Gateway into Anime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XxILuvVegetaxX
So yea what was your gateway into Anime? By that I mean, what was that one show that got you into it?

Mine is pretty obvious, it was DBZ ofcourse lol. But b4 that, I did watch Tenchi and SailorMoon (on Toonami), but I really didnt kno it was Anime. Baq then Pokemon was really popular and so when I heard Anime, I thought Pokemon...so I thought that anime must really be stupid. My opinion of DBZ was pretty much the same, but I never even saw it. Some of my friends said it was good, and so I decided to see it, and I fell in love<3 lol And sooo yea.... big grin

*~Puppy eyes~*
I looooooove Anime!

Takiko_4ever
Hmmm...my first one was Sailor moon!
then i found out about other ones and got addicted!
now i love anime more than anything!

BunnyCupCakes
Mines too! Sailor Moon was my FIRST ever anime 2 watch( when i was in 2nd grade, i didn't even know what the heck anime was) It took me a while 2 find out Sailor Moon was japanese & called anime but then I started watching all these other shows too like Gundam wing, Card Captors, Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star & so on.( i wasn't a big fan of DBZ though)

Thunder Fox
sailor moon but later on DBZ

Darth Macabre
Zoids, then Yu Yu, then DBZ

Katt
I started watching alittle DBZ on TV a few years back. But i didn't know it was anime back then. Currently i'm watching Bleach. That got me obsessed with anime.

Darth Macabre
Wow I guess we can call DBZ the gateway drug huh.....er Gateway anime that is. lol

After all if what most of you are saying is true, DBZ was what lead you to liking anime correct?

DemonXangelX
pokemon lol yeh it true lol

Ashea16Chic
MYSTERIOUS PLAY where I started getting addicted although I also watched other animes prior to M.P.

By the way Demon... your sig reminds me of my friends who are both inlove... smile It's a funny coincidence but their names are TONI and DANIEL too... heehe

^^ Hey... I'm just sayin... ayt?

sailormoon
My gateway into anime started out with Poke`mon. But what really got me into it was from my cousin who told me to watch Sailor Moon. I didn't even know who she was before my cousin told me about it. And then from Sailor Moon with the whole Toonami thing, I started watching DBZ, Gundam Wing, Ronin Warriors and so on.

When Sailor Moon was taken off air, I got into fanfiction and manga, since I couldn't watch it anymore. Which led to much more manga and anime!

XxILuvVegetaxX
i guess its safe to say that most ppl (in da US) get hooked on anime bcuz of CN lol

Lana
I started out watching Sailormoon YEARS ago when it was on TV before school (before Cartoon Network).

Black Adam
Trigun was the actual show that made go out and search for more...though I guess sailor moon was the first one I saw as a we lad.

Kero_Co
Three shows actually, Pokemon(I was young), DBZ, and Gundam Wing. It was the time where fansites ruled the world, one DBZ fansite led me to Ranma, and a Gundam fansite led me to Evangelion. I was hooked after that, Cowboy Bebop was just icing on the cake.

ensatsu-ken
LOL laughing ! Believe it or not, I actually (literally) just responded to this same exact type of question, less than an hour ago stick out tongue . Anyways, DBZ was my very first anime, and I loved it. Yu Yu Hakusho is the one that truly got me addicted on anime though cool .

Magee
Dbz, Pokemon then Naruto. Only other animes I have seen are Akira and well Akira Im not really a fan of anime I just like Naruto. Street fighter if that counts. laughing

Akuki
The first anime that I ever watched was Inuyasha.

Violent2Dope
DBZ mos def.

chickenlover98
DBZ was what got me rly into it. but the first show i evar watched would be reboot. did you know they're makin a spin off of reboot btw?

~Forever*Alone~
i dont think reboot is an anime, or counts as one...

i think my first anime was "ringing bells", or "unico and the magical island", or maybe it was "ranma1/2" , and after those came "sailor moon", "DBZ", "pokemon", "X/1999", one episode of "slayers", and "Perfect blue", but i watched the first few on my mothers behest, because they looked like good kiddy shows to her, and the ones after because my brother got them as some sort of school assignment, and pokemon a dbz simply because they were on tv. i never even knew about anime until late one night(late as in like 9:00) i ran into(im embarassed to say) "inuyasha". in that i recognized a style that i had loved as a smaller child growing up and fell in love with anime. even when i fell in love with inuyasha i never knew about anime until a friend of mine educated me. then we became best friends, and thats how me and my best friend met, the end. smile

oh wait, we were talking about anime werent we...

well anyway, since then ive bought many manga, as well as encouraged my school library to purchase them, because i volunteered there, and thats how i convinced my library to dedicate a whole bookcase to manga, the end. smile oh wait....

well anyway, thats what encouraged me to take a trip to japan(and ive been there), and thats how i ended up studying english so i could teach and live in japan, the end. smile oh wait....

well, anyway, i no longer love anime as much as i used to, the end...

bamboopanda
Hm....
The first anime I watched ever was the dubbed SailorMoon.
Then I didn't watch anything else until Pokemon was on the WB.
The first subbed anime I watched was Naruto, so I guess that was
my true 'gateway' anime...

Linkinpark200
mine would be dragonball z 2 get in2 anime it is still my most fav anime ever

Ban Mido
I'm not sure, If I remember correctly I think it was Samurai Pizza Cats(I don't think that counts though..It might be western) then Sailor Moon and DBZ. After that, I was hooked. I still really enjoy watching DBZ now and then ^_^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.