General Patton vs X-Ecutioners

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-hh-
i dunno how many of you have heard this album, but in my opinion it's a classic droolio im not sure if it came out in 2004 or 2005, but this album never fails. i gave it another listen today, and it was just as good as the first time i listened to it.

i recommend this thumb up

http://funkysouls.com/img/GeneralPattonvsXEcutioners2005.jpg

Phat J
ill give it a listen, i havent heard any of their stuff before.

Darth Revan
Is this THE General Patton we're talking about? cool

Pointinel
uhmm

xecutioners are the trio dj's right?

if they are, i think theyre overrated....

Alpha Centauri
Oh dear...here we go.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
That looks like The Diplomats symbol stick out tongue

Victor Von Doom
The album is excellent, but I think there is another thread on it.

-hh-
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
The album is excellent, but I think there is another thread on it. yea i just checked. there was another thread stick out tongue

Originally posted by Pointinel
uhmm

xecutioners are the trio dj's right?

if they are, i think theyre overrated.... why do you think that?

-hh-
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
That looks like The Diplomats symbol stick out tongue stick out tonguehttp://kas-ual.tripod.com/stuff/thumbnails/400x300/diplomats-flag.JPG

sick= diplomats

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by -hh-
stick out tonguehttp://kas-ual.tripod.com/stuff/thumbnails/400x300/diplomats-flag.JPG

sick= diplomats

I heard J.R.Writer was good

furryman
love it.

got addicted to patton in the desert.

JacopeX
Executioners I go for. I heard alot of ther songs in this DVD sample i got.

-hh-
purchase the album thumbup

Alpha Centauri
Why the hell are you uploading it for people to steal? If people want it they can buy it. Doing things like this is only raising chances that it won't get bought.

Take it down man, have some respect. Come on.

-AC

koolruningz
Come on dont start this again. If people feel as strongly as you do then they wont download it, but if people really want to download it they will find a way with or without that link.

Alpha Centauri
Well then let that happen, don't encourage it. It's bs, he should take the link down or I'll PM a mod and request it be taken down.

-AC

koolruningz
Its not like its the first time its happened. Is it against the rules? Thats a serious question, im not being facetious (for once).

Alpha Centauri
It's illegal file sharing. It's all good him saying "buy the album" when he's sitting there giving it away. Come on now.

Saying "They'll find a way either way" is stupid. It's like saying stores should leave the shutters open cos people will find a way to steal either way.

If people know of the album from this thread and want to check it out, they will. One way or another, illegally or legally, I don't see why it has to be encouraged to be illegally though.

-AC

koolruningz
But is it against the rules of the forum? If its not then its up to him if he wants to post the link and up to everyone else if they want to download it or not. I know you feel strongly about this but if he isnt breaking any rules then he doesnt have to take it down.
I also cant see why me saying that people will find a way to download it is stupid but then im not as smart as you.

Alpha Centauri
Well look at it this way. People will steal from clothes stores no matter what, right? Because of this inevitability, should all stores just drop security guards? Because they'll find a way to steal one way or the other, right? No, because that's dumb.

Just because we can't stop it, doesn't me we have to encourage it. If he thinks people should hear the album and is going to say "purchase the album", then he shouldn't be posting it up free for all to steal. Don't post it then say "Go buy it". Just say, go buy it.

You aren't allowed to ask where to download movies, those threads get locked in the GDF and OTF. I don't see why music should be any different.

-AC

koolruningz
Ok. But i dont have a problem with it so unless it breaks the forum rules its not going anywhere. Like i said i know you feel strongly about this but im not gonna get into a 5 page debate on downloading because at the end of it all our opinions will be the same. The link is there for people to use if they want, its their choice and i know you believe in freedom of choice. I do admire your principles though, i just dont agree with them on this.

Phat J
thanks for the upload hh, im likin it so far. *puts on gigantic list of cds to buy*

-hh-
AC i have respect for you, and i tried editing my post but 15 min are up. Deathblow will edit it.

i strongly disagree with what your saying, but whatever.

JacopeX
http://kas-ual.tripod.com/stuff/thumbnails/400x300/diplomats-flag.JPG

Alpha Centauri
HH, I know you own the album and I know you do your level best to buy every CD you sample, so it's not as though I'm attacking you, I'm really not.

It's just that I don't think it's cool to give the album away THEN tell people to buy it. If it's right there for the taking, most people aren't gonna buy it.

-AC

Afro Cheese
I take it that there's not much of a chance of finding this album at best buy?

Dr. Strangelove
There's a chance. Best Buy has an okay selection but who knows, I actually saw Danger Doom at Target of all places.

If there's a Tower near you, you'd be sure to find it.

furryman
i don't know what the original post was, but if it's a link to download one or two songs, i fail to see the problem. you've got to know what you're listening to before you shell out on an album.

go forth and sample.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove
There's a chance. Best Buy has an okay selection but who knows, I actually saw Danger Doom at Target of all places.

If there's a Tower near you, you'd be sure to find it. No.. I'm not even really sure what that is. Sounds familiar though.

-hh-
Originally posted by furryman
i don't know what the original post was, but if it's a link to download one or two songs, i fail to see the problem. you've got to know what you're listening to before you shell out on an album.

go forth and sample. i uploaded the entire album for people to listen and then purchase. but it didn't work out.

Alpha Centauri
You say "...and then purchase" as if they had all sworn an oath to pay for it after they had, you know, stole it.

-AC

-hh-
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You say "...and then purchase" as if they had all sworn an oath to pay for it after they had, you know, stole it.

-AC well obviously i know they are not all gonan purchase it. they can at least delete it if they dont like the album. if they like it they should purchase it. smile

Alpha Centauri
Missing the point. Most people, if they like it, won't sit there with a free album and think "I think I'll pay for this now I've already got it for free". You're intentions are good but by doing this you're just adding to the problem, not the solution.

-AC

-hh-
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Missing the point. Most people, if they like it, won't sit there with a free album and think "I think I'll pay for this now I've already got it for free". You're intentions are good but by doing this you're just adding to the problem, not the solution.

-AC i clearly understand that, i was just hoping KMC would be different.

how stupid of me stick out tongue

Phat J
for the 5 people here that might dl the album, at least 4 of them will buy it if they like it.

Lana
Illegal uploads and such aren't allowed on KMC wink

-hh-
Originally posted by Lana
Illegal uploads and such aren't allowed on KMC wink sure they aren't wink

Lana shhhhhhhh naughty

Lana
Seriously though....

From the forum rules.

stick out tongue

-hh-
Originally posted by Lana
Seriously though....

From the forum rules.

stick out tongue yea i know sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.