Is it getting a little chilly in here is or it just me? (ICEMAN SPOILERS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

8bitChris
I'm guessing the only thing he lost was his secondary mutation.

He's back...

http://www.marvelarchiv.de/bilder/iceman.jpg

botcherby
FFS that was way too quick, I would have enjoyed seeing Iceman in human form seeing what he'd get up to.

but regardless

**** YEA!

hotsauce6548
What's his secondary mutation?

Creshosk
So much for that "mutants that lose their powers aren't getting them back. . . I hope some of the others that lost them get them back . . Of course it could be limited to Omega. . .

jrodslam
Whoo! As Iceman being my favorite Marvel character, im glad hes back to icy form. I just hope he wont be like it constantly and be able to transform back. More than likely he will be able to cange back and forth. I actually stoped buying the book for an issue.

wsg
x3movie.com (X3 teaser!)

Creshosk
Originally posted by jrodslam
Whoo! As Iceman being my favorite Marvel character, im glad hes back to icy form. I just hope he wont be like it constantly and be able to transform back. More than likely he will be able to cange back and forth. I actually stoped buying the book for an issue. And that's all the difference they needed to know that Iceman was popular enough to keep his powers. Good work!

Now if we can get some of the others back.
For example
|
\/

Blair Wind
Jubliee? Give it my friend....i think your the ONLY jubs fanboy....but I hope you get what you want...as for me...

HOLY YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! ICEMANS BACKKKKK!!!!!....my theory is that he lost his secondary mutation, and that balanced out his getting his powers taking away....ima go post this and stick it in X's face...YES!!!!

Disappear
i found the clues first for once... too bad the speed with which he reappears with powers completely takes away from the shock of him "losing" them to begin with.

Paola
he was dead? shock

oh! look! beautiful butterfly! happy

papillon

Creshosk
Originally posted by Paola
he was dead? shock

oh! look! beautiful butterfly! happy

papillon No, just depowered. He appearently got them back the same way he was upgraded the first time. . .

Kinda cheapens the shock value but you know what? I don't care, I didn't like the idea in the first place. good riddence to it I say.

*steals the butterfly*

papillon

Now . . what is the code to make it bounce like in the Moderator rouges signature? shifty

Paola
wasn't he upgraded first time courtesy of none other than the White Queen?

Now... code is 'bounce'

xmarksthespot
That was a while ago. More recently was upped in status to having near limitless potential to his abilities which he began to tap into, could exist as a mind without a body, instantaneously stop the motion of molecules to freeze things, teleport his mind through water..... he was god-moded.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Paola
wasn't he upgraded first time courtesy of none other than the White Queen?

It was Mikhal Rasputin(sp?) who helped him with his first upgrade. Then Emma.

hotsauce6548
Alright, help me out here. What's his secondary mutation?

jrodslam
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Alright, help me out here. What's his secondary mutation?

Its kinda tricky.

1. Snowman like build for first 7-8 issues or so. Then he learned to intensify the coldness to make the icy outer coating which lasted for years.

2. During an encounter with Mikhal Rasputin(sp?), Colossus's brother, he learned how to make his whole body ice from the inside out. Instead of just the exterior coating that he was used to. thanks to Mikhal, he also learned how to increase insize making himself stronger and more durable.

3. Mind switch with Emma Frost. While Emma had controll of his body, she was shot in the chest with a shotgun. It created a big hole in Bobbys chest which she healed. Thats when they learned that Bobby had regenerative abilities as well. After getting back to him own body, Iceman's chest was shattered again, and he was affraid to revert back to human form thinking it would kill him. He asked Emma how she did it previously, but she wouldnt tell him. She wanted him to do it on his own. That was the first time I persoanlly saw him breeze someones bloodflow to the brain. He did it to her in order fpr her to tell him how to do it. She still refused and Iceman had to do it alone. He did.

4. After a brief encounter with Black Tom, Iceman was again impaled in the chest. When he tried to transform back, he wasnt able to. Thus he was to stay in ice form forever.

5. Now currently, it seems like he will be able to revert back and forth from icy form.

Disappear
mikhail never taught bobby to change his size, he simply (and painfully,) turned an ice-coated bobby into a puddle of water, back into a living ice statue. then he knocked him out.

jrodslam
He didnt actually TEACH him how to change size, however when he changed Bobbys form to all ice, Iceman was more muscular/bulkier than his original state. In later issues, Bobby experimented more with that. And it didnt seem painful at all, what Mikhail did to him. Bobby did have the wtf?!? look on his face however. But there were no signs of pain. In fact, Iceman was talking while he was being changed.

And the knock out didnt come till after Iceman shot him with the ice-beam.

Iceman asked him what did he do to him, and Mikhail said he simple helped him achieve his full potential of abilities. In the next issue, he was shown using those abilities. He even give Mikhail the credit for the creativeness in #300.

Disappear
i've got the issues. when bobby's glowing, just before mikhail melts him, he's got a grimacing look on his face, and the "talking" he's doing is in small, breathy whisps, as if he was in pain. two panels down, as he's disintegrating into globs of water, his pose (upraised arm with clawing, tensed hand; melting face seemingly twisted in horror) seems to imply it wasn't comfortable. match that with the fact that this was his first time experiencing this, and when the process is used on other people they're painfully drained afterwards, i think it's pretty well implied.

bobby doesn't look any more muscular or bulky to me post-transformation, he just takes up more of the page and likely got more time in the drawing due to it being the "debut" image of his new form. how he managed a concussive blast of cold-energy, i have no idea, but it's only seconds after his transformation that he's torn to bits by mikhail's power. all mikhail did to him was change him to living ice, which, though it's a big step, doesn't mean he taught bobby anything about changing his size. bobby's own ideas, mixed with what mikhail did to him, are what let him change his size.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Disappear
i've got the issues. when bobby's glowing, just before mikhail melts him, he's got a grimacing look on his face, and the "talking" he's doing is in small, breathy whisps, as if he was in pain. two panels down, as he's disintegrating into globs of water, his pose (upraised arm with clawing, tensed hand; melting face seemingly twisted in horror) seems to imply it wasn't comfortable. match that with the fact that this was his first time experiencing this, and when the process is used on other people they're painfully drained afterwards, i think it's pretty well implied.

bobby doesn't look any more muscular or bulky to me post-transformation, he just takes up more of the page and likely got more time in the drawing due to it being the "debut" image of his new form. how he managed a concussive blast of cold-energy, i have no idea, but it's only seconds after his transformation that he's torn to bits by mikhail's power. all mikhail did to him was change him to living ice, which, though it's a big step, doesn't mean he taught bobby anything about changing his size. bobby's own ideas, mixed with what mikhail did to him, are what let him change his size.

Well ive got the issue as well obviously, and when his bodys glowing it doesnt look like hes grimacing to me. Plus hes making a wise crak while its going on. If he were in any type of pain im sure there would have been a "Oomph" or "Ahhnhh" or "Ungh". Two panels down when one arm is upraised, he appears to have the WTF is going on look. Yet he still doesnt say anything. Hes just in awe in whats going on. It doesnt show any signs of pain in my eyes. You say that when the process is used on other people they're painfully drained afterwards, yet when he gets up in his new form, he easily shoots an ice-beam at Mikhail. Then ice-slides over to him. That doesnt seem painfully drained to me. It implies that hes just fine. As he was during the transformation.

I wasnt talking about the debut look of Iceman, because you dont get a good look with him next to Mikhail. I was talking about the page after(19). When he hits him with the ice-beam his muscles are as big/bigger than Rasputins.http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3705/icemannewlook0mg.th.jpg
Even when he slides over to him, they seem even in size. To me that is. Like i said, that was the first time hes experienced something like that. He seemed bulkier than normal, thus when battling in other issues, he bulked up even more. Even in the issue right after, he did it, but not like the wayhe did in issue #300. He even credited it to Mikhail to even show him the way. He just took it a bit farther himself.

jrodslam
double post.

Disappear
his body's hunched forward, his speech bubbles are more jagged, and his speech comes out in miniature half-sentences. to me, despite him trying to "crack wise," something various faux-badboys do while getting hurt, he's still entering a pained state. when he's dissolving, his body is even more collapsed into itself, his muscles are tensed as if entering shock, and his gap-jawed look just screams "ow" to me. his recovery, of course great, is very different from typical "recoveries," as he didn't revert back to flesh and blood, while others do when iceman 'ports 'em. imagine having your body physically destroyed and turned into a puddle. his nerves were probably firing like crazy until they were all shut off/puddle-fied, at which point his pain would disappear. he even asks "what'd you do to me," making clear he noticed a big change; something like being in incredible pain, then suddenly not could cause. i suppose it doesn't really matter, but i never saw iceman as having a pleasant time doing it.

as for his bulkiness, the artistry there really just goes into perspective, as the muscles of his arm and shoulder are really the only ones seen, they're in a tensed position, and it's closer to the viewer than mikhail. on top of that, mikey looks uncharacteristically un-bulgy in that image. but in the panel below, with mikhail against the wall, bobby looks almost exactly like he did during his first two panels in this issue. match that with the fact that raney's pencils kind of suck and his perspective is horrible (mikhail in the "thank you, robert..." panel,) and i don't see iceman being any size bigger than he had been.

and, as for crediting mikhail, that's really just sentiment right there. it's like when grammy award winners thank god, though they only won the award because of talent they honed themselves over the years.

botcherby
we should be celebrating Iceman's quick return instead of arguing :P

and as for the secondary mutation, when Tom impaled Bobby, it activated his secondary mutation to become pure ice "permanently" he could still turn in and out of Ice form, but parts that were mutating stayed in ice form.

In the draco Iceman got blown up and reformed, although he could still return to human form in later issues, e.g. the cover to the last arc in uncanny.

then when uncanny switched to xmen, he had "fully" undergone his secondary mutation and become ice, unable to switch back. I think this all happened off panel. I'll have to quickly re read some back issues to check.

The fact that Bobby is an omega, means hes god-modded, we saw it in AOA and in the recent Xmen issues. but as ever 616 Bobby doesn't know how to use his powers effectively.

to me he deserves a solo

8bitChris
I have an issue, don't recall what number, where Bobby shows that parts of himself are still iced and he knows he is turning into ice but he doesn't know what he can do to stop it.

I think it was one of those issues where Northstar is hospitalized and everyone is telling him to hook up with Bobby. :P

Blair Wind
Originally posted by botcherby
to me he deserves a solo

He's had a couple mini series, the artwork was awesome on the second one (cover wise) but they need to make one with him thats better than the last two...

botcherby
yup your right, its the one where Anni finds out that Northstar is gay and fancies Iceman, because hes always quiet around him

hotsauce6548
Thanks. That helps.

xmarksthespot
Hmm... it seemed to me that it was Emma who unlocked Bobby's powers once again.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Hmm... it seemed to me that it was Emma who unlocked Bobby's powers once again.

Interesting. Could that mean she'll be able to bring others' powers back?

Emerica67
i dont know alot about x-men. so iceman secound mutation was him becoming pure ice?

Blair Wind
yep yep!

hotsauce6548
I finally read this issue, and I must say... droolio

botcherby
its has to be Emma activating Bobby's powers

if you read the issue, she notices a faint mutant signature... then the panel cuts immediately to Iceman, an obvious storytelling device thats so basic. Next when Bobby has the gun to his head, Emma is concerned saying toherself "Bobby I'm trying, I'm trying"

then in the next panel we see emma using her powers to do something to the "Premotor Cortex-- Midbrain -- Cerebellum"

and bamn the woman's hand is frozen, and the Iceman Cometh... again

Its simple fact that Emma connected the dots that Bobby still had his powers, and all she did was "unblock" his brain to access them again.

The fact that she felt a faint mutant signature means she will not be able to reactivate other mutants' powers.

Seeing Emma do this, furthers my opinion that she believes in bobby, that his potential is accessable if he uses it... and that Emma is a goodguy... I can't believe Emma to be working with the Hellfire club in her own free will, having saved Bobby's life like this...

willRules
Seeing Emma do this, furthers my opinion that she believes in bobby, that his potential is accessable if he uses it... and that Emma is a goodguy... I can't believe Emma to be working with the Hellfire club in her own free will, having saved Bobby's life like this...

Just cos she saved Ice-man doesn't mean she isn't working for the Hellfire club. She might be a traitor but that doesn't mean she wants them all dead...................yet.

Disappear
or maybe she just has a thing for being in bobby's head...

hotsauce6548
or maybe she just has a thing for being in bobby's head...

naughty

its has to be Emma activating Bobby's powers

if you read the issue, she notices a faint mutant signature... then the panel cuts immediately to Iceman, an obvious storytelling device thats so basic. Next when Bobby has the gun to his head, Emma is concerned saying toherself "Bobby I'm trying, I'm trying"

then in the next panel we see emma using her powers to do something to the "Premotor Cortex-- Midbrain -- Cerebellum"

and bamn the woman's hand is frozen, and the Iceman Cometh... again

Its simple fact that Emma connected the dots that Bobby still had his powers, and all she did was "unblock" his brain to access them again.

The fact that she felt a faint mutant signature means she will not be able to reactivate other mutants' powers.

Sounds plausible to me.

Disappear
she obviously did something wrong, considering the preview art up on buzzscope. cyke doesn't want anyone touching iceman, but havok does it anyway (apparently his plasma powers immunize his hands from the cold while active,) and alex comments on how cold iceman is. that, and his ****ed up appearance and dissociative speech... should make for an interesting story...

maybe that was spoilers.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by willRules
Just cos she saved Ice-man doesn't mean she isn't working for the Hellfire club. She might be a traitor but that doesn't mean she wants them all dead...................yet. She's not a traitor... she's just going slightly insane... at least imo...

Blair Wind
she obviously did something wrong, considering the preview art up on buzzscope. cyke doesn't want anyone touching iceman, but havok does it anyway (apparently his plasma powers immunize his hands from the cold while active,) and alex comments on how cold iceman is. that, and his ****ed up appearance and dissociative speech... should make for an interesting story...

maybe that was spoilers.

anything else happen in the issue, since i cant really get the comic....if you want put the info in spoiler tags...but i wanna know big grin

hotsauce6548

maybe that was spoilers.

That's awesome...

Hey, and didn't she say she detected a faint mutant signature around Polaris, as well?

botcherby
no nothing was stated about who's mutant signature it was, but from the writers storytelling devices, it had to be iceman

crimsonphoenix
Wait let me get something straight.......Emma brought Bobbys powers back? How?

I havent been reading any X-men issues recently so i dont know whats going on..............lol

botcherby
oh GAWD, I just read the preview for the next issue, and it looks crazy I'm totally excited about whats happening with Bobby.

to the best of my knowledge, bobby hasn't shown any usage of his powers... hes just become ice *thanks to Emma* and is seriously cold... I think its similar to when the xmen found bobby in the freezer, his body really really cold/out of control.

Disappear
CP, i just can't get enough of your sigs...

i don't know anything else about the issue because it doesn't come out til wednesday, i just know what i saw in the preview (up on buzzscope.com) but, i agree with what botch is saying above.

Disappear
actually, the link isn't on the main site anymore. here's the url, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.buzzscope.com/features.php?id=1213

Blair Wind
whos the crazy women who had ice powers herself???

Disappear
from the mask, the hair and the freezing arm, i think she's supposed to be crux. but that makes absolutely no sense, so i don't know.

hotsauce6548
from the mask, the hair and the freezing arm, i think she's supposed to be crux. but that makes absolutely no sense, so i don't know.

I thought she didn't have ice powers? I thought Iceman froze her arm?

botcherby
I guess thats whats gonna make the story more interesting isn't it :P

Disappear
i didnt read the previous issue, so i dunno. the frozen arm actually switches sides in one panel, which is likely just an artist's error, i guess. my first guess seeing a black-haired girl with a white mask and a icy arm was crux, since that's essentially her profile. but i guess, without knowing exactly what happened, i'm just talking shots in the dark.

icansee
Iceman is one of the original X men and in the last 30 yrs has not really been developed. This is really a crying shame the guy is or more powerful than Magneto but he is still reduced to making Popsicles.

cheekwg
iceman go lalalala iceman fight lalalala

ICE ICE BABY

hotsauce6548
I just looked in the comic again. Iceman did freeze her arm, right around where Emma was saying, "Bobby, I'm trying... I'm trying..." and then, "Premotor cortex--Midbrain--Cerebellum..."

Blair Wind
anyone have any info on iceman current powerlevels, cuz I was under the assumption that all Iceman lost was his secondary mutation, but recently in ever debate some guy says that well iceman lost all his godlike powers and blah blah blah....just wanted to know since I havent read anything recently...big grin

botcherby
Iceman has had godlike powers even before his secondary mutation.

all Iceman's secondary mutation was that he became Ice permanently.... or at least, he couldn't turn back.

Emma states that it was the trauma of HoM that caused Iceman to put a self imposed depowered state on himself. With this in mind, there is no mention of a loss of secondary mutation, more so he has gained control over it.

On the Marvel Site, it gives Iceman's stats if he were in Human form, which are just peak human. when in Ice form I'm pretty damn sure he has infinite durability and stamina so long as there is moisture in the air. hell he just takes moisture out of people and kills them (draco).

His speed is high up there too, being able to moisture invert at distances over 5 miles easily.

Iceman is godmodded, but no writer has actually bothered to use Iceman powers. Maybe one day...

botcherby
Also why would Crux join the friggin' sapien league!!!! she was part of the xmen once.

Blair Wind
I knew that all that, but people are being stupid...they think all his really good powers came from his second mutation, when he was in X-men Forever before his second mutation even occured and he did all his feats...pffft....some people are just dumb...

hotsauce6548
I happen to like Iceman godmodded. yes

Blair Wind
me to, I decided to make an Iceman respect thread....so if anyone has any scans with iceman doing something impressive go to the comic book subforum in the comic book movies section and post it there...big grin

botcherby
awesome!! I'm gonna get scanning!

botcherby
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
I happen to like Iceman godmodded. yes

I love it also, hes been my favourite Marvel character since the beginning of the Xmen!

Disappear
Originally posted by icansee
Iceman is one of the original X men and in the last 30 yrs has not really been developed. This is really a crying shame the guy is or more powerful than Magneto but he is still reduced to making Popsicles.

that's just not true... i mean, maybe he hasn't hit your high standards or whatever, but bobby's come a long way from being a snowman.

also, i didn't read the previous issue, so i thought the leper queen was crux based solely off appearance in those few preview panels...

Blair Wind
awesome!! I'm gonna get scanning!

Thanks big grin me and Jrodslam would appreciate it!!

botcherby
that's just not true... i mean, maybe he hasn't hit your high standards or whatever, but bobby's come a long way from being a snowman.

also, i didn't read the previous issue, so i thought the leper queen was crux based solely off appearance in those few preview panels...

Also Xmen Forever! Iceman started to access his potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.