Does Marvel have equivalents to their biblical counterparts from DC?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Does Marvel have any counterparts to DC's biblical characters? Lucifer? Archangel Michael? The Word? The Source? Yahweh?

When I say counterparts, I mean beings that can match them power.

TOAA = Presence
Source = Phoenix
Lucifer = ?
Archangel Michael = ?
The Word = ?
Great Beast = ?

Every time a thread opens up about one of these biblical characters, everyone automatically assumes their powers are above all...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a devout Catholic, but I was just wondering if Marvel had counterparts to DC's Biblical characters. Marvel had gone the way of cosmics, where to as DC went the Biblical way.

8bitChris
Marvel does have Angels and a Hell. See the Ghost Rider miniseries.

wolverine8888
ya becuase they have ba'al and ba'al is the devil brother so they most have the devil

roughrider
Mephisto would be Lucifer.

kevdude
The Spectre and the Living Tribunal should be around the same power level unless The Presence wants The Spectre more powerful.

DC has a lot of cosmics also, they are just not heard as much as the Marvel cosmics.

Laminator_X
Marvel has traditionally been far more circumspect in describing theologocal story elements. There definitely seem to be miraculous events from time to time. Iron-Man encountered an angel once, though he didn't get to see her as such. Firebird was spared death by poison that even felled Wonder Man, and perhaps more significantly was guided by visions to minister to Hank Pym as he contemplated suicide. Thor, Thanos, and the Living Tribunal have made oblique references to a power greater than their own.

In the Nether Realms, there are numerous devils and demons ruling a myriad array of hells, many of whom like to pass themselves off as "The Devil" to impress the mortals. None of them are Lucifer, nor have they even mentionned him.

You won't find many direct correspondances because Marvel meerly hints at the deeper mysteries.

The Ion
Originally posted by roughrider
Mephisto would be Lucifer.
Nah.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by The Ion
Nah.

Agreed. laughing out loud

The shortage of knowledgable DC readers on these forums can make debating ridiculous.

Scoobless
Marvel has a bunch of "Devil" characters.... Mephisto, Pluto, Hela... i'm sure there's one or two more that i can't remember right now

Adam Warlock
Marvel has many references to hell and demons. Satannish and his sons, Daimon Hellstrom(Ruler of a Particular Hell), Mephisto, Marduk Kurios, Seth, Etc... But not so many about heaven.

DarkCrawler
Archangel (the X-Man) might have connections to heaven in some way. When he tried to heal Nightcrawler, his blood burned him. And we all know that Nightcrawler is a son of a demon.

wolverine8888
arch angel is supose to be part angel so is joseph and other character

wolverine8888
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Archangel (the X-Man) might have connections to heaven in some way. When he tried to heal Nightcrawler, his blood burned him. And we all know that Nightcrawler is a son of a demon.
night crawkers dead is supose to be the devil or thought to be the devil

DarkCrawler
Thought to be Devil. He's the source of many myths, but not the Satan himself.

Adam Warlock
Reference about God from a Dr. Strange comic.

Originally posted by long pig
Strange time travels back to the birth of Earth with none other than God himself, or TOAA. Mordo went insane at the sight of God.
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6241/toaa2md.th.jpg
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5776/toaa20sn.th.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2603/toaa39ct.th.jpg

Props to longpig for the scans.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Thought to be Devil. He's the source of many myths, but not the Satan himself.

are u sure? ill go check my draco comics later to make sure

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by wolverine8888
are u sure? ill go check my draco comics later to make sure

I am pretty sure. I try to get the comics.

wolverine8888
either way f there is a ba'al in comics there must be a devil because ba'al is actauly supose to be the devils( aka satan) brother

eleveninches
the f4 met with some angels when they travelled to another dimention to bring ben grimm back to life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.