Does It Fit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LethalFemme
I knew the title would catch ppl.......lol

a lot of talk about giving other ppl the gl ring got me thinking out of these ppl who be better at having the gl ring and who'd be worst.

Wonder Woman

Gladiator

Wolverine

Cyclops

Thing

Juggernaut

Spiderman

Elektra

Storm

soleran30
In my opinion Wolverine only because the guy has an IRON will.

wolverine8888
I was gunna say no but now that u mention it it gl ring is based on will power

DarkCrawler
Knowing Wolverine he wouldn't probably even bother to use the ring...he is more like close and personal type. big grin

wolverine8888
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Knowing Wolverine he wouldn't probably even bother to use the ring...he is more like close and personal type. big grin
naw he deffently would use it all during the gold war and world war 2 and one he used guns and such. thing would also be a good chose for the ring

DarkCrawler
Or Wonder Woman.

BobbyD
While Wolvie may have the stronger will, WW is a very close second. Plus, she is far more creative and intelligent than Logan. It's not a knock, just the truth.

LethalFemme
a ppl ur all forgetting 2 say who'd be the worst with it

wolverine8888
logan has a bove human intle. I lvoe how every things he a moron in oder to me a master of all those fighting style he have to be pritty smart.

DarkCrawler
Logan is no moron.

But WW is smarter...

Tony Stark
If your talking will power nobody has more of it than The THING he would do the ring the most justice and would show Hal what real will power is...

Storm gets my vote for worst ring wearer of the group she's not exactly known for her fortitude...

cool

newjak86
I would say the best would be Juggernaut because it takes away some of the things that are used aginst him alot. No ability to fly no metal resistance which ring grants him and now the ring would put up a force field even if Juggs forgets to roll eyes (sarcastic) Plus no one knows how the magics of Cyttorak would react with the GL ring maybe boosting its power even more.
The worst would probably be the people who already have simliar abilities. Gladiator and WW.

Wickerman
I'd say Thing would be the most obvious choice. I agree that Wolverine has a great will, but i'd say it's more stubbordness which derives from knowing the chances of him dying are minuscule. Thing on the other hand is kinda like Rocky. You can beat on him all you like. He's got a responsibility, and he'll get up.
The worst would probably be Gladiator.

~wickerman~

The Ion
Originally posted by Wickerman
I'd say Thing would be the most obvious choice. I agree that Wolverine has a great will, but i'd say it's more stubbordness which derives from knowing the chances of him dying are minuscule. Thing on the other hand is kinda like Rocky. You can beat on him all you like. He's got a responsibility, and he'll get up.
The worst would probably be Gladiator.

~wickerman~
Oh man, Rocky would be so sick with a GL ring. laughing

Draco69
It requires a strong mind and fortitude to wield the ring. So I can only assume that WW and Thing would be at the top of the list. Closely followed by Storm (she has to be completely calm ALL DAY in order for the weather to be natural) and Wolverine.

The rest don't stand a chance in heaven.

Wickerman
Originally posted by The Ion
Oh man, Rocky would be so sick with a GL ring. laughing

And his evil self manifestation Tangentax eek!

(who looks like Dolph Lundgren incidently)

~wickerman~

Adam Warlock
Daredevil has resisted the Purple Man out of sheer will power. His willpower is strong and would be a great candidate. Punisher would be an awesome candidate too.

Adam Warlock
I agree with Wickerman. Gladiator would probably be the worse to give one to.

StyleTime
I guess I am in the minority here.

I think Spiderman would be the best option. I'd say he definitely has the biggest imagination and I think he actually has the most willpower in this list.

who?-kid
Originally posted by StyleTime
I guess I am in the minority here.

I think Spiderman would be the best option. I'd say he definitely has the biggest imagination and I think he actually has the most willpower in this list.
Yup I agree. Spider-Man has indeed great imagination.

Behind all the jokes and the goofing around, there is his Will of Iron.

Not saying he is more strong willed than Wolverine, Thing or WW, but I also ain't saying he is less strong willed. But debating willpower is stupid, there's no way to measure such a thing.

Adam Warlock
Going off topic, but Style Time, I just noticed your sig. Is that the late Andy Hug?

If it is, my hats off to you for honoring a great martial artist such as Hug.

Black Rob
Originally posted by LethalFemme

a lot of talk about giving other ppl the gl ring got me thinking out of these ppl who be better at having the gl ring and who'd be worst.

Wonder Woman

Gladiator

Wolverine

Cyclops

Thing

Juggernaut

Spiderman

Elektra

Storm Mine's won't fit...oh wait i mean Juggernaut...

Draco69
People you gotta remember that the ring doesn't just require immense willpower it ALSO requires fearlessness. Literally. You have to be completely fearless.

Which may take Storm off the list due to her claustrophobia

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69
People you gotta remember that the ring doesn't just require immense willpower it ALSO requires fearlessness. Literally. You have to be completely fearless.

Which may take Storm off the list due to her claustrophobia

Kyle admitted to being afraid a number of times IIRC confused

I think it's less a matter of being afraid and more of a matter of facing that fear and overcoming it. Or at least ignoring it.

~wickerman~

The Ion
It was about total fearlessness but now it's more about realizing your fear and facing it for what it is. That's why Kyle should surpass all other Lanterns someday or at least would have before they made Hal all perfect again.

Wickerman
Originally posted by The Ion
It was about total fearlessness but now it's more about realizing your fear and facing it for what it is. That's why Kyle should surpass all other Lanterns someday or at least would have before they made Hal all perfect again.

You really hate rebirth don't you? laughing out loud

~wickerman~

The Ion
smile

Though the explanation for the yellow weakness was wonderful the story took a dump on Hal's run as The Spectre, The Final Night, and a fundamental part of what made Kyle so unique among the other Lanterns. Also why I'm glad Kyle will separate himself from the Lanterns and take up the Ion title again.

Piedmon
Wonder Woman - Is OP anyway, what does she need the ring for?

Gladiator - His confidence fluctuates too rapidly, he'd probably be the worst candidate here.

Wolverine - Has one of the greatest heroic willpowers in the universe, he might be second only to Captain America. His constructs would lack imagination, but the raw power behind them would be devastating.

Cyclops - Cyclops has a pretty good head for tactics, I can see him making some inventive constructs and constantly finding new uses for the ring. His willpower isn't the greatest, but it's not bad. He'd be at the very least a competent GL, and perhaps a great one.

Thing - Thing's fighting spirit is right up there to Wolverine's. Similarly to Logan, he'd probably suffer from a chronic lack of imagination. I see him constructing "brass knuckles" of GL energy and wading into battle like he usually does. But again, his will could make him a great GL.

Juggernaut - Not an especially strong will, and certainly not much for imagination. Let's face it, his invulnerability and strength have never lended themselves to creativity, and after years of smashing things working just fine, why would he vary it? Juggernaut would be a poor GL.

Spiderman - His willpower is considerable, although it usually comes from him being in an underdog situation (as well as his strong sense of responsibility.) Spidey's mentally tough only when he's on the ropes, in essence, so I think he'd be a ho-hum GL.

Elektra - She certainly has some good self-control, considering how much work that figure must take. Happy Dance Not terribly creative though, a sub-par GL IMO.

Storm - Her will comes from a strong sense of pride and identity.... I suppose she could be fairly imaginitive (she's not a BAD leader... unless you're a Morlock), but I don't see her being an especially good GL.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Going off topic, but Style Time, I just noticed your sig. Is that the late Andy Hug?

If it is, my hats off to you for honoring a great martial artist such as Hug.
Thanks. It's nice to know someone knows the guy in my signature. It is indeed Andy Hug. I figured I'd dedicate my first sig to him because he was such an inspiration to me and probably all who saw him fight. I believe he embodied all of the late Mas Oyama's kyokushinkai principles. I will work on a better one because this one is quite blurry and doesn't do him justice.

I hate that such a great warrior had to leave us at such a young age. I believe he would have taken Oyama's style to a new level.

DigiMark007
Spidey. I'm not being a fanboy, but there's multiple issues where they say something like "A lesser man, even with amazing Spider Powers, would have fallen by this point. Only through his magnificent and unbreakable will does Parker continue to fight." and similar stuff like that.

And he's smart enough to have fun with it.

MuffinmanMike
Originally posted by Wickerman
Kyle admitted to being afraid a number of times IIRC confused

I think it's less a matter of being afraid and more of a matter of facing that fear and overcoming it. Or at least ignoring it.

~wickerman~

Spidey, Thing, WW, and Wolverine have all done this before to some degree.

My personal choice would be Spidey.

Wolverine might get it, but he'd definetly butt heads with Guy Gardner.

WW wouldn't get it. Why, you ask? She hasn't gotten it yet, OR been offered as far as we know. Probably because of the slightly gender-biased nature of the Guardians.

Storm, same reason. Plus you put her in a box and she's done.

Gladiator? Probably same reason Superman, although I dunno about Gladiators homeworld status, though.

Juggernaut and Elektra aren't exactly the kind of person you'd want as a Lantern.

Cyclops, Thing, and Spidey are probably the best bets for Lantern..ship.

Creshosk
Originally posted by MuffinmanMike
Probably because of the slightly gender-biased nature of the Guardians.
How many do you suppose are female?
http://www.rogers-md.net/v/wallpapers/Green_Lantern_Corps.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
I to think Spiderman, and also Thing, would be best with the ring. They have good hearts and strong wills and would do whatever they can to save the day.

I'm not so sure who would be worse.

wolverine8888
wolverine has a far far far far stronger will then spidermans

Superherovandal
they wouldn't give someone like Supes or WW or MM a GL ring cause then they'd be too powerful. They were going to give Supes one in an alternate universe but refrained after adding in the Super-powers.

Scoobless
Originally posted by wolverine8888

prove it.... or at the very least give some reason for your statement

Superherovandal
I would say that superman would be if he were on the list. He didn't sleep with WW after staying a tent with her for 1,000 years in Asgard for war. That itself tops it for me.

Lucid Lui
Gladiator could handle it, but probably wouldn't want it. ;P

But yeah, the best from the list would be Thing.

wolverine8888
wolverine beserker rage for one is surpressed purly by his will. his will is mention all the time to be so unbelievable.x-men x-tinction agenda mentions that wolveriens body was beaten and he should not of been able to even be standing even but only throw will alone was he able too. when wolverine lost his powers they mentioned that his will to live and to fight was the only thing that kept him alife for so many months and would allwoe dhim to battle sinister even though he was dieng. his will power is mentioned far far more then spidermans is. thing is the only one on the list that probly has equal or almost equal to will power. also when master mind tryed to take overs mind wolverine would not allow it even thou every single other x-men was taken over so very easiliy wolverines will was to strong. when he finaly took over woverine mind after wolverine battle his whole team for hours on end was wolverien in enoguh of a weaken state to take over his mind. also later wolverine breaks free of the mind control from sheer will power to rescue the other trabbed x-men.

Superherovandal
I would think that WW would have a will at least as good as Wolvie. She holds back alot too. And its not just willpower its imagination which I would say WW is above wolvie or thing. but overall as a GL I would say WW or Spidey.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I would say that superman would be if he were on the list. He didn't sleep with WW after staying a tent with her for 1,000 years in Asgard for war. That itself tops it for me.

that just proves that he's gay

yes

Scoobless
when master mind tryed to take overs mind wolverine would not allow it even thou every single other x-men was taken over so very easiliy

you mention Master Mind.... his powers work more easily on stronger minds... meaning that Wolverine's mind is weaker than all the other X-Men

yes

wolverine8888
not so because he him elese stated that he never once seen a restence such as this and the will power be hind it is amzaing though i got be geting mystero mixed up with mastermind but I dought it.

MuffinmanMike

Far far far far stronger? Yeah, that makes about as much sense as Wolverine beating Hulk in a straight fight.

Barely stronger will, and that's probably less "will power" and more "cockyness".

wolverine8888
lol from a guy who knows not a thing about wolverine

brainchild81
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I would say that superman would be if he were on the list. He didn't sleep with WW after staying a tent with her for 1,000 years in Asgard for war. That itself tops it for me. Originally posted by Scoobless
that just proves that he's gay

yes Ditto

Swanky-Tuna
Even if he does, Spidey would undoubtedly make a better candidate for the ring because of his other aspects.

Dizzle
If nothing else, Spiderman wins because he's a creative science genius, and his willpower is actually GOOD. I like Kyle, but compared to most big superheroes, his willpower is so-so. Hal is up there with the best, but guys like Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Thing, etc would be able to make more powerful constructs than him, IMO. Which really makes me wonder how retarded the rest of the GL Corps is, when Kyle is considered one of the top 5...

LethalFemme
wow im surprised this made it 2 3 pages keep it up

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by LethalFemme

Wonder Woman

Gladiator

Wolverine

Cyclops

Thing

Juggernaut

Spiderman

Elektra

Storm

I'd give the ring to the Juggernaut or Wonder Woman.

DarkCrawler
Namor would be...

Ah, who am I fooling. Namor is an psychopath. Who suffers from manic moods swings because of unstable blood condition. Not to mention that he also has grand delusions, although that didn't stop Sinestro for being an great Lantern...

I think it would be a tie between Wolverine/WW/Thing.

Although if we go by imagination, someone like Spider-Man would rock.

willRules
lol from a guy who knows not a thing about wolverine

actually (no disrespect to Wolverine himself) but he summed it up just right............

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.