Teen With Peanut Allergy Dies After Kiss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.V.O.T.I.
SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades. The reason remains unclear but one study found that baby creams or lotions with peanut oil may cause children to develop allergies later in life.

About 1.5 million Americans are severely allergic to even the smallest trace of peanuts and peanut allergies account for 50 to 100 deaths in the United States each year. Canadian figures were not immediately available.

Mišt
shock Damn.

DarkC
I'd better ask Lea what she's allergic to.

Darth Macabre
That is terrible. Cant help but wonder if she knew she was allergic to peanuts?

Ladyluck
Originally posted by DarkC
laughing out loud I don't have any allergies shifty

I heard about this on the news. That's nuts shock ...(excuse the pun)

DarkC
Originally posted by Ladyluck

Shifty again? laughing out loud

Ah well, good to know. It'd suck if I gave you something that accidentally killed you.

Mišt

Arent you with CQ?

DarkC

Ladyluck
Shifty again? laughing out loud

Ah well, good to know. It'd suck if I gave you something that accidentally killed you.
laughing out loud

shifty

That would suck really bad shock

Mišt
Trying to remember something....I cant remember where it was, might have been on the news, or something, some chick was allergic to her boyfriend blink

T.V.O.T.I.

lol

Kosta
That sucks. Poor girl. sad

Koala MeatPie
HA.

Guess she was So good he couldn't handle her.

GCG
The Kiss of Death - I thought it didnt exist.

DarkC
laughing out loud

shifty

That would suck really bad shock
Yep. I really feel sorry for the accidental killer, he must feel shitty as hell.

Ladyluck
Yep. I really feel sorry for the accidental killer, he must feel shitty as hell.

Haha I know shock

DarkC
Haha I know shock
I didn't see it on the news...

No shifty! woohoo

no expression I dunno why I used that.

Ladyluck
I didn't see it on the news...

No shifty! woohoo

no expression I dunno why I used that.

laughing out loud

No shifty, eh? shifty

Leo.M

poor guy sad

Mišt
You know what would be funny, in some sort of sick twisted way? If the guy was emo. "Your such an emo loser, you couldnt even kiss a girl without killing her!"

DarkC
laughing out loud

No shifty, eh? shifty
Better.

Ladyluck
laughing out loud

DarkC
laughing out loud
None there. woohoo

stick out tongue

Ladyluck
shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty

Woah shock

DarkC
shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty shifty

Woah shock
Overload. Error.

(pencil explodes)
Damn it!

Ladyluck
laughing

I just realized... We're having three seperate conversations shock

DarkC
laughing

We are? Thought there was only two.

Oh wait, including MSN makes three. Okay.

So...

Wow, we are! shock

GCG
laughing

and off-topic. Hahaha.

Ladyluck
laughing out loud

shock

DarkC
laughing out loud

shock
You spelled separate wrong. Nyah. stick out tongue

Ladyluck
Damn disgust

GCG
Typo....

DarkC
Damn disgust
Originally posted by GCG
Typo....
I am, like, so so aware of that. schmoll

Gotta go.
*logs off*

Ladyluck
stick out tongue

Later hug

Susan-Storm
Originally posted by T.V.O.T.I.
SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital officials said Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss the previous weekend.

Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy, officials said.

An autopsy was being performed. Dr. Nina Verreault, an allergist at the Chicoutimi Hospital in Saguenay, declined to comment on the case.

The symptoms of peanut allergy can include hives, plunging blood pressure and swelling of the face and throat, which can block breathing.

Peanut allergies have been rising in recent decades. The reason remains unclear but one study found that baby creams or lotions with peanut oil may cause children to develop allergies later in life.

About 1.5 million Americans are severely allergic to even the smallest trace of peanuts and peanut allergies account for 50 to 100 deaths in the United States each year. Canadian figures were not immediately available.
I Read that same excact Article Not Ten Minutes ago.That was before i headed over here no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.