Current Gladiator vs Current Supes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fishy 500
Anyone read the latest Captain Universe issue's ? Gladiator seems to have had a power down !!!!!!! sad

Knocked over by the Thing, what ever happened to surviving 'Solar System destroying blasts'?

Not fast enough to catch a tidal wave ? I thought he was 100 x faster than the speed of light ?

smile

Juntai
Superman.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Fishy 500
Anyone read the latest Captain Universe issue's ? Gladiator seems to have had a power down !!!!!!! sad

Knocked over by the Thing, what ever happened to surviving 'Solar System destroying blasts'?

Not fast enough to catch a tidal wave ? I thought he was 100 x faster than the speed of light ?

smile

I didn't know they did that.
Wow!
That's totally insane, and definitely depowering someone like Gladiator to where he can be knocked over by the THING (of ALL characters), and cannot even move fast enough to keep up with a tidal wave (meaning that he is not even faster than the speed of sound since tsunamis travel at below mach 1 speed in deep water, and slow down greatly as the water becomes shallower).

This whole depowering thing is too much (which is why I was actually happy when I got a hold of All Star Superman).
As for Gladiator ....it is one thing to take away some of the more obscene powers (eg the deity level abilities) .....but making him into a character that finds the Thing as a challenge!!!!!!!
That's plain wrong!

long pig
Superman would have problems with anyone who is more powerful than a common street thug.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by long pig
Superman would have problems with anyone who is more powerful than a common street thug.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile

long pig
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile
I don't write the comics. Don't shoot the messenger.

evil face

Lucid Lui
I haven't got my hands on it yet. Probably tomorrow. I heard he had a pretty good showing against Uni-Powered Invisible Woman though. As for the rest, well, that's just how it goes for Glads these days. He seems to be getting weaker and weaker. Which isn't a bad thing as long as they don't take it to far.

olympian
It was in the same book where he did great against Uni power IW?

Weird.

Porsche
Old gladiator would win but this new one.. ghetto trash

Fishy 500
Originally posted by olympian
It was in the same book where he did great against Uni power IW?

Weird.

Well you know what they say about actual feats over battle feats.

Although i wouldn't want to remind you that it was a significantly De powered Uni power ! Great strength feat tho !!!!!!!!! Him and IW create a huge tidal wave with about two punches ! Nothing Current Supes isn't capable of, tho ! wink

smile

olympian
I didnt saw it yet but i heard he did great.

What i find weird is the writer giving him what seems to be a low showing after a good one?

Ill get a better impression of it after actually reading it.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by olympian
I didnt saw it yet but i heard he did great.

What i find weird is the writer giving him what seems to be a low showing after a good one?

Ill get a better impression of it after actually reading it.

Very good ending to what has otherwise been a rather disappointing mini ! I bought all the issues today, but the first three don't even come close. The SS's appearance maybe good tho ! Gladiator does look impressive but he is beaten quite badly by the uni power, and he requires it extra speed to catch up with a tidal wave ! Thing does floor him as well ! Although you could argue that Aquaman (A Thing level character) can floor Superman !

Lucid Lui
Has the Silver Surfer issue come out yet, or is that this week..?

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Has the Silver Surfer issue come out yet, or is that this week..?

This week smile

Lucid Lui
Hopefully Glads has a good showing in that issue, though it doesn't look like it from the previews...

gladiator69
gladiator of course would kick supermans butt

Wild Cowboy
CURRENT !!! ............... lol, someone just posted the scans ii some other forum, it was WHACK !!!!

Kallark cant race a tide wave !!!!!!

LOL, KalEl wins !!!

snoopdogg
Maybe he lost his confidence.

Wild Cowboy
WHats on tat sig of yours, pig >>??

long pig
That's Orion's ugly mug.

Wild Cowboy
eeww

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Wild Cowboy
CURRENT !!! ............... lol, someone just posted the scans ii some other forum, it was WHACK !!!!

Kallark cant race a tide wave !!!!!!

LOL, KalEl wins !!! Think you could post a link to the other forum? I've been looking for scans... smile

kgkg
Thing never did anything to Gladiator (punched him while not looking) ----ohh thing has done this to almost anypower he has battled.

Gladiator did pretty good agaisn't Uni-Power.

Him needing the Uni-Power and taking him 2 mins it's just stupid........ Bad speed.

Wild Cowboy
Think you could post a link to the other forum? I've been looking for scans... smile

Sorry, someone erased the scan, it was on a french board er somethin !!

Lucid Lui
Ahh well, just have to wait till i get the issue.

Anyway, by the sounds of Glads potrayal in the issue he would not be able to beat current Supes.

kgkg
u people want scan?

Lucid Lui
Hell yes big grin

kgkg
k give me a min

Wild Cowboy
asdasdasd

kgkg
Sue has Uni

kgkg
Glad goes flying out

kgkg
comes back..... gets punched (notice he wasn't ready for it) suprise attack.

kgkg
punch doesn't do much

kgkg
Glad comes for Thing

kgkg
notice thing is on the floor stick out tongue

kgkg
fire boi tries to help ....... it has no effect on Glad.

kgkg
Sue tells them to stop and tells Gladiator to come get her.......... cool

kgkg
big grin

kgkg
POW

kgkg
this is pretty much it.

after that the fighting stops Sue has the upper hand.

Lucid Lui
Thanks... can't wait to get the issue.

They seem pretty even to me. IW and Glads that is... (from those scans anyway)

kgkg
Thanks... can't wait to get the issue.

They seem pretty even to me. IW and Glads that is... (from those scans anyway)
that's pretty much the whole book lol

King KAM
Current Supe will crush Gladiator, Gladiator is a effin PISS ANT!!!!!!!! and extremley overrated, and superman will forever be plagued with doubters, because he is the champ, but no matter how much u are on marvels nuts, i hate to tell you that the man of steel aint losing his belt anytime soon, and definatley not to a blue-man group reject.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by King KAM
and definatley not to a blue-man group reject. Did they reject him cause his skin is actually purple?

King KAM
Did they reject him cause his skin is actually purple?
nah....he refused to cut the mo-hawk.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by kgkg
that's pretty much the whole book lol

hmmmmm shifty I wonder what happened to the page where he says he needs the uni power to catch up with a Tidal wave ..... good un biased debating KGKG ! shifty

kgkg
hmmmmm shifty I wonder what happened to the page where he says he needs the uni power to catch up with a Tidal wave ..... good un biased debating KGKG ! shifty damn embarrasment

i stated that to be true in the first page sad

am not gonna put the scan of that part evil face

Fishy 500
damn embarrasment

am not gonna put the scan of that part evil face

hmmmm What does it say under you Sig ..... shifty

kgkg
hmmmm What does it say under you Sig ..... shifty fan big grin

leonidas
laughing

olympian
"am not gonna put the scan of that part "

miffed

brainchild81
Originally posted by King KAM
Current Supe will crush Gladiator, Gladiator is a effin PISS ANT!!!!!!!! and extremley overrated, and superman will forever be plagued with doubters, because he is the champ, but no matter how much u are on marvels nuts, i hate to tell you that the man of steel aint losing his belt anytime soon, and definatley not to a blue-man group reject. But Surfer kicks Superman's a$$ 7 days a week though. How can Superman be champ? embarrasment

id369
So from the posted picks Uni Sue>>>The Think + Gladiator + Superman. cool

Wild Cowboy
NO !!!

Fishy 500
Originally posted by brainchild81
But Surfer kicks Superman's a$$ 7 days a week though. How can Superman be champ? embarrasment

Ummm Ok ? confused Silly thing to say IMO !

Lucid Lui
Well i read the issue and overall it was a good Gladiator issue beside that one PIS moment. The CU Surfer issue was pretty good aswell.

gladiator69
gladiator of course would knock out super. besides galactus gladiator is one of the most powerful guys out there and he is in a way actually.

Tony Stark
comes back..... gets punched (notice he wasn't ready for it) suprise attack.

confused

Gladiator is looking right at and also talking to Ben... How is this a surprise attack by Ben?

confused

Ben has knocked most all of the big timers on there ass at some time or another (THANOS, THOR, Herc, SS, HULK, Destroyer, Dragon man...Etc... The list is endless.

Adding Gladiator to the list is just another one, nothing new for Ben.

HELLO... people mid CL100.

He will leave a mark... confused

brainchild81
Ummm Ok ? confused Silly thing to say IMO ! Yes. It was silly for him to call Superman the champ when there are others(like Silver Surfer) out there who would absolutely crush him 10/10 smile

snoopdogg
damn embarrasment

am not gonna put the scan of that part evil face Don't worry about it kg. I got it.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Gladiatorneedinhelp.jpg

Fishy 500
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Gladiator is looking right at and also talking to Ben... How is this a surprise attack by Ben?

confused

Ben has knocked most all of the big timers on there ass at some time or another (THANOS, THOR, Herc, SS, HULK, Destroyer, Dragon man...Etc... The list is endless.

Adding Gladiator to the list is just another one, nothing new for Ben.

HELLO... people mid CL100.

He will leave a mark... confused

Although i usually find you tiresome and repetiative and generally pretentious, I think you may have a point. He has very few lifting feats, but his battle record is exemplary smile

Fishy 500
Originally posted by brainchild81
Yes. It was silly for him to call Superman the champ when there are others(like Silver Surfer) out there who would absolutely crush him 10/10 smile

yeh .... confused thanks for that ! confused

snoopdogg
Well so much for the 100x speed of light theory..............

Tony Stark
Although i usually find you tiresome and repetiative and generally pretentious, I think you may have a point. He has very few lifting feats, but his battle record is exemplary smile

confused

Thanks...?

confused

cool

Ummm... You forgot almost always correct.

wink

Lucid Lui
Y'know what's extremely stupid about him not being able to catch the tidal wave?

In the beginning of the comic we see him fly from further than the moon away, to the baxter building in the space of a few spoken sentences...

My theory is: He's just been on the losing side of a fight so he's not feeling 100%. Also you'll notice when Reed's telling them about the tidal wave Glads sais "I don't think i...". Therefore he didn't have the confidence to do it, so he couldn't...

That's right, i played the confidence card. evil face But really it's just a PIS moment to give a reason for the uni-power to bond with Glads. Which is fine cause Uni powered Glads looks pretty damn cool IMO.

brainchild81
yeh .... confused thanks for that ! confused You're welcome. Don't mention it. smile

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well so much for the 100x speed of light theory.............. What does that prove?

If i show you a scan of Superman getting punch by a slow villain can I make an assumption that Supes doesn't have speed?

snoopdogg
What does that prove?

If i show you a scan of Superman getting punch by a slow villain can I make an assumption that Supes doesn't have speed? It don't prove anything I just posted it to show Glads speed which is not 100x light.

kgkg
It don't prove anything I just posted it to show Glads speed which is not 100x light.
hmmmm

you said
"Well so much for the 100x speed of light theory.............."

Who said Gladiator goes at that speed all the time confused

He has shown that type of speed, and travels Galactic distances in minutes doesn't mean he is always going or fighting at lightspeed.

Speedsters with other powers usually don't use much speed in battle.

snoopdogg

Speedsters with other powers usually don't use much speed in battle. Superman does all the time.

kgkg
Superman does all the time.
wanna bet?

snoopdogg
wanna bet? laughing

Anyways can you show another pic of him going 100x light witout the help of a galaxy destroying attack?

Lucid Lui
Superman does all the time. You seem have a double standard. Supes has, many, many times been hit by opponents that have no business hitting him. So has every speedster out there. But do you doubt Supes speed when that happens? No.

snoopdogg
You seem have a double standard. Supes has, many, many times been hit by opponents that have no business hitting him. So has every speedster out there. But do you doubt Supes speed when that happens? No. Nobody says Superman flies 100x light either now do they.

Lucid Lui
Nobody says Superman flies 100x light either now do they. No (well some misguided people might). And you're right, it shouldn't always be said that Glads will speedblitz anyone at that speed. Cause he's only done it once. But he does have other speed feats and is easily as fast as Supes, if not faster.

Juntai
No (well some misguided people might). And you're right, it shouldn't always be said that Glads will speedblitz anyone at that speed. Cause he's only done it once. But he does have other speed feats and is easily as fast as Supes, if not faster. Of course Gladiator can't do that. I've already mentioned that since it's a random one time feat, it's no different than "sundip" power-up moments. Showing to showing, Supes is a league above Gladiator.

Other speed feats faster than Supes huh? Let's see them.
Superman on multiple occasions has flown to the sun and back far faster than light could, he did it while fighting Darkseid, in one panel, in mid sentence. From the ground on Earth to touching the surface of the sun. And against Wonder Woman, on the ground, to the sun, and back to earth, and fight for another nearly dozen pages before Max Lord said it took "1 minute 54 seconds from start to finish". That's like 10x lightspeed at least.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Juntai
Of course Gladiator can't do that. I've already mentioned that since it's a random one time feat, it's no different than "sundip" power-up moments. Showing to showing, Supes is a league above Gladiator.

Other speed feats faster than Supes huh? Let's see them.
Superman on multiple occasions has flown to the sun and back far faster than light could, he did it while fighting Darkseid, in one panel, in mid sentence. From the ground on Earth to touching the surface of the sun. And against Wonder Woman, on the ground, to the sun, and back to earth, and fight for another nearly dozen pages before Max Lord said it took "1 minute 54 seconds from start to finish". That's like 10x lightspeed at least. Damn...uhh well, umm..hmm...Ahh, yeah....

WELL GLADIATOR CAN GO 100X THE SPEED OF LIGHT!!!

*runs away*

stick out tongue

But seriously, those do sound hard to top actually. Glads has heard a siren from many lightyears away and gotten back very damn quickly (don't know exact times or distances on that one though). He's moved, under his own power, at a speed that made everything else seem like it wasn't moving at all. Flying from further than the moon to the baxter building in a few spoken sentences time.

That's all i got for now. But i'll be back. smile

Juntai
Damn...uhh well, umm..hmm...Ahh, yeah....
But seriously, those do sound hard to top actually. Glads has heard a siren from many lightyears away and gotten back very damn quickly (don't know exact times or distances on that one though). He's moved, under his own power, at a speed that made everything else seem like it wasn't moving at all. Yeah, time slowing from super-speed is nothing though. Superman does it too.

Juntai
From Earth to Saturn, and chopping a moon in half "within 4 minutes..."

Juntai
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/avalonofthewind/ww3.jpg
A scan of Max Lord declaring how long the fight between WW and Superman took so far. Noting that it went to the sun and back in a page or two and then nearly another dozen pages on land.
"1 minute 54 seconds from start to finish."

Lucid Lui
Yes, i do believe you've put me in my place. I still maintain that Supes and Glads are on the sam level speed wise though.

Juntai
Yes, i do believe you've put me in my place. I still maintain that Supes and Glads are on the sam level speed wise though. That's cool. That's your opinion...It's just that a lot of people don't understand how powerful current Superman is. My thing is....He has like a dozen awesome feats in the last 6 months, let alone that people always try to bring in the same high end Gladiator feats, that he does once every other decade. To me, those are one shot "sun dip" moments, and showing to showing, Superman is faster and stronger and a much craftier fighter. That's my opinion.

soleran30
That's cool. That's your opinion...It's just that a lot of people don't understand how powerful current Superman is. My thing is....He has like a dozen awesome feats in the last 6 months, let alone that people always try to bring in the same high end Gladiator feats, that he does once every other decade. To me, those are one shot "sun dip" moments, and showing to showing, Superman is faster and stronger and a much craftier fighter. That's my opinion.

Superman is THE dominant character in DC.......he has more feats just due to that alone........Gladiator is just a side character that does cameo's. Besides Superman's power level changes with the tidessmile

brainchild81
That's cool. That's your opinion...It's just that a lot of people don't understand how powerful current Superman is. My thing is....He has like a dozen awesome feats in the last 6 months, let alone that people always try to bring in the same high end Gladiator feats, that he does once every other decade. To me, those are one shot "sun dip" moments, and showing to showing, Superman is faster and stronger and a much craftier fighter. That's my opinion. But Sundipped is enhanced. Was Glads being boosted by somthing?

Lucid Lui
That's cool. That's your opinion...It's just that a lot of people don't understand how powerful current Superman is. My thing is....He has like a dozen awesome feats in the last 6 months, let alone that people always try to bring in the same high end Gladiator feats, that he does once every other decade. To me, those are one shot "sun dip" moments, and showing to showing, Superman is faster and stronger and a much craftier fighter. That's my opinion. Yeah, cause i don't read any Superman titles i've been ignorant to just how powerful he is recently. But seeing the scans popping up the last couple of weeks it's obvious he's a lot stronger that i was giving him credit for. My official opinion on Gladiator vs. Superman is that they'd both beat each other 5/10 fights. (for now at least)

snoopdogg
How about this one?

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
Superman is THE dominant character in DC.......he has more feats just due to that alone........Gladiator is just a side character that does cameo's. Besides Superman's power level changes with the tidessmile Actually, Batman is the dominant character, no one makes more appearances or has more titles, or related titles.

brainchild81
Still. One must expect Supes to have more feats because he's had waaaaaaaaay more appearances

Juntai
Superman doing zome DBZ-esque stuff to Mongol, a conqueror of galaxies.

Juntai
More of the same.

Lucid Lui
Just wondering, how come Supes logo is black there?

Juntai
Just wondering, how come Supes logo is black there? That was his suit like 3 years ago.

snoopdogg
Here Superman vibrates his body invisible and a ALIEN coulnt not even sense his presence................

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Supermangoininvisible.jpg

Juntai
edit.

Juntai
Planet-covering heat vision.

snoopdogg
This speed feat is cool.

Juntai
This speed feat is cool. Not very impressive, really, but very classic.

snoopdogg
Not very impressive, really, but very classic. I hope you are joking. He flew to get the bottle of wine and came back before Louis opened the door and finished her sentence.

Not bad imo.

Juntai
I hope you are joking. He flew to get the bottle of wine and came back before Louis opened the door and finished her sentence.

Not bad imo. Well, not as impressive as some of the others.. big grin

Wild Cowboy
I wonder what he could do in bed ??? No gayness intended, unless long pig........... he... umm.... is QUEER !!!

King KAM
I wonder what he could do in bed ??? No gayness intended, unless long pig........... he... umm.... is QUEER !!!
Dude, the dont call him BIG blue for nothin....

Wild Cowboy
His **** is blue ??

King KAM
His **** is blue ??
Doubt it, just prolly the size of an effin Babies Arm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.