Need help with a film title. Please driving me mad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gem0_9
I need to know a film title because it brings back some good memories. My sister and I are desperate to know.
It is a black and white film but dont know the year, I saw it a long time ago. It is about a girl who has a black mother but refuses to accept it, she herself looks white. She lives with her mother who cleans for this well off woman who also has a daughter who is friends with this girl. She is mortifed when given a black doll to play with. The girl goes out with a lad and gets beaten up when he finds out she lied over her race. She then becomes a exotic dancer and her mother finds and she lies to her fellow dancers that she does not know this woman and her mother is devastated. She then passes away and her daughter is full of remorse and sorrow. Hope I have explained it good enough. Please Please reply with the film title it would make two sisters very happy indeed as it is an excellent film that is so emotional I would love to see it again.

ladyv
imitation of life

Impediment
There should be a thread for questions like these........................

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.