Theory on Force Potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
I was just thinking(actually thought about this a while ago) about force potential and I noticed some things.

First, lets look at several powerful force users who don't have any artificial means of enhancing their power(Sith Amulet's, for example would be artificial).

They all have strangely near levels of power. The following are all generally considered to be on the same level:

Yoda
Dooku
Mace
Bane
Sidious
Lord Hoth
Malak
Vrook
Kavar
Kaan
Exile
Corran
Kyle
ect.

I think you get my point. Anyone of those people could give anyone else on that list a hard time and rip anyone not on it who doesn't have some special force enhancing power.

Also, note DE Sidious. He uses force enhancing things like Naga, and is boosted to near Naga's level of power. Presumably, if Naga didn't have those things, he would onto the above list, as would Exar, Ludo, Revan, Ulic, and Luke for example. It's seems really strange to me that they would all be this near in power level.

My point is that perhaps there is a ceiling on how much potential each person has and it is around the level of the people on this list.

Except for one person. Anakin. Anakin is supposed to have the highest force potential of all time and would had he not taken a lava bath on Mustafar. GL states Anakin as 80% as powerful as Sidious in OT, but that he would have been twice as powerful if he had reached his full potential. That makes his solidly more powerful than anyone else without artificial force enhancements.

Also note that this solves things like Yoda being equal unable to defeat Sidious even though he has an additional 800 years of training.

So, do you agree or disagree with this idea. If there is anything that you think needs to be fixed on it, please say so. If you disagree, please give reasons for why you disagree. Tnanks.

calvin44
in the book it tells of sidous' kyber crystals, and where he got them.
those count as force enhancing objects.

Captain REX
I disagree with that list, I must say. Kyle Katarn near Yoda's kind of power, or even Sidious' power? Doubt it!

I agree that Anakin had more potential than any other Jedi or Sith, though. Lucas said it himself.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by calvin44
in the book it tells of sidous' kyber crystals, and where he got them.
those count as force enhancing objects.

This is why I have bashed you. You didn't mention what the book is called, you used the SS way of spelling Kaiburr Crystals, and you need to work on you grammar skills.

Rex, Kyle is up there by now. He has ~25 years of force experince and has defeated many Dark Jedi. He was the head combat instructor in the NJO, too.

calvin44
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
This is why I have bashed you. You didn't mention what the book is called, you used the SS way of spelling Kaiburr Crystals, and you need to work on you grammar skills.

Rex, Kyle is up there by now. He has ~25 years of force experince and has defeated many Dark Jedi. He was the head combat instructor in the NJO, too.
my brother read the book and told me about it. ill tell you when i talk to him.

Captain REX
Still, Yoda had 900 years... wink

Kyle is incredibly skilled, though.

SS_181st_Snow
Hmm, yes, that does make Sense. Yoda's 900 years were in force knowledge, yet potential usually doesn't change unless something drastic happens (I.E Anakin getting sized up..hehe...I make myself laugh), in which he lost his Midi-Chlorien count, or does that effect anything?

Ianus
I was just thinking(actually thought about this a while ago) about force potential and I noticed some things.

First, lets look at several powerful force users who don't have any artificial means of enhancing their power(Sith Amulet's, for example would be artificial).

They all have strangely near levels of power. The following are all generally considered to be on the same level:

This is a perceived nearness of the same level of power. It's not really this even. For example, you have Yoda and Dooku on this list next to Bane, and yet Bane survived Sith poisons, helped orchestrate the Thought Bomb, etc.

Also, you list people who can't be verified as being at above, or below the levels of Yoda and Dooku and Mace: specifically the KOTOR Jedi and the Exile (And even Lord Hoth). They have few to none feats to speak off, and their canonical powers are few if any. The only reason they're on your list is because you've assumed they have a certain level, but first you must prove this.

Yoda
Dooku
Mace
Bane
Sidious
Lord Hoth
Malak
Vrook
Kavar
Kaan
Exile
Corran
Kyle
ect.

Again, there isn't enough evidence (And most certainly none shown here) to say these guys are even in the same ballpark. If you wish to make a theory (And by all means, do. It's good for debating) you have to prove your points, not state them.

I think you get my point. Anyone of those people could give anyone else on that list a hard time and rip anyone not on it who doesn't have some special force enhancing power.

Again, burden of proof. For all we know, the Exile could be choked by Dooku and stabbed, KO.

Also, note DE Sidious. He uses force enhancing things like Naga, and is boosted to near Naga's level of power.

You need some evidence for this. In particular, DE Sidious and Sadow show very DIFFERENT abilities. I don't see how you could easily compare them.

Presumably, if Naga didn't have those things, he would onto the above list, as would Exar, Ludo, Revan, Ulic, and Luke for example. It's seems really strange to me that they would all be this near in power level.

The first part is unsupported speculation. Sadow is never shown without his gear, and indeed he has piles of it. His ungeared level is unknown, but it must be considerable. Where do you think all that Sith magic came from that powered his ships and such? Thin air?

My point is that perhaps there is a ceiling on how much potential each person has and it is around the level of the people on this list.

Considering that there are so many variables effecting each person's training, mastery, etc., I don't readily see how you could establish such an idea.

Except for one person. Anakin. Anakin is supposed to have the highest force potential of all time and would had he not taken a lava bath on Mustafar.

Correction: Anakin has the highest midi-chlorian count on record. Since the earlier times didn't check midi-chlorian levels, it would be foolish to assume he was the only one so high. It's also foolish to assume he's the only one that powerful unaided. In fact, evidence points to Anakin being "Created" by Sith practices, so he would be artificial compared to the others who were naturally born that way in any case.

GL states Anakin as 80% as powerful as Sidious in OT, but that he would have been twice as powerful if he had reached his full potential. That makes his solidly more powerful than anyone else without artificial force enhancements.

Burden of proof. You must first show people unaided by trinkets etc., relate them to one another to establish some kind of theoretical power level, and then proceed with this point.

Also note that this solves things like Yoda being equal unable to defeat Sidious even though he has an additional 800 years of training.

No, it doesn't. That was circumstance that beat Yoda, not a Force potential cap. There is nothing that needs to be solved. Fate was not in Yoda's corner that night, period.

So, do you agree or disagree with this idea. If there is anything that you think needs to be fixed on it, please say so. If you disagree, please give reasons for why you disagree. Tnanks.

As it stands now, I disagree. I also think that you can't prove this case because you can't prove all the way across that there is a Force potential cap. It could vary from race to race, from time to time, or from bloodline to bloodline. There is not enough evidence to support this theory at all.

Atlantis001

exanda kane
Its a shame that theres not many too give a decent comment back to this(exception of Janus and a fewothers), its quite a good topic btw, but I cannot be bothered to fathom an answer...I get what your saying but tbh I'm not too interesting in debating the answer. If anybody makes some good posts I'll probably believe what they say.

overlord
It's a nice theory but still over-analyzation unfortunately.. To be more than a theory all writers and Lucas and such should have actually used this wich seems horribly unlikely.
The arguments are just plain coincidence.. Sorry to say it. sad

Spearhead
Don't take this the wrong way...but what's the theory? It seems to me more of an observation.

Alkaselzer
I agree.

I also still don't like the 'Anakin a Sith creation!' theory. It can die, for all I care. Makes it seem less mystical and more magical. The Force isn't magic.

Anyways, I agree with most of Janus's comments.

Except for the 'No one was checked in ancient times' comment. That makes Anakin seem a completely average powerful person (like Yoda, Kenobi, etc.), very contrary to what I think GL intended.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.