Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spencerspider
I am really sorry if this has been done but i searched dbz and it didnt show it soo lets see how do yall like it? i think its great except they should have shadow dragons and rildo. but my fav character in game is gotenks and ss2 gohan

JacopeX
The game is way more like the show and how they fight exactly.

DarkDethbringer
this has been done but under DragonBall Z sparking(s) or something but yeah it is a fun gam ei beat teh sttory mode in a fe days it was more liek teh show

Blue Dragon
Supreme Kai should have so been in this game, only downside. If there was no Supreme Kai, no Vegeto, no Ulimate Gohan, no warnings. He defends the East side of the universe! He was in 2 & 3, don't know about 1 (I haven't got) so why not 4?

HigH ScholaR
man they could have made the game four players and have a special maches (reimactions) like 3 players versus someone, like krillen, vegeta and gohan vs frieza

Delta 62
I love this game..and I never thought i'd be into DBZ again. It really makes me wish I hadn't sold my ps2..but there ARE a few minor things that could be added. Two or three more characters: Supreme Kai, and Super 13 for instance, and four player multi. All this could be solved if they ported it to Xbox..I sure know i'd buy it.

Blue Dragon
100% with you there on Supreme Kai! Kabito Kai should also be in it (also in three, must get that game.) Maybe they could have also included the other Kais that weren't shown for long in the show. I mean the North, South & West Supreme Kais. Would be nice! happy
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
man they could have made the game four players and have a special maches (reimactions) like 3 players versus someone, like krillen, vegeta and gohan vs frieza
Four player, you kidding? Be hard with the screen separated into four! Bad enough with two sections. I like one big screen. smile If it was like SSBM then so problem but it can't possibly be like that because it's 3D & not flat screen.

Three players on one? No, don't think so. You wouldn't be able to see what's going on! blink You'd probably be kicking Krillen in the head with Vegeta while Gohan does a Super Kamehamea on them both! It's madness!

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Three players on one? No, don't think so. You wouldn't be able to see what's going on! blink You'd probably be kicking Krillen in the head with Vegeta while Gohan does a Super Kamehamea on them both! It's madness!

heh.. in bid for power..(quake3 arena dragonball mod).. my two friends were on the ground, and they both charged up kamehamehas and launched them at me.. luckily I was prepared with a beam of my own..

unfortunately.. the powerstruggle was short lived.. after having pushed the beam toward them just a smidge, both of theirs came back full force and blew me out of the sky... was pretty hilarious

Ultimate Hulk43
I haven't played this game yet but I want to,especially since I'm a big DBZ fan.

Blue Dragon
You should really buy it, not flat screen, nicely done in 3D! yes You can choose to fly, you got finishing moves, super finishing moves, you can even hide (I once hid behind a tree & my friend couldn't find me! laughing ) I always beat him though, he hasn't got the game so not that good.

You lot should have been where I was last night; I was at a coffee shop where from 12 years old hang out (most are middle/late teenagers.) I thrashed everyone, only beat once!

Nearly lost twice, had very little health but I was using Gotenks; a character I don't use. Still won though; with a super finishing move! Mate was using Super 17 & was like "NOOOOO!" So hilarious! laughing

Plus someone was looking for me, he was like "I can't see her" then me & someone said at the same time "I'm/she's behind you."

Ultimate Hulk43
I'll get this game one day,I learned just about every thing about it a while before it came out.It just filled me up with glee when I found out about it.You also have battle damage in the game AND you can fight underwater,this truly is the best DBZ game yet.Any word on the second game yet?

HigH ScholaR
yep but i'm not just talking about the aplit cscreen but take into consideration if it went online and was available on the Handhelds THEN NO NEED FOR SPLIT SCREEN

Ultimate Hulk43
What I think really makes this game stand out as the greatest DBZ game is the fact that there are no in-game transformations so you can stay in whatever form you pick for the entire match.

Blue Dragon
That is cool, because when you went Super Saiyan or did a fusion, when hit to the ground you go back to normal. And fusions you got to press the right buttons so you got to get there. People did like the fusions though & were annoyed because they've been taken away.

Great move: Punch repeatively but press X at end of it, then go mad with punch, then hold down sqaure for final blow with big punch. When opponant fly, press X then hold down square to send them flying again.

If that doesn't explain enough, it's something like:
Square square square cross square square square, then hold down square for super punch (or kick). Then cross then hold down square when near them.

They go all freaked out when I do that always! cool

Ultimate Hulk43
How are the Oozaru's(Giant Apes)?

Blue Dragon
What do you mean 'how are the Oozaru's'? They are in the game if that's what you mean. erm

Pacey
Does anyone have video's of the oozaru in gameplay (still haven't got my copy of the game yet sad )

Ultimate Hulk43
What do you mean 'how are the Oozaru's'? They are in the game if that's what you mean. erm

I mean do they move slow and what are their moves.

Grinning Goku
I can't wait to play this game. Wish it was on the GC but some other time I guess.

Ultimate Hulk43
I don't think it's going to be released for the GC.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I mean do they move slow and what are their moves.
Oh I see. Yeah they're slow alright, super slow, but they are strong. I wouldn't use them though, I always say: I think speed & being weak is better than slowness & strengh. What's the point in being strong if you're not fast enough to hit? erm

Chioatzu is fast, use him. Oozaru's attacks are great though. Rock throw (what it means), explosive wave (only works if near oppontant) & super finishing move a mouth beam.

Also a advantage is if someone uses a speed attack (when they come at you at full speed to pummle you), since they are big, it doesn't work on them! smile Personally, I like Vegeta, Trunks (all kinds) & Adroid 18. wink

Ultimate Hulk43
I still think I'll play with an Oozaru but since they're slow it'll just be against another Oozaru.

Blue Dragon
There's 50 characters in total, including both Frieza & Buu in six forms, Cell in three & Vegeta in 8 (which includes Oozaru form)! shock How about that! Plus all of Frieza's goons & Cell Jr.

I wanted to list all characters but can't kind a list.

Ultimate Hulk43
Don't worry about it,I KNOW everyone who's in the game.

EvilCap America
There's 50 characters in total, including both Frieza & Buu in six forms, Cell in three & Vegeta in 8 (which includes Oozaru form)! shock How about that! Plus all of Frieza's goons & Cell Jr.

I wanted to list all characters but can't kind a list.

Yeah 50+ charcters to bad they are virtually mortal kombat style palette swaps and play exactly the same

Just go play Budokai 3 that game is 100X deeper and not just churned out rental fodder

Ultimate Hulk43
Budokai 3 IS NOT better than this.Did Budokai 3 have Battle Damage?No.Did Budokai 3 have free flight?No.Did Budokai 3 have it where you can fight higher in the air underwater?No.Did Budokai 3 have it where it looked like you had shit in your pants when you walked?Yes.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Don't worry about it,I KNOW everyone who's in the game.
I wasn't just telling you, I'm telling everyone. I hope you're not having a go because it looks like you are; you posted in CAPS LOCK a little.
Originally posted by EvilCap America
Yeah 50+ charcters to bad they are virtually mortal kombat style palette swaps and play exactly the same

Just go play Budokai 3 that game is 100X deeper and not just churned out rental fodder
I have to get that game; looks great & played it before. Tried to buy it few months back. Took it to the counter & they didn't have to game. Got it now though (after all this time.) Didn't have the money to buy it though... mad

They should've still kept the choice of outfits. But what's the difference between Vegeta (scouter) & Vegeta? Nothing or does he have different attacks?

DarkDethbringer
nope same atatcks but he doesn't have SSJ

Ultimate Hulk43
I wasn't just telling you, I'm telling everyone. I hope you're not having a go because it looks like you are; you posted in CAPS LOCK a little.

I wasn't mad,I use caps lock a lot.

Blue Dragon
Fair enough, just don't have an whole post in caps lock; people will get annoyed.

Ultimate Hulk43
Alright.

In your opinion,who do you think is the best character in the game.

Blue Dragon
Gogeta, being I think the most powerful since it's Vegeta & Goku fused & Super Saiyan 4. yes I don't use him much though, I like to use Trunks (mostly older, without sword), Vegeta & 18. I 'would' use Supreme Kai & Kabito Kai but noooo, they didn't include them! sad mad

They should've included them along with other characters such as Pan (I mean she is a quarter Saiyan), Teen Goten, Bulla & Super Buu with Piccolo.

Plus yesterday I was told that something Jeice says made someone laugh. I battled him in dueling & it's true, he swears! I was quite shocked (not that I'm bothered but I thought not in a 12 rated game, maybe a 15.)

Ultimate Hulk43
I think Vegito is stronger than SSJ4 Gogeta.

DenKi
Vegetto could only goto SSJ2 and Gogeta to could to SSJ4 so Gogeta is way more powerful than a SSJ2 Vegetto.

maybe a SSJ3 Vegetto could beat a SSJ4 Gogeta

Ultimate Hulk43
The Potara Earrings perform a better fusion that the dance so Vegito is more powerful than Gogeta,forms mean nothing.

Blue Dragon
I thought Vegeto could only go Super Saiyan, you can't play as Super Saiyan 2 Vegeto in this game. The Potara Earrings make a stronger fusion than normal fusion (said by the Elder Supreme Kai himself.)

Still I doubt very much that Super Saiyan Vegeto is stronger than Gogeta at level 4. When they go to the next stage they become very different they did before so I think Vegeto can't stand a chance.

Try it out in the game. Use either character & use finishing moves (& super) then swap characters & look at the number that's been given for damage. Which thousand is higher. smile I'm gonna try that myself!

Ultimate Hulk43
Uh,Vegito isn't Super Saiyan,I believe he's already a Super Saiyan 2.

Arahan
The Budokai games werent really that good. After a while it really bored me. In general DBZ sucks. The only good thing about the games that they have my favorite charas: Yamcha and Tien.

They should make Dragonall Game without Z or GT just the classic.

PS: Sayans sucks

SaTsuJiN
so how do you rotate the camera so you can look where you're flying?.. played at my nephews house today and flying at the camera was a bit inconvenient

spencerspider
There are like 56 characters I think.. I don't know, all I know is I have all of them. Anyway I use Gohan ss2 (teen) anyway um gogeta is much stronger than Vegito, ss4 vs ss2.. hmm I ownder. lol no contest.
I wish they had kept costume changes like in Budokai 3 and added some more.
I also wish that these characters were in the game
Shadow Dragons
Pan
Uub
Supreme Kai
Kibito
Kibito Kai
Tiencha ( He was funny in Budokai 2)
General Rildo
Teen Goten
Teen Trunks (GT, I mean hell, they made Vegeta with scouter a whole nother character)
If they do like that, add maybe Metal Cooler to, Lord Slug, people like that, it would be awesome even more. The perfect DBZ game

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Arahan
The Budokai games werent really that good. After a while it really bored me. In general DBZ sucks. The only good thing about the games that they have my favorite charas: Yamcha and Tien.

They should make Dragonall Game without Z or GT just the classic.

PS: Sayans sucks

No,you suck.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by spencerspider
There are like 56 characters I think.. I don't know, all I know is I have all of them. Anyway I use Gohan ss2 (teen) anyway um gogeta is much stronger than Vegito, ss4 vs ss2.. hmm I ownder. lol no contest.
I wish they had kept costume changes like in Budokai 3 and added some more.
I also wish that these characters were in the game
Shadow Dragons
Pan
Uub
Supreme Kai
Kibito
Kibito Kai
Tiencha ( He was funny in Budokai 2)
General Rildo
Teen Goten
Teen Trunks (GT, I mean hell, they made Vegeta with scouter a whole nother character)
If they do like that, add maybe Metal Cooler to, Lord Slug, people like that, it would be awesome even more. The perfect DBZ game
No, 50. I think I have all of them, but missing one fusion item so maybe I'm missing one. No idea who this character could be...hope it's Supreme Kai! He's my favourite character!

Those characters above are totally a good idea! yes I mean Pan is 1/4 Saiyan & Bulla is 1/2 so they should've included her too! Annoyed because she never went Super Saiyan in the show...

I have discovered that Vegito (in Super Saiyan form but don't know about normal) is just as strong as Gogeta at Super Saiyan 4! I can't remember exactly so I'll just say that one of them has strong Finishing Moves but weaker Super FM while other has weaker FM's but weaker SFM's.

But Finishing Moves require less Ki & there's two of them moves & only one SFM so I think whoever has stronger Finishing Moves is better.

They should've had included those character's above, they are main characters & this game has some characters that were only seen once then died (like Jeice or Burter.)

Ultimate Hulk43
Any word on a sequel?

DBZ MAN
Theres been word on a sequal for the PS3!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games
altough It might be false, doubt it though, there churing the new games like no bodies buisness.
They already have shin budokai on psp coming out www.secretsaiyan.com

Blue Dragon
There's going to be a Budokai Tenkaichi 2!? Ooooh cool! This game only is fantastic but a number two on the way sounds good.

Sparkz
SSJ4 Gogeta is strongest if you level the aatacks of ssj vegito and SSjg4 gogeta and look at the damage ssj4 is huge. I mainly use SSj3 Goku i can recreate instant transmission kamehameha, and super explosion wave is ossum.

Blue Dragon
I don't like to use SSJ3 Goku, instant transmission I find quite useless. At times it can be a huge advantage but it's just teleport. What is his other 'Favourite Move'? Is it full power?

I use Trunks alot (without sword, I find he's not as good with sword) mainly because Trunks is one of my favourite characters but also he's pretty good.

JToTheP
No, 50. I think I have all of them, but missing one fusion item so maybe I'm missing one. No idea who this character could be...hope it's Supreme Kai! He's my favourite character!

Those characters above are totally a good idea! yes I mean Pan is 1/4 Saiyan & Bulla is 1/2 so they should've included her too! Annoyed because she never went Super Saiyan in the show...

I have discovered that Vegito (in Super Saiyan form but don't know about normal) is just as strong as Gogeta at Super Saiyan 4! I can't remember exactly so I'll just say that one of them has strong Finishing Moves but weaker Super FM while other has weaker FM's but weaker SFM's.

I thought Pan went Super Saiyan in GT?

It's impossible for Vegito to be stronger than Gogeta. Yes, beyond the fact Gogeta is pure filler. When Vegito became Super Vegito he was a Super Saiyan 2, as clique as Super Saiyan 4 was, it was clearly the strongest form obviously.

Sparkz
I don't like to use SSJ3 Goku, instant transmission I find quite useless. At times it can be a huge advantage but it's just teleport. What is his other 'Favourite Move'? Is it full power?

I use Trunks alot (without sword, I find he's not as good with sword) mainly because Trunks is one of my favourite characters but also he's pretty good.

I find it very useful to dodge out of combo occaionaly if timed right and mainly to just get into a combo faster, and full power is very useful for a quick kill.

DBZ MAN
I find the explosion technique SSJ 3 Goku is pretty immpressive, he is by no means a bad character but its how you use them. BT has alot of stratergy with any character.

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by Sparkz
I find it very useful to dodge out of combo occaionaly if timed right and mainly to just get into a combo faster, and full power is very useful for a quick kill.
Yes it's good for that but I just think it's a bit of a waste, using power just to teleport. I like Captain Ginyu, he can go full power with only one energy ball. Then, take a body, hehe!

Sparkz
Yes it's good for that but I just think it's a bit of a waste, using power just to teleport. I like Captain Ginyu, he can go full power with only one energy ball. Then, take a body, hehe!

Maybe but I still like him mainly cause iv masterd his moves, cpatain ginyu i find a waste lol wahts the point of choosing a character just so you can steal the oppositions may as well take the same.

Blue Dragon
I did also think of that, I suppose it's for people who aren't that good or are good but against a good opponant...hmmm.

Anyone had a favourite part of the game? I had one, playing against a mate, I used Gotenks, he used Super 17. Never used Gotenks but I just thought what the heck, you know. Battling & both our health low, he uses his Finishing Move on me, his gun move & I thought that was it.

Had the tinyest health you ever saw, I was still alive! eek! So I used my Super Finishing Move on him, Super Buu Buu Volleyball & he was like "NOOOO!" It was great!

ssj4goku
hey i have the game beat at one hundred percent and supreme kai is in the game you have to fuse two earrings to get him though and that was tough

Blue Dragon
Really? Hmmm, I am missing one fusion time, I think just one. It's got to be so rare though!

DBZ MAN
Originally posted by ssj4goku
hey i have the game beat at one hundred percent and supreme kai is in the game you have to fuse two earrings to get him though and that was tough

What is the fusion? Cos otherwise I don't believe you.

Blue Dragon
That's what I was thinking as well because no one has mentioned Supreme Kai being in the game but maybe that's just because no one's got the missing fusion item yet. I haven't seen it in the list of characters though either on the interent so he's probably not in the game.

If you have a digital camera, take a picture of your game (when on) with Kai on screen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.