X-men 3 Vs Superman Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Which one do you think is

1. Going to do better.
2. Are you looking forward to see more

Explain why and say which one might fail and state reasons.

Will The traitor director from the Xmen make superman the best or will xmen get so mad that he left there show is better ?

LethalFemme
i think xmen3 cause i saw the new superman and ewwwwwwww........lol

TwisterGameX
http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/cmp/teaser.html?id=teaser&type=windows&speed=300000

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by LethalFemme
i think xmen3 cause i saw the new superman and ewwwwwwww........lol

eek! Xmen 3 trailer is on the FF4 disk soon eek!

TwisterGameX
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=3651

BackFire
I think Superman will be better. Bryan Singer is a great director and will make Superman great.

TwisterGameX
I heard they are putting ALOT of money in Superman. Well singer ran away from his home Xmen to do Superman so he must be interested.

SnakeEyes
I'll reserve my judgement for a while longer, after I read a bit more and see more trailers... Superman should be good though...

Paola
this belongs in trash puke I mean... comic book movies... whistle

stupid Singer, stupid Superman.... ranting

house
x3 i am looking forward to seeing more should be awesome.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Paola
this belongs in trash puke I mean... comic book movies... whistle

stupid Singer, stupid Superman.... ranting

laughing out loud

smiley8
Have to be x3, cant wait to see the phoneix!!!

TwisterGameX
Different Director...phoenix my show up in a 2 minute clip then leave...they said it centers on beast.

Draco69
X3 will likely be better.

But Superman will sell more.

TwisterGameX
I am ify on X3.

TwisterGameX
Almost a tie

crimsonphoenix
I say x-men 3 smile

Mainstream
I'd go with X3, though I think Supes Return should be interesting..hopefully in a good way.

bitca730
I'm hoping X3 does better because... well I'm a bigger fan of the X-Men.
But on the other hand Singer did a really excellent job with the first two films and Superman is like THE superhero to most...

Blair Wind
saw the trailer for supers.....i wasnt really impressed....

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Blair Wind
saw the trailer for supers.....i wasnt really impressed....

indeed

Fianna
X3 for both....out of loyalty..and the fact that I don't really like Superman very much...plus they just seem far too smug about the Superman movie than the X-Men one...and the Superman they've got annoys me...

GODSCRIBE
Superman will be better..

X3 has too many characters. The plot is going to be terribly mired..

Wolfie
Though Bryan Singer is a great director, I think the new Superman looks terrible. This actor just doesn't come off as Superman to me.

X3, however, looks really good. I'm looking forward to Kelsey Grammer's take on Beast. And I'm crossing my fingers for Iceman learning how to cover his body in ice.

smiley8
Just saw a black and white pic of Kelsey Grammer as the beast in the paper, looking beasty, want to see it in colour though, wonder if he's the same shade of blue as Mystique!

el barto_1
OMFG...just saw the X3 trailer...it looks simply put... out of this world. Besides i hate Superman, i hate the traitor Brian Singer and i hate the superman trailer. so i guess i'm looking more forward to X3

NoFate007
I want to see X3 more, but Superman will make more money in the box office.

Harvey Dent
Judging from the following trailers, X3 looks way more impressive than Superman Returns.

I hope Brian Singer made the right choice, and I am looking forward to Superman Returns, but the X3 trailer is kick-ass compared to the Superman Returns trailer.

Superman Returns:
http://supermanreturns.warnerbros.com/trailer.html

X3:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/x3/

Thoughts?

Draco69
Not really much to compare. We only saw sets and brief glimpses at Superman's childhood. That's it. X-Men 3 was much more indepth and actually revealed a plot. Superman was a teaser. X-Men was a preview.

But I think Superman Returns will suck because of that ghastly costume....

TwisterGameX
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t379490.html no expression

The Ion
Originally posted by Harvey Dent
Judging from the following trailers, X3 looks way more impressive than Superman Returns.

Thoughts?
Not a big accomplishment. Superman trailer didn't show anything besides Brandon Routh looking like Superboy.

Piedmon
Bryan Singer is an excellent director. It should really say something that James Marsden (Cyclops) was so impressed with him, that he practically abandoned his X-Men contract to work on Superman Returns.

Brett Ratner is the man who has given us Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2.

I couldn't say which will do better, but I confidentally expect Superman to have the better story, filming, depth, and acting. Not that the returning X-Men cast aren't all gifted actors, but I believe it takes a good director to bring out a good performance in the cast.

Alpha Centauri
Vinnie Jones isn't a gifted actor. I understand that any English man with basic motor skills and a voice has the ability to impress an American audience, but he's actually lame.

Now I've seen him as Juggernaut, I laugh.

The reason shit films fill cinemas and why so many comic book movies ARE shit is because stupid fanboy idiots make them hits at the box office out of loyalty instead of seeing that trailer, not being impressed by quick cuts of the action scenes and going "Wait...going to be shit isn't it?"

-AC

2-D
mite b sentinals in dis?

botcherby
Both will kickass, looking forward to both.

ash007
indeed i am lookign forward to Superman. But also i would like to see how X-men will be like.

It seems like that both movies will be the must watch of Summer

tlbauerle
The X3 trailer was terrible. Way to go...slapping a long, drawn out, boring monologue over way too many different images. It makes the trailer nearly incoherent and completely intolerable.

Jedi Shmedi
While this has been stated before, I'll say it again. Singer specifically said that the Superman Returns trailer was not meant to "wow" people, just to let them know the movie was being made, he didn't make it flashy because he didn't want to show footage he fealt was not ready to be shown, he also stated that future trailers would have much more dialogue and more action.

Personally I think Superman Returns will out-gross X3 by a landslide, but I could care less, I'm looking forward to both immensly.

FistOfThe North
Im looking foward to both as well but I'd have to say that x-men teaser was kinda kick ass over Superman Returns teaser and revealed alot more too. I didn't know archangel was in it till i saw it today. I thought I saw Juggs too, which is whom i'd mostly looked foward to seeing. I thought he was gonna be CGI. And the Beast, lol i duno, i may get used to the look, but we'll see.

Bushwacker
Betting both will be disappointing, but X3 will be the better of the two.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Vinnie Jones isn't a gifted actor. I understand that any English man with basic motor skills and a voice has the ability to impress an American audience, but he's actually lame.

Now I've seen him as Juggernaut, I laugh.

The reason shit films fill cinemas and why so many comic book movies ARE shit is because stupid fanboy idiots make them hits at the box office out of loyalty instead of seeing that trailer, not being impressed by quick cuts of the action scenes and going "Wait...going to be shit isn't it?"

-AC

Agree.

I was not impressed by X3 trailer.

I think Superman is going to be better.

redcaped
They are going a bit slow don't you think? Only 2 superheroe movies for next year! Where is Daredevil 2, Hulk 2, Ghost Rider? Three years just like Lucas took is damn long! I admit they love to destroy the damn bridge-The Core/F4/X3!

Bushwacker
After reading the synopsis for Superman Returns I think I'll just wait for the DVD. "Kung fu in the sky fighting" and "a CIA agent named Lex Luthor" makes me think this movie is just going to disappoint me.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bushwacker
After reading the synopsis for Superman Returns I think I'll just wait for the DVD. "Kung fu in the sky fighting" and "a CIA agent named Lex Luthor" makes me think this movie is just going to disappoint me.

Kung Fu in the sky? Who's he gonna fight. I don't think there'll be any supervillains besides Lex in it.

And they may change the "Agent Lex" thing (hope they do). There's still time. What, half a year.

Paola
cia agent?!?! shocking

damn you, Singer... damn you

mr.smiley
Well I belive X3 is going to be better but I still will see Superman returns.Even though i haven't seen either one,I don't know how well Singer can handle the Superman universe.I think Brett Ratner isn't on Singers level as a director but I can see him giving the X men franchise a bang it needs in the action department.Ratner will probably neglect all the character building that Singer did (Wait singer did nothing with cyclops and left storm as a stalemate).Hard to say but imo,the two directors should probably trade movies.

Scarecrow756
To me they both look equaly impressive from seeing their trailers. But if I had to pick I would say X men 3.

Bushwacker
I found this site with teasers and trailers, photos, and plot...
http://www.mooviees.com/9303-superman-returns/movie

Thinking X3 will definitely be better.

Ultimate Hulk43
They both look good but my vote goes to Superman Returns.

Ultimate Hulk43
And is there a picture of Vinnie Jones as the Juggernaut?

mr.smiley
A few pics now.It looks horrible too.I try to post a few.

Getting released by Magneto
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/XPICS/newjuggernaut.jpg

A close up
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/XPICS/Juggernaut.jpg

and to the right behind Magneto

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/XPICS/Brotherhood.jpg

To the left of Magneto

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/mrsmiley123/XPICS/brotherhood.jpg

DarkCrawler
Wait.

CIA AGENT?!

Thats...a rumor, isn't it?

It better ****ING be.

Damn...if the both films are as bad as they look, I'm not gonna like it.

Superman still looks better, though.

Ultimate Hulk43
Thanks for the pictures mr.smiley.He looks alright as the Juggernaut but I'm really going to judge him by performance.As for the CIA agent thing,that isn't true,the whole synopsis that KMC has for Superman Returns isn't even valid.

mr.smiley
A few rumors have indicated Jones is playing the role British,but it hasn't been confirmed.From what i've herd will be Xaviers step brother or have very close relations though.

Ultimate Hulk43
Uh,the Juggernaut has always been Xavier's stepbrother,in the comics,cartoons,everything.

mr.smiley
Yeah but where talking the movie version.He's being potrayed as a mutant not a human in the film.The Kryocatc (I can't spell it!) crystal has no part in the movie.So their is a lot their changing about the character other than the costume.

Ultimate Hulk43
Oh,okay,I see what you mean now.

jgiant
I hate when movies include characters that are awesome and do a half assed job with them, they should have really spent much more time making jugs better...damn them to hell...superman is gunna win hands down, it is gunna be like batman begins mabe even bigger...

Magee
Vinnie Jones as the juggernaut huh No gem of cyttorak? Bloody hell, Superman returns is deffinately going to be better imo.

srankmissingnin
I betting I'll be let down by both films and to be honest the bar isn't going to be set that high

The x-men movies should have picked a small team in the first movie and stuck with through out the rest. There are two many characters in the movie as it is now and they introduce new ones in every film; which is a mistake in my opinion.

And Superman should have cast an actor capable of playing Superman...

TwisterGameX
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/678/678792p1.html

Flavio
Trying my hardest to be fair, i still think X-men 3 will be a better film, even though i think Superman will attract more people to cinemas.

Bryan Singer is surely a wonderful director and responsible for two of the best comic book movies ever made, so he probably will give a great Superman, but there are things in the movie that just look bad, starting for the uniform (i loved how X-men uniforms were discret and serious) The colours somehow give him a certain childish mood, and im not blaming it for being colored, since spiderman suit fits great.

The X-men franchise will miss Singer looks on some parts, but maybe if we had him as the director again, the war (which is coming since the first movie) could be watered down to 8 mutants fghting for the fate of earth, which would be lame. Brett Rattner has shown that the third movie will get much more action, whats needed in a war, but i hope he also dont forget the characters development. So this fresh point of view from a person whos done a lot of action may be wondeful for the last stand. He's also bringing a lot of new characters, and while many say its a bad thing, i think it may turns out to bring many eye-pleasing moments. As one of the producers said, the X-universe is too big, so when you have a big gruop of mutants, you gotta see Psylocke, Colossus and others. When you have doctors, its Moira, and not a single unknown person.

X3 will probably be a better movie.
Jesus, this is big eek!

mr.smiley
Yeah.Like I said on the X men forum,I just hate how it's once again Luther in the Superman movie.I want to see another villian.someone like Doomsday in a superman movie.Give him a challenge.

GODSCRIBE
Wait, they're making Juggernaut a mutant instead of a human?

It gets worse.

Knightfall93
Well... it's gotta be better than Poof- Man and Licks Luthor round 5

darktim1
I think X-3 will be better with all the action but thinkl new superman will have alot of action also how I brake the tie is one word danger room.

Knightfall93
X Men 3 will be miles better than Poof Man Returns

Knightfall93
X3. SR looks BS

Femi32
Hard to say which one will be better based on the trailers. Hulk looked good based on trailers, but the movie was lacking.

Knightfall93
"lacking" here means "the movie was the most BS I ever did see"

Marcus4600
Juggernaut isn't a mutant in X3. I doubt they are explaining his powers though. X3 will definately be a better movie. I'm a movie reviewer on a website, so let me do a trailer synopsis real quick.

Superman Returns: Now that it has the director from X2, the movie has a good expectation, mostly because of the sheer fact that he had great success with the X-Men movies. One problem from what I heard about this movie. Sh*tty actor playing Superman. To be honest, from that right there, I know that Batman Begins won't be equaled with DC movies. From what's being said, it seems like they're pitching Superman like he's Jesus, and the special effects are pathetic. They're Matrix Reloaded Smith Fight Scene pathetic. Also, the costume looks dumb. They didn't even make him look sleeker or stronger. He looks like a dick. The actor looks like a wimp. I hope Luthor kicks his ass. *sighs* To be honest, the movie looks rushed. However, they have Kevin Spacey playing Lex Luthor, so there's a little redemption.

X3: Brett Ratner. He directed Red Dragon. Nuff said. We're gonna see Beast, More Colossus, Kitty Pride, and Wolverine in a leadership position. Cyclops may be dead, Jean may die, and there are rumours of Professor X dying. There is fighting that obviously isn't on the U.S. soil (possibly Genosha) and Wolverine smoking a cigar. Also, Warren Worthington the third, aka Angel spreads his wings. When you look at the CG, it's hard to say the wings are CG. Magneto is talking about a cure, and it seems the Morlocks have joined him. This is looking like an all out war. Also, you see the fastball. Nobody know what the fastball is? It's class 100+ Colossus throwing Wolverine at something at extremely high speeds. It's one of the deadliest attacks in Marvel. Yeah, this movie is gonna be a blockbuster. You've got Halley Berry, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Ian McKellen, Ben Foster, and Kelsey Grammar. Yeah, I think we all know which movie has better acting.

So, folks, I'd say that Superman Returns looks like a dud, but keep your heads high, because it looks like X-Men 3: The Last Stand is going to be a movie to remember.

snoopdogg
Singer left X-men for Superman for a reason folks. And it had nothing to do with money.

Brandon Routh was in the same position Hugh Jackman was when he first played Wolverine. Basically a nobody.

Marcus4600
Yeah, but he was a great actor. Routh isn't that great.

mr.smiley
To me,it seems like they picked Routh because he has a resemblence to Christopher Reeve.Which was a bad idea.Instead of finding a carbon copy of the former actor to play Supes,they should have went in a new direction.

And why do we have to see Lex Luther again?Can't they highlight some other villian or villians?From what i've herd and read about Superman returns,it seems more like a concept for a graphic novel instead of a Hollywood blockbuster.I'm not saying that's a bad thing,but I don't know.I would have rather seen a Smallville movie or a continuation of Smallville.

Marcus4600
Personally, I think V for Vendetta is gonna be the best DC picture.

mr.smiley
It looks pretty good.I don't know if it can top Batman Begins though.That's quiet a hurdle for any comic based movie top.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by mr.smiley
To me,it seems like they picked Routh because he has a resemblence to Christopher Reeve.Which was a bad idea.Instead of finding a carbon copy of the former actor to play Supes,they should have went in a new direction.

And why do we have to see Lex Luther again?Can't they highlight some other villian or villians?From what i've herd and read about Superman returns,it seems more like a concept for a graphic novel instead of a Hollywood blockbuster.I'm not saying that's a bad thing,but I don't know.I would have rather seen a Smallville movie or a continuation of Smallville. DC is just setting the foundation for a future Superman movie franchise. The bad@ss vallains will come. Just be patient.

mr.smiley
I hope so.

Femi32
I hope Darkseid comes in the next Superman movie and doesn't job like the comic book version.

Flavio
im looking forward to the next x-men 3 trailer to be 100% sure that its gonna be light-years better than superman...

pr1983
While i don't have much faith in x3 (tho i'll still see it), i'm hoping the story in superman is at least half decent... tho bryan singer... i just dunno...

Marcus4600
X3 has the better director, and definately a better cast, though Lex Luthor is being played by Kevin Spacey.

snoopdogg

And why do we have to see Lex Luther again?Can't they highlight some other villian or villians? Well Magneto is the villain once again for a third staight movie. sick

Marcus4600
^ We're getting Sentinels this time around though.

mr.smiley
Yeah and Magneto is actualy an interesting villian(IMO).I know some people like Luther,but I see where your coming from.It would have been nice to see Sinister or Apocalypse.

X-Woman
Wow, I can't believe X3 actually won that poll. SuperheroHype! says differently. But of course I voted for X3 myself.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by X-Woman
Wow, I can't believe X3 actually won that poll. SuperheroHype! says differently. But of course I voted for X3 myself. This is a Marvel biased web-site. Wizard did a poll too and Superman won 65% to 35%.

mr.smiley
After comparing the trailers,I still have to say X3 for me.

sexyking
In singer we trust and in routh, its just a shame that you guys can even judge the superman film based on a few mins teaser i honestly without a doubt believe this will be the best superhero movie ever made wait and see boys and girl superman has really returned

mr.smiley
Possibly.I'm not saying trailers show how good movies are.But the one for X3 got my blood pumping.

Femi32
Hulk got my blood really pumping and was a disappointing movie. I still think X3 will be good. I better not be wrong.

mr.smiley
Yeah.I thought the trailer for X2 was a little lackluster but I thought X2 kicked major ass.

Femi32
I went on another site and read the whole history behind Superman V or Superman Lives. Man, it was horrible! Tim Burton and all those other hacks would have ruined Superman if their movie was ever filmed. They didn't want him to fly, a black suit, an organic suit that gave him powers, pseudo-Matrix story, Lexiac (Braniac fused with Luthor as a giant slug), giant spider robots (Wild Wild West), Superman being killed by liquid kryptonite, Doomsday being played by Hulk Hogan, Doomsday looking like an elite from Halo, etc. Just Horrible!

I don't favor the new suit or Routh (Jim Caviezel would be better), but at least he knows what he is doing and isn't changing Superman like Tim Burton would have. Singer's changes aren't really that bad if you look into the development hell of Superman V.

That being said, I still don't know how good Superman Returns will be, but at least I know it's in good hands.

redcaped
I don't think people care for X-Men anymore now that this guy is back.

Marcus4600
The poll says different.

I just watched the second trailer for X-2. I wanna see a Juggernaut vs Colossus fight. It looked like Wolverine was just running through people, as were the others. I have a feeling this movie is gonna be sickening. Also, let's not forget the Fastball.

spencerspider
X-Men will be better, Superman might make more cuz of all the crazy lunatic fans.. but X-Men 3 will be better

badabing
Going by the trailers, X-3 seems to be better. Obviously, I will be seeing both movies.

Superman_045
I think that Superman will blow X3 out of the water. Both movies will be good for sure but Superman Returns will more than likely be the better movie. There hasn't been a great Superman movie in over twenty years, old Superman fans may rekindle their love for the Man of Steel & go see the movie.

supersayin4goku
ya he is right about that i mean we have all seen x men and kinda no what to expect from it , but we dont no what to expect from the super movie it will be spectaculare or how ever u spell that word again

Superman_045
Your posts make no sense. We've seen two X-Men movies with two different storylines which will mean X-3 will have a different storyline so we really don't know what to expect from it. Try to spell better in your posts & make more sense in them as well.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Draco69
X3 will likely be better.

But Superman will sell more.

I think its the exact opposite.

I mean people like the X-men franchise. They are familiar with it, with Superman Returns they arent going to know why superman left or anything.

Come to think of it, heck I dont even know, at the end of Superman 2 didnt he just go and beat up that guy at the bar?!? Seriously.

badabing
He spun that guy on the stool and slid him down the counter into the pin ball machine.

Superman_045
Anyway, I still think that Superman Returns will blow X3 out of the water. People connect with Superman better......

katie_girl09
Originally posted by badabing
He spun that guy on the stool and slid him down the counter into the pin ball machine.
That was awesome! I loved that part. The dude was such a jerk!
Anyhoo, I voted X-men 3 just for the fact that I think people were awaiting it a bit more than another Superman film (since its original was made far more recently). But Superman will still do damn well in the box office! I mean, c'mon! Its Superman!

Superman_045
I'd say that Superman is better than the X-Men.

White Reeper
ya one reson for me i think that every one now s what to x men will through at them the fans i mean and super is a blank exsiting u dont no what will happen or if it is good or bad.

Superman_045
You can predict what'll happen with both of them. Superman has been out for over 60 years & the X-Men have been out for over 40 years.

Ritoshi
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/supermanreturns/trailer2/large.html

Avalonofthewind
Although I'm more excited about a new Supes flick hitting theaters, I will see both.

I grew up on Supes.
Enjoyed the Xmen in my teens.
Back to Supes.

I like both franchises for different reasons, and will support both. I enjoyed both Xmen flicks, and loved the first 2 Superman movies.

It's win/win this summer.

Superman_045
That's true. I've seen the trailer for X3 on TV & I'll admit that it looks a lot better than I thought.

roughrider
6 pages for a completely hypothetical thread? They are still weeks from opening, and we don't know how good they truly are yet.

brainchild81

And why do we have to see Lex Luther again?Can't they highlight some other villian or villians?From what i've herd and read about Superman returns,it seems more like a concept for a graphic novel instead of a Hollywood blockbuster.I'm not saying that's a bad thing,but I don't know.I would have rather seen a Smallville movie or a continuation of Smallville. Ditto. I'll probably see X-Men in a theater and Supes on HBO.

Grimm22
The 7 minutes of X3 last night were awesome.

Too bad it gave away a ton of stuff.

Like the Kitty vs Juggernaut fight.

Seriously wouldnt he die if his molocules fused with the floor? confused

Superman_045
Since you said it gave away a lot of stuff, I'm glad I missed it.

brainchild81
ditto

Superman_045
Saw the trailer for Superman Returns, blew me away. But after seeing the trailer for X3 it may have a chance of beating Superman Returns in the Box Office but it's not a big chance.

juggernaut66666
JUggernaut OWNS wolvie in X-3 big grin

Grimm22
I just saw X3 and im a little dissapointed erm

I mean some of the deaths are completlly obvious (cough*cyclops*cough)

Others however came to a be a shock even though they were implied. (I wont spoil it for you big grin )

I actually like Dark Phoniex's orgin in the movie better than the comic.

Once again Hugh Jackman steals the show as Wolverine. Haley Berry is a hell of a lot better this time around. smile

There are also a ton of new mutants, but the best has to be Juggernaut big grin .

The irish accent kind of bothered me at first, but I got used to it later on.

Overall, I think BS would have done this better but its not awful. 4/5

Oh and stay until after the credits for somthing big eek!

Superman_045
I'm hoping that X3 does really well at the Box Office so that they'll make another sequel. Fox has already said that if X3 does well in the Box Office then there would be another sequel.

Ritoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJSQNlIn4k

Grimm22
Originally posted by Ritoshi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDJSQNlIn4k

Wow, thats....AWESOME! eek!

Litterly the only thing im a little skeptical about is Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. erm

I mean I HATE that whole comic relief luthor from the original superman movies

Superman_045
I think that Spacey will do a great job as Luthor.

brainchild81
X3 was a letdown. I'll see Supes Returns if I get hooked up w/free Imax tickets.

Darth Martin
1.Superman.IMO more people will go see it.
2.What do u mean.

Ritoshi
X3 made alot of money despite it being good or bad.

Grimm22
For some reason Marvel has an amazing PR team.

Seriously how many times have Marvel movies had amazing trailers, but ended up as crap? confused

Superman_045
I haven't seen the movie but I still think I'll enjoy it a lot.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wow, thats....AWESOME! eek!

Litterly the only thing im a little skeptical about is Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor. erm

I mean I HATE that whole comic relief luthor from the original superman movies

He still seems funny, but now in a far more Jack Nicholson joker type of way...

roughrider
This thread has reached this many pages? Considering one film hasn't even been released yet...but it was all premature to start with.
I like X3. I can't compare anything, until Superman Returns opens in a few weeks.

Superman_045
Even though I haven't seen X3 & Superman Returns hasn't been released yet, I have to say that Superman Returns just looks better.

MrHeavySilence
Superman Returns BETTER be BETTER than X-Men 3.

Ieatbabies
As big as an Xmen fan I am, X-men 3 was rushed onto the big screen to beat Superman. There are too many flaws in X3 for it to be better. Suerman Returns looks lame but it also looks very good/better than X3, if that's saying much at all.

No matter what you say, a real life Supes looks very lame.

Superman_045
No it doesn't.

Broly92
They picked the dumbest person to be superman X-3 is better

Draco69
Well, since it's coming out next week and there already very positive reviews to the movie, it's now an appropiate time to discuss the movies.

Superboy Prime
X-men 3 was just the same ole thing. Fun movie, but a couple of things annoyed me.

SPOILER ALERT

I hate the fact Xavier and Scott are dead.

Superman_045
Xavier isn't dead, I haven't even seen the movie & I know that. He put his mind in another person's body.

MrHeavySilence
According to half of the reviews I see on Rotten Tomatoes, Superman Returns will be a B+ movie.

Superman_045
That's still a good rating.

Superboy Prime
Ok...so he put his mind in another person's body...so since you haven't seen the movie how would you know this?

Deathstroke
in my opinion Superman Returns was the better movie

srankmissingnin
After seeing X3 I thought I would like Superman more... how wrong I was.

The best thing that can be said about Superman is that it wasn't as boring as The Hulk movie; as if that means anything.

H. S. 6
Now that we've all seen both movies, I think that most of us can agree that Superman Returns was the far better movie.

xmarksthespot
X3 was okay. But they rushed it through and the script was subpar.

I'd wager Superman Returns will be an okay film too. But it was in development for 20 years and from what I've heard still manages to be kinda dull and overly grandiose.

X3 should have been a half hour longer, and should have only focused on either the cure or the Phoenix as a plot. Not both. Each one is sufficient for a movie in itself.

Superman Returns should have been a half hour shorter.

H. S. 6
Have you seen Superman Returns?

xmarksthespot
No... that's why I said 'I'd wager' and 'from what I've heard'... I'll reserve actual judgement until I see it. Any movie that's over 2 and a half hours is normally a half hour too long.

MattDay
lol shut up! bullshit flying outta your mouth, superman is argueably the best contemporary (new) superhero film since the year 2000 + spiderman films so far are a little worse than this film, but there's always spiderman 3 but this first outing trumps the 2 spiderman movies... my god it was awesome some of the thing superman accomplished, a hint of pre crisis in the superman returns as well

H. S. 6
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
No... that's why I said 'I'd wager' and 'from what I've heard'... I'll reserve actual judgement until I see it. Any movie that's over 2 and a half hours is normally a half hour too long.

I don't know that you should have said "Superman Returns should have been a half hour shorter.", implying that you saw it, then. stick out tongue

But anyway, you'll see when you watch the movie. I, for one, didn't think that it needed to be any shorter than it was.

MattDay
man your me making more excited about seeing it!!! STOP! lol

roughrider
After seeing Superman Returns two days ago, I have to say I was more entertained by X-Men 3, which was even more thoughtful than SR, despite the grand designs of Singer and company. Too long, too slow, too many story threads not followed like they should have been...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>