Sig Limits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mišt
Is it possible to raise the sig upload size limit from 30kb to an extra 5 or 10kb? Trying to save under 30kb hurts the quality for sigs with plenty of layers and effects etc. and ends up not even worth making.

Mando
I Think we should keep sig limits the way they are. That way it doesn't bogg down my computer when ever I load a page. I guess the Sig limit is there for that exact reason. And you are saving your files as gifs, try saving them as Jpeg's. It helps a lot.

Lana
Originally posted by Mando
I Think we should keep sig limits the way they are. That way it doesn't bogg down my computer when ever I load a page. I guess the Sig limit is there for that exact reason. And you are saving your files as gifs, try saving them as Jpeg's. It helps a lot.

Actually, the server renames them as GIFs, I asked Raz about that a while ago. They're still JPEGs.

And if you use Save For Web in Photoshop, it's easy to save them under the limits and still high quality.

Raz
There should be no problem saving a sig at under 30k.

Just make sure you have the settings optimized in your program.

Ken Kenobi
The only negative for the 30k limit...I'd like some animation in my signatures and it limits what you can do really.

Lana
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
The only negative for the 30k limit...I'd like some animation in my signatures and it limits what you can do really.

Yeah, that and transparencies.

Mišt
Originally posted by Lana
And if you use Save For Web in Photoshop, it's easy to save them under the limits and still high quality.

Save for Web eh? hmm

To get mine under 30kb, I usually have to save at half the quality messed And it ends up almost pixelated..

TOH

Koala MeatPie
Some 10,000 ACTIVE members.

30k each...

thats...

300, 000 K.

some 300 mbs.

JUST for sigs.

Bandwith = $$$

Ken Kenobi
Dur...that's why KMC has lots of annoying ads.

Syren
laughing

The Save for Web option is a lifesaver, Lana and her wonderful ideas big grin

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Syren
laughing

The Save for Web option is a lifesaver, Lana and her wonderful ideas big grin

No.

Adobe and their wonderful ideas. stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
I have NO sig restrictionz droolio

But, I am not abusing the privilage, cos its too precious embarrasment

Syren
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
No.

Adobe and their wonderful ideas. stick out tongue

Ok, Lana and her wonderful way of pointing out the obvious things I have a tendency to overlook.

And yes, I love her ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.