RONIN'S IDENTITY! (SPOILERS) X-men news too...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
Firstly, too all you lame whinos who kept complaining about Silver Samurai being an New Avengers villain before he even became a New Avengers villain...Suck a big one from Brian Bendis. They don't even fight. Silver Samurai even slices up a few hand Ninjas before Iron Man takes care of the rest.

Ronin is....Maya Lopez a.k.a. Echo

Basically, she has the Task Master powers. Copies things after seeing someone do them. Ronin is a woman, and well I don't know much about her. Go question the Daredevil fans. I think I saw the name Echo pop up here on one of the Ronin threads..

Haha...as for mutants not getting their powers back...Bobby Drake is once again the Iceman!

I almost fell out of my seat when I saw the cliffhanger in the latest issue of X-men.

Now my theory is...Boddy Drake never actually "lost" his powers. He just lost the secondary mutation; if that is the case then Joe Quesada is not a big fat liar. They switched him right out for Lorna haha.

Oh well, I can live with that. Too bad Warren lost his powers though. (See Gen. M 4.)

I bought Generation M 1 too. So if anyone wants early spoilers for that one leave a messege and i'll get back to this thread some time tonight.

You know you love my threads.

The Ion
So Lorna is powerless? I never knew that. sad

crimsonphoenix
thats great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

long pig
Old news. I spioled it 5 months ago! evil face

8bitChris
Guessing isn't the same as spoiling!

Lucid Lui
Echo rules, so i'm glad it's her. Though i really thought it was gonna be a guy...

Mainstream
I like Echo.

The Ion
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/tgtshazam/ronin.jpg

WTF is on her face? Looks like she got pimp slapped. confused

Adam Warlock
Most people assumed Silver Samurai was going to be their next villain. "coughDracocough"...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Most people assumed Silver Samurai was going to be their next villain. "coughDracocough"...

Yeah...but after you see an ninja taking down Iron Man, what else can you expect? wink

Draco69
And after the debacle with Sauron...

8bitChris
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Yeah...but after you see an ninja taking down Iron Man, what else can you expect? wink

There were hundreds of them, and the one that caught Iron Man napping just basically stabbed him in the back.

Hand Ninja Swords = Strong. In Wolverine's comic (Agent of Shield storyline) he tripped out because the Hand Ninjas used their swords to rip apart his Sentinel.

Anyway, Iron Man made up for it later by taking out all the Ninjas by himself.

Spidey, "Why didn't you do that before?!?"

Tony, "You guys kept bouncing around right in front of me!"

later....
Spidey, "Man, I can't help but think that if the Sentry were here this would have all been over in about 3 minutes."

Or something along those lines. smile

8bitChris
Originally posted by Draco69
And after the debacle with Sauron...

I still don't get why it's so surprising.

One of the guy's powers is hypnotism, and all the Avengers that were present at the time weren't exactly immune to it.

It wasn't bad writing and was well within the range of Sauron's powers. He's done it to the X-men numerous times.

Draco69
Yes. The X-Men. When they were teenagers. Or when they only had three or four weak-ass members like Jubilee or Angel facing him.

Still, it's the AVENGERS. The Avengers shouldn't have trouble with or even waste their time with a fourth-stringer like Sauron. They should be facing foes like Ultron and Nefaria...

Glad to see they're fixing Austen's mess. May he burn in hell....

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Ninja stabbed him in the back. It didn't put him out of commission. They didn't lose against the ninjas. wink

DarkCrawler
Ninja stabbed him in the back. It didn't put him out of commission. They didn't lose against the ninjas. wink

I'm just not used to see an guy who takes attacks from Hulk, Namor and Silver Surfer shout in pain when an ninja stabs him. sad

Draco69

Yeah...

But Iron Man's highly advanced tech should have detected someone less than a foot away from him. Not to mention his forcefields...

And the reason this fight was so ridiculous was because it was an actual FIGHT. It lasted for the entire issue. And they all came out bruised, cut and damaged one way or another. Which is why the issue was laughable. God I can't wait until Thor comes back...

The Ion
God I can't wait until Thor comes back...
yes

Funny. I wasn't too big a Thor fan when he was alive but I've been itching for his return.

8bitChris
Iron Man's super advanced tech probably detect hundreds of people very close to him.

It was an extremely crowded and cramped area.

The fight didn't last the whole issue. A lot of it was talking about Silver Samurai and Jessica Drew with her traitorous behaviour.

I did think how the Ninjas took Luke over the side of the building was badass though.

My belief is that that is how a fight between Ronin, Spiderman, Spiderwoman (Well, technically she did sneak away.), Iron Man, Captain America, and hundreds Ninjas would end up on a cramped balcony of Tony's sweet Penthouse.

The Avengers weren't too beat up at the end of it. If Wolverine and Sentry were present it would have been a curb stomp.

Also, let's not forget that when all his friends weren't bouncing around in his way on a cramped pent house balcony Iron Man easily took out all the Ninjas by himself with one blast.

Draco69
Originally posted by 8bitChris
Iron Man's super advanced tech probably detect hundreds of people very close to him.

It was an extremely crowded and cramped area.

Doesn't matter. If you read Iron Man comics, his armour has Celestial, Skrull, Richards, etc. tech hardwired into it. His armour can even detect miniscule energy patterns in the air. If someone is about to attack him, than the armour will AUTOMATICALLY protect him.

And he has constant forcefields capable of alot of damage soak. So there's absolutely no excuse for a ninja pimping him.

The fight didn't last the whole issue. A lot of it was talking about Silver Samurai and Jessica Drew with her traitorous behaviour.

Okay, okay. The entire issue minus 2 pages and three blocks...

My belief is that that is how a fight between Ronin, Spiderman, Spiderwoman (Well, technically she did sneak away.), Iron Man, Captain America, and hundreds Ninjas would end up on a cramped balcony of Tony's sweet Penthouse.

Iron Man should have just place a forcefield around his team than blasted the ninjas to hell...

The Avengers weren't too beat up at the end of it. If Wolverine and Sentry were present it would have been a curb stomp.

The fact that they WERE beat up stands testament of how paltry the team's track record is so far. The Hand Ninjas aren't tough. They never were. Jubilee and the friggin Generation X had no problems curbstomping them.

And seriously Wolverine by himself takes these guys by the hundreds. Even though Iron Man and Spider-Man may or may not have any experience with them doesn't excuse them from curbstomping them into the balcony floor.

Draco69

Also, let's not forget that when all his friends weren't bouncing around in his way on a cramped pent house balcony Iron Man easily took out all the Ninjas by himself with one blast.

Which is what sonic concussions directly attuned for specific targets are made for. He's done it before.

long pig
I didn't guess, I spoiled it like 3 months ago. stick out tongue

http://www.marvelarchiv.de/bilder/ronin.jpg

Arahan
Nice to see a chick in the New Avengers. After Spider-Woman it is good to have girl.....but on the other "hand" (you get it "hand"wink Why in hell got she a hand sign on her face???? And why in hell we get another "Street Level"
character.

Street Level
Captain America
Wolverine
Ronin
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman

High Level
Ironman

Cosmic
Sentry

Whats wrong with Marvel that doesnt sounds like "Earth Mightiest heroes"

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by Arahan
Nice to see a chick in the New Avengers. After Spider-Woman it is good to have girl.....but on the other "hand" (you get it "hand"wink Why in hell got she a hand sign on her face???? And why in hell we get another "Street Level"
character.

Street Level
Captain America
Wolverine
Ronin
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman

High Level
Ironman

Cosmic
Sentry

Whats wrong with Marvel that doesnt sounds like "Earth Mightiest heroes"

I agree with you Arahan. They have Earth's Mightiest Hero(The Sentry), but that doesn't qualify them as Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Bendis needs to add some powerhouses to the team. Thor can stay asleep a little longer, meanwhile Beta Ray Bill should join them. He's on earth now. Wonder Man and Warbird are like a couple now, and they should return to the Avengers.

Did you guys read Young Avengers #9 yet? Damn... Even they are fighting cosmic threats before the New Avengers.

Creshosk
Jubilee and the friggin Generation X had no problems curbstomping them. Jubilee's experienced against the hand.

She took Sauron down too. . .

joesha28
Originally posted by The Ion
yes

Funny. I wasn't too big a Thor fan when he was alive but I've been itching for his return.

Yeah the current Avenger are screwed badly....from the front, back everywhere! I mean a powerhouse (Sentry) with Schoolboys and worse, powerhouses behaving like schoolboys (esp Ironman).

Fans, both Thor-fans, anti-Thor fans even avengers-fans seem to wait for Thor's return, like he's Avengers' messiah or something.

King_Mungi
Wonder Man and Warbird are like a couple now, and they should return to the Avengers.

Warbird is coming back issue #16

Arahan
Warbird is coming back? good news. And yes Beta Ray Bill as New Avenger would be awesome. That was my first thought after i read his Stormbraker Minis.

My suggestion kick Wolverine and get Beta Ray Bill.
Wolverine is a X-Men, in my eyes he will always be a X-Men.
To be in 2 teams is dumb.

Creshosk
Warbird is coming back? good news. And yes Beta Ray Bill as New Avenger would be awesome. That was my first thought after i read his Stormbraker Minis.

My suggestion kick Wolverine and get Beta Ray Bill.
Wolverine is a X-Men, in my eyes he will always be a X-Men.
To be in 2 teams is dumb. Good thing he's not on two teams. . shifty

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/219810
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/251383

Arahan
Gambling? Why are you posting gambling sites?

Creshosk
Gambling? Why are you posting gambling sites? Gambling? They're cartoons. huh

long pig
Originally posted by long pig
I didn't guess, I spoiled it like 3 months ago. stick out tongue

http://www.marvelarchiv.de/bilder/ronin.jpg
I can't help but look at this picture and think that the hand print has been super imposed after it was drawn.
That picture of Echo could have just as easily been Elektra, who everyone guessed and bitched about.

At a closer look in photoshop, it REALLY looks like it's secondary art from the original.

I bet the writers and all heard all the bitching that it was Elektra, and a last ditch effort, changed it to Echo. All they had to do was add a hand print.

8bitChris
I can't help but look at this picture and think that the hand print has been super imposed after it was drawn.
That picture of Echo could have just as easily been Elektra, who everyone guessed and bitched about.

At a closer look in photoshop, it REALLY looks like it's secondary art from the original.

I bet the writers and all heard all the bitching that it was Elektra, and a last ditch effort, changed it to Echo. All they had to do was add a hand print.

No, the artist just draws all the faces the same. All the guys pretty much look the same and all the girls definately look the same. Without the handprint, mask, and green lipstick you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Spiderwoman, Scorpion, and Echo. I'm sure if Elektra was in the comic she would look justl ike them too.

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Warbird is coming back issue #16

I hope Simon comes back with her. They need more powerhouses on their team. Cage is an ant compared to Simon.

Lucid Lui

I bet the writers and all heard all the bitching that it was Elektra, and a last ditch effort, changed it to Echo. All they had to do was add a hand print. It's possible, but i think it was always supposed to be Echo. Especially since the hatch opening in midflight and her being able to pilot a plan that's never been seen before was also perfectly set up for one final clue as to who it was.
Warbird is coming back issue #16 I'm really looking forward to that.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'm really looking forward to that.

For Warbird or for ALpha Flight? smile

xmarksthespot
For Warbird or for ALpha Flight? smile For Warbird. shifty stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
For Warbird. shifty stick out tongue

Yeah I know that's the reason why most will pick it up, but can't you lie just abit and say it was because of Alpha Flight? wink

xmarksthespot
Yeah I know that's the reason why most will pick it up, but can't you lie just abit and say it was because of Alpha Flight? wink Okay, I'm getting it for Alpha Flight. Go Canada! big grin

Lucid Lui
Looking forward to both equally...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Creshosk
Jubilee's experienced against the hand.

She took Sauron down too. . .

Jubilee > New Avengers. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.