He-Man vs. Captain Marvel ( a.k.a. Shazam).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
Now He-Man may not be a comic book hero but he is a superhero! now who could win in a battle of these two titans?

Ever notice how similar they are? both have teen identities then transform into adults and both have superhuman strength and both can transform with a single magic word.

ZephroCarnelian
HeMan is much stronger and very very resistant to magic.

I give it to He-Man.

And yes, he did have a comic. smile

Arahan
He-Man all the way.. Why= Because he is much cooler.

jrodslam
I HATE He-Man. Im glad the cartoon and comic series got cancelled. Happy Dance

Juntai
Cm wins.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
Now He-Man may not be a comic book hero but he is a superhero! now who could win in a battle of these two titans?

Ever notice how similar they are? both have teen identities then transform into adults and both have superhuman strength and both can transform with a single magic word. CM can also fly and is alot faster than He-Man.

I say CM.

Sir Whirlysplat
Playing Devils advocate - a number of you guys on this thread may well like me have He mans first appearence in a centre pages mini comic in DC comics in the early eighties where he battled Pre Crisis Supes to a standstill. In that issue and there second meeting they were equal in strength. He mans strength at that time in comics was equal to Pre crisis Supes.

Juntai
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Playing Devils advocate - a number of you guys on this thread may well like me have He mans first appearence in a centre pages mini comic in DC comics in the early eighties where he battled Pre Crisis Supes to a standstill. In that issue and there second meeting they were equal in strength. He mans strength at that time in comics was equal to Pre crisis Supes. Not quite, Pre-C Superman's powers constantly fluctuated.. Rather than this comparison in crossover, show some of He-Man's feats being on Superman's level. Pre-C Superman could throw planets, blow stars with his super-breath, etc. I doubt you'll be able to come up with an equivelent.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Playing Devils advocate - a number of you guys on this thread may well like me have He mans first appearence in a centre pages mini comic in DC comics in the early eighties where he battled Pre Crisis Supes to a standstill. In that issue and there second meeting they were equal in strength. He mans strength at that time in comics was equal to Pre crisis Supes.

Interesting. And ZephroCarnelian said that He-Man was way stronger than Captain Marvel who was also equal to Pre-Crisis Supes. And when they actually fought, Cap clearly had the advantage in the fight. Considering Superman was down and stunned and couldnt continue the fight.

snoopdogg
Which one of Supermans punches are more powerful? His right(which knocked out Thor) or his left(which knocked out Hulk)?

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Which one of Supermans punches are more powerful? His right(which knocked out Thor) or his left(which knocked out Hulk)?

laughing laughing laughing

Hard to say. I mean afterall, when he ko'd Thor, he was on his back. Or sitting down rather.

snoopdogg
I would say the Thor-buster is more powerful than the Hulk-buster also.

supremthor

you no ur just looking 4 trouble by saying that... ether from hulk fanboys
or a thor fanboy...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by supremthor
you no ur just looking 4 trouble by saying that... ether from hulk fanboys
or a thor fanboy... Somebody has to stir the pot...............................

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Johnlindsey289
both can transform with a single magic word. Actually He-Man says 9 words while Billy says one. wink

Sir Whirlysplat
Although he man is obviously a rip off smile

jrodslam
I HATE He-Man.

ZephroCarnelian
The only reason that Captain Marvel and He-Man every stood a chance against Supes is because their powers are magically based.

As stated here by Skeletor himself, Superman is at a disadvantage in Eternia because it is a land of magic.

Look - even holding the Sword of Power is burning Supes.

Don't think that because Marvel has punched Supes and made him bleed, that he's as strong. He's not - he's just magical.

jrodslam
Cap being Magical doesnt havce anything to do with him being equal to Superman in strength or any other attributes.

True Cap can use his magical abilities to his advantage, but if he didnt, hed still do very well against Superman as shown before.

ZephroCarnelian
Against PreCrisis Superman is it means everything.

PreCrisis Superman was very VERY vulnerable to magical attacks, anything that was imbued with magic could hurt him and any magical items were usually immune to his strength.

Cap Marvel being magical means a GREAT deal when it comes to fighting precrisis Superman. smile

jrodslam
If that was the case, when they fought, Superman should have been down with the first 2-3 punches.

Maybe Captain Marvel doing so well against Supes has something to do with his strength. Considering he and Superman are equal. As well as his durability. Considering that Cap's durability is argueably better than Supermans.

Superman nowadays is not as vunerable to magic as he once was, yet Cap still does just as good against him as he ever did.

the Darkone
Captain Marvel wins, with the intelligence of salomon he-man goes down. If I 'm not mistaken he-man in the cartoon of 1980's had a hard time picking castle greyskull when it was thrown into another diminsion.

olympian
On the other hand he has moved Eternia`s moon and the planet as well, before.

His feats are precrisis stuff. High end and lows only.

olympian
Just to reply to some stuff i saw after...

"Now He-Man may not be a comic book hero "

He has been in comic books before. In different formats actually.

"Not quite, Pre-C Superman's powers constantly fluctuated.. Rather than this comparison in crossover, show some of He-Man's feats being on Superman's level"

And He-Man lifted and trew Grayskull castle to another dimension, trew another object int he recent cartoon to the sun, moved Eternia`s moon as well as the planet on another ocassion.

Hes much as inconsistant as precrisis Supes was.

JediMasterLuke5
He man gets murdered thats all there is to it. Captain Marvel out muscles him by alot.

olympian
How, considering the feats he has?

the Darkone
Captain Marvel has powers from Four gods, Atlas, Herules, Zeus, Mercury. CM feats on same level as pre-crisis superman, and current superman also, CM has strength advantage, speed, durability, intelligence over He-Man.

snoopdogg
Superspeed and Flight advantages will get CM the win.

Arahan
AFAIK He-Man is also pretty fast. And very durable.
I agree with the inconsitent thing, sometimes he could move mountains and sometimes he has problems with much smaller things.

Dizzle
Superspeed and Flight advantages will get CM the win.

Debatable. He Man is WAY stronger. I'm pretty sure Castle Greyskull is a conduit to another universe or something. He Man basically gets as strong as he needs to be. He's kinda like Hulk, but with necessity, as opposed to rage.

I'm leaning towards speed over power though. CM 6/10.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Dizzle

I'm leaning towards speed over power though. CM 6/10. Make that speed & power over power.

CM lifts air-craft carriers like they are paper.

olympian
"Captain Marvel has powers from Four gods, Atlas, Herules, Zeus, Mercury. CM feats on same level as pre-crisis superman, and current superman also, CM has strength advantage, speed, durability, intelligence over He-Man."

You are underrating He-man here.

Both -have- precrisis level feats and combat showings. Marvel has the lighting but otoh He-Man has the sword that gives him alot more versability. Hes fast enough to tangle with Kal as it was show and its more skilled.

I see one being more faster and durable and another being more versatible and skilled.

What i honestly dont see at all its a difference in strenght. If anything He-Man has one or two more ridiculous strenght feats than Marvel.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by olympian
Marvel has the lighting but otoh He-Man has the sword that gives him alot more versability. He-Mans sword is probably gonna be useless in this fight. CM is invulernable to magical attacks.

On the other hand I think CM's lighting would knock He-Man out.

olympian
He-Man uses the sword all the time to defend and deflect against magical attacks from two prime wizards.

The main question would be, could the blade cut Marvel? Since its not a magical attack? This is not cut and drie. Both are beings of magic.

DigiMark007
The main issue is that, if Marvel is smart he'll use his speed to stay the hell away from He-Man. HM might have the strength advantage (and I'd be one of the ones who says he definitely does have that advantage) and the sword might even absorb Marvel's lightning. But superspeed will be Adam's fall in this fight. Marvel wins.

-DM

P.S. He-Man's strength usually fluctuates as well because that's its nature (he draws from an external source that can make him stronger as needed), so his feats can be misleading. Though he did once chuck a small-moon-sized meteor thing into orbit...that's about the only major feat I know of besides stalemating Pre-Crisis Supes. Can't confirm it with an issue # unfortunately, but I've seen it.

DigiMark007
And He-Man should SO make a return!

smile

Arahan
Classic He-Man cartoon has the best transforming scene I have ever seen. It is fast and the effects a great.

The transforming scene in the new ones isnt good.

Adam_PoE
He-Man has the equivocal endurance, resistance to injury, and strength of a god. He-Man also has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

He-Man has no vulnerabilities, whereas Captain Marvel can be reverted back to Billy Batson by ordinary lightning.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
whereas Captain Marvel can be reverted back to Billy Batson by ordinary lightning.

no

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by jrodslam
no

Any electrical current equivalent to the Shazam! bolt can revert Captain Marvel back to Billy Batson. yes

olympian
If its equivelent it cant be ordinary lighting.

Any of the two can win.

Fishy 500
Current He - man gets owened !

olympian
Why? He still have high feats like trowing an object into the sun.

If there is a main disavantage on the new version its being more inexperienced, aka more rookie than the ones before.

Fishy 500
Why? He still have high feats like trowing an object into the sun.

If there is a main disavantage on the new version its being more inexperienced, aka more rookie than the ones before.

Indeed plus lower levels of durability .... regularly floored by Skeletor/King Hiss, and other lower level super strong characters such as Rattlor and Zodack.

olympian
Skeletor was always a problem for He-Man. He even got precrisis Superman down when they met.

Getting floored doesnt speak for being weaker. He certainly never was in comparation with Skeletor itself, his goons and the like. He was essentially a rookie in that show.

Fishy 500
Skeletor was always a problem for He-Man. He even got precrisis Superman down when they met.

Getting floored doesnt speak for being weaker. He certainly never was in comparation with Skeletor itself, his goons and the like. He was essentially a rookie in that show.

I don't think its set before the original series BTW .... There was a lot of iconsistent Jobbing ... he was owned by Zodack. He needed cyborg enhancements to take on a Sentinnel Sized body guard .... And he was nearly killed by a below nuclear level explosion. Skeletor became stronger with a little ambrosia, he wasfloored by giants. The list goes on !!!!!!!!

Adam_PoE
If its equivelent it cant be ordinary lighting.

"Ordinary" in the sense that it is not magically charged or mystical in nature.

Originally posted by Fishy 500
I don't think its set before the original series BTW .... There was a lot of iconsistent Jobbing ... he was owned by Zodack. He needed cyborg enhancements to take on a Sentinnel Sized body guard .... And he was nearly killed by a below nuclear level explosion. Skeletor became stronger with a little ambrosia, he wasfloored by giants. The list goes on !!!!!!!!

The new Masters of the Universe series begins when Prince Adam is 16 years old, and first receives the Power of Grayskull. The classic Masters of the Universe series begins two years later, when Prince Adam is 18 years old, and continues until his 20th birthday.

jrodslam
"Ordinary" in the sense that it is not magically charged or mystical in nature.

Well not just any migical lightning is suppose to revert Captain Marvel back to Bill.

Shazam's, Black Adam's, Mary and Jr are the only lightnings that can/shouold be able to revert him back.

Spectre is a special case however. sad

Adam_PoE
Well not just any migical lightning is suppose to revert Captain Marvel back to Bill.

Shazam's, Black Adam's, Mary and Jr are the only lightnings that can/shouold be able to revert him back.

Spectre is a special case however. sad

Not just any lightning, magic or otherwise, is supposed to be able to revert a Marvel family member back to an ordinary state... but I can think of at least three occasions when it has happened.

jrodslam
Not just any lightning, magic or otherwise, is supposed to be able to revert a Marvel family member back to an ordinary state... but I can think of at least three occasions when it has happened.

The ONLY lightning that is suppose to revert them are the ones i listed.

Anything and everything else SHOULDNT work.

King KAM
He-Man, but Lion-O! is still alot cooler.

jrodslam
Originally posted by King KAM
Lion-O! is still alot cooler.

We agree there. And my favorite was actually Tigra.

King KAM
We agree there. And my favorite was actually Tigra.
Im a Leo so ofcourse i liked the lion, Lion-O! lord of the Thundercats

snoopdogg
I'd like to see a scan of normal lightning turnin CM into Billy.

raiford
i want to see he man vs the lord jesus christ since he man thinks he owns everyone in the universe christ would drop kick he man right into the sun

King KAM
Originally posted by raiford
i want to see he man vs the lord jesus christ since he man thinks he owns everyone in the universe christ would drop kick he man right into the sun
how can christ beat he-man, when he couldnt even beat a few soldiers trying to capture him....????

Juntai
how can christ beat he-man, when he couldnt even beat a few soldiers trying to capture him....???? Didn't you see that thread of Jesus hopping off of the cross, smacking around a ton of dudes and then throwing down with Zues?

King KAM
Originally posted by Juntai
Didn't you see that thread of Jesus hopping off of the cross, smacking around a ton of dudes and then throwing down with Zues?
nope....

Juntai
nope.... http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380173&highlight=Jesus

Wild Cowboy
Cool link Juntai.........

Manli-O
Why does everyone cite the precrisis Superman battle with He-Man as He-Man being Superman's equal or saying they fought to a standstill?
Superman landed 2 punches & He-Man was knocked out. If I saw a boxing match or mma match & the winner only landed 2 punches in the first round I would not say the fighters were equal or that the fight was a standstill. I would say one fighter got demolished.
Now the new 52 Superman vs. He -Man gave me the impression that Superman is strong enough & durable enough to hang with current He-Man possibly even overpower, but when He-Man stabbed him in the chest I realized He-Man has more in his toolbox than just physical ability. I would call that Superman getting it handed to him.
I think anything before New 52 Captain Marvel would win against He-Man. Current/new 52 I don't know I haven't seen enough to know for sure.

Blue Area Vet
Somebody has to stir the pot...............................

You two young ladies are proving why Superman appeals to 8 year olds. Oh wait, he doesn't, just adults with the minds of 8 year olds.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Manli-O
Why does everyone cite the precrisis Superman battle with He-Man as He-Man being Superman's equal or saying they fought to a standstill?
Superman landed 2 punches & He-Man was knocked out. If I saw a boxing match or mma match & the winner only landed 2 punches in the first round I would not say the fighters were equal or that the fight was a standstill. I would say one fighter got demolished.

That is a complete misrepresentation of their fight.

He-Man draws his axe, preparing to swing at Skeletor.

Superman, unbeknownst to his ally He-Man, is now under the magical control of Skeletor, and charges him from behind.

He-Man, taken by surprise, grabs Superman by the cape, and throws him to the ground.

As Superman draws himself from the ground, He-Man marches toward him.

He-Man and Superman simultaneously punch one another in the face.

Superman throws a second punch, knocking He-Man to the ground.

As He-Man draws himself from the ground, Superman charges Skeletor. He is fully-conscious in the panel.

This is hardly a defeat, let alone the knock out you are trying to characterize it to be.

Each character punched the other in the face one and knocked the other to the ground once.

The characters appeared to be evenly matched, and the fight was interrupted before it could be concluded.

That is the reason this non-fight is considered an impressive feat for He-Man. He was able to trade blows with pre-Crisis Superman and completely hold his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.