it down into a gigantic underground canyon. It was another kamikaze attempt, it had no skill involved at all. He survived on accident, because the dragon was occupied by the other warriors, and too surprised and initially injured to react. Bruenor survived on accident, because he was carrying Icingdeath, and therefore was not effected by the fire. The dragon was worshipped by stupid duergar, it wasn't really a god.

Bruenor would not be the strongest, nor the fastest, nor the most durable, nor the most skilled opponent Drizzt has ever faced. He's a good fighter, but he's nothing Drizzt hasn't owned the crap out of in the past.

I think Wulfgar actually might take Blade... Drizzt wins his fight. Bruenor and Cattie Brie lose.

DigiMark007
^^ Truth.

...damn, new page. Still a good post from Dizzle. Bruenor's durable and lucky (lots of PIS help with that dragon). But Drizzt is just flat-out good.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Dizzle

Obould is equal to BRUENOR!? The dude uses a huge greatsword, and swings it almost as fast as Drizzt does his scimitars. He threw a FROST GIANT. 12 feet tall, tons and tons of strength, that whole deal. With one swipe, he cut an elf in half, from right next to the neck to the waist on the opposite side. Bruenor is nowhere close to Obould. Drizzt beat him with A: Magical, razor sharp sword and a hand crossbow with exploding darts. B: Speed and skill.

Exactly.

And even then, Obould never died...

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Dizzle
Ok, Sea of Swords, near the end... "Bruenor just growled and cursed, swatting powerfully, taking hits that would fell most opponents and shrugging them off with dwarven toughness then boring on, his axe slashing in. He was losing though, and he knew it." The enhanced ogress would have killed him, but Cattie Brie ended up shooting it the chest, and Guenhwyvar jumped on its face. Bruenor attacked her stomach, and Cattie Brie followed the shot by chopping its freaking leg off. Chogorugga wouldn't have been much stronger or faster than her son (the one Drizzt killed. who actually WAS a full ogre), because both were enhanced in the same manner. In his fight, however, he wasn't touched once. In this one, Bruenor takes multiple hits, and almost dies.

I can't find the part where he gets buried by ogres...

In the Two Swords, when fighting the army of orcs, Bruenor DIES. He sacrifices himself to save Mithral Hall. Don't know how much that helps your case... "The strength of ten orcs" is obvious hyperbole. And the orc army is WAY bigger than 5,000, though Bruenor would still only be confronted by 3 or 4 at once. (his back was to a big stone wall)

Wait, Bruenor never kills Dinin... Drizzt does that. And it's Drizzt who fights Jarlaxle. (though Entreri would have something to say about "greatest knife thrower alive"wink Entreri, in his fight with Jarlaxle, catches a couple knives with his cloak, while dodging a constant stream of them, and throws it at Jarlaxle's legs, tripping him. If that's not insane skill and agility, I don't know what is.

Bruenor kills a dragon by lighting himself on fire, jumping on its back, hitting it with his axe, and riding it down into a gigantic underground canyon. It was another kamikaze attempt, it had no skill involved at all. He survived on accident, because the dragon was occupied by the other warriors, and too surprised and initially injured to react. Bruenor survived on accident, because he was carrying Icingdeath, and therefore was not effected by the fire. The dragon was worshipped by stupid duergar, it wasn't really a god.

Bruenor would not be the strongest, nor the fastest, nor the most durable, nor the most skilled opponent Drizzt has ever faced. He's a good fighter, but he's nothing Drizzt hasn't owned the crap out of in the past.

I think Wulfgar actually might take Blade... Drizzt wins his fight. Bruenor and Cattie Brie lose.

actauly many of what u said was indeed incorrect. I do not have the time to get all the quotes in info at the moment but I will after im done at work which will be in a few hours. but I can easiliy disprov eone of ur claims right at the moment. bruenor died in a thousand orces by jumping in to the middle of them all non would of survived that. he did NOT DIE IN TWO SWORDS. HE DIED IN A THOUSAND ORCS. I the scene i was spekaing of is in tw swords when he allows every one eles to flee as he holds off the thosuands of orcs that they are vsing. he does not die in that fight at all. also u say DRIZZT killed his brother which he did not because drizzt was fighting some one eles. BRUENOR wa sht eone who killed his brother not drizzt. but dont takemy word for it when i return I willg et the quotes straight form the books.
again I will quote the author befor I leave drizzt is the best but I would never bet against Bruenor. that was all he would say if they fought. he relay ahd no idea who he thought would win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.