Cyclops Dies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordofwar
I heard from the first draft of the script, he does die. But we don't know for sure if they changed it, and if he does die for sure, it won't be quick.

Also we all know how pissed Fox is at WB for recruiting Singer and taking Marsden with him. I guess they want to kill off the character.

botcherby
Thats a bit pointless, I'm sure hes just going to that snowy place... Al somthing and will meet Madelyne Prior off camera.

a lot of Fans will be pissed if Cyclops dies, its never even happened in the comics. But he may just be rezzed at the end of the film?

Rave X
Originally posted by botcherby
a lot of Fans will be pissed if Cyclops dies, its never even happened in the comics. But he may just be rezzed at the end of the film?

that has happened in the comics

willRules
a lot of Fans will be pissed if Cyclops dies, its never even happened in the comics.

Cyclops "died" in the apocaylpse the twelve storyline.........

steverules
Yeah and then came back. roll eyes (sarcastic)

NoFate007
I don't think they'll kill Cyclops. I think if they kill anyone, which I don't think they will, they'll kill someone like Juggernaut or Pyro or something, they won't kill like, Wolverine or Storm or what have you.

steverules
Prof x, Jean Grey, beast, Arch angel etc.....

botcherby
Originally posted by willRules
Cyclops "died" in the apocaylpse the twelve storyline.........

damn... I thought everyone thought he died, but he didn't, he fused with Apocalypse and they vanished... their minds and body became one and Cyclops fought back enough to gain control of his body, but lost his memory and landed in Egypt... didn't he? messed

If my info is incorrect, could someone please tell me how he died smile

willRules
damn... I thought everyone thought he died, but he didn't, he fused with Apocalypse and they vanished... their minds and body became one and Cyclops fought back enough to gain control of his body, but lost his memory and landed in Egypt... didn't he? messed

If my info is incorrect, could someone please tell me how he died smile

yes thats correct.

I was just being annoying smile

botcherby
yes thats correct.

I was just being annoying smile

aww man your so mean :P

willRules
lol sorry

Blood_Rayne
If he does die it won't really bother me because I'm not that crazy about him anyway.

Mainstream
they may "kill" Angel only to have him be reborn as Archangel.

lordofwar
Well Cyclops didn't get enough screen time in X2. Plus he gets defeated by a woman.

Disappear
considering how often dead means dead within the comics, i'd say cyke's "death" in the twelve story arc could be considered just as legitimate as any other character's. perception is reality, after all...

vader519
From waht I read, on the other boards, it is Professor X that dies and not Cyclops.

mr.smiley
Well we can only guess as of now,but if any character dies and they end this series at a trilogy I will be pissed.I don't want the X movies to end on too dark of a note.Unless it deals with Apocalypse.

X-Woman
I'm not gonna believe he dies no matter what anyone says. Hmph! stick out tongue

botcherby
Xavier does seem the most likely candiate considering that Cerebro will not show up in the film apparantly....

awww I hope this doesn't happen, Xavier is too sweet a guy in the movies to die... the comics have turned Xavier into a messed up psycho who keeps lying to the team *sob* :P

willRules
I hope Xavier doesn't die. he is the founder, the mentor, the all-trust worthy and most powerful (Phoenix aside) bloke who is really, really clever. He puts the X in X-men!!!!

Actually the x doesn't come from his name but we won't go down that road as Im trying to make their leader look good here..................

Doc Ock
Originally posted by steverules
Yeah and then came back. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Most Marvel characters do.There's no such thing as dead in these comics wink

Disappear
Actually the x doesn't come from his name but we won't go down that road as Im trying to make their leader look good here..................

anybody else see that episode of 'boy meets world'? hair, lips and brainiac 3000...

cheekwg
I love cyclops..he's so cool but i guess someone has to die either way...I hope it's pyro...I always hated him when he flips his lighter

X-Woman
But then why would they make a funeral for Pyro?

pr1983
Please kill him fox... stop butchering the character and just get it over with...

botcherby
No don't kill cyclops. Marsden has finally matured as a bloke, and he actually looks the part now for cyclops... :P

X-Woman
No don't kill cyclops. Marsden has finally matured as a bloke, and he actually looks the part now for cyclops... :P
Sooo true. I love his scruffy beard! love

pr1983
he grows some stubble and thats enough?

Ok, not counting the fact that he wore cardigans and listened to nsync, he still looks about 18...

and he's still WAY too short imo... erm

botcherby
height has no place in movies, the camera always makes you look taller if used correctly....

... what about Logan... hes too tall in the films, but no one cares ;P

Flavio
i just hope he doesnt die as in that early script. Pathetic, pathetic....
At least let him die in battle sad

X-Woman
Battle against Jean maybe?

Flavio
that would be better than "woosh, he's gone coz jean degenerated his body in 0,5 seconds..."

X-Woman
I agree. It even SOUNDS stupid. If that happends...I'll be in awe.

pr1983
height has no place in movies, the camera always makes you look taller if used correctly....

... what about Logan... hes too tall in the films, but no one cares ;P

Its part of his character to be imposing... the easiest way to get that is for him to be tall... marsden had to wear stilts just to measure up, and he was still short... erm

and logan was played by someone who imo made a decent approximation of the character...

botcherby
bloomin' hell wasn't it Cyclops who killed Jean in the end of the dark phoenix thingy? Fox surely has to stick with that element of the story... its the ultimate kick in the balls to have to kill the woman you love.

I will be greatly disappointed if Cyclops isn't the one to take down Jean, I will shout out in the cinema in disgust :P

RaistlinM
I hope, Cyclops will not die...Because I love him.He is really so cool.He is field leader of X-men.Pleaseee Do not kill him fox....

Fiann@
Originally posted by pr1983
Its part of his character to be imposing... the easiest way to get that is for him to be tall... marsden had to wear stilts just to measure up, and he was still short... erm

and logan was played by someone who imo made a decent approximation of the character...

laughing lol laughing

Stilts? OMG...stilts laughing

X-Woman
He isn't that short. Famke is just really really tall and so is Hugh

office jesus

Why? Scott was such a pansy ass in the first two films. Nevermind the fact he gets beat down by Kelly Hu. Honestly? If anyone gets killed in the film, it'll more than likely be Charles.

J-Unit
How The Hell Do U Even Think That He Is Going To Die My Brothers? Dont Yall Notice That Hes Got The Suit On Him, What Does It Mean Then?

botcherby
please J-Unit... you think your THE FIRST person to notice that? its been debated in threads since the very first images of X3 came out.

Only a week left....

Also something happens at the end of the credits.... definatly worth staying just to see what it is.

bowbow
Sorry to say but u were all wrong, they kill cyclops, and they do it quick. The only thing is, u only hear he is dead, u never actually c his body...so uk how that works out. Also u might b dissapointed with who they kill. I thought the movie was great, but they killed off a lot of characters, and characters u never thought they would even think of killing.

RaistlinM
I dont like movie.And cyclops died sad(

Xam
yeah he dies...who cares???he wasent doing much anyways exept for crying over jean n beeing jealous,not a big lost,xmen movies can go on wihtout him

bowbow
movie = great, cyclops = pussy

chucktaylor
No arguments...

But in my own opinion, they could've given Cyclops a fight scene before killing him. But I'd rather not have killed him in the first place...

jgiant
hes not dead, they never saw his body, i was waiting for him to show up out of no where in the movie, never did...well there is always X-men the last last stand...

the Darkone
Jean Grey/Dark phoenix can bring him back from the dead.

Darth Vicious
Well Cyclops did died, Professor X died, Jean died, Mystique lost her powers, Magneto lost his powers(pretty much), Rogue took the cowardly way out and used the cure, Angel's role was minimmal at best, Psylockes was non-existent, Juggernaut was a mutant.. I wonder if this new director did his homework on the X-men or if he even read 1 comic book. The movie was entertainingm but a disgrace to me and to all true X-men fans.

Soss
Prof X isn't dead.
Mystique and Magneto both lost powers, but they WILL return.
Apparently, since Magneto was regaining his powers at the end.

persian85033
awww I hope this doesn't happen, Xavier is too sweet a guy in the movies to die... the comics have turned Xavier into a messed up psycho who keeps lying to the team *sob* :P

Sweet? The guy lives in lala land or something. I mean, I can sort of see what he wants, but we have to be realistic, don't we? And what he wants isn't very realistic. I mean, people just aren't going to accept things just like that. They are people, and humans are the most evil species on the face of the Earth. Not to mention selfish, etc.

InnerRise
And your view on the whole matter is what Xavier is trying to change.

My god, you sound just like Magneto.

is it comprehensible.....

persian85033
I don't think it's possible to change such a view. Too many people.

I do? Well, I always did think he had more realistic ideas. I mean, only the smart and the strong deserve to survive. There just isn't enough room for everybody!!! Unless you want an overpopulation problem(which we sort of already have). Humans are so frail, anyway, so poorly adapted. I mean, I envy my cat and the dog, and even the fish. They have so many abilities I can never have. And as for people reasoning, people don't really reason. A lot of people I know are really nothing more than dumbasses, or use their thinking abilities to do bad things, like hurt other people, the enviornment, and stuff just for fun sometimes. I mean, some of the things Sissy, Paco, the Tiger Barbs, the Guppies, the snails and the catfish do, make more sense than what I've seen some people do.

Besides, instead of doing stupid things like finding a cure for mutation, which IMO, is the cure, they should be finding cures for other things, epilepsy, diabetes, or get rid of them altogethor. If you have any of those things, or someone in your family does, you should just foget about having kids, IMO. That is being selfish. You're passing that stuff on to others, and...well, I think that's just selfish of you.

InnerRise
Not necessarily.

You don't automatically pass things on. There's a chance they won't get it.

Xavier just has more faith in people than you. He believes with work and guidance that they can change.

I have to go and would like to say more but don't have time.

And just to let you know. I wouldn't consider myself selfish if I were to have kids.

I would consider myself selfish to not give them a chance at life.

Having an illness isn't the end of the world. People can live normal, happy and successful lives with illnesses.

Darth Revan
Originally posted by lordofwar
I heard from the first draft of the script, he does die. But we don't know for sure if they changed it, and if he does die for sure, it won't be quick.

Also we all know how pissed Fox is at WB for recruiting Singer and taking Marsden with him. I guess they want to kill off the character.

My thought upon seeing Cyclops die: FINALLY! roll eyes (sarcastic)

He's by far the least cool mutant yes

Jury
Did Cyclops die?

It's not impossible but it would be unreasonable. gambit2

Darth Jello
a. he died offscreen so-well, you know comic book rules
b. He has a track record of being an archtypal ******* to all the women in his life and pretty much singlehandedly caused inferno and all the deaths associated with that event so in my eyes, he deserves it.

Jury
Who killed him in the comics? And how was he killed?

Darth Jello
he wasn't killed in the comics, i'm saying he deserved to die in the movies a. for what he did in the comics, and b. to prevent and "inferno" from occuring in the movie timeline.

Darth Vicious
Well he died offscreen Which they could make a crappy ass backstory to bring him back if they wanted to, same with the Professor. I hope Ratner doesnt direct this movies again if they decide to make another one, which I doubt.

fruits
everyone says "their was no body, he's still alive!!!" well there's no body cuz phoenix blew it to bits.....there's nothing left. im also glad he died, very annoying character just brough the movies down in my opinion. now if only storm would die.........

anyway, expect magneto, rogue, and mystique to be back w/ powers in an X4 if it happens. it wore off on magneot quickly because he is so strong, it will ware off on rogue and mystique eventually, it'll just take time.

soul self
Proff x will be back, in x 3 at the end he is in another body(when i say end i mean end of credits). As for Jean/Phoenix i thought she should have been more ruthless and kill everything, all of it. Then n the end some crap would happen where the Jean would gain control and the phoenix would be sorry and fix it all back to normal(and bla bla bla everyone comes back to life etc. sappy stuff) Then Jean would have learned how to control her power for the real fight. ( i though Apoclyps came before Pheonix saga).????

InnerRise
Originally posted by fruits
everyone says "their was no body, he's still alive!!!" well there's no body cuz phoenix blew it to bits.....there's nothing left. im also glad he died, very annoying character just brough the movies down in my opinion. now if only storm would die.........

anyway, expect magneto, rogue, and mystique to be back w/ powers in an X4 if it happens. it wore off on magneot quickly because he is so strong, it will ware off on rogue and mystique eventually, it'll just take time.
What's wrong with Storm?

She's a very strong and beneficial character to the team. She doesn't bring the movie down.

Superman_045
How did Cyclops die?

persian85033
Originally posted by InnerRise
Not necessarily.

You don't automatically pass things on. There's a chance they won't get it.

Xavier just has more faith in people than you. He believes with work and guidance that they can change.

I have to go and would like to say more but don't have time.

And just to let you know. I wouldn't consider myself selfish if I were to have kids.

I would consider myself selfish to not give them a chance at life.

Having an illness isn't the end of the world. People can live normal, happy and successful lives with illnesses.

There's always the chance that they could pass it on.

Xavier is just a little crazy sometimes. I mean, most of the things he says are unrealistic, and I wonder if there is anything he would be unwilling to do(like a Medievalist unable to cross open country).

I mean, if I were a mutant, I don't see why I should have to put up with such stupid people. They are simply dumb, jealous and ignorant. I mean, if people never did anything for me except to make me mad or try to hurt me, why should I do anything for people? Like, in a fight, I could probably definitely win, so why should I just let them treat me like dirt, when I could just blast them or something? So you see, Magneto does have more of a point. It just makes me mad that Xavier sees people persecuting them, and does nothing, except maybe protecting the people, or just locking everybody up. As if they have something to be ashamed of.

Jury
After Phoenix Saga... Age of Apocalypse comes. I guess. gambit2

InnerRise
Originally posted by persian85033
There's always the chance that they could pass it on.

Xavier is just a little crazy sometimes. I mean, most of the things he says are unrealistic, and I wonder if there is anything he would be unwilling to do(like a Medievalist unable to cross open country).

I mean, if I were a mutant, I don't see why I should have to put up with such stupid people. They are simply dumb, jealous and ignorant. I mean, if people never did anything for me except to make me mad or try to hurt me, why should I do anything for people? Like, in a fight, I could probably definitely win, so why should I just let them treat me like dirt, when I could just blast them or something? So you see, Magneto does have more of a point. It just makes me mad that Xavier sees people persecuting them, and does nothing, except maybe protecting the people, or just locking everybody up. As if they have something to be ashamed of.
"This person is making me mad so why don't I just Blow them up."???

Okkkkkk.....am I missing something here?

That's the problem with the world today.

People are always going to make you mad and somebody is always going to dislike you.

You move on and get over it and live your life. You don't blow them up.

Wolfie
Originally posted by fruits
There was no body of Professor X either. Maybe he survived! eek! laughing

Anyway, I'm glad I didn't visit this forum before I saw X3. The title of this thread is such a spoiler.

Darth Jello
Xavier is alive. if you stayed after the credits, you'd know that.

MrHeavySilence
You can't blame her for killing Cyclops. I mean, he f'ing blasted into the water!! I bet Phoenix was like: "you son of a b*tch." So, she roleplayed, got close to him, and fried his ass.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by soul self
Proff x will be back, in x 3 at the end he is in another body(when i say end i mean end of credits). As for Jean/Phoenix i thought she should have been more ruthless and kill everything, all of it. Then n the end some crap would happen where the Jean would gain control and the phoenix would be sorry and fix it all back to normal(and bla bla bla everyone comes back to life etc. sappy stuff) Then Jean would have learned how to control her power for the real fight. ( i though Apoclyps came before Pheonix saga).????

I kinda agree with this(I didnt saw it) but the Professor was discussing something like that with the students at the beggining of the movie.

Darth Jello
apocalypse came far after phoenix saga, right after jean came back from the dead when x-factor was formed.

Jury
Originally posted by FlameAngel14
Not to be rude but Jean needed to die but yeah it is sad but i don't understand how cyclops died can someone xplain that 2 me?
Apparently in the movie, Cyclops died. Yes, that's how they've viewed it. But, since there's no exact account that can prove Cyclops really died, a lot of possibilities can be raised.

Cyclops' role ends in the lake. The next account was when Wolverine and Storm went there only to see Jean's unconscious body. That's it. Cyclops was gone. No one knows what really happened. Even Charles himself. He also assumed that Jean, being the "Dark" Phoenix, killed Scott.

But it's not impossible that Cyclops is alive.

gambit12 mon ami

FlameAngel14
What did it show after the credits? i didn't stay long enough to c that. If prof. X just burst into small shards of body pieces then it's quite possible that they connected again somehow with the powers he has. and all it showed with Cyclops is him and Jean making out at the lake and when Storm and Wolverine get there wolverine finds Cyclops's sunglasses and storm finds Jean. and alittle later when Jean wakes up wolverine asks her what happened to cyclops and it shows the lake with some sort of big ripple and a big stream of water in the middle of the ripple so I think the phoenix part of jean threw cyclops in the water either at such great force he couldn't get to the surface and drown or he got out never returned to the mutant school.

Jury
What did it show after the credits? i didn't stay long enough to c that.
If you can remember the Prof having a class with the kids back to the Mansion, he's presenting a visual aid - a monitor - where Dr. Moira McTaggert is featured and a lying body behind her. Their lesson was about transferring consciousness to other body. Same thing flashed in the post credit ending.
If prof. X just burst into small shards of body pieces then it's quite possible that they connected again somehow with the powers he has.
Beforehand, the Prof asked Jean if he could let him in. The Phoenix Force is obviously not letting him, thus telling him "Get out of my head".

So, the Prof's choice was Wolverine. He knew what the Pheonix can do to him. He knew that she could kill him. So, he gazed upon Wolverine... and bursted out.

Now, where is he? All the way to the end of the movie, the Prof. was there in Wolverine's mind.
and all it showed with Cyclops is him and Jean making out at the lake and when Storm and Wolverine get there wolverine finds Cyclops's sunglasses and storm finds Jean. and alittle later when Jean wakes up wolverine asks her what happened to cyclops and it shows the lake with some sort of big ripple and a big stream of water in the middle of the ripple so I think the phoenix part of jean threw cyclops in the water either at such great force he couldn't get to the surface and drown or he got out never returned to the mutant school.
What happened to Cyclops? Jean can't remember what exactly happened or what she actually did knowing that her memory is unstable yet and she's still in control of the Phoenix Force.

So no one knows what really happened. Everybody assumed Cyclops died.

gambit12 mon ami

supreme_being
ok so it wasnt made certain and i suppose every1 wud like to believe he is still alive.. but think of it this way... cyclops became nothing without jean. u cant have 1 without the other and i doubt in the movies they'll ever have jean come back agen and agen. its the same as the matrix... u cant have neo without trinity or trinity without neo. it doesnt fit.
so if jean died so did cyclops and Professor X well he didnt really die, so its like i said. u cant have one without the other.

quiqueg34
I did read and understand the rules but I guess I'm saying some of them should be changed. I'm really hoping something can be done about spoilers in the thread titles. This is the main reason why I post without searching (when I do so... I do search). Now that the movie has come I guess that doesn't matter anymore. I don't know what you meant Jury about double posting because I've yet to do that. I spoke with Stan Lee and he said, "Scott's not dead... have a little faith."

botcherby
Scotts not dead you g od damn haters

the xmen are not complete without cyclops nor xavier, thats why they are clearly both alive...

Celestialgirl
Originally posted by supreme_being
ok so it wasnt made certain and i suppose every1 wud like to believe he is still alive.. but think of it this way... cyclops became nothing without jean. u cant have 1 without the other and i doubt in the movies they'll ever have jean come back agen and agen. its the same as the matrix... u cant have neo without trinity or trinity without neo. it doesnt fit.
so if jean died so did cyclops and Professor X well he didnt really die, so its like i said. u cant have one without the other.

Jean is the pheonix though, they always ressurect themselves from the Ashes. I believe Jean died but I also believe she'll be back and so will Cyclops.

Jury
Jean Grey didn't die. The one who was killed by Wolverine was her REPLICA used by the Phoenix Force. Well, the mythical Phoenix periodically dies only to live again. I hope you guys realize that.

And Cyclops matter even without Jean. Astonishing X-Men.

gambit12 mon ami

Viviane Hor
say
NO ! no

Jury
Cyclops matter even without Jean Grey. As I said, Astonishing X-Men.

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/team/astonishing_title.jpg

gambit12

supreme_being
ok i could understand were ur coming from if emma frost had of actually been in the movies. but she wasnt, there was no reason for cyclops to still be alive, n why cant storm be the leader, i mean its not like she isnt in the comics. furthermore, didnt bryan singer say he wanted to keep the movies as close as he could to an actual reality and not push it too far so its unbelieveable?? and of course brett said he wanted to continue with bryans work, so he wouldnt want to change that, so why the heck would they use that whole crap about no actually that wasnt jean grey, it was the phoenix posing her... hello? did u not watch the movie, n the movie the phoenix is a part of jeans mutation, her other half, her second personality, bcuz of so much power she had,her mind created another personality, calling itself the phoenix... didnt this guy watch it at all???

i dnt understand if jean came back in another sequel, why wud she bring back scott, yes ok scott and jean go together and in the comics he survives well on his own without jean, but the white queen was never incorperated into the movie, i think they 3rd movie is just gonna leave the story with the death of them both and u can bring in other characters n a possible 4th one. i know yall r disapointed but its the movie, i think they want to keep it as real as possible and having one ressurection was enough(jeans first 'death')

even xavier said that scotts a changed man without jean, yall saw from the movie how upset he was. im not saying they should of killed him, i mean it certainly shocked me, cuz from the trailer i thot they found both scott and jean at alkali lake, i was wrong. n i was fully gutted that logan played more the leader of the x-men at the end than storm, as she is clearly next in line to fill the position, but we cant do anything about it now, can we?

HellMaster93
The movie was a huge letdown. Let the series end here or else I'll KILL Ratner...

Jury
ok i could understand were ur coming from if emma frost had of actually been in the movies. but she wasnt, there was no reason for cyclops to still be alive, n why cant storm be the leader, i mean its not like she isnt in the comics. furthermore, didnt bryan singer say he wanted to keep the movies as close as he could to an actual reality and not push it too far so its unbelieveable?? and of course brett said he wanted to continue with bryans work, so he wouldnt want to change that, so why the heck would they use that whole crap about no actually that wasnt jean grey, it was the phoenix posing her... hello? did u not watch the movie, n the movie the phoenix is a part of jeans mutation, her other half, her second personality, bcuz of so much power she had,her mind created another personality, calling itself the phoenix... didnt this guy watch it at all???
What I mean here is possibility. The Prof himself could be wrong. Everyone there could be wrong.

Man, you are forgetting one CONCEPT about Jean Grey. It happened in the comics - in TAS - it will happen in the movie. This concept is PHOENIX. The very reason why she has called PHOENIX is because she has to die... only to live again. PHOENIX.
i dnt understand if jean came back in another sequel, why wud she bring back scott, yes ok scott and jean go together and in the comics he survives well on his own without jean, but the white queen was never incorperated into the movie, i think they 3rd movie is just gonna leave the story with the death of them both and u can bring in other characters n a possible 4th one. i know yall r disapointed but its the movie, i think they want to keep it as real as possible and having one ressurection was enough(jeans first 'death')
Since, we are all assuming of the possibility of a sequel, we'll also assume POSSIBLE plot. This is only one of the possibilities

Jean Grey, will not appear for the meantime. How could Scott be alive then? Nobody knows what happened after Jean Grey kissed Cyclops. We haven't seen any footages. So, what if bunch of mutants came in to "rescue" Cyclops? Wouldn't that possible? Like who? Wouldn't it be possible if they were Emma Frost, Madelyne Prior, and the Mastermind? Like some telepathic, telekinetic, and illusion effects to hit Jean Grey which made her unconscious and took Cyclops with them.

Possible that Jean Grey would not appear in the possible sequel... because Famke would play as Madelyne. So what will happen to the X-Men? Storm can be the leader for the meantime. There's no problem with that since she has been the team's deputy. And Wolverine? The Prof is with him. He'll meet Dr. Moira McTaggert in Muir Island. In one of his own solo movies.

See? How possibilities really matter in this discussion.
even xavier said that scotts a changed man without jean, yall saw from the movie how upset he was. im not saying they should of killed him, i mean it certainly shocked me, cuz from the trailer i thot they found both scott and jean at alkali lake, i was wrong. n i was fully gutted that logan played more the leader of the x-men at the end than storm, as she is clearly next in line to fill the position, but we cant do anything about it now, can we?
Yes, it's true that Jean Grey was the one who made Cyclops out of his shell... but even the Prof himself was not so sure of what really happened since Jean's memory was unstable and the Phoenix didn't let him in. He just assumed that Jean killed Scott. As what I've said, he could be wrong.

This is one way to surprise the viewers.

gambit12 mon ami

supreme_being
sorry i just down right would not watch that movie then, i loved singers (which ratner continued) grasp on keepin it real (and not making it unrealistic like the hulk would just ruin it for me), if jean were to come back and die and bring cyclops back, i mean ppl that only enjoy the movies would get fed up of the same plotline over and over agen, just varied slightly. for me, if there was a 4th one and thats the way they decided to run with it(the whole jean coming back finding cyclops crap) i would not waste my time and money on that, cuz its like ive already seen it, im not gonna spend more money on the same film.

Jury
Ok.

gambit12 mon ami

Pressure
http://movies.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/images/large_01.jpg

When you see the trailer payclose attention to what cyclops is wearing when you see on the rock at alkaly lake and then when Strom calls to logan look at the body on the ground. You notice that shot was never in the film.

Sabretooth
One reason the shot was cut out of the film may be that the good people at Marvel decided that they might want a way out of Cyclops' death in future movies and a corpse lying on the ground might make it a little hard to convince people that there was a plausible way he could have survived his encounter with Phoenix. I doubt it though. I think they whacked Cyclops to let Mr. Marsden know his services would no longer be required at Marvel and he could take his ***** ass back to Singer and DC.

Viviane Hor
Cyclops must alive

Doc Ock
Didn't he have a grave in it??

I wonder was his body actually in there, or was it just in his memory. Jean had one too, but Logan could have brought her body home after he killed her.

stunna1773
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Didn't he have a grave in it??

I wonder was his body actually in there, or was it just in his memory. Jean had one too, but Logan could have brought her body home after he killed her.

yes Cyclops had a grave but at the end of the movie wasn't there something floating around in a circle right on top of jean's grave

cain marko
has anyone got a picture from the trailer when cyclops can bee seen on the floor dead?

Jury
That was trailer. Some scenes were deleted because the makers have future plans. They can change it as long as they want. When those scenes are not included in the actual and official film, they can't be considered to be actually IN the film.

So nobody knows what really happened to Cyclops.

gambit12 mon ami

quiqueg34
Xmarks... did you get my spot in the spiderman forum?

katie_girl09
I don't like Cyclops, but I didn't really like the idea of killing him off. I thought there would have been more to his relationship with Jean. But hey, this is Wolverine and Friends right? What was I thinking?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by quiqueg34
Xmarks... did you get my spot in the spiderman forum? huh

quiqueg34
The one where you can see scott laying there.

botcherby
yea in the trailer I definatly thought I saw Cyclops...

.... however the shot is so unbelievably far away that that cyclops was indeed Jean Grey....

.... Edit: after watching it again and pausing.... yup its Jean.

Pressure
yea in the trailer I definatly thought I saw Cyclops...

.... however the shot is so unbelievably far away that that cyclops was indeed Jean Grey....

.... Edit: after watching it again and pausing.... yup its Jean.

No its not you can see in the clothing and in the hands that it is Scott. Plus why would they not use the shot if it was Jean.

botcherby
they didn't need to use the shot.... there could be tons of reasons why...

but mainly it would have been out of place... because the scene is focussing on wolverine looking at scotts shades... then it cuts to wolveys face as he hears Storm scream Logan... then it cuts to Wolverine running to where storm is, who is kneeling beside Jeans body... at the exact same position as the unused shot in the trailer is....

botcherby
also

if it was scott (which it wasn't) and he was dead... then there'd be no option for him coming back in later xmen films....

thats why the shot (if it was scott, which it wasn't) was cut.

peejayd
* who made the film anyway? why did they let the film completely different from the comics anyway? <sigh> killing off Cyke is stupid, maybe they did that to promote the already overrated Logan to be the team leader (which supposed to be Storm, but Logan gives all orders), and be Jean's sole partner...

* try Cyclops to be played off by Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt, i think Cyke would stand his ground respectively and with authority, and would rather blast the hell out of Wolverine... but no, Wolverine is played by Hugh Jackman and the Cyclops character will go down the toilet, makes Cyke a dick and a wuss... kinda unfair... really unfair...

quiqueg34
That's what we are saying. That if it was Scott on the ground and they took it out so they couldn't confirm death with a body. I looked at the high definiting version and I think it is Jean. You can see her breasts in silouette. They also didn't use the shot of leech in the mri (or whatever it was).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.