Statesman vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Statesman from City of Heroes (which has its own comic thanks to top cow) vs Captain America.

Im thinking Statesman wins this one, what do you guys think?

Blair Wind
Anyone? heres a pic and a bio

Statesman is the lead hero of the City of Heroes backstory and is the actual character played by Jack Emmert, Cryptic Studios co-founder/Lead Designer.

As Paragon City's first costumed superhero, Marcus Cole has been fighting evil for over 70 years. After mastering the Far East secret of unlocking the "inner will", Cole gained access to incredible strength and invulnerability. Over the years he has used his powers for good, battling injustice both local and worldwide. During this time, he also seems to have gained an archnemisis by the name of Lord Recluse. According to their conversations (Lord Recluse calls Statesman an "old friend"wink and off the record comments from Cryptic Studios employees, their pasts and possibly origins are irrevocably intertwined. As of July 2005, the true nature of their relationship is unknown.

He has a keen interest in organizing the hero community as the founder of the Freedom Phalanx and a member of the Vanguard Elite. Statesman is one of the few survivors of the devastating Rikti War and now spends much of his time aiding and training the new heroes of Paragon City.

In the June 2005 Top Cow issue of City of Heroes, it was revealed that Marcus Cole discovered the fabled "Fountain of Zeus." By drinking from this fountain, he obtained the strength, power, and spirit of the Greek god Zeus. Statesman's seemingly unmatched powers are apparently derived from his status as a near-god. When referring to Zeus, he changes between first and third-person usage. While this seems to contradict the previous origin, there have been some hints that he has not been fully open with his own origin.

Notable powers: Flight, invulnerability, super-strength, super-speed

Blair Wind
bump* does no one own the game and read the comic? I mean I dont and I still know somehting about it...so could somone respond?

Zenoside
How about option C?

LORD RECLUSE PWNS THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

MUAHAHAH MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair Wind
Statesmen kicks his spider butt...

lando005
statesman would take the cap (sad to say it but it's true without back up he cant handle him)

Mesirus
good fight actully, i'd say the statesman because captian america has a cloth head gear, statesman has a helmet :P its that close that my excuse for my chioce

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.