Exar Kun versus the PT Jedi Council

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ianus
The entire council (As of ROTS) versus Exar Kun in the Room of a Thousand Fountains or whatever the hell it is.

Veneficus
You on a thread making spree?

Ianus
Yeah. I only get four a day. Might as well live it up like the noobs do.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Ianus

Lol

darthsith19
The Council. Yoda, Mace, Anakin and Obi-Wan, all together, plus 8 other above avg. Jedi Masters! Yeah, Kun's good, but I doubt anobody's THAT good.

IKC
Darthsith, how are they all going to attack him at once?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by IKC

lmao, thats what i was wondering. Heres my plan. Yoda goes first one-on-one. He'll tire Exar. Either Exar kills him or Yoda kills exar. IF Yoda loses to Exar Kun, he'd be tired as hell. ROTS Anakin and ROTS Obi-Wan go in together. IF Exar manages to get through em, mace kills him next.

Ianus
How is Yoda gonna tire someone who toys with Vodo?

IKC
Yeah.. given how Exar toyed with the most ancient and powerful Jedi masters of his age, I'm struggling to envision how the council would go about beating him.

Illustrious
They either all attempt to mob him at once, or they line up and die, it's really that simple. Kun takes this more often than not.

jollyjim311
Well Obi and Anakin could team up on him while the rest of the council uses force attacks. Once Obi or Anakin die then Mace will step in while the rest of the council continues to screw up Exar with the force. I say if they start off in Melee then the council wins, otherwise, Exars force powers take out a few Jedi and then he finishes the rest off.

Council#13

why do u only have 4 days left?

Darth Traya
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Well Obi and Anakin could team up on him while the rest of the council uses force attacks. Once Obi or Anakin die then Mace will step in while the rest of the council continues to screw up Exar with the force. I say if they start off in Melee then the council wins, otherwise, Exars force powers take out a few Jedi and then he finishes the rest off.

Obi Wan and Anakin will last seconds. The entire council is nowhere near Exar's level in the force or his lightsabre abilities.

How will Yoda, Mace and co. screw Kun with the force? Kun was so attuned with the darkside that the very ground beneath his feat shook with his presence.

Kun wins this with ease.

Ianus
Originally posted by jollyjim311

I'd like you to point out for me the one instance anyone on the council has displayed an offensive Force power good enough to kill a Sith Lord.

Borbarad
Let me see...

Kun has some great amount of force powers and I'm pretty sure he can outduel most of the Council quiet easily. I guess he will simply destroy the "minor" characters with force powers only.

BUT

We have seen that powerful force users are capable of resisting Sith magic (Vodo resisted Kun's freezing spell in the Senate) and most people in the PT Council aren't exactly "weak" when it comes to force powers (at least they somehow managed to survive three years of war).
Therefore I guess Kun would probably still have to deal with Mace, Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan at least.

Now let's see what we have:
Yoda who can be seen as Vodo's equal although I guess he might have better chances against Kun compared to Vodo seeing that he will use a lightsaber where Vodo used a walking stick. Since I don't believe that you can handle a walking stick in an "agressive" way (well...you wouldn't do much damage with that kind of stuff) I have to say that I think that Vodo was pretty much pushed into defence in his last fight with Kun. That won't happen to Yoda.

Then we have Mace who is a lightsaber prodigy by any means. I'm pretty sure he can give Exar some trouble when it comes to sheer duelling skill. I know that Exar created his own style that only him and Ulic knew about but on the other handside the same thing can be said about Mace (who is the only person able to use Vaapad in ROTS times).

And we have Obi-Wan and Anakin. I don't think that they are anywhere near Kun when it comes to handling a lightsaber but Obi-Wan had encountered (and bested) a person handling a double-bladed lightsaber when he was a Padawan and during the Anakin vs Obi-Wan duel in ROTS we have seen that both can handle their weapons very good (and fast) when they have to.

I don't think that Exar is able to simply "waste" those people and while I guess he might be able to win at the end the Jedi might be able to tire and finally kill him (by any mean...fighting Obi-Wan, Anakin, Mace and Yoda is not what I would call "easy" at all).

IKC
There's an inaccuracy, Nai. None of the Jedi were affected by Kun's freeze spell, he only performed it on the non-force users on the Senate. The numerous Jedi present Kun pretty much ignored.

Besides that, Vodo wasn't present when he cast the spell. However, we've established that Vodo is greater than Yoda, considering he was powerful enough to make his walking stick more powerful than a lightsaber. Honestly, someone that can slap around Vodo isn't going to be troubled with Yoda.

The trouble for the Council is that they can't all attack Kun at once. From what I understand, Mace and Yoda's styles both need quite a lot of room to be effective. They'll end up getting in each other's way if they attack at once. I'd say Kun takes this with an 80% chance of victory.

exanda kane
Exar would do a Sidious on the Council (despite being much more powerfful than Sidious) . Only Mace, Yoda, Obi-Wan and probably Anakin would probably be able to hold him back at first, then it'd just be touch of go probably. I think Kun would win *repeats what veryone else said about kicking jedi master arse* yeah...Kun.

Se7in
How can we conclude that because someone hones a powerful Force ability, they are instantly greater? So Vodo could make his walking stick formidable, that doesn't add to his dueling skills. Yes, he was a lightsaber grandmaster and centuries old, but we have no ground on whether or not to consider him better or worse than Yoda. Bastila can change the course of entire battles, both between armies and fleets, yet she is no saber god, so we can't make that assumption about Vodo against Yoda.

IKC
You seem to forget that Vodo was the Grandmaster of the entire Order as well, and that Yoda displays no feats on Vodo's level. Indeed, PT Jedi are commonly believed to be inferior to Jedi at the time of the Sith War. The fact that he is considered also the lightsaber Grandmaster, yet uses a walking stick, is even more impressive. Vodo would beat Yoda, I say with all confidence.

exanda kane
Exar Kun will hack his way through Fitso, Tinn, Ploon, Gallia, blah blah blah blah, and may even just hack through Mace, Yoda, Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Darth_Glentract
Although I disagree with IKC on almost every point from the Sith War(which by the way, IKC, I have just given up on being able to change your mind, but still do not concede to your points), Vodo is better than Yoda.

Like IKC said, Yoda and Vodo were the best from their times. Vodo was the best from a better time. The only argument against this is that Yoda was more of an outlier, but that doesn't seem to be true. Mace was near equal to Vodo, while no one in the Jedi Order was as good as Vodo, nor did anyone even seem to be approaching him.

calvin44
dont under-estimate those gauntlets.

Borbarad
@IKC:
Sorry...Do you want to undermine Kun's force powers ? He didn't freeze the Jedi ? Then why they hell they did exactly nothing to stop him ? Were they just recovering from a hangover ?

"Oh look. He's killing the Chancelor."
"Yeah ! Nice show dude."
"Oh my. Now he killed Vodo."
"Wow. That guy is amazing."

And for Vodo being stronger then Yoda: What do you have to prove that statement. Let's see:

1.) "Vodo could make his walking stick stronger than a lightsaber"
Great. Obviously we never saw him defeating somebody wearing a lightsaber. Best thing I can say about that walking stick is that it was able to deflect a lightsaber. At that is one single strong force ability and beside that ?

2.) "Vodo was the Grandmaster of the Order"
What does that prove exactly ? That he is the best swordfighter, the most powerful or maybe that he is just the oldest Jedi or the wisest ?

3.) "Yoda displays no feats on Vodo's level"
Can you remind me where we have seen Vodo deflecting force lightning with his bare hands ? Where have we seen him jumping around like mad while fighting oponents ? Where have seen him throwing Sith Lords through an entire room ? Where has Vodo ever displayed feats on Yoda's level ?
May I just remind you that Yoda is stated to have mastered all forms of lightsaber combat including stuff like Trakata which was only mastered by some few powerful Jedi Masters throughout the entire history of the order (and again we haven't seen Vodo using something like that) and Yoda has some force abilities which are not shown in the films (Force Light - ability to remove Dark Side manifestations from Nexus points) ?
And if fighting with a walking stick seems impressive to you what do you think about Yoda killing a Dark Jedi on Dagobah without even having a weapon ?

4.) "TOTJ Jedi > PT Jedi"
Again that nice little point which I have argued a thousand times. Lucas himself states that the PT is the "golden age of the Jedi". Period. And where has any TOTJ Jedi desplayed greater feats then the PT people ?
The greatest actions of force use by the Jedi I've seen in TOTJ were
a) capturing Ulic (who was overpowered by several Jedi)
b) cutting Ulic's force connection of (and Nomi Sunrider did that while Ulic was pretty much defenseless).
c) defeating Exar (again combined power of hundrets or thousands of Jedi over Yavin 4)

Beside of that the TOTJ Jedi act exactly as stupid as the PT Jedi - even more stupid - watch Kun on Ossus ("Oh...the old master just died. I better take that Sith holocron. And well...you can join my forces. What ? Me ? A Sith Lord ? Come on...stop joking..."wink or Ulic and his team on Onderon ("Oh...yes...Let's just do what Queen Amanoa tells us. What ? She's a dark side user ? Come on...you must be joking. What do you mean if you say 'The Dark Side is nearly dripping out of Iziz walls' ?"wink.

Yeah. Right. They are totally leagues above the PT Jedi...
roll eyes (sarcastic)

exanda kane
Golden Age Of The Jedi does not neccesarily indicate that those Jedi were more powerful. In anything it's implies the opposite. In the Sith War Era you had bloody Uber Force Gods rising out of the ground every century or so.

Illustrious
The Golden Age of the Jedi is not like the Golden Age of the Sith. Two different ideologies makes the "golden age" mean different things.

Ianus
Actually, Nai... The jedi in the room were being kept in line by Massassi if I recall correctly.

mace=badass
Mace, Yoda. Obi, and Anakin could surround him. Maybe they get lucky and overwhelm him, maybe not. But I have no clue what the other jedi would do if those four were surrounding him. Plo could force lance him, n' stuff.

calvin44
like i said, dont unerestimate those gauntlets.

IKC
Nai, regarding the "freezing Jedi" comment: read the comics. Kun pretty much ignored all of the Jedi in the room save for Vodo, with good reason. They couldn't hope to harm him.

When Sylvar accused Kun of murder after he killed Vodo, he told her "stay out of this" and casually blasted her across the room.

Point number 2: Vodo successfully disarmed Exar Kun while he was still training under him. That plus the fact that Vodo had purposely confronted Kun in the Senate chamber with the intent to stop him (Vodo has a monologue to this effect on Dantooine several pages prior) leads me to believe that Vodo can make his staff do a little more than deflect lightsabers.

darthsith19
Originally posted by IKC
I don't know, but I'd imagine Yoda and Mace together'd be a good match for him and might even win. What if everyone else went before them in groups of two? He'd be tired as hell.

IKC
Hardly. He curbstomped without breaking a sweat the greatest Jedi masters of his age. This is a battle that the PT Jedi cannot win.

And like I said, both Mace's and Yoda's styles require a lot of room to use. How are they going to mob him?

darthsith19
Originally posted by IKC
Hardly. He curbstomped without breaking a sweat the greatest Jedi masters of his age. This is a battle that the PT Jedi cannot win.

And like I said, both Mace's and Yoda's styles require a lot of room to use. How are they going to mob him?
Okay, but I don't think the Jedi can win. What if Yoda goes up against Kun 1 on 1. While they're fighting every other Jedi is Force Choking Kun. Surley he couldn't block all of them at once. Hard to fight when you can't breath, right?

Darth Avis
1. JEDI DON'T USE CHOKE!
2. KUN WILL KILL YODA IN SABER COMBAT
3. KUN CAN EASILY DEAL WITH 8/12 MEMBERS WITH ONLY THE FORCE!!!

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Avis
1. JEDI DON'T USE CHOKE!
2. KUN WILL KILL YODA IN SABER COMBAT
3. KUN CAN EASILY DEAL WITH 8/12 MEMBERS WITH ONLY THE FORCE!!!
1) Yes, they do. Remember Luke?
2) While being chocked? No.
3) 8.5 members. But 11 members while dueling Yoda? No.

Se7in
As much as I hate overpowered characters, Kun will win this. Through speed, Force, and acrobatics, he could evade Yoda and Mace long enough to land some incapacitating blows on the weaker Council Members. Mace, Yoda, Obi, Anakin, and Kit would be those left standing. Taking down Kit and Anakin next, he rids Obi through use of the Force. He duels Mace and Yoda, one at a time due to conflicting fighting styles, and beats each.

Se7in
That has nothing to do with this fight. Luke is not a PT Council Member. Name one PT Council Member who displays the use of Force Grip. Anakin did not gain this power, or at least use it, until he went to the Dark Side.

Darth Avis
Show me one time when a PT jedi used choke. Never? why you ask? Because it is forbidden. then yoda dies. then everyone else gets pwned.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Se7in
That has nothing to do with this fight. Luke is not a PT Council Member. Name one PT Council Member who displays the use of Force Grip. Anakin did not gain this power, or at least use it, until he went to the Dark Side.
Whatever. Point is Jedu can use it.

Just because one does not use the ability doesn't mean one can't. Yoda can. Who else would ahve taught it to Luke? If Yoda knew and taught it to Luke it's only logic the other Council Members would know it.

Se7in
What? No that makes no sense. Did Bastila's master know Battle Meditation? No, yet she could use it. Did Obi-Wan or Sidious teach Anakin Grip? No, yet he could use it. Yoda can't use it.

Darth Avis
no it is not. The art is forbidden, but you are stuborn so okay they use choke. Kun defends the weak attacks and kills yoda. then he shows the jedi a real choke.

darthsith19
Sorry, I don't really know anything about Bastila. As for Anakin, of course, how else would he know it? Yoda can't use it? Surely if Luke can Yoda can. He's leagues above Luke.

Forbidden, huh? Yeah, and so is killing an unarmed opponent, yes Mace was going to kill Sidious. Why? Because he's to dangerous to be left alive. Same with Kun. Defends the attacks? 11 Force Chokes coming from above avg. Masters, which include Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin, while fending off Yoda. LOL.

Darth Avis
Damb you i can't argue your stupidity. JANUS WHERE ARE YOU? LOOK AT THE JANUS SIGNAL IN THE AIR.

darthsith19
Damb you i can't argue your stupidity. JANUS WHERE ARE YOU? LOOK AT THE JANUS SIGNAL IN THE AIR.
Yup, that's gotta be my favorite. An insult followed by a cry for help big grin

Ianus
Originally posted by darthsith19
Sorry, I don't really know anything about Bastila. As for Anakin, of course, how else would he know it? Yoda can't use it? Surely if Luke can Yoda can. He's leagues above Luke.

Forbidden, huh? Yeah, and so is killing an unarmed opponent, yes Mace was going to kill Sidious. Why? Because he's to dangerous to be left alive. Same with Kun. Defends the attacks? 11 Force Chokes coming from above avg. Masters, which include Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin, while fending off Yoda. LOL.

Uh, Force choke is easy to learn; it's part of the basic Jedi telekinesis ability. But the PT jedi DON'T use it because it's an aggressive force power. If they could, they would Force choke everyone and not use sabers.

It's false to assume that Luke was taught something that Anakin used out of anger without being taught as much.

And EU says that jedi and Sith are taught to resist TK from an early age. Kun would be no different. And considering that Kun can smite Force users who would smite Yoda and Mace with a WAVE OF HIS HAND I really fail to see how they would all succeed in doing something that is against their life code and against their way of fighting.

Prove up, man.

darthsith19
Uh, Force choke is easy to learn; it's part of the basic Jedi telekinesis ability. But the PT jedi DON'T use it because it's an aggressive force power. If they could, they would Force choke everyone and not use sabers.

It's false to assume that Luke was taught something that Anakin used out of anger without being taught as much.

And EU says that jedi and Sith are taught to resist TK from an early age. Kun would be no different. And considering that Kun can smite Force users who would smite Yoda and Mace with a WAVE OF HIS HAND I really fail to see how they would all succeed in doing something that is against their life code and against their way of fighting.

Prove up, man.
1) But they do know how to use it. They don't use it because it's aggressive. But if it was a metter of either dying or using it and defeting Kun I'm sure they'd use it. No Jedi's that perfect.
2) Who says no one taught it to Anakin?
3) Trained to resist it, huh? That explains how Tyranus was able to use it on Obi-Wan.

Se7in
1) Yeah, just like how out of four Council Members, not one used it while Sidious slaughtered three of them.

2) Who says someone did teach it to Anakin?

3) Notice that says EU. This is the movie where there is little, to practically no threat of the Sith accoring to the Council in TPM. Point and case is the existence of Niman.

Illustrious
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) But they do know how to use it. They don't use it because it's aggressive. But if it was a metter of either dying or using it and defeting Kun I'm sure they'd use it. No Jedi's that perfect.
2) Who says no one taught it to Anakin?
3) Trained to resist it, huh? That explains how Tyranus was able to use it on Obi-Wan.

1) They do know how to use it. That explains why don't didn't use it on lesser opponents while they were getting slaughtered by the dozen, right? Face it, they never did, they may have the ability, but what makes you think they will have the execution of a two dollar llama?

3) Maybe that's because Dooku was the superior force user, huh? Did you see Dooku getting force pushed around by Anakin and Obi-Wan? Does that mean they can't? Please. Kun is far more powerful with the force than any one of them as well as having far more offensive force powers than any of the council have ever seen.

Ianus
Indeed. Also note that Dooku caught Obi-Wan by surprise with the choke. The jedi master wasn't expecting it.

darthsith19
Well, Sidious killed two of them before they could even react. Then it was only two on one and obviously Mace had top keep fighting because if he stopped Kit'd die in a second and I guess thought it'd be more beneficial to fight alongside Mace then stop fighting and use grip.

I asked you first.

Who would they have used it on? Hmm?

Indeed. My point exactly. You can block grip if and only if you are stronger than the person using/trying to use it on you. Now tell me, do you really think Kun's stronger in the Force than 11 Council members combined?

Darth Avis
But it wont be combined. i can slap away the hands of 11 12 year olds easily but if a 30 year old man hit me my slapping hand would be dead.

darthsith19
But it wont be combined. i can slap away the hands of 11 12 year olds easily but if a 30 year old man hit me my slapping hand would be dead.
Slapping hand? Dude, since when has a slapping hand been the same as the Force? One can only muster so much energy to block them. If Kun only has enough power to block eight of them then the other three still choke him.

Darth Avis
jesus they won't be PERFECTLY sycronized. there will be at least a split second in between each choke. slap slap slap them away with a wave of Kuns force hand.

Illustrious
Saesee Tiin was shown raising his lightsaber to attack Sidious while Sidious' blade was STILL IN Agen Kolar's body. How does that indicate he wasn't ready? And even so, not once did Fisto attempt to use the ability.

Oh let's see... Dooku? Ventress? Random Stormtrooper #13?

And do you really think Kun's standing there and letting 11 council members try it? He'd walk in with his offensive force powers and immense lightsaber ability and would most likely hack apart a few of them before they could react. He killed a lightsaber grandmaster in seconds before he got his double-bladed lightsaber.

Darth_Glentract
I thought he had his double-blade by then? It doesn't make any difference though.

Illustrious
Ahh well, he didn't use it.

IKC
Inaccuracies!

Kun's first Jedi kill was Odan-Urr, but he didn't use his saber.

His second was Vodo. He used his double-bladed saber and won in seconds.

darthsith19
jesus they won't be PERFECTLY sycronized. there will be at least a split second in between each choke. slap slap slap them away with a wave of Kuns force hand.
What? It's not just a slap, he'd have to hold them all back. After he blocks it once will he be able to hold them back the whole time? No.

Well bo-hoo to Saesee Tiin, who got absolutely wasted by Sidious and probably isn't even strong enough to use Force Choke. And I already explained why Kit didn't.

Dooku? When? Asajj? When? Random Stormtrooper. So you mean use it on one and therefor not be able to block attacks from the other 10 surrounding you?

Yeah, like he'd just cut through the door, walk in and kill a few while they just sat there and stared.

Ianus
What? It's not just a slap, he'd have to hold them all back. After he blocks it once will he be able to hold them back the whole time? No.

Proof that the jedi can use and will use Force choke on a single Sith Lord?

Proof that he can't withstand it if they did?

Well bo-hoo to Saesee Tiin, who got absolutely wasted by Sidious and probably isn't even strong enough to use Force Choke. And I already explained why Kit didn't.

So there's a power you must be at to Force choke? First I've heard of it. Sources? Cited proof? Why can't Saessee Tiin, a jedi master who outranked all the jedi in Cloak of Deception including Yaddle, Yareal, and others, not use Force choke? Or could it be he would never use one, because he is a jedi?

Dooku? When? Asajj? When? Random Stormtrooper. So you mean use it on one and therefor not be able to block attacks from the other 10 surrounding you?

He's asking you to prove that the jedi can use Force choke and are willing to, since they obviously never used it on others even when it would have been convinient or outright save their lives.

Yeah, like he'd just cut through the door, walk in and kill a few while they just sat there and stared.

No, it wouldn't be like that but it's pretty ridiculous what you're saying; that the PT jedi will forsake their code and all synchronize Force chokes on a single Sith lord.

Prove up.

Illustrious
Thanks for admitting he wasn't strong enough, since he is a council member, for the entire PT no less.

Tiin couldn't even survive 5 seconds against a Sith far lesser than Kun, who was able to waltz into the Senate, freeze thousands of individuals, kill one ancient Jedi Master with a wave of his hand, and then saber-own the lightsaber grandmaster in seconds. Yoda and Mace are really the only members of the PT council that could rival the two individuals that Kun pwned. So wait, how are they going to stop them?

How about when Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting him? Clearly if one of them was force choking him and the other was saber dueling him (like your strategy says) he would have gone down rather easily.

Hell, you need to show one instance when the Jedi defeated any force user using the attack.

You saying, "zOMG they had no opportunity" while they were getting slaughtered by the dozens doesn't help your case at all.

Outside of Yoda and Mace, no one there can survive more than 5 seconds against Kun. And of course, you have nothing but speculatory crap about them using force choke on them.

And what are they going to do about Kun's demonstrated force powers? They're going to die, that's what.

darthsith19
You yourself said they could use it. Proof that they will? Well, they break their own rules to kill people if those people are Sith.

You yourself said someone can block that ability if they are stronger than the person using it.

Because he's weaker than a statue. All he does is stand around. Stronger tha Yaddle and Yarael? Wow, they must be pretty weak. Outranked all the Jedi? Even Yoda? yeah right.

Yeah, and I'm asking when it would have been convienent.

They forsaked their code to kill Sidious, a single Sith Lord.

Yeah, and so is Trebor.

They other 11 Jedi will stop Kun. Saesee will get in a starfighter and blast him away? I don't know. Maybe he'd die.

No. I agree with Ianus. A Force User stronger than you can block your choke. Neither Ani or Obi were stronger than Dooku, force-wise anyway.

I can't because there is no instence known because there was no time it was needed. Simple as that.

One on one maybe.

Ianus
You yourself said they could use it. Proof that they will? Well, they break their own rules to kill people if those people are Sith.

No, they wouldn't. Same reason why Luke Skywalker cast down his blade instead of striking down his father. Same reason why Obi-Wan didn't finish Anakin, and why Yoda didn't blitz and kill Dooku. The jedi are not killers by choice. What you're saying is that they will embrace the dark side to HARM Exar Kun. This is inconsistant with their beliefs.

You yourself said someone can block that ability if they are stronger than the person using it.

Indeed, and Exar Kun is likely stronger than any single individual on the council. Hence, you've just argued he can block them all.

Because he's weaker than a statue. All he does is stand around. Stronger tha Yaddle and Yarael? Wow, they must be pretty weak. Outranked all the Jedi? Even Yoda? yeah right.

Nice to see you've an open mind and know the source material. Saesee outranked all the jedi on a mission. Yoda and Mace were not on said mission.

And your opinion of his abilities (Uninformed as it is) isn't a valid argument for your original point.

Yeah, and I'm asking when it would have been convienent.

You obviously need to be told?

They forsaked their code to kill Sidious, a single Sith Lord.

When did they forsake their code? Yoda didn't Force choke Sidious.

Yeah, and so is Trebor.

Trebor died in AOTC. He was not a master for the whole PT.

They other 11 Jedi will stop Kun. Saesee will get in a starfighter and blast him away? I don't know. Maybe he'd die.

You're sure not convinced of this victory, are you?

Great Vengeance
Exar. No jedi can defeat him except maybe NJO luke but I think that would be a stretch.

Borbarad
Janus...the Jedi Code is essential to the PT Jedi but it didn't stop them from being the individuals they are and it didn't stop them from taking "agressive" actions if needed.

Yoda and Obi-Wan at the end of ROTS went to kill Anakin and Sidious and not simply stop them (as Yoda said: "Destroy the Sith we must."wink. Mace wanted to kill Sidious because he thought it would be too dangerous to let him live. Yoda force pushed Sidious through his office and threw a pod at him. Obi-Wan was clearly about to chop Anakin into halfes when Anakin was lying on the table without having his lightsaber at hand during their duel on Mustafar and didn't hesitate to cut Anakin's legs and arm off when he had to.

The point is if they know that they can't "capture" an enemy who is a threat to them or the Galaxy itself they will move and try to kill that enemy and I doubt that they will think they can "capture" Kun being confronted with his force powers once.

Now thinking about the individuals present: Anakin is always on the edge of using the Dark Side (he did it against Dooku, against Asajj Ventress at in the end against Padme and Obi-Wan), Mace Windu (as far as we know) had used force crush on Grievous and he didn't hesitate much before force pushing a vibroshield into Kar Vastor's body nearly killing him. And Yoda knows when he really has to be "aggressive".

I know that Kun is very powerful but I don't think he is able to deal with the amassed knowledge, force powers and fighting skills of the entire Council especially when we don't know how much time it would take him to use "advanced" Sith magic (like freezing the Senate chamber) - things above lightning and force choke. If he can do it quickly and take out a great amount of Council members with his first attack he might be able to win that fight but I doubt that he would survive a lightsaber fight with Anakin, Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto, Mace and Yoda if they have enough space to fight (and having a look at the fighting place I guess they have).

Ianus
I think you're missing the point: I'm not neccessarily arguing the outcome with darthsith19; I'm arguing his reasoning.

He says the entire Jedi Council is gonna instinctively Force choke Kun, but in the next post he's saying Saessee Tiin, one of the better Force users on the council, can't use Force choke. He's basically not making any sense.

And really, when was the last time you saw jedi pooling their force powers to overcome an enemy?

Well, there WAS that one time where the entire jedi order pooled their powers to create a shroud of light over Yavin, trying to purge it of the dark side. But the idea of the jedi pooling their force powers and attacking via the Force is unsupported entirely.

And I wasn't refering to the jedi not killing at all, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely that especially Yoda would abandon the code he reinforced and used and lived by for 900 + years to try and Force choke Exar Kun.

He felt Sidious was a great enough threat to destroy, and yet he did NOT choke him. The most he did was deflect his Sith lightning, chuck a pod at him, and force push him. No choking, period.

darthsith19
Allright, I'm done here. But the Jedi do have the power to win. You can decide for yourself if they are willing to use that power or not.

Dark Aristokrat
Thanks for the linkage to this old thread, IKC. This one was a good one.

Lightsnake
I'm just....curious...where does this Kun being so uber rumor COME from anyways? I don't think the PT council would mind destroying a Sith Lord as evil and dangerous as Exar. People have just theorized vodo was the grandmaster of the Order....however, there's nothing backing that up. The Jedi Order was dreadfully unorganized there and the term 'grandmaster' didn't exist then whatsoever. Even if it came to sabers, Yoda and Mace could bring him to the ground together or-arguably, I admit-Yoda could deal with it himself.

Kun was cool and all, but I find him to be seriously overblown. He was smart, but made one mistake too many

Dark Aristokrat
Long before you came here, people actually debated all of these threads with Kun and Revan and Ragnos, and others. And they arrived at their own conclusions, which are supported by hard evidence and logical structure. Hence, it's not a rumor- it's the best rational conclusion.

Lightsnake
Janus, please explain these rational conclusions and hard evidence...all Kun has going for him: A scar, a ponytail and a double sided saber. To say he could beat the entire PT council at once is preposterous. Yoda wouldn't hesitate to kill him on the spot, nor would Mace

zephiel7
Exar Kun.

The Jedi order, stagnated by years of good living, will most likely get massacred by a sith lord that lived during one of the most turbulent times of Star Wars history.

Even if they were beating him through sheer numbers, Exar would simply destroy Coruscant, would he not?

Hello Friend
These TotJ characters are sounding more like DBZ characters now...

Anyways, going by what I know, Kun will win. They might be able to hold him off for a few minutes, Yoda and Windu going offensive from the front, Obi-Wan and Anakin simply adding pressure from behind him. That's assuming they can surround him.

BTW, Mace Windu did force choke Grievous.

Dark Aristokrat
No, he didn't.

Hello Friend
What did he do then?

Dark Aristokrat
Apparently he used the Force to crush his armor or something.

Lightsnake
What turbulent times did Exar live in? The order was freaking complacent when that Nadd trouble started

Dark Aristokrat
PT era came from a Sithless era. They had abandoned their armies and their battle armor after Ruusan. Hell, the majority of force users in the PT use the Diplomat's Form, whereas no one does in Kun's time. How do you get the idea that PT era > Old Republic era?

Lightsnake
Point being? So did Kun, exact same Sithless time: One thousand years.

The PT era dealt with numerous threats, came out of a time of one thousand years of brutal Sith rule, had access to the wisdom of ages in their temple, had a concrete system and order, unlike the OJO where numerous masters lounged about doing their own thing, had the luxury of not being almost wiped out in the span of fifty years...

And the majority of the Jedi learned Niman, many didn't favor it.

IKC
No, instead they had the luxury of being almost wiped out in five minutes.

If you think the OJO was complacent, the PT Jedi were stagnant. Lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat (in the field) was unheard of, they don't have the Ossus knowledge base (for which the Coruscant temple is a poor replacement), they're under the dogmatic rule of a little green alien (yes, great counsel he provides: let bad things happen!), and they display none of the great powers of Sith War-era or even KOTOR-era Jedi.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.