-=- Sierra vs ID -=-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
ID's games (Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstien, Quake) are MOSTLY run & Gun even thought they ARE the first to do 3d fps, (Wolfenstien 3d) I find Sierra's games better, going back to the "Quest" series and all the way up to the Recent Half-Lifes and F.E.A.R.

Smasandian
I'm sorry but completly wrong.

First, Duke Nukem is not an ID Software game.
Second, Sierra is a publisher and not an developer, so they didnt make the games, just put them on the shelves.
Third, there is nothing wrong with run and gun gameplay(even though Doom 3, Return to Castle Wolf are not run and gun.

If I had to chose as the best FPS developer in the industry as of right now, I would pick Valve (can you tell), based on the fact that both HL's have been successful and labelled as the best games of all time (HL1 is the best game of all time).
ID has started the whole genre, and deserve alot of respect but lately, their games have been good but great.

Koala MeatPie
Jesus mother fvkcing christ can't you people lay off for oucne....

okay, sorry abotu Duke Nukem, Unlike every other person I didn'T play it today, yesterday, or in the last year or so. I always remebered the ID logo at start up, but no its 3D Realms RIGHT?

Sierra publishes games, YES, they are acociated with the people who makes the games YES, So I don't see the problem here. NEVER did I say they made them, BUT theya re published with its name.

And I did say "MOSTLY", beacsue i knew some people would hastly point out that the latter Wolf and DooM games are NOT run and gun.

BUT, Run and gun had its place at the begeing when things where comming out,a nd now with the new engins and power we have, we can add story elements and depth to the games. Even thought the latter Wolf and Doom games are NOT run and Gun, They still have there origins from them.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

How exactly does one lay off for "oucne"?

IS IT COMPREHENSIBLE.....

Mišt
I dont like run and gun games too much, good for lan parties and online, but meh for singleplayer...I prefer the realistic 'take your time or get your ass owned' games.

SaTsuJiN

Smasandian
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie

okay, sorry abotu Duke Nukem, Unlike every other person I didn'T play it today, yesterday, or in the last year or so. I always remebered the ID logo at start up, but no its 3D Realms RIGHT?

Sierra publishes games, YES, they are acociated with the people who makes the games YES, So I don't see the problem here. NEVER did I say they made them, BUT theya re published with its name.

And I did say "MOSTLY", beacsue i knew some people would hastly point out that the latter Wolf and DooM games are NOT run and gun.

BUT, Run and gun had its place at the begeing when things where comming out,a nd now with the new engins and power we have, we can add story elements and depth to the games. Even thought the latter Wolf and Doom games are NOT run and Gun, They still have there origins from them.

Oh, cry me a river.
You say something wrong, what do you expect?

Sats does have a point. Seirra generally publishes good FPS, but you cant compare a developing firm to an publisher. Sierra has no part in making the game, they just allocate funds for the game. ALso, Half Life 1 was publish by them, but not HL2.

TwisterGameX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.