Winter!!! I fecking hate it!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
Winter!!!
Am I the only one who fecking hates it. Without wanting to sound depressed eek!

You wake up its dark.
You drive to work its dark.
You drive home its dark.

Its cold.
Its grey.
It rains.
Colds, Coughs and worse

It makes me S.A.D.

People what do you think of winter.....
Do I hate winter just because I live in a city which becomes grey in winter, on an artic island warmed only by the Gulf stream that goes grey in winter.

I think people become grey in winter.

Roll on Summer....

thoughts.

debbiejo
I LOVE IT!!!

Love the snow....love all he seasons...

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by debbiejo
I LOVE IT!!!

Love the snow....

Yep me too. I used to despise it but now I love winter and pretty much dont like summer. GO figure.

Darth Macabre
LoL I love it also.

Summer is the season i cant stand for some reason.

Fire
depends on wether there is snow or not

TwisterGameX
People only liked summer because there was no school. Well I like Spring(summer and winter mixed up but not to hot) Fall is nex(winter and summer mixed)

Darth Macabre
Yeah Fall is a good season. I like the cold thats why.

botankus
I LOVE IT!!!

Love the snow....love all he seasons...

I love it, too, unless I have to sit in the 8-mile long traffic jam we get in this part of the country when it snows half an inch.

debbiejo
I heard that!.....People don't know how to drive in snow........Though by Feb....I'm waiting for it to be over....

You probably don't get much snow down there in NC HUh?

botankus
Debs, I just want you to read this article, and I will understand if you fall out of your chair from laughing so hard.

debbiejo
laughing out loud an INCH of snow stranded 3000 in class rooms....LOL....AN INCH!!!!!

hysterical

Good article.....oh, what a sad world....we get tons of snow...anything hardly ever closes down....and people wish things would shut down...LOL

botankus
anything hardly ever closes down....and people wish things would shut down...LOL laughing out loud I consider myself lucky, then!

I heard we may be getting some flurries pretty soon. I'm heading straight to Wal-Mart for "D" batteries, Milk, Bread, and Slim Jims!

debbiejo
Nothing closes here unless we have so much snow that people have to shovel their roofs....THEN IT'S A FREE DAY FOR ALL!!!...Close the whole city down.......

Slim Jims.. blink

DaCanadianMoose
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Winter!!!

You wake up its dark.
You drive home its dark.

Its cold.
Its grey.
It rains.
Colds, Coughs and worse

It makes me S.A.D.

Do I hate winter just because I live in a city which becomes grey in winter, on an artic island warmed only by the Gulf stream that goes grey in winter.

Roll on Summer....

thoughts.

Honestly, I love winter.

I agree, it's a little depressing when it's dark so early, but on the whole, I can't get enough of winter. When it's snowing and the wind is howling outside, and I'm inside, warm, by a fireplace, there is nothing better. smile

botankus
Nothing closes here unless we have so much snow that people have to shovel their roofs....THEN IT'S A FREE DAY FOR ALL!!!...Close the whole city down.......

Slim Jims.. blink

Wow, that's a lot to shut the city down. smile That would happen like once every 1,000 years down here.

I know you Michiganians are used to your Grizzly Bear Beef Jerky...or your Jerky made out of the creatures in my sig, per say.

DaCanadianMoose

Slim Jims.. blink

Same here. I used to live in Sault Ste Marie, the Canadian side, and it was so brutal there in the winter, but things NEVER closed. Then I moved down in southern Ontario, and if we got 2 inches, people panicked and things shut down!

DaCanadianMoose
Something like this:

debbiejo
Well in the Thumb Area...we do get a lot of snow, but things usually close down because of ice storms kinda thing...brings lines down and such....

And yes we do eat all kinds of jerky....but the most popular is still beef...We're not too strange...just more to choose from.....Hey, lot's of deer jerky....Man that stuffs mmmmmmmm good! eat

debbiejo
Originally posted by DaCanadianMoose
Something like this:

When I lived in southeren Ohio....our snowmen were about maybe 2 feet high..... sad ...I couldn't handle it man........ laughing out loud

DaCanadianMoose
When I lived in southeren Ohio....our snowmen were about maybe 2 feet high..... sad ...I couldn't handle it man........ laughing out loud

*sigh* You actually HAD snowmen? I haven't made one in years...the snow never lasts.

debbiejo
Where I live now...we make snow families, and snow furniture, and forts, and whole villages....It's cool!

Ever seen the Calvin and Hobbs snow people....Jumpy..I wish I could make em like that.

DaCanadianMoose
Where I live now...we make snow families, and snow furniture, and forts, and whole villages....It's cool!

Ever seen the Calvin and Hobbs snow people....Jumpy..I wish I could make em like that.

That's awesome. I remember being able to do that in the Soo.

Calvin and Hobbs snow people! No, laughing out loud never seen that.

debbiejo
That's awesome. I remember being able to do that in the Soo.

Calvin and Hobbs snow people! No, laughing out loud never seen that.

Calvin and Hobbs....cool stuff!..Only wish I could make snowmen like that...LOL....Can only do a few of those....hahahahaha

Did you see the "snowmen Prophets of doom?"
http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

DaCanadianMoose
Calvin and Hobbs....cool stuff!..Only wish I could make snowmen like that...LOL

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

laughing Those are awesome! I want to make the snow sharks one. laughing out loud

crispycream
where i live the winters are soooo horrible and cold. it rains nearly all the time and u can't really go outside cos of the biting wind and harsh rain pelting you in the face, so most of the times i'm indoors. But then i also kinda like the fact that i can stay in my warm bed with my electric blancket on and read and have hot drinks and stuff..but then it sucks when u get a cold. But yeah i probably much rather summer but then, the horrible flies..oh i don't know confused

DaCanadianMoose
Originally posted by crispycream
where i live the winters are soooo horrible and cold. it rains nearly all the time and u can't really go outside cos of the biting wind and harsh rain pelting you in the face, so most of the times i'm indoors. But then i also kinda like the fact that i can stay in my warm bed with my electric blancket on and read and have hot drinks and stuff..but then it sucks when u get a cold. But yeah i probably much rather summer but then, the horrible flies..oh i don't know confused

laughing out loud Very decisive. Glad you have such definitive views on it. wink

I hear you though...I like summer because you don't have to put all those clothes on, but other than that I HATE it.

botankus
So where do Canadian Moose go in the summer?

DaCanadianMoose
Originally posted by botankus
So where do Canadian Moose go in the summer?

Florida.

What the hell is that in your signature? confused

debbiejo
Florida.

What the hell is that in your signature? confused Botankus is just very creative with his view on animal life... big grin ..Should of seen the last one.

DaCanadianMoose
Botankus is just very creative with his view on animal life... big grin ..Should of seen the last one.

This may seem a tad narcissistic, but that looks like a moose in pain, and then dying. blink

botankus
I have no idea what it was, though I got it a few years back on MSNBC week in pictures, and I don't remember them dying.

Debs, are you talking about the runaway cow or the horse licking the girl's face? Either one, I like.

debbiejo
You're last one was the falling bear?...Wasn't it... blink

botankus
Oh, yeah. How do you like this one?

debbiejo
Bestest laughing out loud blink

Is that a word...bestest?

Lana
Uhh, nice sig, Botankus laughing out loud and that article cracked me up, considering how much snow it takes to shut anything down here in Chicago...try a good two feet before schools will even close.

Anyway, I hate winter. I hate the cold, I despise snow, I hate how dark and dreary it is.....I just really dislike winter and I can't wait for the four days of spring we'll get in April.

(Chicago weather sucks....)

DaCanadianMoose
Originally posted by Lana
Uhh, nice sig, Botankus laughing out loud and that article cracked me up, considering how much snow it takes to shut anything down here in Chicago...try a good two feet before schools will even close.

Anyway, I hate winter. I hate the cold, I despise snow, I hate how dark and dreary it is.....I just really dislike winter and I can't wait for the four days of spring we'll get in April.

But Lana dearest, tell us what you REALLY think... wink

Lana
Shut up, Scott stick out tongue so far as I'm concerned, there's two worthwhile things in the winter -- Christmas and my birthday. I'd rather just skip the rest.

DaCanadianMoose
Shut up, Scott stick out tongue so far as I'm concerned, there's two worthwhile things in the winter -- Christmas and my birthday. I'd rather just skip the rest.

shutup

Actually, after Christmas, the really cold weather can take a hike.

debbiejo
Well, I don't like the gray sky's...and the darkness so early, but do love the snow....When I'm not driving in it...but actually I kind of used to that...

Lana
Oh, wow, driving in snow, I really don't like driving in snow. Friday night we got about 3 inches of snow in an hour and trying to drive in it was such a pain, you couldn't see the lane dividers or anything. My car has decided that this year it's going to hate snow (even though last year it was fine with it), and kept fishtailing all over. Luckily it only did that on my friend's street, though, which was empty. It took them like...two hours to clear up that little bit of snow. The best part was when we saw a snowplow....just sitting there doing nothing.

First time I had ever driven in snow was during blizzard conditions and was a near whiteout....that was pretty scary.

debbiejo
Well it helps if you have a front or four wheel drive.....I've learned the hard way.... big grin ....Gotta have that here or you slide into ditches a lot like I did last year, though didn't mind it much....people here are all willing to take you in and give you a hand....meet some interesting people that way........Though don't like much driving in "White Out" conditions....always have to follow the tail lights infront of me...but not too close. eek!

botankus
You slide into ditches a lot like I did last year, though didn't mind it much

Forget chipping a nail or getting a run in a stocking.

This is the definition of an easy-going woman!

debbiejo
wink ..Yes...It's true...make the best out of it.... blink..LOLOLOL

Or a sickness....................

Eis
I love winter, I love the colour grey, I love the cold, I love the snow, I love the wind.
I love everything there is about winter.
I am a little odd, yes.

Sir Whirlysplat

Never having lived in Chicago I can't say how depressing it is in Winter, London unlike much of the North and Midlands in England doesn't get a lot of snow, that aside I find its Winter more depressing than when I did live up North and got lots of Snow, its kind of a constant grey.

Darth Macabre
Yeah snow makes the mood during winter time a lot lighter.

debbiejo
If there were only gray skys and no snow....I'd hate winter...

botankus
If there were only gray skys and no snow....I'd hate winter...
Then you'd hate living in NC!

debbiejo
Relatives in FL come North sometimes hoping to see some snow....They say they miss the seasons.

Maya Zurak

BobbyD
It's not so bad. But, yes there are negatives of course.

I think the best days in winter are when you get that heavy 1-2 inches of snow that sticks to everything...especially the trees, making it look like the best postcard moment in time and/or a winter wonderland.

jaden101
i'll tell you what i hate about winter...the fact that there is less and less snow each year yet there is more and more disruption

a tiny bit of snow fell across the country and the news was awash with horror stories about people being "trapped"...how do you get trapped in 2 inches of snow?...someone please tell me

there was even a woman being interviewed who was stuck in traffic for a few hours and who described it as "the worst experience of my life"...get some ****ing perspective of on life for God's sake woman

there was talk of some local authorities "already running low of salt and grit for the roads"

IT WAS ONE ****ING SNOW SHOWER...ONE...

it really makes you wonder what the hell the council tax money actually goes on...clearly grit for the roads comes further down the list of priorities than slap up feast for the bosses

leonidas
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Winter!!!

You wake up its dark.
You drive home its dark.

Its cold.
Its grey.
It rains.
Colds, Coughs and worse

It makes me S.A.D.

Roll on Summer....

thoughts.

I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad

hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate mad

cool_dudes_rule
winter doesn't really bother me cause you have Christmas well if you live in the likes of Australia or New Zealand then it would be summer but if you live in the likes of england it would be cold on Christmas, so yeah it don't really bother me.

Ulven
I like winter, but as jaden said, I dislike the fact that we're getting less and less of it every year. Me living by the coast where the climate is more temperate doesn't help either sad Luckily we now have a hut in the mountains, right by a ski resort smile

And driving on snow/ice is extremely fun...I used the handbrake so much last year that i snapped both the wires. I'm not usually this childish, but when you manage to skid around a corner just perfectly, or you do a complete "2-stage" 360, I get a huge grin on my cheeks.

debbiejo
People that don't don't how to drive in snow really bug me....they're the ones causing accidents....Either they don't realize there is a difference, or the heck, I don't know what they're thinking........

Lana
This morning I was trying to drive to work, and my car decided it wanted to slide all over the place. Luckily there's not many people on the road at 6 am in my area messed

Took 20 minutes to clear the foot of snow off of it......

debbiejo
We have 8 inches here as of today..............Still most of the roads are cleared............But it's the idiots that don't know how to drive in drifts and icy areas............man a a big danger to us...........EEK

X-Woman
I like winter...cuz then theres Christmas...and presents smile

Ulven
I don't drive recklessly on a road with traffic, if that was anyones concern wink

All the snow we had rained away, I hope there will be a snowfall before Christmas at least. I can't imagine celebrating Christmas in a tropical/warm area by the way, doesn't seem right to have palmtrees outside your window on Christmas eve :P

debbiejo
Well it's 18 degrees today and lot's of snow...When the sun comes out, it'll be be quite pretty.....

Mindship
I'd much rather shiver than sweat.
And it can be a hell of a lot more fun warming up than trying to cool off.
naughty

On the other hand, I'd much rather sweat than shovel.

debbiejo
I feel when you hot there is nothing much you can do, but when your cold you can always warm up..............mmmmmmmmmm warm.

Blue Dragon
Like it, but can be annoying too! I quite like it getting dark more early, doesn't bother me. smile But when you're freezing, it's not nice!

Plus, we use electric cards instead of bills, so when the power goes, you're walking about in the dark looking for a key/card/candle etc.

Not long ago it went & had no power left so sat there with candle light & really bored! It's the Flinstones all over again! "Flinstones, it's the Flinstones..."

JacopeX
Well it's 18 degrees today and lot's of snow...When the sun comes out, it'll be be quite pretty..... I fuggin hate the snow. Its annoying, hard to move, cant play soccer, too cold. i hate it. i dont how people like it...Damn it homes!

leonheartmm
i LOVE the cold

Blue Dragon
How can you not like snow!? So you can't play football, so what? :/ You can make a snowman, have snowball fights, go sledging or just jump into the snow & make angels (don't know who does that but there you go.)

I love sledging but I haven't done it for ages because I either forget, not enough snow or no where good to sledge down.

JacopeX
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
How can you not like snow!? So you can't play football, so what? :/ You can make a snowman, have snowball fights, go sledging or just jump into the snow & make angels (don't know who does that but there you go.)

I love sledging but I haven't done it for ages because I either forget, not enough snow or no where good to sledge down. I throw snowballs for revenge and i still dont like snow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.