In ROTJ, how did Boba turn on/off his jet-pak during the fight at the pit of carkoon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Cause come to think of it, I never seen him flik any type of switch on or off or anything. He just put his right hand up and it turned on by itself and he was off, airborne. And when he was in mid-air, just before he landed in front of Luke, the jet-pak turned off by itself without any indication that he had phisically turned it off. Does he have switches on his gloves maybe?

jollyjim311
No, he hit the "A" button twice.

Alkaselzer
He probably has the switches in his gloves, yes.

overlord
What's with all the question threads always? These aren't really topics in wich we can discuss stuff. Have you even tried to find the answer, FistOfThe North?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by overlord
What's with all the question threads always? These aren't really topics in wich we can discuss stuff. Have you even tried to find the answer, FistOfThe North?

I have tried, but to no avail.

exanda kane
He uses the Force of course...

FistOfThe North
yea, Force-ask.

steverules
In a comic boba fought vader with a lightsabre and held his own.

exanda kane
Barely if I remember. If its the same I have then Boba is practically on the run from the word Go.

steverules
Well I can't really remember since I was in a rush and had to flip through the pages.

exanda kane
ahh. A different one. In the one I had there both hunting Han Solo and meet in a Tatooine Cantina. Vader throws Fett around a bit and then goes for the finishing strike and Boba pulls out a green lightsaber hes nicked from somewhere...

steverules
Yeah that's the one I was talking about, sorry I put the pic there since we were talking about vader vs boba. But I know that they have fought before.

DiamondBullets
According to some EU book, Fett has a tongue-switch in his helmet. This feature enables the Mandalorians to suprise their foe by launching in the middle of combat while still shooting at them.

overlord
A toungue switch? That sounds surprisingly cool! z0MG!

xyz jedi
tongue switch? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

DiamondBullets
It was described in "Boba Fett's Tale" in the "Jabba's Palace Anthologies". When he was entangled in the Sarlacc's tentacles he atempted to ignite with the helmet's tongue-switch (his arms were tangled), but the damn thing stalled. The same thing happened to Jango in the arena. According to most books I've read, Mandalorian jetpacs are pretty sensitve and malfunction at the worst possible times.

here's a little FYI: the Sarlacc had some Force sensitivity, cuz she ate a Jedi about 400 years before ROTJ. She told this to Boba in that same book.

overlord
That's pretty stupid EU.. Yeah, some jedi comes by Tatooine and falls in the sarlacc and because he was still chewing on him the sarlacc became force sensitive.
What next? Sarlacc tentacles weilding lightsabers?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by overlord
.What next? Sarlacc tentacles weilding lightsabers?

You never know....

Smallville
Originally posted by jollyjim311
No, he hit the "A" button twice.

I thought it was the trigger button... but I guess I was wrong.

jollyjim311
X-Box. Battlefront 2. "A" Button.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I have tried, but to no avail.

probably because it doen't exist and nobody cares.

Its over, move on

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
probably because it doen't exist and nobody cares.

Its over, move on

I have tried but to no avail.

cool

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I have tried but to no avail.

cool

Okay now your just being a smart ass big grin

rubinator
i remember that fett in a comic had a green lightsaber

truejedi
ya know, a sarlacc with a bunch of lightsabers. Not worthy of a movie, but maybe the monster villian in a children's SW book. (if it could just learn to stop being a hole in the ground)
"beware the force-sensitive sarlacc my son, the hole that gapes, the sabers that slash..."

Tangible God
Technical error.

Simple as that.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Tangible God
Technical error.

Simple as that.

A tech error?

So his jet pak turned on by an accidental glitch, you mean.

What a coincidence. He motioned with one arm in the air as if he knew he was going to take off and he just happened to know when to prepare for take of for some reason and luckily picks the right time when his jet pak malfunctions?

Odd.

Tangible God
Technical error in the EDITORIAL process. It's SW, honstly do you think GL's gonna give a damn if a jet pack turns on automatically. And I suppose the Death Star's realistic too huh? Maybe even the Force?

FistOfThe North
yea but that's to obvious a f*** up, he could've had Boba turn a switch on his hip or wrist.. you know what..lol i dont care if Lucas cares or doesnt care about crap..look,

forget it, i shouldn't of asked

just asking how it can be forget it, man

willman
when he raises his arm in such away, the jet pack goes off, dumasses.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by willman
when he raises his arm in such away, the jet pack goes off, dumasses.

funny how we're "dumasses" yet you can't even spell it correctly.

willman
smartass

Tangible God
This is the land where Capitilization is persecuted.

RvB]Tucker
He used "The Force". Notice the "Moving his arm" thing? Yep, I saw it.

matter o' fact. He is a jedi actually. He forsaw that palpatine was gonna kill all the jedi. So he hid himself. The jet pack is made out of oak wood. he actually just force jumps eerywere. Oooooooh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.