-=- nVidia VS ATI -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
After Having TOO many troubles with nVidia, I praise ATI.

BackFire
Can't really say, I've always used ATI, never had a problem with any of their cards so I don't plan on switching to Nvidia anytime soon.

It all comes down to personal preference, really. Both are fine and it just depends on what cards you've had in the computer before. Switching from ATI to Nvidia or vice-versa can cause problems.

Mišt
Always had nVidia, never had problems. I like both, but I just stick with what Im used to I suppose.

Koala MeatPie
I find nVidia cheated me, the GeForce 4 MX was really a GeForce 2,... they just added some 32 mb and changed named.

ATI x700 *drool*

Mišt
I had a GeForce 4 MX 128mb in my old computer, it ran games alright, but the whole computer was shit (800mhz, 128mb ram) so it was kinda redundant for performance anyway.

Ive got a 128mb GeForce 6600 now, runs games perfectly fine on high settings.

JKozzy
My ATI x800 pro... droolio... I'm quite partial to stick out tongue

powerfulone1987
Can someone please explain all of this to me.

Just to give ya a heads up. When you say card, I think "a square/rectangular object inserted into your computer".
Please include how I would find out if i have a card and which one I have.
By the way, I just installed The Sims2 on my computer last night and it is working fine graphics wise and everything. So maybe that means something as to what kind of card and stuff i got.

Thanks.

is it comprehensible.....

Koala MeatPie
yous ee that icon on your desktop that is called "WorkPLace" or Worksation" i don't know how its called in english, but when you click on it, it goes to your C drive and CD / DVD drives also... Rigth cloc on that, select "properties"

Click on the "material" tab

then click on "periphircs" or something, ts the first big button in that window, a new window will pop up. Witha lot of virticle tabs and such. Click on the plus sign for "Graphics card" or Video Cards" whatever it is called, and voal, the name of your card.

powerfulone1987
I don't have that icon on my desktop.

JKozzy
It's "My Computer." Right click it, go to properties, go to the Hardware tab, go to Device Manager, go to Video Cards, and find what it says. Could be under "Display Drivers" I think.

powerfulone1987
I got to device manager and i searched the long list and didn't find anything labled as video card or display drivers.

Is there a video card named samsung?

StinkFist462
Desktop>Right Click>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Adapter Tab.

thats your video card.

El_NINO
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
I got to device manager and i searched the long list and didn't find anything labled as video card or display drivers.

Is there a video card named samsung?

1) click on start then click on run.

2) now type DXDIAG (doesnt matter if caps are on)

3) click on the display tab and read to see what kind of video card you have.

powerfulone1987
I've tried all of yalls ways and whether the card was named or not i do not know, because yall are telling me what page it's on but those pages have a list of things. I don't know which is which. They don't have a title named "Video Card" and then a ":" and the name of the card. So I may have seen the name but I don't know what I'm looking at.

StinkFist462
*edit

StinkFist462
well, there isnt a "graphics card: ", but i dont think it can get any more obvious as to which graphics card you have.

El_NINO
How can he tell if he has a video card just by simple using the display propertise, that doesnt make much sense.

Use my way its simple

Type in the run box DXDIAG then once the program opens click on the display tab.

Mišt
I was about to post that laughing out loud

WindDancer
Beware of the fanboys stick out tongue

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by StinkFist462
well, there isnt a "graphics card: ", but i dont think it can get any more obvious as to which graphics card you have.

I see that you're using Azureus stinkfist.... thumb up

I've had no troubles with my X800. But i am having trouble with my 512mb of ram. need to upgrade.
sad

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
I see that you're using Azureus stinkfist.... thumb up

yea torrent is awesome. i love it.

Wolf Dog
Yah, since i found out about bit torrent, i find that there is no need for a T.V for me anymore. I can dl all my favorite shows in a sinch. It's made my entertainment life way more efficient. i love it too. I'm never going to watch a T.V commercial again!

StinkFist462
i usually use it for movies then just copy them onto DVD or whatever

but we should really keep the illegal talk down round here.

powerfulone1987
Well I see where to look now. I would have realized I was looking at my graphics card if it were one of the ones listed in the poll but it's not so that's what through me off, i didn't know if anymore types existed.

So I have an intel graphics card. Is that good or bad?

Is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
So I have an intel graphics card. Is that good or bad?

that just means you have onboard graphics chip.. it really depends 'when' your pc was built, to whether you can play todays fancy games.. hehe.. my nephew got a pc recently that has onboard graphics.. and he can run world of warcraft.. so it gets the job done I would imagine. smile

powerfulone1987
I just got this laptop for my freshmen college year, like days before i left, so in august, and it runs Sims2 pretty good.

What ya think?

SaTsuJiN
seeing that sims2 is pretty polygon intensive.. I'd think your laptop can run most of todays games

powerfulone1987
That's good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.