Help with tone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
ok, so ever since i posted that question about finding a lefty mustang/duosonic, i kinda realized that quite a few people here played guitar. i found a place to order them, along with an amp i like but my fiancial resources are a little strapped for now so i need advice on how to improve my tone. Basically, i feel like the sustain sucks and the the distortion doesn't have the kind of punch i'd like and sounds horrible when played through my amp's overdrive channel. basically, i love my fx but am looking for an additional pedal to boost the distortion and sustain (something like a fuzz or an overdrive) and also some kind of cheap tube simulator effect
Here's my Current setup:
Squire Standard Left-Handed Stratocaster-Boss DS-1 Distortion-Digitech X-series Digital multivoice Chorus-Danelectro PB & J Delay (which i love)-Crate GFX-15 amp (i never use the overdrive channel and wish i had something with tubes) occasionally i use the reverb.

so, advice? (i know the amp and guitar are shitty)

Victor Von Doom
Your best bet is to go to a guitar shop with your guitar, and try various pedals.

Darth Jello
what about one of those tube screamer pedals from ibanez?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.