Question about Order 66

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lil Krueger
Only some troopers get the message of 66 but not others. So when commander cody commanded to shoot Obi-Wan, how did the blaster dude know about 66 when only Cody was informed? And In Kaysshak, the green clone trooper just nodded to another clone(And dude its like nodding is a signal).

calvin44
there was prolly a beacon/message that all clones got on their comlink about "order 66"

SnakeEyes
All the clones knew that it was going to happen at one point or another, therefore, they were all somewhat prepared. That means that when only "some" of the troopers got the message, the others knew what it meant.

Council#13
Yes, ur all right. i was actually thinking the same thing, lil krueger

Master Naresh
cody must have comlinked the other clones,

Captain REX
Here's what happened...

SIDIOUS: Commander Cody, the time has come! Execute Order 66!
CODY: It will be done, my Lord.
*CODY gets out comlink*
CODY: Order 66 has been executed.
CLONETROOPERS: Okay! Kill the Jedi!

Pretty simple.

exanda kane
I read on starwars.com that members of the 501st legion were disbatched throughout these places and they were the ones who recieved the order.

calvin44
501st legion isnt that big, but maybe 4 or 5 legions could have done it

Captain REX
The 501st were all the clonetroopers that followed Anakin into the Temple, the blue-marked ones like the one in your avy, Kane. So, can't be.

starwarsrules14
All the clones do is take orders from their commanders, so when the commander said blast him, and pointed at Obi, they did as they were told.

exanda kane
This is what I read on Starwars.com for your information.

I cant be arsed to look again, maybe you lot can do something constructive for once. Meh. Said that only a few untis were dispatched, only that I can remember.

Lil Krueger
Originally posted by starwarsrules14
All the clones do is take orders from their commanders, so when the commander said blast him, and pointed at Obi, they did as they were told.

Without questioning?

"But Commander Skywalker, theres noting there!"<--Questioning.
"FIRE NOW TROOPER"

calvin44

you might wanna watch the movie again he didnt say "blast him"
he signaled with 2 finger to to the cannon, and poited at obi-wan

starwarsrules14
No, they can question, but when their fellow CLONE commander tells them what to do, they will follow orders.

Lil Krueger
No, they can question, but when their fellow CLONE commander tells them what to do, they will follow orders.

And why is that?

starwarsrules14
"Cody was a clone. He would execute the order faithfully, without hesitation or regret. "

The clones are trained to take orders, that is what they do...does it make any sense?

Lil Krueger
Ah makes sense. Wait, "The clones are trained to take orders, that is what they do"

Then why did they question Anakin?

exanda kane
someone please read Star.wars.com databank, there is information on there about the 501st's involvement in Order 66...

starwarsrules14
"But he was also human enough to mutter glumly, 'Would it have been too much to ask for the order to have come through before I gave him back the bloody lightsaber...?"

They still question, but they will still carry out the order.
I guess what I am saying is "Read the book" if you haven't already...

Lil Krueger
Okay Billy.

starwarsrules14
Ummmm, observation...I am a girl...

calvin44
i have read the book many times, and legions were dispatched to execute the order each squad had certain jedi they were supposed to kill

starwarsrules14
Each squad was supposed to kill the Jedi they were currently working for right?

Lil Krueger
Guess so BJ.

calvin44
Originally posted by Lil Krueger
Guess so BJ.
lol.
but quit reviving threads please.

Lil Krueger
Hmmm IDK if I should. xyz is keep coming back with noob posts and everybody is hating him. Damnit, I should be the noob and hated one here!

exanda kane
Originally posted by calvin44
i have read the book many times, and legions were dispatched to execute the order each squad had certain jedi they were supposed to kill

Correct. It does say this in the books and it is correct. However these in particular Clones were the members of the 501st dispatched throughout the galaxy to direct order 66 to other Clones. They worked with other Legions (bear in mind there might have only been a couple of units anyway) but worked independantly...

calvin44
now i know what you meant, you just wrote it a little unclearly

exanda kane
Good. Sorry I'm working quickly on a laptop whilst doing many things. Multi-tasking for a guy is incredibly hard!

calvin44
i concur.

starwarsrules14
Guess so BJ.

Ok, keep it up. If starwarsrules14 is to long, which I am not disagreeing it is, just say S.L. cause that's my nickname.

Now I understand what yall are saying, but I never knew what 501 or whatever was...

Lil Krueger
Ok, keep it up. If starwarsrules14 is to long, which I am not disagreeing it is, just say S.L. cause that's my nickname.

Now I understand what yall are saying, but I never knew what 501 or whatever was...

Why? Im a fan of Billy Joe and it seems you are too. So Why can't I call you Billy Joe from greenday? BJ=Billy Joe.

calvin44

if u didnt get pissed off so easily we would stop...

exanda kane
lol. this is getting silly. PM each other if your going into Green Day fan-dom.

calvin44
yes. green day sucks.

Lil Krueger
Nope. Green Day rules.

starwarsrules14
I know what BJ means, I would rather be called S.L. for short. Not trying to be a Biatch...well.

So wait, there is a group of clones that goes around telling other clones of order 66erm

calvin44
no. check out a band called from first to last, or anberlin, or any other screamo band before u next reply.

exanda kane
Green Day are good. I'm not into them much anymore but there you go.

*uses the force the shove this thread back on topic*

I'm not too sure really. Go to the starwars.com databank and the 501st legion might still be the main feature and I can't remember what it said.

Lil Krueger
Whaever its ur opinion.

calvin44
i dont think it is, the kotor comics are the main news on it now.

exanda kane
hmm. should be under the clone wars databank and stuff...

exanda kane
There's a lot of this and it's not all relevant. sure its in here though...

The 501st began just as any of the other initial clone units that blazed across the rocky deserts of Geonosis in the first historic battle of the Clone Wars. They seemed identical to the other clones that infiltrated the Separatist stronghold and pushed the Confederacy forces off-planet. Nonetheless, the Supreme Chancellor himself took special interest in the success record of the 501st.
Like the red-emblazoned soldiers that made up the ranks of Palpatine's elite shock troopers, the 501st underwent training and conditioning not on distant Kamino, but in a top-secret facility on Coruscant known only to select members of Palpatine's command staff. It was shortly after the Battle of Jabiim, when the threat to Coruscant seemed all the more real, that the 501st were based out of the capital. From this headquarters, some members of the Legion saw transfer to other units, where according to asset management charts they were seemingly absorbed. In other records more secure and more private, they remained carefully tracked as members of the 501st to one day return to Coruscant for special assignment.

In the final days of the Clone Wars, the 501st were constantly on the move, shuttled from battlefront to battlefront. The Legion was split into special mission groups, often to supplement other clone missions. In same cases, they operated independent of the command structure already in place. There were 501st troopers protecting the skies over Coruscant during General Grievous' bold strike against the capital. Others provided support to clone units on worlds such as Felucia, Mygeeto, Utapau and Kashyyyk. Those stationed on Coruscant were put under the command of Darth Vader, Palpatine's new enforcer, and sent on the grim mission to attack the Jedi Temple.

Many of the early missions of the 501st remained classified for decades. Only recently have datapad journals of some of its members come to light, detailing some of their most arduous assignments.

With the rise of the New Order, there were some worlds that objected to the sweeping policy changes enacted by Palpatine. These worlds were soon brought in line. The 501st transitioned from clone trooper ranks to stormtrooper ranks as the Empire consolidated its power.

The 501st were dispatched to Naboo, to eliminate Queen Apailana and her opposition to the Empire's directives. It was the first time the 501st was called upon to "adjust" a planet's government, but it wouldn't be the last. Within months, the 501st gained a well-deserved reputation as "Vader's Fist."

They traveled to Mustafar, to capture Gizor Dellso, a rogue Geonosian droid engineer who had erected his own battle droid factory on the fiery world. Most alarming, the clones of the 501st had to put down a clone uprising on Kamino, as an aberrant batch of mutinous troopers were unleashed by treasonous Kaminoans. For this assignment, they were led by Boba Fett, a mercenary hired by Darth Vader for his intimate knowledge of the cloning environments.

Later, the 501st were assigned with protecting the Death Star as it neared completion. A host of would-be saboteurs and spies were captured by the Empire, and sent to languish in the Death Star's prison facilities. An embarrassing prison break by these Rebels inmates had to be quashed by the 501st.

When the Death Star plans were stolen by Rebel spies, the 501st were dispatched on missions to track down the valuable technical readouts. Such reassignment saved the ranks from destruction when the Death Star's main reactor exploded at the climax of the Battle of Yavin.

The 501st continued to serve Darth Vader throughout the Galactic Civil War, though after the Battle of Endor, their ranks were broken and the unit dissolved as feuding Imperial warlords carved up territory and materiel in their bids to become the next Emperor.

Knowing the value of symbols, it was Grand Admiral Thrawn who resurrected the designation 501st for the stormtrooper units protecting the Empire of the Hand. By this time, any original clones from the 501st's Civil War era were long past fighting age. This later unit was made up of birth-born soldiers, with diverse backgrounds and histories -- including non-human members.

exanda kane
hmhmm. doesnt look like its here...

calvin44
thank you.

starwarsrules14
Gosh...I only read the part about Naboo, lol. Now I know who assasinated Apaillana though, that's been bugging me.

exanda kane
I havnt got thee old glasses on so I cant really scan through all of it. I definetly read it somewhere though.

Captain REX
Green Day is good but overplayed...

Krueger, stop with the rude short posts. Contribute to your own topic, or don't make a topic and calling starwarsrules14 Billy, cause it's obvious she isn't.

Thanks.

Anyways...

The 501st was on Coruscant at the time of Order 66. All of them. What the Star Wars databank makes reference to is their later escapades in that they were distributed.

calvin44
i think you might be confused about the 501st,

Captain REX
No, not really.

Battlefront 2 messed with the continuity. When Episode III came out, all sources said that the 501st hadn't been used until Order 66 was initiated, and they went with Anakin on Coruscant.

Now, BF2 says otherwise. Stupid game.

calvin44
i agree..but good game nonetheless

exanda kane
I realise tat the information i thought was in there...isnt in there. oh well its around the OS somewhere...

overlord
Hmmm IDK if I should. xyz is keep coming back with noob posts and everybody is hating him. Damnit, I should be the noob and hated one here! No, I am supposed to be the hated one. You are supposed to be a random sock.

calvin44
lol.

calvin44
i dunno wat pisses me off more, xyz's thread topics, or his avatar.

Spearhead
Originally posted by calvin44
you might wanna watch the movie again he didnt say "blast him"
he signaled with 2 finger to to the cannon, and poited at obi-wan

Actually...he did say "blast him", as he pointed messed

calvin44
lemme watch the movie...brb.

kanis
vampire How did palpatine put the code into the clones in the first place when he did not know of them until the epi2 and why were the kaminoans not aware of what he was up to, he must of had agents there.

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by kanis
vampire How did palpatine put the code into the clones in the first place when he did not know of them until the epi2 and why were the kaminoans not aware of what he was up to, he must of had agents there. He did know of them. In the game called bounty hunter (which is before ep 2) Dooku asks Palpatine "And what of your plans for the clone army?".

Darth Subjekt
He sent Dooku there to pose as Syfo-Dias to look like the clones were ordered by the Jedi for the Republic, knowing what would transpire. So knowing that they would be in battle at the republic's weakest, he put a code in, that when spoken, would be carried out with no question or hesitation. And while the rest of the clones were fighting in the war, the 501st were getting "specialty" training to be the most elite group of clones. Also known as Vader's Fist, they carried out the most difficult and "special" missions. One such mission was the assault on the Jedi Temple. And Vader himself oversaw, and trained in a sense, showing special tactics, the 501st in many confrontations with the remaining Jedi during the Jedi Purges.

They were without question, the tip of the spear, and many of the 501st were the first wave of "Imperial Stormtroopers". But Palps was very aware of their creation and aware that the Jedi would utilize them against the droid army in the Clone Wars.

Tangible God
The 501st did NOT comprise of ALL the Clonetroopers, it was just one division of many.

And Battlefront II really makes it seem as if they did EVERYTHING, which frankly they didn't. ALL clones knew of Order 66, and all who were near Jedi, 501st or not, attacked.

Darth Subjekt
I didnt say they were ALL the clonetroopers or Stormtroopers. Maybe youre werent talking to me...irregardless, i havent yet played BF2 but some of my boys have and they said the same thing, being as they put to much emphasis on the 501st, making it seem as they were..."IT". ya know? I think alot of what they did remains unseen. Maybe explained in some books, but the OS seems to imply that they did alot of top secret type missions, or that the missions that they were reserved for the more important ones. But no, they mos def didnt do EVERYTHING.

kanis
vampire I haven't played bounty hunter so i didn't know about the dooku/sidious thing.

Master Mawi
Let's clear one thing, the 501st were a legion of the most elite clonetroopers. (ARC Trooper-trained by Alpha 17)

ONLY the 501st were sent to destroy the Jedi Temple in EpIII. (Based on Battlefront II. "The 501st were given the honour of eliminating the traitors first".)

The 501st members were all marked in blue. They eventually became stark-white armoured stormtroopers much later during the reign of the Empire.

melenor
i was reading something about the clone troopers, and what i read (on a site i forgot where) is that they were 6 ARC troppers and 3 groups of commandos, that tried to save the jedi. all i know is that the 6 ARC were the Null troopers (the very first, they were said to be defective,for not obeying orders and after they were trianed by a mercenary, they only obeind him.) i thought that all the commandos and ARC would try to save the jedi, why weren't there more.

melaniemj
I've looked everywhere but I can't find any reference to the rest of the orders - but if there is an order 66 one would assume there are also orders 1 through 65?? confused

ares834
As usual Wookieepedia has the answers...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ Contingency_Orders_for_the_Grand_Army_of_the_Repub
lic:_Order_Initiation,_Orders_1_Through_150

It's really stupid though. Order 66 should be a "secret" order rather than one the Jedi would seemingly know about. Of course Traviss is a hack who doesn't understand SW so this is to be expected.

melaniemj
Thanks - I really appreciate your help but I can't seem to get anything with that link?? confused

ares834
Try this one.

Link

Edit: KMC doesn't seem to like the link. JUst look up "Contingency Orders" on Wookieepedia. It will be the first result.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.