Desperately looking for a title...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SignSeeker
I've been trying to find out what this movie is since I saw it, in the early '80s (I think) on TV. I was very young then, so parts are murky. I am desperate to find out the title of this, as it's driving me nuts....

It starts with a young girl is walking down train tracks, explaining what happened to her older sister whom is now "in the boneyard." I don't remember who she's talking too. She is in a dead, dusty little town somewhere in America. Her third person narration leads into the first person story...

They live in a house with their mother (and father??). The mother lets rooms to passing guests, so I guess it's kind of a B&B thing.

Man comes through, stays as guest and and older sister hooks up with him. Mother walks into guests room to find her in bed with him. Sister is looking for a ticket out of town, so I think this was a regular occurrence.

Sister gets man (same man?) totally drunk one night (don't know if she was drinking too) and they get married on the spot. In the morning, when he's still passed out, she "rolls" him, taking all the money out of his pockets and skipping town without him.

This part is all murky... She's living in a big city. He's looking for her. I think he sees her on the street at one point. Maybe he does? I don't remember what happened or how she died....

I don't remember how it ends, though it might come back to the young girl who is "telling" the story, balancing on the tracks.

This is killing me! It's probably some crap made for TV film (or not), but I've been wondering for years. If anyone has ANY idea, please clue me in!

Thanks!

~SignSeeker~

Kaycee
It sounds like the movie This Property is Condemned with Robert Redford and Natalie Wood

beautiful_girl
huh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.