Planets of EP III

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
This may be a bit nit picky, but do we know which planets will be seen in EP III.....I'm sure in the comming months there will be announcements....."???" indicate uncertainty

I'll start with the easy ones:
-Coruscant
-Tatooine
-Naboo?
-Alderaan?

yerssot
coruscant: probably
tatooine: confirmed
naboo: possibly
alderaan: don't think so

Julie
If we do see it I think it'll be a brief glimpse.....do you have any other suggestions?

yerssot
lavaplanet: not going to happen

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) thank you for clearing that up

LanceWindu
What could the name be of the planet that MAY host the volcano?

yerssot
give me a minute to look it up

yerssot
Sigma Vulcanus

Julie
Volta????I dunno....How should I know....there are 26 letters in the Eng alphabet randomly playing with them will never get me anywhere

LanceWindu
Right, and you came up with that of the top of your head right?

yerssot
no, I'll mail the text to you...even better: get on MSN!

Julie
Why are we speculating on the name of a planet which we agreed will Not be in EpIII????

LanceWindu
I haven't agreed to it.

BTW I don't have the MSN anymore. We had to wipe the computer clean.

yerssot
thought so... PM me your emailadress then

LanceWindu
I still have the hotmail one and I also have [email protected]

yerssot
sending it to your AOL

LanceWindu
Ok

JediOasis
I've always thought we'd see Dagobah again in EP III. And I think we should see Alderaan, I would like to know what exactly is destroyed by the Death Star. And maybe Dantooine..."We found the remains of a Rebel base but it appears to have been abandoned for some time"

LanceWindu
I don't really care for Dantooine. But Dagobah would be nice to see, if not just at the very end of the film when we see Yoda go into hiding.

finti
imagine the bore living on Dagobah alone , and for years and years. At least it should have given Yoda the time to meditade on any matters by the time Luke showed up.....

LaurenE147
How could you live in one place for twenty some odd years and never have any contact with another person.

He-Man
Why couldn't you?

Anyway, I think we should see the clonefactories on Kamino getting destroyed.

yerssot
why? they should make more clones

He-Man
No!

yerssot
you going to stop him?

Darth Mulover
I think alderaan will be in it, are we forgettin princess leia, being taken to alderaan by obiwan to hide from vader, sayin as shes a diplomat to the alderaan system and all, and i think we will see the formation of the rebel alliance, prob on dantooine, coz the ep3 is about 20 years before anh, so it should be formed, or there would be no reaso for the death star, which i think will also be in ep3, or a mention of the construction! C:/site/kcc/duel.gif

Ushgarak
Absolutely no reason to see Dantooine at all.

Corran
I don't think we will necessarily see the clone factories destoyed, after the war the Emperor will just not need any more as he will use stormtroopers, just normal humans with cheaper armour, as this will be cheaper!!!
Alderaan I think we will see.
Dantooine I'm not sure on!

finti
as saaid before there is no need to see Dantooine.

I really hope we get to see Alderaan though

yerssot
darth mulover...
one thing...

in order to use the tags, you have to place the gif online, you can't do it when it's still on your harddisk

LaurenE147
Alderaan! Alderaan! We must see Alderaan!

finti
indeed

Julie
I agree...the question is will we see the surface or just a space shot?

LaurenE147
Well, they have to deliver Leia. And its implied that Padme lives there for a little while and we'll probably see that.

Julie
Where is that implied?????.....

LaurenE147
Leia remembers her mother. Her "real mother". Who "died when I was very young".

queeq
I wholeheartedly agree with Lauren. I just read about some remarks Lucas made about EpIII is that we will mostly see Anakin and not so much Vader. And since we know that Anakin doesn't know he has children, it's most likely we won;t see Padme die.

LaurenE147
I wonder if Vader knew he had a son when Luke was born or if he found out later.

finti
I think he found out after the battle at Yavin,

Gundark
Then Padme can't be noticeably pregnant until near the end I guess. So maybe somewhere in the film we get the "6 months later".....?

peluffo
Not if Ani/Vader is TRICKED to believe Padme IS dead

queeq
Which would be very un-Star Wars. Maybe Anakin turns halfway in the movie and doesn't get donned in his Vader armour until the end. There may be two moments: the turn to the dark side and the injuries that make him need the armour. After the first the separation between him and Padme takes place. And then.... there's another moment before that, that they may be separated. Remember the line from ANH by OB1: Owen Lars "thought he (=Anakin) should have stayed here and not follow old OB1 in some damn fool idealistic crusade."
Maybe Anakin gets kicked out of the Jedi order and OB1 goes to get him for some clinching moment in the wars...

But still, SW movies only last a particular time, fairly short.... But then, even Empire may have had a time lapse of a few months as well.

finti
Well we know Anakin is gonna get injured and from those wounds it takes time to recover, a lot of things can happen in the time it takes for Anakin to get injured and his recover and transform into Vader

Gundark
Perhaps the birth will be the very LAST thing that happens.

peluffo

LaurenE147
peluffo, where you been?

finti
you dont wanna know big grin

queeq
That sounds logical.... that and OB1 leaving with Luke before Leia gets born.

finti
oh that fast

queeq
Must be, I think.

Julie
Does Anakin know about both children?....

Maybe Anakin has been off fighting in the Clone wars and only talks to Padme on small holos.....I dunno

I think the births could be last but I hope they aren't the very very last thing that would be ....creepy

yerssot
Vader knows at MAXIMUM of Luke, but certainly not of Leia!

queeq
No, he didn't. Because then the Emperor would have known as well and gone looking for him.
"The Emperor knew, as well as I did, that if Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him."

yerssot
well, woops big grin

queeq
Indeed. wink

Julie
Can somebosdy recap.....what planets most agree will or will not be in EpIII?

LaurenE147
Hey, Jersey. Where ya been?

Julie
working...reading...writing...more reading....just haven't posted in awhile.....

yerssot
definitly in is Tatooine...but you can, I think, count in: Naboo and Coruscant.
Perhaps one planet, two would be possible too

Julie
I certainly hope to see Naboo again...it is a nice place....a perfect place to demonstrate chaos breaking out ...simply b/c it would be so out of character....

queeq
One more.... Well, I do hope we get to see Alderaan.

yerssot
no one wants the volcano planet again?

LaurenE147
That would be scary.

yerssot
why? lots of people wanted that

LaurenE147
Not for everybody. I just think lave is frightening.

yerssot
for the OB1-Anakin duel

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) are u causing trouble again....please....no lava planet

yerssot
I wouldn't dare!

It's been rumored since they told people that they were shooting the prequels that EpIII will end with the battle between OB1 and Anakin on a lava planet

Julie
Trust no one

yerssot
never did, never will

well, Lucas has taken care of some "known" thingies in EpII too

LaurenE147
Nothing is known. Things are getting switched around all the time.

yerssot
nope, actually some things are already confirmed

queeq
Could be, could not be.

yerssot
well, I'm not counting the things mcC said of course

Julie
good...so what is know....and I'm talking facts here esp planets....people

LaurenE147
nothing is known

yerssot
wrong lauren

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) Why do I feel we're going in circles????

People please.....

queeq
Running in laps. evil face

yerssot
Julie, because we still know nothing for certain!
The one planet that HAS been acknowledged is Tatooine

yerssot
JC question from sw.com:

Any chance we will see some familiar planets in Episode III like Alderaan or Corellia or Kessel?

-One of those, we may see.

Now, remember, its McC answering, so don't bet on it, and he says "MAY see", I'm thinking in the lines of NONE

Ushgarak
Not that anyone is familiar with Corellia or Kessel! So I wonder which 'one' he could mean...?

yerssot
probably Tatooine roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
my money's on Alderaan

queeq
No Corellia or Kessel, I hope.

Although someone once mentioned that Kessel was a volcano planet, so if the lava duel has any credibility.... who knows.

finti
Alderaan is a must

queeq
Quite.

LaurenE147
It's vital to the plot.

queeq
Is it? I dunno.... all we know is that Leia goes there after birth. Hardly a crucial plot point so far.

LaurenE147
But it will be.

queeq
There was a casting rumour on TFN. The poster suggested a young actrice was to play Leia. Now I find that hard to believe.

yerssot
they were actually talking about baby luke and baby leia:

"The Peter Pan casting team also is looking for talent that may be suitable for other projects. "If they're not right for this, they may be right for something else," Ms Martin said. The opportunity is the latest highlight in a boom time for Australian actors.

There is even a possibility two Australian children could be cast in the pivotal roles of Luke and Leia in the final Star Wars episode to be filmed in Sydney next year.

"A baby Luke, if anything, and Leia an Australian? Who knows?" said Attack of the Clones producer Rick McCallum during his recent Sydney visit."

queeq
That was not the one I read.

yerssot
and who was the source?

queeq
It was something on TFN.... can't remember. i can check though.

queeq
Here it is:

A casting rumor originally posted on darkhorizons.com. From eonline.com:

Dominique Swain told a London TV station she's close to joining the cast of a "blockbuster new space film," reports Dark Horizons. She dropped two hints that seem to point toward a role in Episode III. She said if she takes the part, she'll work mostly with Jimmy Smits (as Bail Organa, Leia's godfather) in a "hot" climate. I'm no Star Wars fanatic, so I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm feeling Swain as the young Princess Leia. Am I completely high?
Knowing Lucasfilm's reputation for secrecy, it's highly doubtful Swain would spill the beans so early on EP3 casting. Thanks to Tom for the heads up.

finti
He truely doesnt know SW roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
anyone know if Beru Whiteson will be played by the same as in EpII?

Julie
I don't know the official word...but I assume that Bonne Piesse still has the part of Beru in Ep III

yerssot
ah, great
shooting in January will cast some lights about some things

queeq
Yes, but I doubt that Leia will be protrayed as a little girl.

Julie
I always imagined the movie would end with the twins being infants....maybe a few months old at the most....

queeq
Me too. But more like the babies being sent off to their own planets.

You know, somehow it seems appropriate to make a jump in time in EPIII, but that is so NOT SW that I doubt that will happen.

Julie
true......none of that...."five years later" junk

queeq
No, not that much. More like "One year later." The thing is that ANakin cannot know Padme is pregnant, so it shouldn't show before he leaves permanently at least.

Julie
Why can't he know that Padme's pregnant?....What if that's his last good act...to bury his feelings for his family.

Dexx
because, maybe he'd wanna take them with him. And i'm sure that padme wouldn't want that

LaurenE147
taking the children with him to the darkiside is a no-no.

mah
yes, anakin wont do that

Julie
Do what?...try to take the children to the dark side, try to take Padme to the dark side, or even know that his wife's pregnant?

mah
try to take the children to the dark side

Dexx
well..maybe he won't...but he'll try...

Ushgarak
Can anyone please explain what we are talking about here? You are talking about the Dark Side as if it was a holiday resort. You can't just 'take' your kids there.

mah
that's why he wouldnt do it

yerssot
because it's too expansive!

Julie
you can try to influence someone....but I don't think Anakin would try to turn his kids...because I personnally don't think he'll know too much about them

Ushgarak
How can you influence your new-born kids?

I think this is the problem when the Dark Side gets so personified; people start to take that too literally.

Julie
laughing out loud that's funny because we all talk about star wars as if it was so real...and not just the greatest saga of all time

Mujaffa
smokin'

yerssot
that map is very old, already from 1999 I think.
and it's not accurate: Tatooine is in the wrong spot

Julie
map what map? *checks Yerssot's temp*

finti
according to what or whom?

yerssot
that map and the one in the SW Fact File are the same, with Tatooine at "the south", while in AOTC Kamino is "at the north side", south of the Richi Maze. You know Tatooine/Naboo etc. has to be close to eachother 'cause they got their faster then the others. So if Kamino is "in the north" and Coruscant is said to be the center of it all, Tatooine can't be "in the south"

Ushgarak
I am not sure you have fully explained yourself there, yerss!

All you have set out are the following conditions:

1. Tatooine and Naboo have to be close

2. Kamino has to be to the north

3. Coruscant must be in the middle

That map contradicts none of those. So what is the problem? The only other necessity is that Geonosis has to be close to Tatooine but that is not much of a problem.

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) we're discussion the logistics of a map made for an imaginary universe

finti
You must remember planets orbits, they dont stand still.
How will you say Jupiter is situated from earth?
There aint no north, south and so on in space

yerssot
badastrology.com, somewhere on that site, on the AOTC review, they say there IS a north and south in space stick out tongue

And finti, a planet orbit going down an entire universe is a bit much

Ushgarak
Yeah, but only if you view the galaxy on its side, yerss; a topographical map has no north and south. But as you used quote marks anyway it doesn't matter.

yerssot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good:
You're probably thinking that there is no "south" in space, right? Well, actually, there is! Our own Milky Way Galaxy, and presumably also the galaxy that existed a long time ago and far, far away, are both spiral galaxies. This type of galaxy consists of a large flat disk of stars and gas with a central spheroidal hub. The disk may have vast spiral arms sweeping through it, though not all do (read about spiral galaxies in an article I wrote for Astronomy Magazine's website). The Sun orbits the center of our own Galaxy in the disk. To us, in the disk, the galaxy appears as a thin line, since we are seeing it edge-on (like in the picture shown here, which is a spiral galaxy much like our own seen edge-on). The center of the galaxy, toward the hub, appears as a roughly circular bulge.

This gives us a natural coordinate system! We can define the galactic longitude of, say, a star (or a planet of clones) as its position in the plane of the galaxy, with the direction to the center of the galaxy defined as 0 degrees longitude. Latitude is then defined as how far above or below the plane of the galaxy the object is. We pick a direction to be "above" the plane (since up and down are arbitrary in space) and call this "north". The other direction is of course "south". Astronomers actually use a galactic coordinate system today to map out objects; it's convenient for many types of observations.

So it's not Bad at all that Obi-Wan says the planet is south of the Rishi Maze. It's actually a perfectly good way to describe it!

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/movies/starwars_aotc_review.html

finti
North and South are made up by the magnetic polar fields, there are stronger powers in the universe than those magnetic fields. Gravitation for instant. There are no North and South just as there are no ups and downs. The universe is just one huge mass off space.
But for all means let those you quoted tell me if the moon is to the north south, east or west of the earth.
There is also a difference for us earthlings to what stars we see, we have the northern and southern hemisphere.
So if those people talk about north and south in space remind me not to hitch a ride with them.

yerssot
mail them your prob roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
As I pointed out, yerss, that method only works with the galaxy seen on its side, as it specifies in your description, hence it does not work with the map of the SW Galaxy, but it still does not matter as you used quote marks, and Finti, in the sense used by yerssot's description there is a north and south in space.

finti
well in the SW saga they use terms like outer rims and core worlds and so on to tell the location of planets. Other words to explain location is TIME & BEYOND.

Julie
I see your point....but on a map there has got to be a "designated" north south east west.....

finti
Down her on earth yes, not up in space.

Corran
finti, stop pretending you're from Earth.

finti
It is obvious I have to teach you earthlings a thing or two.

Ushgarak
Anyhoo... any more comment about possible episode III planets?

Julie
well let's just recap before we close:
we have Naboo...possibly Alderaan....Coruscant... Tatooine...
perhaps mentions of Kamino....not likely a return to Geonosis, but it could be mentioned....most likely to keep things interesting, some new and exciting planet will be created just for EpIII!

yerssot
Naboo with the waterfalls in Croatia?

Julie
huh?......I do want to see more of Naboo, but I don't really know which part....probably more rolling hills....they're so pretty.

yerssot
been there, saw that

Corran
Bought the T-Shirt.

queeq
Skied it, jumped it, surfed it.

yerssot
so bye bye Naboo?

Corran
Party on dude.

Julie
sounds like fun...I'd still like to see more Naboo though....
Tatooine is so dry and depressing.....Naboo is soft and pretty

Corran
But you can make sand castles on Tatooine

queeq
True, but I think Anakin may just be a tad beyond that age at the time of EpIII.

yerssot
you would claim his wining is beyond that age too, but he still does it

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>